Can the Citroen GT...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GalvoGT13
  • 37 comments
  • 5,356 views
Messages
81
United States
United States
Messages
GabeGalvao
...be considered the first vision GT car, well, technically I think it is, it just didn't get that name back in 08, what do you think?
 
The idea is similar but the Vision cars are to commemorate the 15th anniversary of Gran Turismo. I wouldn't be surprised if the collaboration with Citroen inspired Vision GT though.
 
I think the Nike ONE was a VGT. That was in GT4, and especially considering the new Nike VGT for GT6 will be a sequel to that collaboration, called Nike TWO.

Then there's also that strange looking original concept car made by PD in the first GT, that can also be a Vision GT car.
 
Aside from the whole 15th anniversary thing, there are several cars that could qualify as "proto-VGT's". The Nike ONE 2022, GTbyCitroen, and Red Bull X-cars are all concepts designed specifically for Gran Turismo by/with input from outside entities.
 
It'd be cool if at least one of them gets so much positive feedback that they actually build ones that are sold to the public. I know there is one rich guy who is planning on making the Mercedes VGT if he has his way. Idk how he would do that, I guess Mercedes would have to give him the rights to manufacture them
 
Would the Honda NSX LM concept car count? I don't believe I've ever seen one of those outside of GT.
 
...be considered the first vision GT car, well, technically I think it is, it just didn't get that name back in 08, what do you think?

I had the same thought. And Citroen even planned a 20 car production run, but unfortunately canceled it. :grumpy:
 
Would the Honda NSX LM concept car count? I don't believe I've ever seen one of those outside of GT.
That, among others, is an already made car which has been modified by PD to fit a certain set of rules. Look at the 350Z LM or the Zonda LM, or the Camaro LM... The list goes on
 
...be considered the first vision GT car, well, technically I think it is, it just didn't get that name back in 08, what do you think?

No, because there weren't any Vision GT cars until the developers decided to actually name the strand "Vision GT".


Didn't PD design some aftermarket kits for some cars? They might also be the first non-Vision-GT Vision-GT cars? :)
 
The thread`s author already gave up... I guess he isn`t interested in our opinion anymore. :(
 
IMO, The term "vision GT" is a newly coined term.

I think all those cars, like the nike, roadcar LMs, citroen GT, Redbull X1 etc etc would have fallen under this heading if they had been created in GT6, they are fantasy cars, i.e donot really exist in real life. If a real life counterpart does exist, it was made to help model the digi version of the car and to help market Gran Turismo and the manufacturer.

Vision GT = Fantasy Cars which CAN/MIGHT be possible IRL.
 
Then there's also that strange looking original concept car made by PD in the first GT, that can also be a Vision GT car.

Which one was that?
 
Gran Turismo has been making fantasy cars since the first game, from something as small as the Mazdaspeed Demio A-Spec in GT1 to the Red Bull X2014 Fan cars. Vision GT is more of the same, but cars which commemorate GT's 15th anniversary are included in the game under this tag.

It's fascinating to see how PD influence the automotive industry and even assist in the development of real world cars. Hopefully a handful of the VGT cars will turn into road-going production models or real race cars.
 
I wouldn't say the Citroen GT was the first VGT, but maybe it was a precursor to the idea.
 
Then the Red Bull X2010 would be the 2nd.
 
I think the Nike ONE was a VGT. That was in GT4, and especially considering the new Nike VGT for GT6 will be a sequel to that collaboration, called Nike TWO.

Then there's also that strange looking original concept car made by PD in the first GT, that can also be a Vision GT car.

If the Nike ONE is a VGT, then so is the X2010 and all of its variations. Both are fantasy cars designed by third parties specifically for the game.
 
IMO, The term "vision GT" is a newly coined term.

I think all those cars, like the nike, roadcar LMs, citroen GT, Redbull X1 etc etc would have fallen under this heading if they had been created in GT6, they are fantasy cars, i.e donot really exist in real life. If a real life counterpart does exist, it was made to help model the digi version of the car and to help market Gran Turismo and the manufacturer.

Vision GT = Fantasy Cars which CAN/MIGHT be possible IRL.

Well just to say the GT by Citroen concept car actually does exist as a fully driveable car. I just wish PD actually got the sound in the same ball part in the game. The sound is not even in the same ball park as its real life counterpart
 
Well just to say the GT by Citroen concept car actually does exist as a fully driveable car. I just wish PD actually got the sound in the same ball part in the game. The sound is not even in the same ball park as its real life counterpart

Yes, it does exist irl. Wasnt it a one off made in collaboration with GT?
 
Gran Turismo has been making fantasy cars since the first game, from something as small as the Mazdaspeed Demio A-Spec in GT1 to the Red Bull X2014 Fan cars. Vision GT is more of the same, but cars which commemorate GT's 15th anniversary are included in the game under this tag.

It's fascinating to see how PD influence the automotive industry and even assist in the development of real world cars. Hopefully a handful of the VGT cars will turn into road-going production models or real race cars.

Sorry, but the Demio A-Spec was a real thing, apparently.
demio_kouki.jpg

8383.jpg


;)
 
Sorry, but the Demio A-Spec was a real thing, apparently.
;)
Not really, these are just Demios with a random bodykit, that look nothing like the A-spec
Just look at it, even the vents of the front bumper are different.

JX0k2_rx-Dv-DcAXvPOE4Aahla3dL84VchThtg0WmwM
 
Last edited:
The EU 'sport' spec seems to be the Japanese a-spec.

Mazda-Demio-DW.jpg
 
Then the Red Bull X2010 would be the 2nd.

Thats exactly a Vision GT car, Vision Grand Trolling Car.

If I recall the Citroen GT was built actually and runs in real life. These Vision GT cars stem from PD asking car companies to go wild on their designs to make something without inhibitions and dumb things like speed limits or smog rules :P.

I mean all the VGT cars that are going to be shown are just fun little side projects but they probably won't see any light of day besides in our PS3's.
 
Thats exactly a Vision GT car, Vision Grand Trolling Car.

If I recall the Citroen GT was built actually and runs in real life. These Vision GT cars stem from PD asking car companies to go wild on their designs to make something without inhibitions and dumb things like speed limits or smog rules :p.

I mean all the VGT cars that are going to be shown are just fun little side projects but they probably won't see any light of day besides in our PS3's.
It was still built specifically for Gran Turismo though, and I really really doubt Citroen would ever want to built a supercar like that for production. They're a brand known for their cheap and practical hatchbacks, and in general they only produce cars that are affordable and people will buy.
 
On the subject of the GT by Citroen, the Road Car and Concept are quite unstable at 220+ mph. You so much as breathe on the steering at that speed the car starts wandering and so as you go to correct it you're in the wall. I found running Comfort hards on the front reduces the wandering massively. This applies to anyone running one at SSRX.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something else I noticed whilst testing.
Down the SSRX straights I was hitting 264mph but on the banked turns I was doing 270mph. :confused: Nitro wasn't used at all.
 
Last edited:
Would the Honda NSX LM concept car count? I don't believe I've ever seen one of those outside of GT.
There was a NSX Turbo concept or something that looked just like the LM concept. I think I saw it on BestMotoring. Could be wrong.

On the subject of the GT by Citroen, the Road Car and Concept are quite unstable at 220+ mph.
Indeed. Tried using the Concept for 24 minutes of Le Mans and it was useless above 190mph or so. Could not go straight.
 
The Mercedes CLK Race Car from GT2 can be considered the first VGT car. Rumor has it that Polyphony made a successor to the CLK-GTR, and once they showed it to Mercedes, they rejected it.
 
The Mercedes CLK Race Car from GT2 can be considered the first VGT car. Rumor has it that Polyphony made a successor to the CLK-GTR, and once they showed it to Mercedes, they rejected it.

And where did you hear (or read) this from? First I heard of this rumor.
 
Back