Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,254 views
I also love Tactical Insertions. They're bright bloody red - how on Earth any sniper thinks it'll help him I have no clue. They couldn't be any more obvious.

My favourite to date is a sniper who put one on the circular metal gantry atop a ladder on a concrete pillar at Underpass. Right in the middle of the field of play - and my view. I turned into a spawn camper on that one, only 200 yards away.
 
If tactical inserts are removed it'll stop people cheating on free for all
 
Cheating how?
 
It might hamper it, but it won't prevent it. All that removing the TI will do is stop the guy who's dying from dying so often at the hands of his friend. His friend doing the killing won't be affected - it'll just take slightly longer.
 
Jusst finished the story mode on mw2 and just have 2 questions...

Why did Captain Price allow the missile from the submarine to be launched?
Why did Shepard turn on task force 141 or rather Roach and Ghost?
 
It might hamper it, but it won't prevent it. All that removing the TI will do is stop the guy who's dying from dying so often at the hands of his friend. His friend doing the killing won't be affected - it'll just take slightly longer.

If he spawns on the other side of the map then the one dying might get killed running to their friend. Also it'll be easier to work out where they are if someone is always running to some obscure place. All in all the TI just causes more problems then it solves. I mean, how many people do you see acctully using these? Not many at all
 
Spoiler tags would have helped... :D

1. A distraction. A nuclear strike originating from Russia on a US target would trigger a devastating counterstrike from the US - mutual assured destruction. The notion that Makarov would authorise a nuclear strike would destroy his support in Russia and he would lose control of the Russian armed forces - removing him as a threat and ending his Russian assault on the US.
2. Makarov and Shepherd were working together. The intel gathered by Ghost and Sanderson would not only reveal valuable data about Makarov, but implicate Shepherd. By getting control of the intel without it ever been seen by others, Shepherd could conceal his involvement and take credit for Makarov's downfall.

I've never been quite sure why Shepherd is doing what he's doing at all though.
 
Because he's a villain in a computer game
 
My favourite to date is a sniper who put one on the circular metal gantry atop a ladder on a concrete pillar at Underpass. Right in the middle of the field of play - and my view. I turned into a spawn camper on that one, only 200 yards away.
I saw one in that exact location too :lol:

I chucked a semtex up and it went off literally the instant he spawned, so I got both a spawn kill and a tac insertion denied :dopey:
 
Spoiler tags would have helped... :D

I've never been quite sure why Shepherd is doing what he's doing at all though.

The way I understood it, he's still mad over losing 30,000 troops in the Nuclear blast from CoD4, and is trying to paint himself as a war hero instead of the guy who lost 30,000 troops in a Nuclear blast that was triggered on bad information.

From,
Chris.
 
GM
If he spawns on the other side of the map then the one dying might get killed running to their friend. Also it'll be easier to work out where they are if someone is always running to some obscure place. All in all the TI just causes more problems then it solves. I mean, how many people do you see acctully using these? Not many at all

I use them. Especially on maps like Derail and Wasteland where you have a ways to hike sometimes. And I don't place them like an idiot...

And if anyone wants to play, let me know. I am getting tired of being placed on terrible teams...
 
And if anyone wants to play, let me know. I am getting tired of being placed on terrible teams...

If this was facebook, that would have a massive like from me. You got placed on a team with a few of my friends in that HQ match at Highrise, I felt sorry after a while :lol:
 
Well I kind of turned the game around for them, based on what I recall my score being. I also managed to get about 10 throwing knife kills that game. Was trying to get you with the throwing knife as well, but you were sneaking around too much :P

Nice work on your KD going up though... Mine takes a bit of work at this point given my 24k kills. But on the flip side, I am learning to use everyone weapon in the game. Working on mastery for the TAR-21 now, which is a bit of a departure from the SCAR and FAMAS or even the M4A1.
 
I saw one in that exact location too :lol:

I chucked a semtex up and it went off literally the instant he spawned, so I got both a spawn kill and a tac insertion denied :dopey:
Yesterday I got a lovely tac kill as well. On Highrise there was a sniper where you can get on the roof and camp, the ne where you have to climb the 'ladder' and run across the wall. I stood dead in the middle of that wall on ground level, walked back a bit and chucked a semtex straight up, before the semtex blew up I got a DENIED sign which must mean that, rather epicly, the semtex landed on the tactical and denied it before blowing up. After that shock I got the +100 points for killing the camper in TDM. Im fine about the kill but having the semtex land on the tactical was so cool.
 
Well I kind of turned the game around for them, based on what I recall my score being. I also managed to get about 10 throwing knife kills that game. Was trying to get you with the throwing knife as well, but you were sneaking around too much :P

Thanks. My sneaky levels have gone skywards. I absolutely love Cold-Blooded Pro + Ninja Pro. The amount of times people have walked past me when I'm in plain view of them is incredible. I wish I could of started the game on this recent scoreline though, my KDR would be so nice.
 
sweetshopunion, is your psn the same as your gtp name because i played with someone called SweetshopUnion a few days ago? just remembered
 
GM
sweetshopunion, is your psn the same as your gtp name because i played with someone called SweetshopUnion a few days ago? just remembered

Yep. Did you play with your non-GTP tagged account, I think I remember seeing it in a few games.
 
Firing a noob tube into Vexd's belly is always funny, did it about 4 times in one game at skidrow.

I hate lag, I really hate it! K/D is still at pretty much bang on 1 atm. Spent most of the day using the ACR, it's nice. Probably my second favourite primary after my HBAR. Oh and sniping is always fun. Unless it's laggy.
 
Working on mastery for the TAR-21 now, which is a bit of a departure from the SCAR and FAMAS or even the M4A1.


God I hate that gun so much, it shoots like a RPD as far as accuracy goes, which isn't good....
 
Firing a noob tube into Vexd's belly is always funny, did it about 4 times in one game at skidrow.

I hate lag, I really hate it! K/D is still at pretty much bang on 1 atm. Spent most of the day using the ACR, it's nice. Probably my second favourite primary after my HBAR. Oh and sniping is always fun. Unless it's laggy.
I played two games with you guys but both were incredibly laggy, 1 bar is, despite what I said months ago, really bad.
 
I tagged a guy who tossed down a TI from about medium range earlier today and just kept walking right towards the flare. He didn't even wait, just hit respawn almost immediately. I'm trying for the destroy TI challenge, but if I'm too far away I'll just wait for them to respawn.

I personally love the TAR. My favorite weapon along with my Red Tiger WA2000. TAR with silencer is now my go-to weapon. I fire bursts at distant targets, and with it's decent damage rating I usually get a kill with 6 or 8 bullets. Certainly not as effective or accurate long range as say the SCAR, but the larger mags more than make up for it for my playing style. Plus I think the iron sights are fantastic.
 
I just got to 1.00 ^^
 
Firing a noob tube into Vexd's belly is always funny, did it about 4 times in one game at skidrow.

I hate lag, I really hate it! K/D is still at pretty much bang on 1 atm. Spent most of the day using the ACR, it's nice. Probably my second favourite primary after my HBAR. Oh and sniping is always fun. Unless it's laggy.

I had a couple of good games with you guys. The lag is a bit of a trick to work with, but once I got the hang of it (and a class setup, didn't realize it was Hardcore when I first hopped in) had a good time. Nothing quite like finding a Wild Venari (Assuming it was GTP's Venari) prone using an un-silenced Sniper Rifle. Quite easy to find.

As for the TAR-21... the accuracy is a bit iffy but the rate of fire and the stopping power it has make it quite deadly medium to close to ranges. My goal is Mastery for each weapon in the game, so I can pick up anything and use it effectively.
 
Thanks. My sneaky levels have gone skywards. I absolutely love Cold-Blooded Pro + Ninja Pro. The amount of times people have walked past me when I'm in plain view of them is incredible. I wish I could of started the game on this recent scoreline though, my KDR would be so nice.

Now you know why I always rave on about it, if you're a little sneaky and clever this set up is purely win because it's challenging to use whilst remaining competitive if you swap the primary up to suit the map and way you wish to play exactly. Not to mention the fact the streak rewards don't target you or mark you is extremely useful, so much frustration removed as you can deal with those damn air support so much easier.
 
I had two pretty lucky kills today, using the Intervention + ACOG on Skidrow. Both times involved nailing someone holed out by the mounted machine gun: the first time I saw what looked like a gun barrel poking out the window next to where the MG is; I fired and got a headshot :lol:

I also 1HK'd a guy that was two windows across from the MG, and was firing into the open ground floor opposite; I poked my head around the far wall by the forklift and fired where I *thought* the gunfire was coming from. "One Shot, One Kill" flashed up... :cool:



edit: wow, I just had my best two games EVER... and I only used my knife :lol: 19-3 (or 19-4, I don't quite remember) TDM @ Rundown, and followed it up with a 22-3-14 TDM @ Quarry. 'twas awesome.
 
Last edited:
I just went 10 - 1 on search and destroy on derail and I got 2 friend requests. I accepted one cause he has my name and he called me "sick as".
 
I had a couple of good games with you guys. The lag is a bit of a trick to work with, but once I got the hang of it (and a class setup, didn't realize it was Hardcore when I first hopped in) had a good time. Nothing quite like finding a Wild Venari (Assuming it was GTP's Venari) prone using an un-silenced Sniper Rifle. Quite easy to find.

As for the TAR-21... the accuracy is a bit iffy but the rate of fire and the stopping power it has make it quite deadly medium to close to ranges. My goal is Mastery for each weapon in the game, so I can pick up anything and use it effectively.

Indeed, same Venari. A fair bit of lag around throughout the whole of yesterday, annoyingly.

My sniping stick is un-silenced atm, but I'm trying to get the FMJ challenge. 2 down, 38 to go!
 
Indeed, same Venari. A fair bit of lag around throughout the whole of yesterday, annoyingly.

My sniping stick is un-silenced atm, but I'm trying to get the FMJ challenge. 2 down, 38 to go!

I just Bling when doing FMJ in HC, with a Silencer. While there is no mini Radar in HC, there is the Start Menu one, and I will check it if I hear sniper fire. It is exactly how I found Venari in that game, and he hadn't moved at all. I also use the red dots to determine my Harrier strikes when I call them in. The other benefit to bling is I can then toss FMJ and a Silencer or Akimbo and Silencers on my USP secondary. Which, ask anyone that has played against me, I am quite efficient with.

Then again, I very much am a flanker. Which is why all my classes, even in Core, have some silent weapon, if it is an AR, a silenced USP, or a Throwing Knife. Equal care goes into moving about, including making sure if I drop down, I don't make that crunching sound. Too many days of CS 1.6 where even foot steps would get you walled.

Speaking of, I wall like crazy in HC. If I see someone run by into cover, I will put bullets through that wall in regular intervals, or a red dot, bullets through the wall, etc. I wish there were kill cams sometimes, because people would think I am hacking. I even did the geometry and tracing contours early today on Quarry to beg a guy completely blindly through a tarp.
 
Now you know why I always rave on about it, if you're a little sneaky and clever this set up is purely win because it's challenging to use whilst remaining competitive if you swap the primary up to suit the map and way you wish to play exactly. Not to mention the fact the streak rewards don't target you or mark you is extremely useful, so much frustration removed as you can deal with those damn air support so much easier.

Completely agree, I don't even bother with air supports now as I've not been hit since I started using this setup, not even by User-Controlled killstreaks which can still see me.
 
Back