Championship final

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 37 comments
misteruno1
Well, I finally reached the final, may run it tomorrow. Curious, what car did you use? And what did you think of the championship?

The guy (Ben) told me to use my favourite car... So I did. I used my stock SLS, and I think I regret leaving the difficulty on just pro. I may have slightly disappeared into the distance. The rest of the field gets cars tuned to the spec of yours, and I don't know why, but for some reason I can honestly swear that someone showed up in an extremely tuned Willys Jeep. :lol:

The track was quite cool though, quite long and had some cool roads. I actually enjoyed it, probably because I was in an SLS.

***Spoiler*** For the first Horizon Finale I used a [S2]998 Audi R8. The car did the job but was somewhat of a handful to drive. For the second Horizon Finale I used a '69 Judge GTO upgraded to [A]800. Racing on Pro without TCS or STM I owned the competition in the turns but on the straights I had to do a lot of blocking. After getting into first place I had to constantly keep fending off a Ferrari California and Audi TT on the straightaways. Overall I thought the finale races were an awesome way to end the storyline. Knowing what I know now, the first time around I would have used an A or B class car upgraded to [S1]900 for the first race and an older muscle car upgraded to [A]800 with better top end to completely dominate the competition.

'68 Lancia Fulvia. I managed to race clean the whole length, never touched another car or tree or wall or sign or light pole or guard rail, never cut corners between checkpoints........I'm talented like that!:rolleyes:

Just did this last night with the Mclaren.....it was stressfull......but fun....Now I have opened up I guees another Championship...and I pick which ones....Does it matter what ones I do or in what order I do them??

'68 Lancia Fulvia. I managed to race clean the whole length, never touched another car or tree or wall or sign or light pole or guard rail, never cut corners between checkpoints........I'm talented like that!:rolleyes:
I used a Fulvia for my finale lap. too. It took me just over 20 minutes. I used my Alpine A110 for the second finale. That was also right around 20 minutes. I feel a little sorry for Montellino, though. For some reason, that's the only region that the finale doesn't go through.

I made the mistake of using a P1. It's possibly the most impressive production car, but it flies poorly. Whenever I caught air, I ended up pointing skyward, which is pretty inconvenient when coming back down, and I was it cockpit view.

On a related note, the rubberbanding in Horizon 2 is vulgar. It was very in-your-face during the finale. A Veneno had a good 40+ MPH on me, which is just plain bullcrap.

I didn't notice any rubberbanding either time I did the finale. But then again I was using much less powerful cars, a D500 and a D426. I won both races by at least a minute.

Chosen the P1. Maximum Drivatar difficulty, got first place. For my second run, instead, I've chosen the Veneno. Also on maximum Drivatar difficulty, placed first again.

R34 Skyline GTR tuned to A800. Hadn't driven that car at all yet so I was like why the hell not for the finale. It was cool, is it repayable after you beat it?

R34 Skyline GTR tuned to A800. Hadn't driven that car at all yet so I was like why the hell not for the finale. It was cool, is it repayable after you beat it?
You now open finale #2, I'm currently on my to this finale so not sure if it is the same route?

On a related note, the rubberbanding in Horizon 2 is vulgar. It was very in-your-face during the finale. A Veneno had a good 40+ MPH on me, which is just plain bullcrap.
I'm not at the finale yet, but I'm noticing this every once in a while during normal races. Just the other day I was on a race that went through this canyon-like, twisty road, during a hot hatch race. There was a guy behind me going the same pace, and all of a sudden hes flying by me. It did not make sense how he gained so much speed.

I'm not at the finale yet, but I'm noticing this every once in a while during normal races. Just the other day I was on a race that went through this canyon-like, twisty road, during a hot hatch race. There was a guy behind me going the same pace, and all of a sudden hes flying by me. It did not make sense how he gained so much speed.
I noticed this in FH1. When I dominate the competition, I look at the times afterwards and almost everyone sets a much faster time than me on their last lap. Lap times that they were incapable of achieving. It's like they're rushing to get to the finish since I already won.

I've had AI skip the checkpoints to catch up and pass me at the line, not amused. Seems to happen more with the off-road championship events.

Finale #2 is just like the normal Finale, it shares the same route, but it seems that you also race against Ben... I didn't notice him, however. P:

I've had AI skip the checkpoints to catch up and pass me at the line, not amused. Seems to happen more with the off-road championship events.

I noticed the same thing, I don't like off road events to begin with and I have to put up with cheating drivetars to boot! :crazy:

Is there a third or subsequent opportunity to run the Finale on the Xbox One version? After the second time, you can do championships again but it doesn't give you a counter again for how many to do until you get to the Finale again, and when you return to the festival to "party" it tells me that I am the Horizon Champion rather then listing number of them to the finale. With that in mind, I assume that's it for the number of times you can run the finale in career mode, or is it? I would like to take a stock Willys MB just to see how long it would take.

I'm level 215 and I've completed well over half the championship events and there's no sign of a third finale for me. I'm pretty sure 2 is it.

Back