Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,299 views
I've been thinking about getting a new game recently. Can you guys please tell me why I should/should not buy this game?

You should buy it because: It's very good and very addictive (online).

You should not buy it because: You have no hands to play it with.

The only reasons i can think of.
 
You should buy it because: It's very good and very addictive (online).

You should not buy it because: You have no hands to play it with.

The only reasons i can think of.

That's sold me lol.
If you want to buy it or not you could read the past 30 pages on this thread and it would make your mind up. Don't forget all these you tube videos you have been seeing about campers ( which IMO is part of the game) and glitches are easily dealt with.
The games very addictive.
If you play regularly with friends it would be great fun.
Glitches are always getting patched.
Campers are part of the game and you change your gaming style and you get great satisfaction when you tale them out.
Like the title thread states over a billion Dollars in sales si something must be right.
So if you don't buy it you only reason is you have no hands.
 
I still play a lot of w@w and its by far my favorite cod so far. A lot of the people i used to play with have MW2 now and I have a hard time finding a good game these days. I'm tired of playing with randoms. Thats a big part of why I'm considering this game. I'd also like it for the trophies but thats not as important.
 
=uk86ze;3732179]Talking about assists, I noticed Theewar got 30 assists in one game of demolition yesterday with his shield


The Highest score I have had is 46 Assists :).I only need 7000 more hits on my shield now,took over 500hits lastnight.
 
Good shield-hit tactic - face a sentry gun. I walked right up to one at Terminal, took a thousand hits and shield-slammed it from behind...
 
Good shield-hit tactic - face a sentry gun. I walked right up to one at Terminal, took a thousand hits and shield-slammed it from behind...

Half my hits where from sentry guns,also if you stay in front of it,It will burn it's self out firing for so long then like you, I shield slam the things.Also,its better using the shield when in a party and the guys know what I am up to,there was one guy on our team lastnight who was not in our party,and 4times he ran in front of me when going in to the cave on Afgan,and 4 times he died as he walked in:dunce:
 
I love Semtex chuckers :D

Haha yea I know, I read that but after I posted it. Well the one I got with Semtex (twice!) wasn't you then, I know now. :) But that's some dirty tactic, man. :p
 
More than likely nothing at all since there is really no way for them to prove the person was doing anything at all. I have filed them plenty of times but I'm sure nothing happens, unless they get multi reports of the same thing for that person so its worth reporting I would say.

Stands to reason I suppose. Although if they kept replays of matches that were flagged by filed complaints on a central server, at least when in comes to boosting, they could very easily verify who the cheats were. I'm sure that's expecting too much from IW and MS though :rolleyes:.
 
I got it for $28 usd after trading a couple things in. not to bad I guess.
 
Oh, breakpoint, on SitRep Pro and footsteps. I've read it reduces the sound of friendly footsteps to a fourth and makes enemy ones four times louder.

Also, just went 11 and 4 on Favela in HC TDM using a Riot Shield and a TMP. :lol:



4 times louder!? I will be able to hear them a mile off and be paranoid thinking they are on top of me! haha. I can be inside a building and seriously hear an enemy walking beside the building and no where they are, pretty rad. Unless they have ninja pro and I can't hear them that far off, but most of the time I can hear them enough in advanced to get ready to cut them up real nice:)

Stands to reason I suppose. Although if they kept replays of matches that were flagged by filed complaints on a central server, at least when in comes to boosting, they could very easily verify who the cheats were. I'm sure that's expecting too much from IW and MS though :rolleyes:.


That is true but the only way they could take any action against you is if it was a mod. Glitches and exploits like boosting aren't really cheating technically because everyone can do it and its an in game flaw, mods aren't. I don't know about PS3 but on 360 if you get caught modding and such muck your 360 its self will be banned, for life! There are ways to unban it but its cheaper just to buy another 360.
 
LOL yea getting killed by a riot shield is very funny. But later on I just sticked a semtex on there. Also funny. :D

Also a rather epic and amusing way to kill someone, stick your semtex to a FRIENDLY shield user on the front just before you enter a room/somewhere with enemies thats quite confined, have them charge in, kaboom! Excellent room camper kill and incredibly amusing.
 
I agree, I've seen people with them on Barretts and the Intervention, what?

I use the HBS on my WA2000 for defense. Very helpful knowing someone is getting close.

Ah, now I can see merit here. When you're sniping, you can't necessarily pay attention to what's nearby. Claymores are good, but a SitRep user can waltz through them. The heartbeat sensor emits an audible "pl-ping" (very much like the one in Aliens) so even if you're scoped up and staring down an alleyway, you can hear enemies close to you - and since you can't have both SitRep and Ninja, you can detect everyone.

Wouldn't use it myself - I'd want a silencer as well and I'm not willing to swap out Scavenger for Bling.

I can't use a silencer on my snipers. I need the extra damage since I prefer Cold-Blooded over Stopping Power. There's only 2 maps where I snipe from the same few spots, so showing up on radar when shooting isn't much of an issue since I'm usually on the move. Scavenger is however the way to go. I chuck random claymores around the map as I go.

Third Prestige, level 62. I noticed that some Prestige challenges do reset if you max them out, such as Stealth. I had the 1000 kills for it but it reset when I did my third Prestige and I am back up there again, just find it interesting you can earn the EXP again, though it seems reduced.

The crate drop, stun, flash, knife, silenced, and last stand challenges in the Prestige section reset no matter what. I had the crate drop and knife done, and was on the 3rd tier of flash and silence when I went from 1st to 2nd Prestige and they all reset. I can't comment on the reduced points since I didn't pay attention.


So I hit the cap for 2nd Prestige yesterday and that is where I'm staying. It's time to just work on completing the challenges for the titles and emblems. Plus I like the icon for 2nd and don't think I could handle going all the way to 4 since I find the icon for 3rd to be lame. And yes, I am basing my stopping at 2 on the icon. How very, very sad.
 
I can't use a silencer on my snipers. I need the extra damage since I prefer Cold-Blooded over Stopping Power.

Of course, silenced sniping isn't really practical outside hardcore.
 
Also a rather epic and amusing way to kill someone, stick your semtex to a FRIENDLY shield user on the front just before you enter a room/somewhere with enemies thats quite confined, have them charge in, kaboom! Excellent room camper kill and incredibly amusing.

:lol: Fantastic!
 
Breakpoint
That is true but the only way they could take any action against you is if it was a mod. Glitches and exploits like boosting aren't really cheating technically because everyone can do it and its an in game flaw, mods aren't. I don't know about PS3 but on 360 if you get caught modding and such muck your 360 its self will be banned, for life! There are ways to unban it but its cheaper just to buy another 360.

Hmmm... maybe my memory fails but I could have sworn there was effectively a MS AUP regarding how software is used when online/competing with others.

Of course, silenced sniping isn't really practical outside hardcore.

Lord knows you've got that right. Especially for those of us who are already steady aim challenged :guilty:.

Edit....
Here we go, Code of Conduct is what I was thinking of apparently:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct.htm
*Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled.
*Don't modify or hack game content to create cheats.
*Don't intentionally play with someone else who is using unauthorized software or methods in order to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore.

In addition:
* If you violate the Code of Conduct or the Terms of Use that you agreed to, action may be taken against your account.
 
Last edited:
Those rules legally are just too vague like I stated before, "Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled" isn't very described. "You were under the map shooting people", I wasn't cheating because I all of the sudden just ended up there and couldn't get out, or it wasn't cheating because everyone has the same option to do X as I did. They are just too vague with stuff other than modding, don't intentionally play with someone who is modding? How did I know he was modding xp in his lobby?
 
Those rules legally are just too vague like I stated before, "Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled" isn't very described. "You were under the map shooting people", I wasn't cheating because I all of the sudden just ended up there and couldn't get out, or it wasn't cheating because everyone has the same option to do X as I did. They are just too vague with stuff other than modding, don't intentionally play with someone who is modding? How did I know he was modding xp in his lobby?

No doubt on a case by case basis it can be difficult/impossible to fairly apply. However when it comes to nuke boosting, as I was primarily referring to, I think with an adequate replay available to review it is clearly apparent that the individuals involved are NOT playing the game in accordance with the CoC. Therefore MS has the contractual standing to take action against their accounts. And I for one would love to seem them do so :cheers:.
 
Hey, Scavenger users: Can you set up to two claymores, like you can with the One Man Army?
 
Yes.

Prestige mode unlocked, and I think I'll click the button in an hour or so... I need to say goodbye to the Models and my Urban SCAR first :lol:
 
Last edited:
Hey, Scavenger users: Can you set up to two claymores, like you can with the One Man Army?

Yes. You. Can. But only 2 active at any given point.
 
I just prestiged :) Saying bye bye to the Bling 1887s was hard, I'll tell you that. :lol: Pity they're getting patched as they're downright hilarious, but I understand why they need to get patched once more, as the range on them is pretty ludicrous compared to the other shotguns. Akimbo+FMJ has double the range of the SPAS, easily :scared:

To get a better measure of my effective KDR (as the broken matchmaker at the time of release did irreversible damage to my KDR) I've noted down what my pre-Prestige stats were, and when I hit 70 again I'll compare. I'm expecting close to 0.8/0.9 (currently 0.59, was 0.2 for the first week or two :|).


Time to unlock everything again I guess :lol:
 
Of course, silenced sniping isn't really practical outside hardcore.

The M21 EBR with a Stealth setup is a double tap kill. I went 30 and 3 in an FFA game using that setup with a silenced USP and Scavenger. But the M21 is the only Sniper I use with that setup in Core, the other ones just don't cut it. The WA2000 would almost, if not for the limited clip size.
 
I think I just played my best round ever yesterday

32-0-0

Entire Match and completed Flawless :)

I was sniping though, with the help of my chopper gunner I owned!
 
Thanks guys for the Scavenger info. 👍

I got on XBL to play with my buddies tonight. Main guy is a no show, guy who wanted to play tonight leaves after few matches. We picked up breakpoint, so he played with us for awhile. But man, none of us really could get going.

My controller switch wasn't that bad, thanks to my new aftermarket controller. But it seemed like some of the teams we were matched up with, they were far superior to us. Or maybe I was that bad. :crazy: Plus, I kept getting messages, and I kept answering them. 👎:lol:
 
I never get messages. I send a few sometimes, like when someone camps and they need to plant the bomb and they just let the timer run out.
 
Messages from friends. I'm not that popular. :lol:
 
Oh. :lol:

I thought you meant people whining about camping.

Oh well. I love getting double kill cams lol.
 
I thought you meant people whining about camping.
I know. :lol:

I was camping the hell out, but to do laundry and messaging!

I owned one hardcore camper really hard, last night. He was camping on the stairs railing over the end of that tunnel corridor on Skid Row. First time, I never thought to look directly over me, he shoots me dead. Second time, I gave him no time to dodge my semtex. :D
 
Back