Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,301 views
I heard about that... doesn't surprise me tbh, given that the non-care package Pavelow is bugged anyway (if you don't get a kill with your own weapons before your Pavelow does, it won't add to your killstreak).


edit: haha, I had an awesome game-winning kill. 1887 headshot, through one of the handrails at Sub Base, fired both guns at the same time :cool:

I often find my care packaged rewards dont' add to my care streaks. My best streak is only 11, despite having done at least 20 on a few ocassions. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this game is buggy as hell.
 
No its not, care packages are NOT supposed to count, thats why the pavelow is bugged.

As for prestige 8, ****. I would stop at 9 if I were you and when I get there I will stop at 9, 10 makes you look like a hacker which is unfortunate, 9 looks better anyway.
 
That's one thing I don't like about Domination. They never show the 'last kill cam.' Not enough points are made to show it.

It's not shown because the gamemode doesn't score on Kills, not because of too few points.
 
That sucks. Pave low usually contributes the biggest chunk of my (non-qualifying)kill streaks.
 
Agh... I've killed myself twice today with my own Predator missile >.<
 
I've had a good night overall of Mw2ing, only 1 or 2 frustrating games, usually caused by ridiculous spawns, one of which I spawned on my own body 3 times to just be killed by the same guy twice, then a new guy the third. Other then that though a generally good nights CODing, managed to get up to 2.99 KDR peak, I think I sit at 2.98 now, with some very nice games in the middle. I've started using the Pave Low as well now, infact I went very aggressive with my streaks today sometimes using Harrier, Pave Low then AC130, and hell yes I called them all in at once more then one time, epic air domination.

Other highlights bar general destruction, killing 2 harriers with 1 stinger, coming up against an enemy team which spammed emergency airdrops near the end of domination (literally 4 or 5 of them in the last minute or 2, they still lost by just 3 points thanks to some great teamwork and my own streak kicking in with the harrier and pave low) and finding boosters and denying them with semtex double kill.

I also tried FFA and 3rd Person for the first time and they were better then expected, FFA was kinda crappy but I expected worse, there's alot of campy play with claymores and stuff which kills it but I did well finish top 3 alot and winning most. 3rd Person was better then expected and was really quite good fun, also netted me some nice points.
 
Came across a weird cheat/glitch whilst playing last. I was in a party with Vexd and Ren-tec and we got matched into a game with 4 other guys on Wasteland. Vexd and Ren-tec and one of the other guys were put on one team and i was on the other. Wasteland is a big map for just 7 players and the game started off slow. After a few minutes someone on my team got a Harrier and then a pave-low quickly after. I got shot not long after and spawned at the far end near the church. The rest of my team were all camping out in the area between the church and the wall and they were busy picking up care packages, which i presumed were from an emergency air-drop. However, one of the guys was just throwing flares left right and centre. He wasn't getting them from kills because there were only 3 guys on the other team and his score wasn't high at all. At one point the church had four remote guns defending it as well as all the harriers, gunships and pave lows that were constantly circling. Those care-packages were falling like snow, just one after the other. The other side must have cottoned on after a while and gone to ground in the buildings or bunker because the game ended when the time ran out rather than score reaching 7500. We quit out of the lobby after that.

Has anyone else come across the same thing?
 
Infinite care package glitch. Thought that got patched not too long ago...?
 
Obviously not.
 
Speaking of care packages, one guy run below one of mine. Another guy tried to kill me with one. They must get a frigging medal for killing with one, or getting killed by one. At least I hope!
 
Evidently. :lol:

Man, the bling 1887s are freakin' sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I've had at least two game-winning kills with them today, and nearly had one more on top of the ones I *did* get. Plus I've been consistently going at or greater than 1 K/D with them, which is quite remarkable given my lack of talent. :lol:

Case and point, I was 7-13 (something like that) at Estate, and my team was down 7200-6600... there were four or five guys from the other team camped by the low brick hole in the fence that overlooks the main door to the house (you know, near the boatyard). I went nuts with the triggers, and gave those puppies hell. Ended up with three or four kills in as many seconds, and my team won the game by two kills - I finished up 1 kill under even K/D IIRC. :lol:

Then, on Underpass, a map I absolutely loathe, I got a headshot with the Models through the corner of one of the big tanks :lol:

@a6: you do, but only if you've prestiged afaik.
 
Last edited:
Speaking of care packages, one guy run below one of mine. Another guy tried to kill me with one. They must get a frigging medal for killing with one, or getting killed by one. At least I hope!

I've killed with a Care Package. Only once though :D
 
I've killed myself with one... does that count? :dopey:
 
Yeah, two awards for killing someone with an Airdrop crate. One after you Prestige, the other is one of the Killcam Finishing Move challenges.

Speaking of Killcam, I had a most embarrassing failure on my end. Playing HC TDM on Highrise, and I was doing well but we were losing. I storm across the map with a P90, mow down 3 guys in the process, get into the C building on the right, take out two more sniping from the windows across the building, flashes my Predator kill streak, and I see one more guy. I put a few bullets into him, see the Painkiller Icon, then find out my clip is empty... go to pull out the USPs and he kills me in the process...

End score for the round... 7400 versus 7500. It was the game kill, and everyone saw the fail on my end. Still, I finished the round 22 0 10, which isn't bad given I was running and gunning.

Speaking of Painkiller, I've found it is effectively triple health, not double. And I am beginning to find it a tad excessive. Double I can understand, but having to put an ENTIRE clip from an AR into someone in Core is just ridiculous.
 
I second that. Actually, I think I ranted on that one in the thread already. :p

Yeah, it's way too much help!
 
Last night I completed all the challenges for the M4. I was expecting some kind of reward but nothing appeared.

I also got some weird message from a player asking how to get to Prestige 10.
 
You should have the Mastery Title. That is about it. Unless you've prestiged, then additional Titles and Emblems for kills and headshots.
 
I have noticed that every now and then I get put in a Search and Destroy or any other game and it can end up as 7 people on one side and 5 on the other, it sometimes forgets about the two person party bit and dumps both of them in a currently 5 v 5 game making it a 5 v 7 game. Pretty stupid :lol:.
 
Normal.

Not as bad as when I got planked in a 9v3 TDM. :(
 
Me and Fairplay were playing domination yesterday and i always check at the begining of a match my connection bars and whos on my team. It was just the two of us versus six on the other team so we quit after 2 minutes as we would have got slaughtered.
 
what bars did you have?
 
was playing with a friend team deathmatch and we cam across something weird.

On the other team there was a guy, he kept killing everyone but never died.(ok there are some player's out there that are THAT good).

But what was funny was that after like the 5th kill from him, i wanted to watch the killcam but to my surprise, the kill cam was just a white screen. Just white with the "press to respawn" sentence. thats it.
So i asked my friend if he got the same problem and he confirmed that also he only saw a blank white screen as kill cam.

Then in the next match, on my team there were couple of players with headsets and they kept cussing at that one player.
He never died and was never to be found and his killcam was always blank.

Anyone experience that?

Chris
 
No but clearly some sort of glitch... maybe he was under the map or something like that ?
 
Came across a weird cheat/glitch whilst playing last. I was in a party with Vexd and Ren-tec and we got matched into a game with 4 other guys on Wasteland. Vexd and Ren-tec and one of the other guys were put on one team and i was on the other. Wasteland is a big map for just 7 players and the game started off slow. After a few minutes someone on my team got a Harrier and then a pave-low quickly after. I got shot not long after and spawned at the far end near the church. The rest of my team were all camping out in the area between the church and the wall and they were busy picking up care packages, which i presumed were from an emergency air-drop. However, one of the guys was just throwing flares left right and centre. He wasn't getting them from kills because there were only 3 guys on the other team and his score wasn't high at all. At one point the church had four remote guns defending it as well as all the harriers, gunships and pave lows that were constantly circling. Those care-packages were falling like snow, just one after the other. The other side must have cottoned on after a while and gone to ground in the buildings or bunker because the game ended when the time ran out rather than score reaching 7500. We quit out of the lobby after that.

Has anyone else come across the same thing?

New glitch. Apparently you can emergency air drop glitch now (infinite emergency air drops).
 
Whats up with all these new glitches... I guess this game was really rushed out the door... Such a big release and SO many bugs... weird...
 
I posted something similar in CoD4, but I think I was still able to see the replay cam. He was invincible, and he can call in the killstreak rewards at will. First I noticed of the trouble, I got the first kill with my usual grenade(good ole CoD4 days!), then came the opposing airstrike by a super low flying jet. :lol:

On getting outnumbered in matches, in TDM, I've seen it occasionally. For whatever reason, they decide not to add anymore players to the shorthanded team. Used to happen in CoD4, too. It was amusing six of us running all around the map, competing to find like a couple, or just one player on the other team. They kept spawning on the opposite ends of the maps, so we'd have to run back & forth. :lol: One of my coworkers made me laugh with his story. He said he got stuck in a two man team, going against the full six. He figured that he would have a good game, since there was going to be more for him to kill. :lol: He found out otherwise. :lol:
 
On getting outnumbered in matches, in TDM, I've seen it occasionally. For whatever reason, they decide not to add anymore players to the shorthanded team. Used to happen in CoD4, too. It was amusing six of us running all around the map, competing to find like a couple, or just one player on the other team. They kept spawning on the opposite ends of the maps, so we'd have to run back & forth. :lol: One of my coworkers made me laugh with his story. He said he got stuck in a two man team, going against the full six. He figured that he would have a good game, since there was going to be more for him to kill. :lol: He found out otherwise. :lol:

I've had it a few times, but mostly when a clan team drops out early on leaving only one or two players. I had it on Favela the other day, just one guy against 6 and the matching system didn't bother dropping in new players mid game to make up the numbers. The single guy managed to keep well hid and because 'our' team couldn't get many kills either no one got a UAV so we couldn't tell where he was. Makes for a pretty dull game.
 
I've had it a few times, but mostly when a clan team drops out early on leaving only one or two players. I had it on Favela the other day, just one guy against 6 and the matching system didn't bother dropping in new players mid game to make up the numbers. The single guy managed to keep well hid and because 'our' team couldn't get many kills either no one got a UAV so we couldn't tell where he was. Makes for a pretty dull game.
Not for the lone dude though. :lol: If it happened to me, I'd go ninja(cold blooded + silencer), play hide & seek. :lol:

Speaking of Ninja, I lied, I just got the cold blooded perk tonight. Now I can start earning that cold blooded "pro", I haven't had in a very long time! Not looking forward to it!(the earning part)
 
Back