Capello resigns as England Manager

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 80 comments
I'm surprised and a little disappointed at the amount (and calibre) of people who are coming out with the old 'England should be managed by an Englishman!' bit. Why?

Well, in a row caused by racism in football it's fun to come out as being a little bit xenophobic to find the solution.

England needs Steeeeeeeve! :lol:

Hesh doeing well over dere in de Nederlandsh. You guysh can kiep him becaush hesh a bit of a flop over hier. Een Mickey Moush trophie wit Middelshborough en nat much elsh.

Al de besht wit FC Twente.

I agree, your top order is hopelessly overrated and your coach has lost his tou...oh wait, wrong sport! :D

Which ex-EPL manager's are current out of employ that are candidates? Steve Bruce...?

Steve Bruce? Nah. I can see them promoting Pearce before his time.

As for your other comment, pfft, I'll let you carry on with losing your best (some of, anyway) players to us cos of your racial quota ;)

Redknapp has said it'd be hard for him to try an manage both teams.
O'Neill has ruled himself out. Ericksson doesn't want the job. The caretaker manager isn't that good. In the words of my dad
"Put Gerrard as manager before this guy"

Imagine Sir Alex Ferguson as Eng manager??

Gazza will be dead by the end of this year. Have you seen him lately? He's a mess - and a creaking door.

I have him in my Deadpool - but I hope I'm wrong.

Well capello's gone, not long left until Euros. I'll be shocked to see Harry Redknapp step up to the plate but if he does, it will be tough.

They need to arrange more friendlies, only 3 on the run up to the Euro's, thats between now and the 11th of June when they face France.

There are two manager's that i think would be a good choice; Roy Hodgson or Guus Hiddink. Roy Hodgson has experience in European football but not much on the international stage.
Guus Hiddink, well he has had some success on the international stage but well things did not go too well with Turkey, whom did not qualify to the Euro's.

In fairness to Hodgson, he's got more international experience than any other likely English candidate. He had a decent spell in charge of Switzerland way back when, as well as extensie coaching abroad.

I know it's not the FA's position to strip Terry from captaincy, they should have went to the manager and had a word. Capello does have the right to ditch England and resign. Honestly speaking... I think the England squad still wasn't jiving the way people wanted them too and this was the easy out for Capello to leave before dealing with embarrassment.

In fairness to Hodgson, he's got more international experience than any other likely English candidate. He had a decent spell in charge of Switzerland way back when, as well as extensie coaching abroad.
Right you are, he did a really good job with Switzerland

I want him to turn it down.

I'd love to see the look on the FA board's faces.

I want him to turn it down.

I'd love to see the look on the FA board's faces.

They would have no one, Pearce already turned it down.:lol: If I was Roy I'd turn it down the FA are a joke and he'll get no proper backing from them when the press start writing their 🤬 as they sure will.

...and he'll get no proper backing from them when the press start writing their 🤬 as they sure will.

Spot on. The mere sniff of defeat and the press will be foaming at the mouth to refer to his time at Liverpool.

They would have no one, Pearce already turned it down.:lol:

If they don't find anyone soon, they can always put an advert up on the Jobcentre plus site, they'd have thousands of applications within the hour, and I bet some would have football management experience too.

I posted this as a joke... but now that I think about it i'm actually coming round to the idea of just picking somebody up from the dole office :lol:

Makes you wonder what the tabloid reaction to this will be. There were begging for rent-a-quote Redknapp to become manager.
I would have more confidence with Hodgson in charge, then Redknapp, but whoever does get the job is on a hiding to nothing as the players are not as good as what the media thinks they are.

but whoever does get the job is on a hiding to nothing as the players are not as good as what the media thinks they are.

Have they ever been? The media make out as though the players walk on water, but England's trophy cabinet has been empty since your only success in the 1960s.

Home Nations Championship excluded.

I posted this as a joke... but now that I think about it i'm actually coming round to the idea of just picking somebody up from the dole office :lol:

Related idea: Mike Bassett. That was a decent enough film. Made me laugh.

So, Mike Bassett was a rubbish Championship manager. That means the next boss is either Steve Cotterill, Nigel Clough or Andy Thorn.

I have plenty of experience playing Football Manager 12, I even managed to get Carlisle United to win the Champions League..

When can I start? :P

Early on in my save on this year's FM, I beat West Ham as Wrexham in the FA Cup and that ended up in Sam Allerdyce getting sacked.

Bitches, step aside.

I got Havant & Waterlooville from the conference south, all the way to the World Club Championships. I also cheated my way there, which is what Redknapp has done. So no job for me then!

Like a boss...

Back in the days of Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 I hatched an evil plan. My evil plan was to cripple Manchester United. So I started the game as Manchester United's manager...

Naturally I won every competition as that damned United - my pride wouldn't let me do anything but - but I slowly stripped them of their assets, leaving the once millionaire club team a shell of £25k-£75k journeymen who, nevertheless, won unprecedented Quadruple after Quadruple. And then the offer came in from Sheffield Wednesday and I moved over to let some joker named "Alex Ferguson" to take the reigns.

In my first season at Hillsborough I won another Quadruple and improved the squad somewhat. United, without my skills, were relegated. As in seasons two and three, until they were squabbling over division three deadzones with Hereford and Bradford while I was managing Luxembourg to their glorious first World Cup title...

Getting Wednesday to the status of unbeatables, winning the World Cup with Luxembourg and crippling Manchester United, sending them into a spiral of doom from which they could never hope to escape all in the same game/career? LIKE. A. BOSS.

1. FM Data Editor
2. Give United no budget and even more crippling debt
3. ???
4. RECEIVERSHIP!

I've got a ton of genuine bottom-to-top FM/LMA/USM stories. Although I did once get Chelsea relegated. On merit.

Back