Can the Citroen GT...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GalvoGT13
  • 37 comments
  • 5,356 views
Yes, it does exist irl. Wasnt it a one off made in collaboration with GT?
Yeah it was. I am just amazed that the sound was done completely wrong. I mean I would expect it to have at least a V8 sound from another car in the game. For it to sound like a V10 or V12 in the game is completely stupid.

Here's what the car actually sounds like. Skip to 1:10

 
To be honest that video shows what is wrong with a lot of sounds in GT.
That V8 sounds 'dirty' like an old fighter plane or a tank. Most GT sounds where the right sample is used are 'clean', you don't get any of the rumble, the rattling and general distortion.

As for the OP, as far as I can tell the Nike One was the first VGT-like car in Gran Turismo.
 
Last edited:
as far as I can tell the Nike One was the first VGT-like car in Gran Turismo.
And I really hope the Nike One returns to GT when Nike's VGT comes, it's fun to drive, and looks nice, just needs a few rough edges smoothed out here and there.
Nike_One_2022_p03.jpg

This fella had the right idea.
nike%20one.jpg

edit: there's likely a high quality model of it at the Gran Turismo Explore Studio.
 
The Nike One 2022 was actually a very pleasant car to drive. It wasn't a supercar, but it wasn't slow either. It was actually a really sensible mid-range sportscar.
 
The Nike One 2022 was actually a very pleasant car to drive. It wasn't a supercar, but it wasn't slow either. It was actually a really sensible mid-range sportscar.
Like a lotus... except the theoretical driver has to be the lotus.
 
The Nike One was a nice fun little car. It's definitely a car that deserves to come back, especially if it's offspring is coming to GT6. The Toyota triathlon concept was similar too (although not a GT exclusive) and again with a new VGT on the way, that should come back.
 
Back