Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,299 views
I am so, so close to completing ot on veteran as well! I couldn't do the last part of "Contingency" or the level where you get Makarov's intel from the computer in the big house.
All the rest of the levels are done on Veteran, I did these two on Hardened.
I still have 20 bits of intel to get though :indiff:
And to get Platinum I'll have to try and do the spec ops on veteran but I have only just unlocked the Delta missions.

The Spec Ops aren't so bad if you hook up with a buddy and have no lag. Even on Veteran, only a couple really stick out as difficult but there's usually a way around it, also headsets are a definate want. If you do get completely stuck or can't find a buddy to do them with, drop me a message (PSN: Dragonistic, or here on GTP) and I'll gladly help you out as I've done them before and really enjoy the co-op modes.
 
My KDR is rising by the hour now, currently on 1.49 but getting close to 1.50, which is my current COD4 KDR. If I played on a new account how I've been playing the last two days I have a feeling my KDR would be close to 4. :lol:

My favourite setup at the moment is: Silent

ACR w/Holographic Sight + Silencer
SPAS-12 w/Silencer

Throwing Knife
Smoke Grenade

Bling
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja
 
I'd like to shoot'em up with you all this evening, providing I can connect to my neighbors internet tonight. I'm not the greatest player but I'm surely not the worst either. Just hit me up on PSN Dbo129
 
I am so, so close to completing ot on veteran as well! I couldn't do the last part of "Contingency" or the level where you get Makarov's intel from the computer in the big house.
All the rest of the levels are done on Veteran, I did these two on Hardened.
I still have 20 bits of intel to get though :indiff:
And to get Platinum I'll have to try and do the spec ops on veteran but I have only just unlocked the Delta missions.

I struggled with that run the most. You're getting fired on from all angles, you need luck as well as skill. Flashbangs are brilliant, as is an accurate shot!

Now up to 68% on the trophies. Spec Ops is fun, though not on Solo! (barring the driving of the snowmobiles)
 
I have been in lobbies for ten minutes now just trying to find a HC TDM game, *sigh*. Why must it take so long.

Oh wait, as I typed that I joined a game half way through....with a bad connection *mega sigh*.
 
Now up to 68% on the trophies. Spec Ops is fun, though not on Solo! (barring the driving of the snowmobiles)

Oh yes indeed Spec Ops is a real pain alone, that said I have managed the infamous Snatch and Grab and High Explosive alone which are generally thought to be 2 of the most difficult along with the at first seemingly difficult Armour Piercing which actually isn't to bad.

Quick tips from me, remember you have a whole minute to revive your partner, don't rush, let them crawl to you if need be. Similarly if there's no time limit, abuse it, take your time, be careful and don't bother taking unneccessary risks and generally be a quite defensive on the missions which allow it, clear out an area from further away rather then close if the options available to you.

Side note: I am available right now if anybody wants help with those, I really enjoy them even though I've done them and got my platinum, will also be using headset. Drop me a message on GTP and I'll swap my cable over to the PS3 and head on. Assuming it doesn't get laggy, lag is fail in Spec Ops.
 
I have been in lobbies for ten minutes now just trying to find a HC TDM game, *sigh*. Why must it take so long.

Oh wait, as I typed that I joined a game half way through....with a bad connection *mega sigh*.


That's why I'm glad I pay for my service, I don't have those problems:tup:


Also, are any of the spec-ops missions played on veteran as hard or harder than mile high club on veteran on COD4? I did mile high on veteran, I have 1K out of 1K gamer score on COD4 :) I really hate co-op play so I've mucked about with some of the spec-op missions but don't plan on completing them all, which includes veteran on them. I just don't like playing them, just as I couldn't stand Nazi Zombies. I know, I know, everyone loves both modes in the games but me so I'm obviously retarded. I just hate co-op game in FPS because the one person I play with allot just pisses me off trying to play with in co-op play because he doesn't listen and is about 60 percent as good as I am so it makes for allot of failing on his part. I'm not saying I'm the ultra at FPS but he is just horrible, watching him play makes me cringe because he doesn't look anywhere but straight ahead and if he's doing badly he cries about people camping. Like when I popped his top as soon as the round started he said I was camping......
 
Solution, play with somebody else instead for the Spec Ops?
 
I have been in lobbies for ten minutes now just trying to find a HC TDM game, *sigh*. Why must it take so long.

Oh wait, as I typed that I joined a game half way through....with a bad connection *mega sigh*.

That's why I'm glad I pay for my service, I don't have those problems:tup:
Ah, but I also don't have those problems. In Xbox Live, or Playstation Network. I don't think I did in CoD4 either.....
 
Ah, but I also don't have those problems. In Xbox Live, or Playstation Network. I don't think I did in CoD4 either.....

I really do not have any issues connecting to games either on the Playstation Network. I get more annoyed by the intermissions being one minute long between games.
 
The Spec Ops aren't so bad if you hook up with a buddy and have no lag. Even on Veteran, only a couple really stick out as difficult but there's usually a way around it, also headsets are a definate want. If you do get completely stuck or can't find a buddy to do them with, drop me a message (PSN: Dragonistic, or here on GTP) and I'll gladly help you out as I've done them before and really enjoy the co-op modes.

Yeah, I've been playing with a mate from school and we have only really tried a couple on veteran. It would be a lot easier if I had a headset!
Cool, I'll add you tomorrow and I might ask for help with Sepc ops whenever I get a headset. Thanks :)

I struggled with that run the most. You're getting fired on from all angles, you need luck as well as skill. Flashbangs are brilliant, as is an accurate shot!

Now up to 68% on the trophies. Spec Ops is fun, though not on Solo! (barring the driving of the snowmobiles)

I tried it so many times on veteran going every different way possible, abusing my grenades and AGM and still got gunned down every time. I lowered it to Hardened and got it first time! :lol:
What time did you get in the snowmobile race...? I think plenty of racing games helped... Ok, maybe not :p

On a side note. What kind of headset do you guys have or would recommend for under £25? I've been looking at a Geotech one or something along those lines.
 
Im sure it has nothing to do with paying for the connection, it is the fact that the matchmaking generally cant find good connection games (Australian/ NZ) at all. In the mornings (around 9 and 9 at night also) the game is dominated by Americans and that is all I can join :/.

EDIT: Just now I was in an Aus lobby and it merged into an Asian (2 bar) lobby...
 
Also you have to consider how small populated(phrasing?) country like Australia is, compared to say Japan, or United States. Australian gamers should pretty much all be on first name basis with each other by now. :p

I done it, I prestiged. First game put me in level 3, second game I didn't do that well(9-7), but that got me to the custom class. Here I go again. :crazy:
I really do not have any issues connecting to games either on the Playstation Network. I get more annoyed by the intermissions being one minute long between games.
I use the TDM "Express" sometimes. Much shorter waiting between matches. 👍
 
We still have 20+ million people so it isnt that small. There is plenty of Aussies that play this game but I just never get put with any.

EDIT: Just deleted 3 'friends' because they can join my private matches. I was trying to do something with 3 friends and more people pressed join session and wouldnt leave, I hate how they dont fix that.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I've been playing with a mate from school and we have only really tried a couple on veteran. It would be a lot easier if I had a headset!
Cool, I'll add you tomorrow and I might ask for help with Sepc ops whenever I get a headset. Thanks :)

I tried it so many times on veteran going every different way possible, abusing my grenades and AGM and still got gunned down every time. I lowered it to Hardened and got it first time! :lol:
What time did you get in the snowmobile race...? I think plenty of racing games helped... Ok, maybe not :p

On a side note. What kind of headset do you guys have or would recommend for under £25? I've been looking at a Geotech one or something along those lines.

Contingency, the section you describe, was the first bit where I really got into trouble, it's a pain to do as you have to move rapidly, very rapidly, whilst being extremely accurate. Easier said then done for sure.

I'll be sure to accept your invite asap, my list is getting pretty busy now thanks to GTP :) exactly what I hoped for out of MW2, people to play with!

The snowmobile race I usually get done, on a good run, in about 1:07 ish, once you get going stick right ish as this is the place where time can be lost, once you get into the open area where you're likely to run some people over, you're pretty fine as it's linear or makes little difference to the end.

As for headsets, wired is the way if you can make it work, I have a cheap (£10 ish) Konig headset which I got from eBay, annoyingly you can't adjust the volume on it except when you're actually on the games settings, so if there's no setting for it in the game, it's stuck on max. Other then that it's pretty good, uk86 can tell you how clear (or not) my voice is, but everyone seems to hear me fine. If it's wired you can go quite cheap and have one which is perfectly functional. Also, I stood on mine and one of the adjusters is broke so mines held together by some industrial strength meshy mould stuff, I don't know what it is, and some brown parcel tape holds the adjuster in place and it STILL works 100%.

EDIT: I also got my first Tactical Nuke earlier, managed 30 kills in a TDM, then as soon as a team hit 7000, my team in this case as you'd guess seeing as I got 3000 of those points, then called it in. Used the old reliable, harrier, chopper gunner, nuke set up on Wasteland. Once I hit 7 kills the harrier went to town and got just 3, I thought my chances were numbered but I managed to get the 11th myself and then it was time to open it up. The chopper gunner took me up to 28 killstreak so I carried on to extend my streak and let everyone have some more fun before I called it in to just reassure my teams victory as we sat at 7000 - ~5000. It was excellent because I didn't camp or anything to get the kills, I was sneaking around cold blooded silenced M16 getting right behind the enemy and picking 1-2 off before moving around to a new spot. The snipers were using Thermals so didn't really notice me, easy kills for me though. There wasn't such a sense of team spirit as Fairplays first one, I was completely alone with only one other headset user and I kept it a secret so nobody tried to hard to help me out, so it was a purely solo achievement but I went through the roof when I finally called it in, the anticipation as it sat there on my screen flashing at me, it's hard to resist and not call it in right away. The other team must've thought they were off the hook as I was over 25 for a good period of time then the countdown started and it was fun times for me, my friendly headset user certainly did not see it coming and I sat pretty at 36-1 on the final score board. Now I need never care about the nuke again now I've managed to have 1, it's really the icing on the cake for a good game, the enemy team should not have let me get so many kills with my bird but if they're dumb enough to let it happen, I won't complain.

Thats why I use stingers, to stop people doing what I did to those guys, to me.
 
Last edited:
I just finished a run with a friend. There was a brutal stretch though. It was one of those die, die, die, whatever you do, you die time. Gun stops working, at one point, my M4 kills wouldn't even register toward an attachment, noob-tube stayed at "0/10" for awhile. Whatever. :lol: On top of that, match up could not have been more lop sided, if they tried. I really question their system, as it was super high prestiges against me(1 prestige, lv 10, or something) + some of the newest noobs. I. Just. Don't. Get. It. :crazy:

Finally, we just backed out. Got my M4 red dot. It finally started killing people, not just tickle the enemy, and we got done on a upswing. Brutal. :(

My k/d slipped from 2.18(almost .19) to 2.14, I think in half a week!
We still have 20+ million people so it isnt that small. There is plenty of Aussies that play this game but I just never get put with any.
You are right. That is a pretty big city. :p
 
Solution, play with somebody else instead for the Spec Ops?

I just don't like co-op game play in general, and especially with him:crazy: So nobody here has done all of them on veteran?
 
You are right. That is a pretty big city. :p
...oh god :crazy:.

Australia is an Island, Australia is the only Island that makes up a continent, it is one of the 7 continents. Captain Cook found Australia over 200 years ago, he is British. Australia has several states, I live in one of those states...

Using that sarcastic and simple Australian History I can tell you now, Australia is not a city, although it has a fair amount in it :sly:.

EDIT: @ Breakpoint, Stavingo has got the Platinum so he has.
 
I just don't like co-op game play in general, and especially with him:crazy: So nobody here has done all of them on veteran?

I have.
 
I just don't like co-op game play in general, and especially with him:crazy: So nobody here has done all of them on veteran?

Yeah I'm the same. I enjoyed them when my mate was over and we were playing split screen, I think it works awesome like that, and got through the Alpha and Bravo missions Co-op, but then I played online with a friend and although it was fine, it just didn't have the same feeling as split screen, so I did the missions I had to do co-op and then did the rest Solo on veteran, snatch and grab being the most difficult by far. I felt it was a really good challenge single player, and really enjoyed the mode. Unfortunately I don't like the online play so I don't play the game anymore.
 
I didn't enjoy the Co-op in split screen - imagine trying to play MW2 online in a resolution of 1400x500... Online wasn't much better, as the timing on some is crucial and there's about a second of mic lag each way.

I ended up doing only the compulsory Co-ops in co-op mode, by playing with Venari when he was over. He was on the PS3 downstairs, I was on the PS3 upstairs - full screen and no lag because it was entirely locally networked. All the rest I did solo, and High Explosive was the most difficult until I came up with a foolproof method and aced it in 2 minutes.
 
Some very good rounds yesterday with the "usual suspects" GTP crew :)

Highlight of the night for me, "pimping" my best Killstreak to 39 at highrise in demolition. Other stats also look not so bad at the moment: 1.23 K/D ratio , 0.91 Win ratio with both coefficients going steadily up :)
 
Darn the small ammo capacity of the ACR! I keep running out all the time.
 
Scavenger Pro.

The ACR's probably my favourite AR :D
 
Is there not a Pro perk that gives you more mags?

Yep but I like having a Holographic sight on it alongside my silencer, however I switched over to Scavenger Pro and I'm getting around the same amount of kills with Iron sights. I think I'll stick with Scavenger Pro from now on.
 
Also, are any of the spec-ops missions played on veteran as hard or harder than mile high club on veteran on COD4? I did mile high on veteran, I have 1K out of 1K gamer score on COD4 :)


If its harder then I will be forced by my brain to do them. I'm all alone on my xbl friends list that has all the acievements so that's pretty cool:dopey:
 
Had some more games with fellow GTP'ers again. 12-0 and a 23-1 which I thought were a couple of nice scores in a row to boost my KDR. I'm not getting as many "Most Kills" accolades as I used to but I'm reeling in "Immortal" nearly every game and "Supernatural" every few. I'm not even that good a player, it's all in my Silent setup.
 
Presitged for the third time last night, and got the best game I can remember this morning, 82-4-23 on Scrapyard HQ (Marathon Lightweight + Commamdo).

I think that iw have 'ruined' their own online by making some stupid/not throught through decisions.. every game now there are people running around with noob tube/danger close combo, it gets very annoying if you play as much as me.. if I could have my way I'd have OMA, danger close and tactical inserts all removed. Also I'd probably just remove assult rifles all together.
 
I have found snipers by spotting their tactical insertions :)
Then get close to them, kill them, go to the tactical insert and kill them again ;)
 
Back