Cleaning fat ps3 for dust?

• Thread starter Greisen
  • 13 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Greisen
Hey dudes. Ive had my fat ps3 since release now. The inside cooler is getting pretty loud as i've begun driving the 24h races. Should i try oppening the ps3 and clean it for dust to avoid overheating. Gimme your advice ;)

Make funeral arrangements. Your PS3 has YLOD imminent.

Not unless he gives it a long break. Just go on a holiday or something :lol: Although after I did the Le Mans 24h my PS3 briefly start making loud noises from the cooler but they've stopped now.

Yellow light of death, can be repaired though. Try giving it a good clean, sometimes a Hoover can help but the phats do get noisy as they are getting on a bit now :(

http://www.ehow.com/how_8351307_use-ps3-selfcleaning-fan.html

Tried that once. I was shocked by the noise the fans make at full speed. :scared:

I just use a hoover to suck out dust from the PS3 every time I clean up my room. My 40gb fatty never gets loud during gameplay. I completed the B-Spec 24 hours of Le Mans and the PS3 never made a disturbingly loud noise, just the same it always does. Just remember to keep your PS3 in a reasonably open place with plenty of room around it and it will do well. :)

hol
Yellow light of death, can be repaired though. Try giving it a good clean, sometimes a Hoover can help but the phats do get noisy as they are getting on a bit now :(

Hi I had a flash of ylod and I got it repaired
works fine now no lost memory as well

Taking the PS3 apart really is a piece of cake. I used to blow the dist out but you have no idea how much collects inside it even if you blow or suck out the dust that you can. My PS3 died of YLOD a week ago. I should have it back in the next week having been fixed but it is not a permanent fix. I think it will only last another 12-18 months.

I have an old 60GB model that has been doing just fine. I keep a small house fan pointed at it and running while I play, and clean it of all dust every week or two depending on how much I use it. I'm just hoping it lasts long enough until those new 320GB models come out then I'll upgrade to one of those.

I have an old 60GB model that has been doing just fine. I keep a small house fan pointed at it and running while I play, and clean it of all dust every week or two depending on how much I use it. I'm just hoping it lasts long enough until those new 320GB models come out then I'll upgrade to one of those.

Why dont you just buy a normal slim and upgrade the HDD? My PS3 is 500gb

Don't worry my friend. Your PS3 will live. I have had my for a couple of years and it spins like a pu##ycat (missycat). (folk prøver bare at skræmme dig :))

Back