Championship final

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 37 comments
Just finished the first Ben-less finale in my trusty A-class 2002 Skyline GT-R; it looked like somebody had tethered the California behind me to it using a giant invisible rubber band. :lol:

It'd be nice if this route were offered as one of the Rivals events from the menu.

Last edited:
On a related note, the rubberbanding in Horizon 2 is vulgar. It was very in-your-face during the finale. A Veneno had a good 40+ MPH on me, which is just plain bullcrap.

It is vulgar. I didn't change anything for the finale, just did it in my Huracan with Highly Skilled difficulty, and I went off into the distance rather quick. At that point wished I had chosen Pro at least for the finale. But not long after that, there came a car shooting right past me, like out of nowhere. Had a bit of a battle, and slowly pulled away from the one car I could see, and a few corners later a different car was on my tail. Around the 90% mark I actually had to block to stay ahead, because they had so much more speed, and suddenly they were all gone again and I could stroll over the finish line. Just weird.

Both times I did my finale, I ran default difficulty, and I ran away from the field. I'm sure I was a good half mile to a mile ahead of my nearest competitor at the finish both times. I never noticed any rubberbanding at all, and Ben was a non-entity in the second race. I think he finished 10th.

Have any Xbone owners completed the Storm Island Finale yet? I'm wondering whether there's more than one finale (and if it shows up in the showcases afterwards). If not I'll shelve it for after I finish a few more of the mainland championships.

Thanks Pop. The reason I asked about the showcases was that one of my friends list was listed as having completed 6/5 showcases and I wondered whether Storm Island held the sixth one.

Back