Championship final

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 2' started by FosterG, Oct 7, 2014.

1. FosterG

FosterG

Well, I finally reached the final, may run it tomorrow. Curious, what car did you use? And what did you think of the championship?

2. Daniel

Daniel Premium

I used my Ultima GTR. Being in that mere feet away from the other racers going at 350kph+ was insane.

Xavier2342 and FosterG like this.
  3. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

I used the P1, just because I didn't want to tool around in a slower car for that long

FosterG likes this.
  4. Skython

Skython

The guy (Ben) told me to use my favourite car... So I did. I used my stock SLS, and I think I regret leaving the difficulty on just pro. I may have slightly disappeared into the distance. The rest of the field gets cars tuned to the spec of yours, and I don't know why, but for some reason I can honestly swear that someone showed up in an extremely tuned Willys Jeep. :lol:

The track was quite cool though, quite long and had some cool roads. I actually enjoyed it, probably because I was in an SLS.

ykiki and FosterG like this.
  5. Xavier2342

Xavier2342

***Spoiler*** For the first Horizon Finale I used a [S2]998 Audi R8. The car did the job but was somewhat of a handful to drive. For the second Horizon Finale I used a '69 Judge GTO upgraded to [A]800. Racing on Pro without TCS or STM I owned the competition in the turns but on the straights I had to do a lot of blocking. After getting into first place I had to constantly keep fending off a Ferrari California and Audi TT on the straightaways. Overall I thought the finale races were an awesome way to end the storyline. Knowing what I know now, the first time around I would have used an A or B class car upgraded to [S1]900 for the first race and an older muscle car upgraded to [A]800 with better top end to completely dominate the competition.

FosterG likes this.
  6. Heldenzeit

Heldenzeit

Used my B class Evo VI.

...it took 20 minuets.

UKMikey and ImaRobot like this.
  7. Oso Actual

Oso Actual

'68 Lancia Fulvia. I managed to race clean the whole length, never touched another car or tree or wall or sign or light pole or guard rail, never cut corners between checkpoints........I'm talented like that!:rolleyes:

FosterG likes this.
  8. dice1998

dice1998 Premium

I used my TheFerrari. It was a blast :tup:

FosterG likes this.
  9. Heldenzeit

Heldenzeit

I'm glad I bought one. It sounds amazing and actually can put the power down without sliding all over the road.

10. katpeeler

katpeeler

Just did this last night with the Mclaren.....it was stressfull......but fun....Now I have opened up I guees another Championship...and I pick which ones....Does it matter what ones I do or in what order I do them??

11. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I used a Fulvia for my finale lap. too. It took me just over 20 minutes. I used my Alpine A110 for the second finale. That was also right around 20 minutes. I feel a little sorry for Montellino, though. For some reason, that's the only region that the finale doesn't go through.

symo63 and Oso Actual like this.
  12. Oso Actual

Oso Actual

I don't think I've driven the Alpine yet, will give it a go tonight.

Now onto the 100% completion.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  13. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

I made the mistake of using a P1. It's possibly the most impressive production car, but it flies poorly. Whenever I caught air, I ended up pointing skyward, which is pretty inconvenient when coming back down, and I was it cockpit view.

On a related note, the rubberbanding in Horizon 2 is vulgar. It was very in-your-face during the finale. A Veneno had a good 40+ MPH on me, which is just plain bullcrap.

UKMikey and FosterG like this.
  14. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I didn't notice any rubberbanding either time I did the finale. But then again I was using much less powerful cars, a D500 and a D426. I won both races by at least a minute.

15. nick98

nick98

Chosen the P1. Maximum Drivatar difficulty, got first place. For my second run, instead, I've chosen the Veneno. Also on maximum Drivatar difficulty, placed first again.

FosterG likes this.
  16. shawtyoner

shawtyoner

R34 Skyline GTR tuned to A800. Hadn't driven that car at all yet so I was like why the hell not for the finale. It was cool, is it repayable after you beat it?

17. Oso Actual

Oso Actual

You now open finale #2, I'm currently on my to this finale so not sure if it is the same route?

shawtyoner likes this.
  18. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

Yes, it's the same route.

19. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

I'm not at the finale yet, but I'm noticing this every once in a while during normal races. Just the other day I was on a race that went through this canyon-like, twisty road, during a hot hatch race. There was a guy behind me going the same pace, and all of a sudden hes flying by me. It did not make sense how he gained so much speed.

20. Marqus

Marqus

I noticed this in FH1. When I dominate the competition, I look at the times afterwards and almost everyone sets a much faster time than me on their last lap. Lap times that they were incapable of achieving. It's like they're rushing to get to the finish since I already won.

21. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

I've had AI skip the checkpoints to catch up and pass me at the line, not amused. Seems to happen more with the off-road championship events.

22. nick98

nick98

Finale #2 is just like the normal Finale, it shares the same route, but it seems that you also race against Ben... I didn't notice him, however. P:

23. Aftrbrnr

Aftrbrnr

^I believe if you check the starting grid, Ben shows up as "HRZN BEN". He started in 10th position and was rank 1 for me.

24. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Did mine in a rally tuned 2003 Focus RS. Not sure what to use 2nd time round.

25. FosterG

FosterG

I noticed the same thing, I don't like off road events to begin with and I have to put up with cheating drivetars to boot! :crazy:

26. DurWinning

DurWinning

Stock Transit SSV? It'll take you awhile to do it but it would be pretty funny (well for me at least).

27. Aftrbrnr

Aftrbrnr

Is there a third or subsequent opportunity to run the Finale on the Xbox One version? After the second time, you can do championships again but it doesn't give you a counter again for how many to do until you get to the Finale again, and when you return to the festival to "party" it tells me that I am the Horizon Champion rather then listing number of them to the finale. With that in mind, I assume that's it for the number of times you can run the finale in career mode, or is it? I would like to take a stock Willys MB just to see how long it would take.

28. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I'm level 215 and I've completed well over half the championship events and there's no sign of a third finale for me. I'm pretty sure 2 is it.

29. Heldenzeit

Heldenzeit

Did it in my S2 Bentley and spun out on the lead up to the finish....FML.

I think I'll pick a slower car next time.

30. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

That sucks. Would at least like the option to run it again, even at a reduced XP reward!

UKMikey and Populuxe Cowboy like this.