Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,299 views
Take my friend again, he's now using a nice 3 4 5 killstreak set up with a sentry gun because he can't get the high streak rewards anyway, hence he uses a care package as his 4th to hopefully land him things like the AC130 which he would otherwise never experience without pouring his life into the game for a while, these are available early on.
I do precisely this too, 3-4-5 KS setup because I know that I'm nowhere near good enough to get any higher rewards than those. I've only had a KS > 10 twice, and I'm level 65. Both times I was using a 5-7-9 setup (Predator, Harrier Strike, Pavelow).

Dragonistic
So would my friend be classed as wrong for wanting the options available to help him, whereas I am ok because my reasons aren't related to gaining an advantage? Then going into what Famine has said, how do you tell whilst playing a game when you see a level 70 whether they fall into one group or the other, you just can't.
👍


I will readily admit I am a pretty hopeless MW2 player (KDR 0.55), and I plan on only prestiging once (extra class slot, extra challenges to keep me occupied). So once I hit level 70 1st prestige, I'm as bad as a camper according to 01GTP's logic, because I'm not going to prestige again? But I have my reasons for doing so - I'm not a great player. Hell, I'm not even good. By having all the perks and weapons available to me, I'm able to be a bit less crap and have more fun. I'm still extremely unlikely to have a gun-only KS over six, whether I have the AUG, akimbo Rangers or the M16 available to me or not, but I have a lot more fun trying.

Claymores are fun, but you still need to know where to place them for maximum effectiveness. Akimbo Rangers are fun, but are useless at ranges (lame pun) > 10 metres. Danger Close RPG-7s/AT4s are fun, but you still have to find a bunch of enemies and aim it - it's not a guaranteed kill.


As I see it, there are two types of people to consider: bad players and good ones (funny that).

Bad/poor players don't suddenly become elite because they have all guns and perks available to them, and a good player will still maul you in a firefight whether they have an M4 or an AK. Poor players will stay at level 70 because that's where they're most comfortable - having all the guns, equipment and perks available to them makes it possible for them to have a decent game every now and then. Good players will prestige because they know they can still get chopper gunners, stealth bombers and nukes with default guns and perks.

Look at Cody, he went 40-5 at level 14. I had one of my best games - 17-5 - at level 60. I had all the guns and perks (bar the Models and the AK) available to me at that time, and although I had a good game, Cody had an even better one with pretty much default weapons and perks.


01GTP, you should really stop flogging a dead horse. Not prestiging is NOTHING like camping, we have all explained why and yet you refuse to see what we do. Your argument has more holes than swiss cheese...
 
01GTP
Please stop.
Typing the way that you do.
Its annoying and very hard to read.
And your sentences are confusing enough as they are.

:dunce:
 
Jesus christ I can't believe you are arguing about level 70 and advantages. Some people don't have the time to prestige and get back up to 70 so they sit there. Are you angry at them for having a life? (Me...well I'm second prestige so I clearly don't haha). At level 1 you have the famas and intervention, nuff said.
 
Well I'm fairly sure that after tonight's matches the matchmaking fails are Ground War only. I played normal TDM and Domination matches just fine with no lag at all, but as soon as I entered a Ground War lobby I was getting a new host in every match, not to mention horrible lag throughout. Shame really as Ground War is my favourite mode.

I managed to recover my KDR losses from previous nights too, generally scoring fairly high in all the matches I played. Absolutely loving the ACR, my Silent class has improved loads over the UMP45 setup.
 
My head has started to hurt now.
01 GTP you have said that you have talked to people online who say it gives them an advantage but looking at most of the replies here I bet it's no one from GTP.

If we were to hold a poll regarding this matter you won't be surprised of the findings of that poll would you.
 
Well I'm fairly sure that after tonight's matches the matchmaking fails are Ground War only. I played normal TDM and Domination matches just fine with no lag at all, but as soon as I entered a Ground War lobby I was getting a new host in every match, not to mention horrible lag throughout. Shame really as Ground War is my favourite mode.

I agree, I love Ground War, but the lag and lack of rooms is getting annoying. I've played TD and Domination rooms alone, but it just seems wrong without the extra 6 people. I guess though I have to get used to it :guilty:.

I also found that claymores are pretty funny. Especially when your just about to plant and someone kills you, but you plant the claymore and get them anyway, that always makes me happy. After you prestige and get the extra challenges is that it, or do more show up everytime you prestige?
 
You bought the game or it was givin to you(MW2). Play the game the way you want to. As long as your not cheating or glitching play the game the way you want to. If everybody played the same way the game would suck a:censored:
 
I prefer the iron sights on the SCAR over anything else on it by far, but most weapons I like a red dot on, like the FAL. I have a hard time using it without them, the AUG is another that is hard for me without them. Its just fuzzy when the sights are up and they obstruct my view, then again the old shotty tele I have to use might have something to do with it also, most people nowadays have nice HD flat screen ones, nope I'm still white trash.
Werent you getting a small monitor to play on? My monitor from Christmas makes the game a little easier, being able to see what I am shooting is nice.
 
Had a good search and destroy session with Jack, Kai, Warren and blitz187 :) Hope you guys got a good taste of SD ;) Good teamplay Kai ! :lol:

Im not expert but I think low killstreak awards is good in SD, like radar, care package(sentry gun), predator (harrier), if you not get 11kill streak often in SD :scared:
 
Last edited:
01GTP & rest of you guys, I already had the argument settled like couple pages ago. Non-Prestige=Poor Etiquette That is his opinion. If it's against his code, it is against his code. And like Azure or somebody mentioned here, not one player in this thread agrees with that, so who cares? Just agree to disagree. :dunce:
Werent you getting a small monitor to play on? My monitor from Christmas makes the game a little easier, being able to see what I am shooting is nice.
I know, I was thinking the same thing!
One thing i hate about the online play: campers!

There are people on the game though that are very good players and like a laugh like the lads i was with yesterday on the Playstation Nation but, get rid of these 🤬 that camp, the game will be better
When somebody just cry "campers", I pretty much guess that he/she is doing just that, crying.

Camping is very loosely used term in Call of Duty, exactly which style of camping did you not like? Because chances are, you've done things in the game that would be considered "camping" by some.

Here's a great example: You are in the building, they keep rushing in, trying to get you. Because they are coming to you, you keep on reeling in the kills. What do you do? a) Because camping is bad, and everybody knows it, you step on outside? b) You keep reeling them in.

I hope the correct answer is "b", because if I go outside to get shot by three guys, I think I might be mentally challenged. This is just one of the examples where the "game" forces you to camp. If you are playing to win, that is. And besides, if you are running & gunning all the time, you are either the best player around, or the quite opposite. Most of the time. ;)
 
Werent you getting a small monitor to play on? My monitor from Christmas makes the game a little easier, being able to see what I am shooting is nice.


I'm using it right now! But not to play on yet:tdown: I'm waiting for next week when I will have the cash to get my 360 to VGA cord then I'm set. Its not small at all (for me anyways) Its 18.5 in and 160 bucks which for me is a huge amount of money to spend on something like this. Of course I grew up dirt, dirt poor so the smallest things most take for granted really pump me up, like this " small monitor", which to me is freaking huge! :)


And yes please enough with this bull about lvl 70 etc. I believe there was a show about something just like this, called 1 vs 100 or something:dunce: When I say I hate campers I am talking about the people that just lets say go in a building and pop a squat in a corner and wait then when someone walks in they pop them, then what do they do next? They move to a different corner and continue, then they will do the same exact thing on the next map etc. People will say, well don't go in there, sometimes you have no choice because your getting flanked or sometimes its in route and you don't have much of a choice, its really annoying. My mate called me a camper just last night because we were playing HC and when we go on highrise I set up my intervention with stopping power and FMJ's to start off with then switch. As soon as the match starts I dash to the window and throw my scope up and usually I can get 2-3 kills with one bullet because everyone is trying to get out the other building through the same window. Snipers aren't campers!
 
Depending on how you look at it.

And the nasty type of campers you are talking about, I call them a6m5 campers. Not proud of it, but when everybody and their mothers are pwning me, taking turns, I will do whatever it takes. I guess you could call me the opposite of 01GTP. Not poor etiquette, but no etiquette at all, sometimes!
 
I'm using it right now! But not to play on yet:tdown: I'm waiting for next week when I will have the cash to get my 360 to VGA cord then I'm set. Its not small at all (for me anyways) Its 18.5 in and 160 bucks which for me is a huge amount of money to spend on something like this. Of course I grew up dirt, dirt poor so the smallest things most take for granted really pump me up, like this " small monitor", which to me is freaking huge! :)


And yes please enough with this bull about lvl 70 etc. I believe there was a show about something just like this, called 1 vs 100 or something:dunce: When I say I hate campers I am talking about the people that just lets say go in a building and pop a squat in a corner and wait then when someone walks in they pop them, then what do they do next? They move to a different corner and continue, then they will do the same exact thing on the next map etc. People will say, well don't go in there, sometimes you have no choice because your getting flanked or sometimes its in route and you don't have much of a choice, its really annoying. My mate called me a camper just last night because we were playing HC and when we go on highrise I set up my intervention with stopping power and FMJ's to start off with then switch. As soon as the match starts I dash to the window and throw my scope up and usually I can get 2-3 kills with one bullet because everyone is trying to get out the other building through the same window. Snipers aren't campers!

I got a 23" for Christmas which is probably more than big enough, 220 AUD so it wasnt too much. As for the level 70 thing, I admit that I didnt read any of it so I dont know what it is all about. I just know that it had huge walls of text that were kinda shaped like poems.
 
I'm using it right now! But not to play on yet:tdown: I'm waiting for next week when I will have the cash to get my 360 to VGA cord then I'm set. Its not small at all (for me anyways) Its 18.5 in and 160 bucks which for me is a huge amount of money to spend on something like this. Of course I grew up dirt, dirt poor so the smallest things most take for granted really pump me up, like this " small monitor", which to me is freaking huge!

Where did you get it and what Brand/Model is it? Because 160 for an 18.5 sounds like way too much... my 22 inch was 150...
 
Anyone on for a sesh? I'll be on in 5. I don't think ive played anyone in this thread before. Other than the BFBC2 regulars..
 
Where did you get it and what Brand/Model is it? Because 160 for an 18.5 sounds like way too much... my 22 inch was 150...
I think my 22" Dell was $135, refurbished. HD!
Anyone on for a sesh? I'll be on in 5. I don't think ive played anyone in this thread before. Other than the BFBC2 regulars..
If you are playing TDM, I can get on in a few....
 
I'm also on at the moment with a few others as well. We could get a nice GTP group going on tonight haha.
 
Sorry I sort of left early guys. I was racking up deaths at some crazy rate. I don't know if you guys saw it, but in one game, I had 19 friggin' deaths!

I know connection's usually shaky on Ground Wars, but how was it for you guys? When I was able to kill people, I had to put in three, four extra rounds in them, or I had no chance. But when I was getting killed, I usually didn't see the guy until I was getting knifed, or I was already dead. You gotta love this game, sometimes. :lol:

Edit:
My coworker sent me this one. Good thing I've never encountered it. As far as I know.



I thought there was this retarded annoying techno background music, but it was the iTunes on my own damn computer that I turned on by mistake. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Wow... I tested it, it works. Absurd. I knew the MasterKey under slung shotgun had some range but this is just absurd.
 
Wow... I tested it, it works. Absurd. I knew the MasterKey under slung shotgun had some range but this is just absurd.

Which gun was he using in that clip?

Had a good search and destroy session with Jack, Kai, Warren and blitz187 :) Hope you guys got a good taste of SD ;) Good teamplay Kai ! :lol:

Im not expert but I think low killstreak awards is good in SD, like radar, care package(sentry gun), predator (harrier), if you not get 11kill streak often in SD :scared:

Yup, good matches last night... SnD is pretty fun actually :) Had some good teamwork together on Underpass planting the bomb with ya... RPG is my friend :D Hope to catch you guys in the weekend again for some more 👍 The killstreak tip is a good idea too... I'm going to edit them next time we play.
 
FAL, are you telling me the FAL just by itself and the shotgun has that range?
 
:lol:

To be honest, I didn't believe it until Azure just posted that. lol

I just played some more, reached the Prestige qualify thing. I nearly prestiged, but decided to sleep on it. Keep in mind, I already prestiged on the XBL account, and this would pretty much be my fourth go around. But I want to(right at the moment).
 
I just tried it and came to the conclusion that they must have put health on miniscule in that video because one shot kills at that range dont work. I had my friend and I on rust and from one side to about 3/4 the way to the other side it takes all 4 bullets to kill on normal health. It has long range but very weak over range.
 
I just tried it and came to the conclusion that they must have put health on miniscule in that video because one shot kills at that range dont work. I had my friend and I on rust and from one side to about 3/4 the way to the other side it takes all 4 bullets to kill on normal health. It has long range but very weak over range.

It is Hardcore, if you didn't notice the lack of a HUD. 30% health basically, so that reduced damage isn't much of an issue. The huge range and spread makes it very very deadly in Hardcore. And it is still fairly effective in Core.
 
Almost completed this on veteran, nice, shiny trophies. Then I need to go back and do the intel! That'll be on easy
 
Almost completed this on veteran, nice, shiny trophies. Then I need to go back and do the intel! That'll be on easy

I am so, so close to completing ot on veteran as well! I couldn't do the last part of "Contingency" or the level where you get Makarov's intel from the computer in the big house.
All the rest of the levels are done on Veteran, I did these two on Hardened.
I still have 20 bits of intel to get though :indiff:
And to get Platinum I'll have to try and do the spec ops on veteran but I have only just unlocked the Delta missions.
 
Had a good search and destroy session with Jack, Kai, Warren and blitz187 :) Hope you guys got a good taste of SD ;) Good teamplay Kai ! :lol:

Im not expert but I think low killstreak awards is good in SD, like radar, care package(sentry gun), predator (harrier), if you not get 11kill streak often in SD :scared:

Which gun was he using in that clip?



Yup, good matches last night... SnD is pretty fun actually :) Had some good teamwork together on Underpass planting the bomb with ya... RPG is my friend :D Hope to catch you guys in the weekend again for some more 👍 The killstreak tip is a good idea too... I'm going to edit them next time we play.


sorry to miss this last night but hoping to meet up tonight with the usual crowd.
 
sorry to miss this last night but hoping to meet up tonight with the usual crowd.

No Probs... I will definitely be on in the weekend since I havent played for a week or so (until last night) and I assume the others as well... would be cool to meet up 👍 Teamwork aspect in SnD is more pronounced and it pays off, which makes it more interesting... :)
 
Where did you get it and what Brand/Model is it? Because 160 for an 18.5 sounds like way too much... my 22 inch was 150...

Got it from Newegg, its the Hanns.G HH181 18.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor WXGA+ 1366 x 768. Its a great monitor, no dead pixels or flaws at all so far.

Wow... I tested it, it works. Absurd. I knew the MasterKey under slung shotgun had some range but this is just absurd.

FAL, are you telling me the FAL just by itself and the shotgun has that range?

No, I'm telling you that any assault rifles shotgun attachment will kill from far away like that on HC:sly:

I just tried it and came to the conclusion that they must have put health on miniscule in that video because one shot kills at that range dont work. I had my friend and I on rust and from one side to about 3/4 the way to the other side it takes all 4 bullets to kill on normal health. It has long range but very weak over range.

Like said, HC. I have used it in the past (didn't know none of you didn't know about it). Its also a constant headshot machine if aimed at the chest, the recoil pulls it right up and the spread almost makes a headshot everytime. Recommend using Slight of hand pro, Your pick of 2nd perk, and steady aim pro when using it
 
Sorry I sort of left early guys. I was racking up deaths at some crazy rate. I don't know if you guys saw it, but in one game, I had 19 friggin' deaths!

I know connection's usually shaky on Ground Wars, but how was it for you guys? When I was able to kill people, I had to put in three, four extra rounds in them, or I had no chance. But when I was getting killed, I usually didn't see the guy until I was getting knifed, or I was already dead. You gotta love this game, sometimes. :lol:

Hey, i finally got to play with u peeps. There was about 6-7 GTP guys. Nice to see. Definitely feels better playing with a big group compared to 1 or 2. I was lagging a bit on the first couple of rounds but it went away and i picked up the kd ratio :D Left early too. Hope to see you guys again 👍
 
Back