[CCS2] Clubman Cup - October 18 - Spaces Available!

I'm sorry to have to back out at the last moment like this but I'm not feeling up to it today. I'm knackered and I have a bad headache.
I'm just going to drive terribly, not have fun and cause incidents.

Have fun all.

Question:

What is itwith these numbers?
0475-4198-6340-4520-7620

Groetjes, Gerard
That's the room ID number.

Sorry guys, grad stuff will prevent me from racing, but hope it all goes well and I look to be back next week.

So, that was.. interesting, to say the least.

I'll have a looksie through my recordings over the weekend and have the highlights reel on Pronhub YouTube soon thereafter.

Also, @lbpomg95 you're an even terribler human being than me this was a dumb idea why am I still here just to suffer:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190517233622.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190517233628.jpg

What’s the YouTube channel name

I'll link it here when it's done. It probably won't be today (which, given that it's now 30 past midnight here, has just given me a load of time), but it'll hopefully be done by Monday.

also for some reason my previous post having no context whatsoever makes it infinitely better.

I'll link it here when it's done. It probably won't be today (which, given that it's now 30 past midnight here, has just given me a load of time), but it'll hopefully be done by Monday.

also for some reason my previous post having no context whatsoever makes it infinitely better.
Lmao okay bro good race earlier rancher good banter haha

Congratulations to @Antares26 for the well deserved wins. You've really had that M3 flying. I just couldn't keep up with your consistent fast pace. Thought I was at one point on target for fastest lap in race 1, but you beat me to it by .030 with a 1:45.554 verses my 1:45.584. Well done. 👍👍

Congrats to @AudiMan2011 for picking up the remaining podium place in both races. You really had me on the back foot on the last lap of race two.👍

A big thank you to our host for organising last nights event, and also to everyone else who took part. I look forward to the next fun adventure...

Yep, I had no chance in that race, I thought I had my Integra pretty well sorted after a week of on and off setting up but to find myself 2 and a half seconds per lap down was a surprise.

@rallymorten you seem surprised by me being a terrible human being - that 250 actually looks amazing, and now I want to make a castrol Fiat 500.

@HarryWS's pink Honda Jazz as we discussed in the chat was horrifyingly beautiful.

I was glad to join, but It wasnt an even battle. The car (umm, the driver) spun/spinned maybe 9000 times.
Best time 1:58:175
Average time 2:15:00
What is to be expected. I own the PS4 since a week now. At my age of 68 it is my first gaming/racing experience.
It was fun en frustrating at the same time. Exhausting too. Quit after 2 races.

..souh, about that highlights thing, turns out @lbpomg95 is an even worse human being than I thought and had his settings set to not let my recording save anything he said, which means what happened in that voice chat is going to stay in that voice chat and I'll need to think of something else. That's probably for the better, if we're being totally honest.

I do appreciate everyone who turned up (or at least tried to) yesterday, even if just for that one round - a couple of things will need to be looked at, and it's only complicated further by.. let's call it "the spread of seriousness and numbers in general" on the grid. I don't think putting it like that will offend anyone too much.

Was a good night. Qualifying pace in the BMW was really good since even a pleb like me was giving Noir a fright in the battle for pole. Race pace was on for 2nd in both races if I didn't keep making silly errors.

Was a good night. Qualifying pace in the BMW was really good since even a pleb like me was giving Noir a fright in the battle for pole. Race pace was on for 2nd in both races if I didn't keep making silly errors.
You forced my hand there, those were some good laps.

..souh, about that highlights thing, turns out @lbpomg95 is an even worse human being than I thought and had his settings set to not let my recording save anything he said, which means what happened in that voice chat is going to stay in that voice chat and I'll need to think of something else. That's probably for the better, if we're being totally honest.

I do appreciate everyone who turned up (or at least tried to) yesterday, even if just for that one round - a couple of things will need to be looked at, and it's only complicated further by.. let's call it "the spread of seriousness and numbers in general" on the grid. I don't think putting it like that will offend anyone too much.
I had absolutely no idea there even was a setting for such a thing - I'll look into it next time I'm on! Though it probably is best it wasn't saved - it was mostly just me hurling verbal abuse at... well, everything.

@G2G1950, my apologies for rear-ending you in the second race, by the way. Considering it's your first time, don't be too hard on yourself - you did very well. You'll get to learn the car eventually, just takes some time.

Considering it's your first time, don't be too hard on yourself

..I feel fairly confident in saying I can make a joke about it being @G2G1950's "first time" and have it double as a reference to said voice chat, but.. given how many people the magic will be lost on, I don't think it's worth it.

But yeah, @G2G1950, all things considered, that was a good effort. Give it a few weeks and you might be able to take the fight to @HarryWS :P

..I feel fairly confident in saying I can make a joke about it being @G2G1950's "first time" and have it double as a reference to said voice chat, but.. given how many people the magic will be lost on, I don't think it's worth it.

But yeah, @G2G1950, all things considered, that was a good effort. Give it a few weeks and you might be able to take the fight to @HarryWS :P
And here I was thinking that 'rear-ending' could've been the double entendre.

The timeslot unfortunatly doesn't suit me, but a fantástica concept, @rallymorten .
I was browsing to see if i could create a league like This.

Well, at least i'll follow the thread. Juicy Race pics here.

Good job everyone

When do sign ups for round two start?

..you kind of signed up for the entire series when you filled in the insurance forms at the beginning. No need to sign up for individual rounds.

Speaking of next race, a couple of BoP changes since Brands Hatch:
  • BMW: 3% weight added. New weight: 1188 kg.
  • Subaru: 1% weight added. New weight: 1168 kg.
  • Honda: 1% power increase and 2% weight removal. New power: 190 bhp. New weight: 1058 kg.
There also won't be a highlights thing of Brands, because.. the races weren't all that interesting at the end of the day.

Well, Red Bull Ring should at least be interesting, with three long straights to favour the Honda, and several mid-speed corners to favour the RWD cars.

Oof. Red Bull Ring's suddenly become quite a tough one.
Well if it helps, me and @HarryWS tried the track out last night briefly and were getting around 1:58.

It's an odd track because if you go off on the first corner you actually go faster, because the runoff is tarmac, so that'll be something @rallymorten might have to consider.

It's an odd track because if you go off on the first corner you actually go faster, because the runoff is tarmac, so that'll be something @rallymorten might have to consider.

I've already covered that:

Standard racing rules apply - two wheels within the white lines at all times, contact kept to a minimum, only rejoin the track when it is safe to do so and so on.​

The official application of which shall be read as "if you go off the track once and don't gain any advantage by doing so, I probably won't make a big number of it. If you're systematically doing track extending and gaining an advantage by doing so, it's off to the sin-bin". Also going off the track in either turns 1 or 2 (or is it 3?) leaves you vulnerable to the only-rejoin-when-it's-safe rule, even if the only car around you is a lap down.

It will be a tad bit difficult to enforce during qualifying for technical reasons (unless everyone wants to Clip Capture their qualifying and send it to me afterwards, though that opens up a whole different can of problems), and there'll be quite some footage to look through for the race, so if anyone feels like lending a helping hand, that'd be much appreciated.

This may be a silly question but are we allowed to fiddle with the gear ratios?

Any and all tuning is fully allowed, as long as you're still within your cars BoP.

See what I said about me not explicitly stating tuning was legal and people subsequently assuming it wouldn't be? :lol:

I've already covered that:

The official application of which shall be read as "if you go off the track once and don't gain any advantage by doing so, I probably won't make a big number of it. If you're systematically doing track extending and gaining an advantage by doing so, it's off to the sin-bin". Also going off the track in either turns 1 or 2 (or is it 3?) leaves you vulnerable to the only-rejoin-when-it's-safe rule, even if the only car around you is a lap down.

It will be a tad bit difficult to enforce during qualifying for technical reasons (unless everyone wants to Clip Capture their qualifying and send it to me afterwards, though that opens up a whole different can of problems), and there'll be quite some footage to look through for the race, so if anyone feels like lending a helping hand, that'd be much appreciated.

Any and all tuning is fully allowed, as long as you're still within your cars BoP.

See what I said about me not explicitly stating tuning was legal and people subsequently assuming it wouldn't be? :lol:
So basically if someone extends the people also on track don't have to leave any room for them, forcing them to slow down and wait.

I'm guessing if someone accidentally overshoots the first corner they can just simply slow down to cancel it out? This is assuming there's nobody else nearby they have to wait for to safely return to the track.

I'm going to hazard a guess that our qualifying positions won't have a huge effect on the race anyway.

Back