Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,323 views
Yeah, because there's only two alternatives to "staying at level 70". Quit playing or Prestige.

If you're not saying people should quit when they reach 70, then it's about Prestiging or not.
It's too bad you see it that way, I don't.
Going prestige is the progression of the game. Discussed already, look back some posts.
I'm saying players should not sit at level 70 to get all the goodies, which is an advantage. That is what this is about.
I don't know why you aren't using common sense about the difference.

Not true at all - they'd have to consciously work at it.
And they are.

I reached enough XP to Prestige with only 7 guns at Mastery (M4A1, SCAR, ACR and all four sniper rifles) and with 8 of the 18 Perks at Pro. At that point I had three favoured setups, all using Perks I'd got Pro for and one of the guns I'd got Mastery for (except the Riot Shield class, which had a Riot Shield).

In order to get all the weapon attachments and Pro Perks, I'd have had to change to an unfamiliar weapon/perk and work at it.
And?
Sounds like it's a disadvantage to you, to me it's the progression of the game.
The way I went through was using all the weapons and perks along the way as not be unfamiliar with any.
Maybe you should have and you wouldn't be unfamiliar with them.
Again I'm not attacking your play style, as it has nothing to do with this discussion. It is the level 70 sitter.

Now... you say this is laudable. I say this confers more of an advantage than merely being at Level 70. All Level 70 shows is that you have enough XP to be Level 70. If you have Mastery in every weapon and Pro in every Perk, it means you can pick up any weapon or Copycat any class during the game and instantly be competitive with it.
If you work through to the end, yup, its laudable. Don't you think so?
And an advantage, whether you prestige or not.


So now you have a problem. You'll decry people who stay at level 70 for having an advantage they don't necessarily have or use, but laud people who have Mastery in every gun even though they have an advantage that they can't help but use.
I don't decry all level 70 players.
I decry the players that purposely use this tactic, yes.

For you to say I decry all level 70 players is to say that you are the one to decry all of us then, because we have the option to camp, nuke, boost and so on, we choose not to though.
We all have the options to play as we like.
It's no different with the level 70, I don't call out all level 70 players, only the ones who will use it as I describe.
The people who have gone to 10th prestige, level 70, have no choice but to continue.
It's common sense, why do you bring that up?

Only... it's not really a problem. People who put time and effort into the game have an advantage that other people don't. So what? They put work in, they get benefit out. After all, people who've played the game at all have a colossal advantage over someone who's just started - they know the game engine and the maps, and knowing the maps is one of the biggest advantages there is. Let a newcomer loose on a 10th Prestige, Level 70 account with 100% weapon Mastery and Pro Perks and they'll get smashed from pillar to post by a Level 40 with a couple days' play under his belt...
So you tend to think a newbie with a default setup will do as well versus having all the goodies?
I don't.

Again, I don't think it's right to sit at level 70 with all the goodies, purposely.
It's only coincidental that prestige is the next step.
Don't confuse my issue with a level 70 sitter with someone who chooses not to prestige.
These players are using it to their advantage, just because you don't need all the goodies doesn't mean all players don't.

At level 1 you have the best sniper rifle, the best all-round AR

No pro perks at level 1 and the kill streaks are pretty low too.
You give reasons to move on and I agree, always did, because I always planned on going prestige.
@01GTP, you prefer to prestige for whatever reason, that is fine and nobody here is going to say you're wrong in doing so. This is why you have created yourself enemies,
A discussion that creates enemies, WOW!!!!!

@
you call us wrong for not following your path when we are not wrong in any way.
No, I call it wrong to be a level 70 sitter. Are you a sitter? No.
You are choosing not to prestige, that's all.
That's the difference, your not doing it to get all the goodies. You have valid reasons.
We don't not prestige for a gameplay advantage, some perhaps do but not all, we don't prestige because we have more fun playing another way but we may not do better, are we wrong for enjoying certain weapons which we gain no advantage from?.
Stop saying we, because as you said, you won't go prestige.
I play just as well, often better, using a stopping power, steady aim, style set up (which pro makes NO effect on when using the assault rifles which I like to do, literally zero) but I have more fun using Cold Blooded and Ninja, similarly which pro has not effected my gameplay on either to any noticeable extent.
So your a decent player, so what? Not all are.
I know I suck at it.

I can see possibly major gains coming from killstreak rewards, but in reality they're not as overpowering as they may appear. Thats why I like my Stinger missile, it means I can stop overpowering streak rewards dominating a game because I think they dominate a game without requiring much skill to use because with a good set up, 5 kills will grant you a missile which grants you a harrier which grants you a chopper gunner/ac130, I essentially do my best to remove the easy rider ticket to high scores by actively taking out air support as soon as, opting myself to use a 3 5 7 streak set so I don't have the big time kill makers.
Thanks for the tips.
Choice and selection does not equal advantage, the biggest possible gains are always easily rendered nothing when coming up against a good player regardless of level. After all as already said more then once before, it's not the weapon (or perk) it's how it's used and who by, only a true fool blames or relies on specific equipment. You think you need a high ish rank to start new modes, you're just as foolish and I don't mean that in a bad way I'm just saying there's no need to wait (Search and Destroy is perhaps the only exception). You will probably do just as well in Demolition for example regardless what weapon you use in the same way that I did as well as (infact better then) I used to do on COD4 as a max level compared to when I first started MW2 as a below level 10, a couple of months after everyone else started, because it's not the weapons or equipment that make you score well.

I have tried some Domination, I'm getting killed trying to find the best setups for that game.
I'm sorry, but it's a fact that for me to go into such games without my level 70 would be foolish.
I've tried it with the default setups too, not good.
I don't enjoy a game of 2-4-19.
I need all the perks, to say I don't is foolish, you've never seen me play.
With them I average 10--10.

It sounds to me as you are better players and don't see all options available to you as an advantage if you had them.
I do.

Agree to disagree.
At least agree that we are at an impasse.

I talk to players everyday on this subject and many are sitting at level 70 and taking advantage of it.
You two, (Famine and Dragonistic) seem to think I'm pointing fingers at you, I'm not.
I'm pointing fingers at the players out there that are using this to their advantage.
If you two think people out there are not purposely doing this, you are wrong.
I know plenty of players doing it.
I never accused anyone here of doing it. I accused the tactic as wrong.
If you do not see it wrong, it does not make it right.
You just disagree.

I think this is where I say "We're at an impasse."

This will go on forever as I see it wrong and you two do not.
So be it.
To say I'm wrong, for thinking this tactic is wrong, well, hey, whatever floats your boat.
 
It's too bad you see it that way, I don't.
Going prestige is the progression of the game. Discussed already, look back some posts.
I'm saying players should not sit at level 70 to get all the goodies, which is an advantage. That is what this is about.
I don't know why you aren't using common sense about the difference.

What difference?

Explain to me the difference between people who reach level 70 and don't Prestige and people who reach level 70 and don't Prestige.


Sounds like it's a disadvantage to you, to me it's the progression of the game.
The way I went through was using all the weapons and perks along the way as not be unfamiliar with any.
Maybe you should have and you wouldn't be unfamiliar with them.
Again I'm not attacking your play style, as it has nothing to do with this discussion. It is the level 70 sitter.

It has everything to do with the discussion.

Being at level 70 confers no gameplay advantage - contrary to the lynchpin of your point about being level 70. Having Mastery in every weapon and Pro of every perk does. Knowing the maps does.


I don't decry all level 70 players.
I decry the players that purposely use this tactic, yes.

Once again, explain the difference between the level 70 players you treat as though they were campers and the level 70 players you don't.

For you to say I decry all level 70 players is to say that you are the one to decry all of us then, because we have the option to camp, nuke, boost and so on, we choose not to though.

Well it would be, if I was saying that any of those ways of playing was inferior to my own. Except I'm not the one denigrating people.

It's no different with the level 70, I don't call out all level 70 players, only the ones who will use it as I describe.

Again, explain the difference.

So you tend to think a newbie with a default setup will do as well versus having all the goodies?
I don't.

Yep. Neither know the maps. They'll both get wasted.

Again, I don't think it's right to sit at level 70 with all the goodies, purposely.

As opposed to accidentally?

You encounter a lobby with 11 level 70 players, all on their first time through. Which of them do you treat as cheats and which do you not?


You two, (Famine and Dragonistic) seem to think I'm pointing fingers at you, I'm not.

Given that I'm level 42, 1st Prestige, I doubt I think that at all.
 
Sigh, epic domination fail earlier. I was capturing B at Quarry by myself, I was lying still just waiting to complete the capture when as I reach the end it resets back to the start of capturing again, I end up getting Noob-tubed about half way though capturing it the second time round. WTF is up with that?

Also scorekeeping fail only a few game earlier, I started the game by getting shot twice but recovered with a quick 5 kill streak, so I whip out the Predator and hit select as I'm controlling it down, my score said 0-0-2. After I finished the game I checked my kill/death count and sure enough, only the deaths added on to my total, my kills had just vanished even though I completed Kill dependant gun and missile challenges in that match.
 
Sigh, epic domination fail earlier. I was capturing B at Quarry by myself, I was lying still just waiting to complete the capture when as I reach the end it resets back to the start of capturing again, I end up getting Noob-tubed about half way though capturing it the second time round. WTF is up with that?
That happen on headquarter sometimes to :ouch: Really irritating if its a close game. With all those patchs, this should be easy to fix...



Im really enjoying search and destroy in the last days.. It really makes it more exiting with just one life each round :) Someone interested in a search and destroy clan ? :dopey:
 
IMO someone who just plays 1 type of gameplay is a camper. They didn't put all those different game modes so you could camp just in one.
Don't forget this is my Opinion and some will agree and alot will disagree but Oponions are opinions.

Anyway as a GTP team we got Fairplay his 1st nuke on wasteland
 
Congrats to fairplay then ;) I have not tried to get the nuke yet, maybe about time :lol:

Do you enjoy search and destroy uk86ze? Have not played that mode much with you GTP guys..
 
OK played MW2 HC for the very first time yesterday and had the most baffling experience using the stinger. Playing on Wasteland the other team calls in a harrier, I die, change to my CB/stinger class and proceed to aim said weapon at the enemy's aircraft. Per SOP I wait for the usual lock-on audio feedback and depress the right shoulder button. The rocket launches all fine and dandy but somehow manages to miss the target by some 200 ft. Seriously it went THAT awry. I mean I've seen Stingers miss on the odd occasion in "normal" core but never but that much. Anyway so I wait for the reload, get lock on and launch another. It ALSO misses by a wide margin. Now I've NEVER missed the same harrier with 2 stingers before (and I've shot down my fair number of aircraft in this game). And both shots were very much unobstructed. I mean I'm truly baffled :confused:. I actually had another clear shot with a stinger on another level, this time against a non-CG helo IIRC, and AGAIN it missed by a huge margin. Anyone else experience anything similar playing HC mode?
That is weird, man. I've shot down enough harriers to go cold blooded pro before(on a account I prestiged later, genius!), but then, that was on a normal TDM's. And like you said, if it missed on occasion, it wasn't by that much.
 
Congrats to fairplay then ;) I have not tried to get the nuke yet, maybe about time :lol:

Do you enjoy search and destroy uk86ze? Have not played that mode much with you GTP guys..

I play anything and ime sure we have played S&D together before with the rest if the guys. We will try it again tonight if you want.
 
That is weird, man. I've shot down enough harriers to go cold blooded pro before(on a account I prestiged later, genius!), but then, that was on a normal TDM's. And like you said, if it missed on occasion, it wasn't by that much.

Inquired on gamefaqs as well and based on the feedback the most likely explanation is that it was just a coincidence. Thinking back I literally missed 3 consecutive shots with the stinger locked-on (2 at the same harrier and 1 at a cobra/hind in a subsequent game). Like you said pretty dang weird. There should be a title for missing 3 consecutive stinger shots though, something like "missed the toilet" or "broadside of the barn" maybe :lol:.
 
I play anything and ime sure we have played S&D together before with the rest if the guys. We will try it again tonight if you want.

Yeah we have bumped in to it in mosh pit... We can try it tomorrow mate 👍
 
One thing i hate about the online play: campers!

There are people on the game though that are very good players and like a laugh like the lads i was with yesterday on the Playstation Nation but, get rid of these 🤬 that camp, the game will be better
 
To many people online is crying about campers.. Learn to deal with them. Its a valid tactic just as run and gun. And that some on this forum says its the same as punting in gt5p is ridiculous IMO..its a arcade shoother.
 
Just reading the posts above and saw that someone mentioned "sitting at level 70". Maybe a stupid question but how can you sit at level 70, you gain experience in every game whether you like it or not, so eventually you'll go prestige.

Also, once you have prestiged I assume you don't lose the ability to use high level weapons.
 
^To prestige is a choice, you can sit on lv70 as long you want.
 
Mark - Only difference between level 1 and level 1 with Prestige is that you can play all the game modes. All the guns and Perks are reset - and you have to conciously choose (and say Yes three times) to Prestige. It's not an automatic progression.


Anyway campers are great. You know where they are. With grenades, semtex, launchers and so on you get free kills from them.
 
Just reading the posts above and saw that someone mentioned "sitting at level 70". Maybe a stupid question but how can you sit at level 70, you gain experience in every game whether you like it or not, so eventually you'll go prestige.

Also, once you have prestiged I assume you don't lose the ability to use high level weapons.

*edit* tree'd. Twice!

Once you complete level 70 (gain enough XP to progress to a theoretical level 71) a previously greyed out option to Prestige is open for you. All your custom classes, perks, weapons, killstreaks etc revert back to the beginning as does your level (except with a shinny new badge) The only thing that stays as it was are your stats. You have to re-gain your weapons again just as you did when you first played the online game.
 
Ive been at level 70 for a good 4 or 5 weeks now... finishing off challenges and such since I regretted prestiging in CoD4 MW so much... Im not really eager to do it now... Guess that makes me a camper....... with an advantage ;)
 
Last edited:
Mark - Only difference between level 1 and level 1 with Prestige is that you can play all the game modes. All the guns and Perks are reset - and you have to conciously choose (and say Yes three times) to Prestige. It's not an automatic progression.

Jebus, I never actually knew they got reset. Will seem very strange going back to the iron sight and I'm going to miss my bling perk.
 
I'm not a camper but a sitter ;) I prestiged in WaW and wished I didn't after I did it. It was nice having that extra custom class though, which might make me do it once in MW2, more than likely I will do it one night while slightly intoxicated. If they gave you something besides just a callsign(s) and a custom slot it would have more allure to it, but since I will have worked hard to get to 70 to obtain all of my weapon attachments, why would I want to lose them right after getting them? Hey look, the AK-47, well looks like that was a good 2 days of fun with it, time to give it up.....that's just asinine. I would really like to have a stopping power sniper setup and a cold blooded sniper setup without having to change it back and forth for HC to regular though so I probably will prestige the once just for that, I try to go for most challenges but some just kill your K/D ratio trying to get them. I am unlocking all the pro perks though, only have sitrep or siterep, can't remember the spelling. And also scrambler and danger close, I have pro on the others but these I have no use for so I haven't got pro yet, but I will!

And here's a question. Usually I play HC and recently I have been getting slaughtered by claymores when most of the time I can run right past them if I'm in full sprint with my lightweight class. Did they change the claymores power or timers or am I just running into a bunch of Danger Close users recently? Since its HC I can't look at the killcam to see the perks the person has, it just seems like everyone gets me now.
 
Jebus, I never actually knew they got reset. Will seem very strange going back to the iron sight and I'm going to miss my bling perk.

That's the beauty of Prestige. You'll already be so familiar with the maps and the general hot-spot areas of play on them, you'll be back onto the red-dot sights within 2 or 3 games.

It's quite refreshing to go back to vanilla weapons and perks and re-discover, if only briefly, the simple joys of just shooting folk without worrying to much about whether you're using the optimum set up all the time. I know some people actually prefer the speed of aiming and un-obstructed view you get with Iron-sights.
 
I prefer the iron sights on the SCAR over anything else on it by far, but most weapons I like a red dot on, like the FAL. I have a hard time using it without them, the AUG is another that is hard for me without them. Its just fuzzy when the sights are up and they obstruct my view, then again the old shotty tele I have to use might have something to do with it also, most people nowadays have nice HD flat screen ones, nope I'm still white trash.
 
IMO someone who just plays 1 type of game play is a camper. They didn't put all those different game modes so you could camp just in one.
Don't forget this is my Opinion and some will agree and alto will disagree but Opinions are opinions.

I'm guessing this is aimed at me so.............

I have played mostly TDM because that is what my friends play and I prefer to play with my friends.
As of lately I don't play with certain friends for reason's explained before.
I don't exclusively play TDM.
I still accept your opinion.


What difference?

Explain to me the difference between people who reach level 70 and don't Prestige and people who reach level 70 and don't Prestige.

You need to explain that.
Explain the difference of nothing different? What? C'mon.........must be a typo there.

It's common sense that you cannot go beyond level 70, 10th prestige.
You can prestige up in the others, that's the difference.
Use common sense, as I said.

It has everything to do with the discussion.

Unless you are a level 70 sitter your game play has nothing to do with this discussion.
If you are, then it does.
It's because your game play will differ from others. To think it's the same is incorrect.
We all play differently, some better, some worse, some camp, some don't , some use cheats, some don't.
This is solely about the level 70 sitter that chooses to exploit it.
Again, I see this as being a cheap tactic, and therefore wrong.

Being at level 70 confers no game play advantage - contrary to the linchpin of your point about being level 70. Having Mastery in every weapon and Pro of every perk does. Knowing the maps does.

I agree knowing the maps is an advantage.
I'm pleased you agree that having all the pro perks is an advantage as well.

I play with a newbie friend that had someone play for him and get some better (different to you) goodies.
He is scoring about 10 kills better now (compared to 1 and 2 kills a round) even though he has no clue where he is or where he is going.
Sounds like he has an advantage he didn't an hour of game play before.
I called him on it too.
He admits to letting a better player rack up his goodies and get him to a KDR over 4.
It doesn't make him better a better player than an hour ago. But his kills say something.


Once again, explain the difference between the level 70 players you treat as though they were campers and the level 70 players you don't.

Really?
Are you too lazy to go back to any of my earlier posts?
Maybe you never read them, I don't know.
A level 70 sitter is a tactic, just as cheap as a camper.
A player who is at 70 but chooses not to exploit it is not the same, but you fail to see a difference.

Well it would be, if I was saying that any of those ways of playing was inferior to my own. Except I'm not the one denigrating people.

When I see something that I believe is wrong, I speak up.
You haven't because you see nothing wrong with these tactics.
For you to say I decry all level 70 players is incorrect.
I do decry the player that is exploiting it.

Again, explain the difference.

You really should look at my previous posts.

Yep. Neither know the maps. They'll both get wasted.

Yes they will get wasted, thats common sense.
Which do you think will have more kills?
And reread above about my newbie friend.
These are not hypothetical situations, they're real.

As opposed to accidentally?
You mean coincidentally, correct?
That is the difference.
We went over this before, why keep bringing it back up.

You encounter a lobby with 11 level 70 players, all on their first time through. Which of them do you treat as cheats and which do you not?

This is the problem, we don't know who is or who is not.
I can see the camper, the nuke booster, the crazed knifer, I can't tell which if any player is a level 70 sitter.
I can deal with the campers, knifers, nuke boosters, etc. and I have no problem dealing with them.

And I never said it was cheating, I said it's cheap.
They are all tactics I see as cheap, but it's not cheating.
Maybe you think so, I don't.
I see them as being cheap, and will not use them.

Do you use these tactics? If not, I'm curious then, why not?
I stated my reason.


Given that I'm level 42, 1st Prestige, I doubt I think that at all.

At least that's settled.

In case you missed this.
A level 70 sitter:
A player who chooses not to prestige to obtain all the weapons, perks and kill streaks and have them at their disposal.


The level 70, prestige 10 player has no options but to continue, so please leave them out of this.
They deserve all the goodies as they worked through each and every prestige over and over.
The player who does not work at it, does not deserve all the goodies.
They deserve what they worked for on their way up the levels.

I see the level 70 sitter no different in tactics then the other cheap play tactics.
As I said play the way you want to play, I don't think it changes the outcome by much, if any, I think it's cheap.
I see it as wrong, you don't.
OK then.


To many people online is crying about campers.. Learn to deal with them. Its a valid tactic just as run and gun. And that some on this forum says its the same as punting in gt5p is ridiculous IMO..its a arcade shooter.
It was me that said that punters are like campers.
It's the same cheap tactic.
Just because I get punted does not mean I lose the race, unless it's the last corner.
Just because someone camps doesn't mean that they kill me and go on to win.
Use common sense and see the similarity.
Don't say they're different because it's a different game, that's obvious.
I used GT because this is GTPlanet and most who have raced online have come across punters and from what I read, people don't like.
Again, like campers, it's a tactic I see as being wrong.


@breakpoint
It sounds like danger pro with the claymores.



Sorry, if my spell checker changed some spelling and grammer in some posts.
 
A level 70 sitter is a tactic, just as cheap as a camper.
A player who is at 70 but chooses not to exploit it is not the same, but you fail to see a difference.

[...]

This is the problem, we don't know who is or who is not.

It's you that cannot see the difference - and that is the problem.

You have absolutely no idea whether someone at level 70 is there because they have just got there or because they haven't Prestiged. Not only that, you have absolutely no idea whether they haven't Prestiged because they don't want to lose their guns/perks/classes or because they want access to all of them (though earlier you stated that they do have access to all of them, we've since established that this isn't the case). Even after playing a game with them, you're none the wiser.

Yet you're happy to say that a "level 70 sitter" is considered equal to a camper. Without knowing who they are. I can spot campers. They camp. I can spot OMA/DC abusers. They use OMA/DC. I can spot nuke-boosters. They nuke-boost. I can't spot someone who's reached level 70 and is choosing to stay there not so he doesn't have to go through the ranks again but because it gives him an advantage that he actually doesn't have. Of course this also generates its own question - if you can't spot them, in what way does it affect your online gaming experience? Campers can screw up a match by turning it into a snoozefest. Not sure how a level-70-because-he-wants-the-guns affects a match.

On being pressed, you say it's because they have "an advantage" they exploit - though we've established that this doesn't exist. Yet you fail to recognise the advantage of having weapon mastery in all weapons, or knowledge of maps, and in fact laud those achievements. Where's the consistency?


Are you too lazy to go back to any of my earlier posts?

Perhaps had you explained fully in the first place that you think anyone who plays in any way but that which you endorse is playing "cheaply", particularly when it confers a non-existant advantage but not when there's an actual one, you wouldn't need to drag the topic down to the personal level.

A level 70 sitter is a tactic, just as cheap as a camper.

Everything is a tactic. Using a shield with Commando Pro to give greater melee range - that's a tactic. Using an AR with a noobtube and heartbeat sensor - that's a tactic. Sniping from this well-covered spot - that's a tactic. Every style of gameplay is a tactic. Mine and yours are not the only ones which are correct.


It's worth a note that the Multiplayer completion hits 100% once you reach level 70.
 
Last edited:
Jebus, I never actually knew they got reset. Will seem very strange going back to the iron sight and I'm going to miss my bling perk.

I recently changed my PSNID and had to switch back to iron sights because of being a low level again. Before, I pretty much always had a Red Dot or Holographic on whatever weapon I was using.

I decided to play with the iron sights for a while as I level up and I have done a pretty good job of adapting to them. Now I seem to keep the M203 grenade launcher on my weapon instead. I have yet to get a kill with the thing and am very much useless with it. But that is not going to stop me from trying. :lol:
 
I like to "Camp".I like to use NOOBtubes.I like to jump up and down so the other side can see me,and most times kill me,but then my team mates kill him.I am not very good at the run and gun thing.I regret going prestige the first time because I almost had my Shield complete,Now almost at the end of prestige number 2 or 3,I want to stay and complete the Challenges this time round.I always thought the Idea of the game was 1:To kill more and die less..2:Do your bit as a team player, so your team can win.I am just glad I play with a bunch of guys who know what there doing,because its only once in a while that I would be anywhere near the top of the list.
 
Ooh, up to level 50 quickly last night. Back to back 20k matches on Sabotage. I love my AUG. It suits me, big, brash and not very accurate.
 
No, I call it wrong to be a level 70 sitter. Are you a sitter? No.
You are choosing not to prestige, that's all.
That's the difference, your not doing it to get all the goodies. You have valid reasons.

I think the key here is your wording, to not prestige is to sit at level 70 there's no way around that, but you're telling us sitting at level 70 is what you see as wrong but not prestiging isn't. Can you see how the confusion has been caused? You never distinguished until recently that you think sitting at level 70 purely to gain an advantage is wrong, but regardless there is no way it should be put on the same level as camping or boosting.

You could easily argue a bad player who feels they need all the options (as you've described when you want to play new modes) may sit on level 70 always just so they don't die constantly if thats the case. If it helps bring a lesser player up a little why not? Especially one which doesn't play alot and would be stuck on low levels for a long period of time. For example, my friend who is on the exact same rank as me as of last night, rank 54 IIRC, has had to put 14-15 extra hours in to get to the same point as I have, purely based on the exp he's gaining from playing as I simply score better on average, I have more kills in less time and alot less deaths. By the time we both hit 70, he may well have needed an entire extra day and he's not the worst player going, nor am I the greatest.

Why is it so wrong for a player with little confidence to want to have a little boost behind them so they can help out the team they're on as best they can? You just confessed you are one of those people, some people feel they need all the options for every single game let alone a new mode because they're simply not very confident. The advantages just aren't that big and are balanced well by giving you the most useful perks to begin with for many modes and players, easy to use and work for you all the time. Take my friend again, he's now using a nice 3 4 5 killstreak set up with a sentry gun because he can't get the high streak rewards anyway, hence he uses a care package as his 4th to hopefully land him things like the AC130 which he would otherwise never experience without pouring his life into the game for a while, these are available early on. He uses a SCAR Bling which I recommended for him using some of the early attachments, stopping power and steady aim. Bling being the last of those things you unlock which is unlocked at level 21. Doing so has raised his confidence and lets him enjoy the game more, he won't prestige (as he's told me) because he won't want to go back to iron sights and such because it helps him out having optics.

So would my friend be classed as wrong for wanting the options available to help him, whereas I am ok because my reasons aren't related to gaining an advantage? Then going into what Famine has said, how do you tell whilst playing a game when you see a level 70 whether they fall into one group or the other, you just can't. You may say you think that it's wrong for someone to want an advantage, which I do disagree with but this was not my major gripe, but the way your argument was presented never clearly distinguished as not prestiging IS sitting at level 70, common sense tells you that.


EDIT: Also congrats to Fairplay, was glad to be able to help out, I managed a new best streak later on, 31, but I didn't have the nuke activated! On the plus I may never have got 31 on my stats if I'd have had a nuke to call in.
To be more clear, you said:
I'm talking about the level 70 player who will not move on, stay at 70 to get all available options and use them.
The problem being that anyone who doesn't not prestige still gets those options and will likely use some of them, thats why they're not prestiging, whether they're doing so for an advantage is never clear without asking each and every one and therefore to ridicule them. I will not move on because I want certain options, not for advantage, for enjoyment, and thus the above statement puts me into the group of those you see as cheap, whereas you have said you're not aiming at me.

We have now established you mean only those doing so for an advantage, and above in this post I have detailed my reasons why I think the advantage gained is small but still helpful for the casual player and they do not deserve to be ridiculed for wanting as much help as they can possibly get when it by no means hurts other players gaming experience.
 
Last edited:
I can't see the fuss about not going prestige. After all there is an option not to. It's not as if some people are abusing a glitch in the game to get a head start.
 
It is 01GTP whining about campers basically. The very typical "they don't play like me so they must be campers and thus cheap" mentality I see far too often in the waiting rooms for games. 01GTP, here is my advice - Get over yourself.

Honestly, the only "high level" piece of gear I care about is the Stinger, and that is just because the AT4 doesn't drop Harriers in one hit. Otherwise, level 10 or 15 would be just dandy, as I can have my Predator, Harrier, Chopper gunner, and use the FAMAS or M4A with no problems. Hell, went 40 and 5 when I was level 14 on a map or something.

As for the Iron Sights bit... I've learned to use them over the Red Dot or Holographic because I was using the SCAR with a silencer for a long time and you need Scavenger with the SCAR on my last Prestige. This time around I am using the M4A1, and for some reason I really like the ACOG on it (which I normally can't stand on anything) but it is still an immediately available weapon.

The best weapons are arguably unlocked almost immediately in the game, for every weapon class. FAMAS, SCAR, UMP, Berret, RPD, SPAS-12, USP, PP2000 etc. And unlocking stuff for them is pretty damn easy. Hell, I still use default classes even when I am at level 70... the First Recon class is pretty nicely setup from the get go.
 
It's you that cannot see the difference - and that is the problem.
I understand the difference.

I can't spot them, correct. How could anybody?
My evidence is the players I have talked to online that do, and they believe it gives them an advantage.
I think it gives them an advantage too, you do not.
That's your opinion.
So far only a few people that I have communicated with see it your way.
You want to speak for everyone else and say there is no advantage, go ahead.

I agree, you see it as no advantage.
That does not mean there is no advantage, that means you don't think it's an advantage.
No matter what you say is going to change that I think by having all the goodies available to me, I will have an advantage over not having them all.
You and Dragonistic stated your reasons why you don't see an advantage.
OK, those are your reasons, it is not proof, it's what you believe.



You have absolutely no idea whether someone at level 70 is there because they have just got there or because they haven't Prestiged. Not only that, you have absolutely no idea whether they haven't Prestiged because they don't want to lose their guns/perks/classes or because they want access to all of them (though earlier you stated that they do have access to all of them, we've since established that this isn't the case). Even after playing a game with them, you're none the wiser..

Your right about not knowing who is doing it, that is why I don't decry all level 70 players.

You fail to listen.
The type of player I'm talking about is doing this is to get all the goodies.
I also stated the fact that I know players that won't prestige because they are afraid of their stats dropping, remember.

I never stated that a player at level 70 gets access to all of them.
I did state this.
As I said, I use them through the ranks.
I believe it to be an advantage to have all the weapons available to use at the same time.
That is the reward for reaching level 70.
With the amount of XP to complete level 70 and go prestige, I think it's enough time spent at that level.

I can see how you interpret that.
It does imply by reaching level 70 the reward is all the goodies.
But that is not fact and common sense would tell you that.
Maybe a player who has not reached that level would though.

And I stated this.

Only the player sitting at level 70, not he who uses one setup.
To have all weapons and perks available to you is an advantage, whether you use them or not.
I stated this.

A level 70 player with all options has the advantage.
I'm not saying they are a better player.
I'm talking about the level 70 player who will not move on, stay at 70 to get all available options and use them.
You can not deny having all pro perks is an advantage.


Yet you're happy to say that a "level 70 sitter" is considered equal to a camper. Without knowing who they are..

It's the tactic, it's cheap, whether I know who is doing it or not.

I can spot campers. They camp. I can spot OMA/DC abusers. They use OMA/DC. I can spot nuke-boosters. They nuke-boost..

We agree on that.

I can't spot someone who's reached level 70 and is choosing to stay there not so he doesn't have to go through the ranks again but because it gives him an advantage that he actually doesn't have. .

I can't spot them either, again we agree.
I can only talk to them online, I don't bash them while online.
I don't call out campers while online either.
Not saying people here do.
But I hear plenty of that stuff and have a mic that I don't wear alto.

Again I see the advantage as the biggest advantage the game can offer.
What would you call the greatest advantage the game offers to anyone who plays?
I see it as having all the goodies, don't you?
Don't go on about how they can be used, who uses what and all that, just answer the question.
Do you see that as an advantage or not?



Of course this also generates its own question - if you can't spot them, in what way does it affect your online gaming experience?.


I see the level 70 sitter no different in tactics then the other cheap play tactics.
As I said, a player can play the way they want to play, I don't think it changes the outcome by much, if any.
I see using said cheap tactics as wrong, you don't.
OK then.



Campers can screw up a match by turning it into a snooze fest. Not sure how a level-70-because-he-wants-the-guns affects a match...

A team of campers maybe, which I came across once.

If you don't, it's because you don't see it's an advantage to have all the goodies.

A players talent will always be the same, as has been stated (not word for word), whether he has all the goodies or not.
I have approximately the same scores I had in CoD4 and WaW.
It's all the goodies that gives this same player an advantage.
It may or may not be an advantage over an opponent.
That's not the point.


On being pressed, you say it's because they have "an advantage" they exploit - though we've established that this doesn't exist..

Are you pressing me?

No we didn't, you did.
I see an advantage.




Yet you fail to recognize the advantage of having weapon mastery in all
weapons, or knowledge of maps, and in fact laud those achievements. Where's the consistency?


I didn't comment on the weapon mastery because to me, that is common sense. I didn't want to keep pointing out the obvious.
It is an advantage, sure.




Perhaps had you explained fully in the first place that you think anyone who plays in any way but that which you endorse is playing "cheaply", particularly when it confers a non-existent advantage but not when there's an actual one, you wouldn't need to drag the topic down to the personal level..


Because that's not what I think.
I stated I really don't care how people play, be whatever tactic.
I stated how I would or would not play, not that everyone has to play the way I do.

This is not personal, I'm not attacking you or your game play.

I suppose we should all keep a blind eye for now on and shut up then.
I am not the first person here to bring up a discussion on game play tactics, cheap or not.
I won't be the last.


Everything is a tactic. Using a shield with Commando Pro to give greater melee range - that's a tactic. Using an AR with a noobtube and heartbeat sensor - that's a tactic. Sniping from this well-covered spot - that's a tactic. Every style of game play is a tactic. Mine and yours are not the only ones which are correct..

I use known (call them what you want) and widely talked about (what I call cheap) tactics people complain (discuss) about.
I am the first to decry what most here seem to not know is going on.
A level 70 sitter.
Do we understand what that is by now?

This forum is not the first place I heard of this.


It's worth a note that the Multiplayer completion hits 100% once you reach level 70.

Thanks, I still see that. :)

Again, the spell checker.
 
Back