Car Crashes!

Think of the amount of money sitting in those piles , I know it's a company write off , but still !!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't let this thread die.

Each time I see this video, I can't help but laugh at the voice yelling in the back.

I think this is from Jyväskylä/Finland.

Really fun to watch 👍

I laught alot for the backround yeller aswell. :lol:

Glock.jpg

they are so safe! I bet he wasnt exactly going slow and just look how intact the cockpit is....

Not a crash, not a car (probably been posted here already), but it's certainly something that I saw in my "youth" live on TV and never, ever forgot. 👍

Dumbasses...

Here is one from WSID (Western Sydney International Dragway) with a top fueler driven by Steve Read. The throttle stuck open and he was in big trouble. It's quite bad because he was on a 'shoestring' budget and now his car is destroyed. I was there when this happened and when the crowd saw the candles still fully lit through the braking area, it was a very cold feeling.:nervous: Luckily he was not injured at all.👍

Almost forgot, i was at the Speedway City in Adelaide when this happened:

I was almost right behind it, the driver walked away, i thought it was going to go over the fence, it pulled the whole fence down. I say he was very lucky. 👍

Here's some photos to go with it:

i tell you it was scary. :eek:

On car crashes, I saw a YouTube video of Greg Moore's fatal accident, and Alex Zanardi's crash. The images of Zanardi's crash where you can literally see pieces of flesh torn apart and trown up in the air still have me shocked throughout the day :nervous: Personally I feel this thread does not belong in the Comedy corner...

Well, the initial intent was that is was more for the accidents like those two yobbos in the offroader flipping it. You know, "No animals were harmed during the making of this film" kind of stuff.

I think NASCAR really tends to have plenty of carnage. The racing on restrictor plate tracks almost guarantees you will see automotive carnage. Thankfully, it's likely that there will be no serious injuries.

Note: Zero people were killed in any of these videos.

1.) Carl Edwards- Talladega 2009. This is what happens when you try blocking more than once, especially with the yellow line rule, not that they would not find a way to do it anyways without the double yellow lines. I'm sure people have seen this one a few times, it was a really wild finish. Carl's run to the finish was pretty funny as well. 2:49 on has the best angle.

2.) Jeff Jefferson- Infineon. What a name, this is what stock cars with launch ramps will get you. This is from one of the NASCAR feeder series. How he planned to make this pass work I have no clue. "Dangerous curbing ahead"

3.) Mike Harmon- Bristol Motor Speedway. This man used up his luck right here, how he survived is beyond my comprehension. This kind of destruction on a short track? He ran into a gate which was not secured, the wall split the car in two @ -/+ 120mph.

4.) This one is not NASCAR related, nothing but funny.

I remember seeing the 1st and last one on TV. The 1st one was funny because after the fact Carl Edwards said something like, "Well, I got my flip out of the way." And the other one was on a program called "Lucas Oil on the Edge", and apparently the driver had been planning to do the complete flip for 3 years but never had the guts to do it. He did it that time.:scared:

Yeah I could not believe that wreck at Talladega live, I thought Carl had that one wrapped up, he didn't get an attitude about it like Rowdy did at Daytona when he made the same mistake.

There was one flip over backwards on that same Lucas Oil OTE show, where the guy broke his windows but I could not find it. It looks like fun if you have the time and money to do that haha.

From a series that encourages air time, Evgeny Novikov on the Rally Finland this year. He also has a high speed encounter with a tree (his words) at the end.

Edit: plus onboard.

See now, in Florida we like to launch the boat trailer first.

IMG_1472.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: (Yes, the trailer is hooked up, note the boat tied at the dock.) :lol::lol::lol:

I guess in Alabama, they would rather launch the rig truck first.

Auburn_boater.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not EXACTLY car crashes, but those trucks are no doubt totaled. Salt water and electronics do not mix, maybe they had salt water series F-150?
I sure do want the whole story on the Alabama one hahaha, man what a way to ruin a day. I've seen some sketchy behavior at the boat ramps around town, nothing of this level though. :dunce::dunce::dunce:

That Toyota Hilux looks to be the same as our Toyota Tacoma.
That same boat ramp that the blue F-150 is submerged at also claimed a Tacoma, I just could not find the pictures. Once the salt water gets to the ECU or any electronic connection it's game over. I don't doubt that Hilux is hard to kill, but saltwater is one of those things that will kill most anything given time, if it's unsealed electrical equipment then almost instantly.

Back