Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

• Thread starter akira3d
  • 415 comments
I noticed some frame drops during the replay at Willow Spring,but only in some angle cameras,or when at the begin of the game,start the sequence with some video like the race at Brands Hatch with a lot of cars...
I write to PD and i hope they will solve this problems of frame drops.
Can you guys please write also?
I use a PS4 Pro on FHD tv

If there will be no Continental GT3 then R8 will stay my go to GT3 car.
+ Finally the snap oversteer seems to be gone( didn't test on the karusel)

It's more stable now since the update 👍 . I'm really enjoying the GT3 cars. Much more enjoyable at proper tracks.

This totally rubs. 1.06 is completely drivable, yet with the throttle/brake bug, it is completely UN-drivable. PD, I really hope you're paying attention to the forums, because I'm not wasting any more time sending you data tonight.

This is what an SLS GT3 is supposed to sound like.
This is what a C7.R should sound like.ohhh goosebumps/skin

Until the sounds in games becomes physics based calculations which will take a lot of processing powwa I think we will have to swallow that Engine sounds in games will sound a bit synthetic and like if they are simply matched/mixed to the car's rpms.

Last edited:

Sounded pretty good actually, I guess it was from Iracing?

Sounded like if the car was stationary on a dyno, but what if I want to hold the revs at 3000 or at 4500 or any other revs that is not normal and not recorded. Typical behaviour like going flat out and then braking and going down the gears before a turn can sound epic if recorded and recreated well, but those unpredictable moments are what to me makes the engine sounds sound a bit off and synthetic. I like for example AC but after having almost 1000h in the game I clearly hear that the engine sounds are fake, which is a shame because it is such a enjoyable game. The body movements are becoming better and better but the engine sounds are becoming worse! :P

Last edited:
Sounded pretty good actually, I guess it was from Iracing?

Sounded like if the car was stationary on a dyno, but what if I want to hold the revs at 3000 or at 4500 or any other revs that is not normal and not recorded. Typical behaviour like going flat out and then braking and going down the gears before a turn can sound epic if recorded and recreated well, but those unpredictable moments are what to me makes the engine sounds sound a bit off and synthetic. I like for example AC but after having almost 1000h in the game I clearly hear that the engine sounds are fake, which is a shame because it is such a enjoyable game. The body movements are becoming better and better but the engine sounds are becoming worse! :P
Game Stock Car, a game made on a virtual shoe string budget.

Game Stock Car, a game made on a virtual shoe string budget.

Ah I thought it was a "stock car" that was recorded hehe. But it did sound nice at least the "planned" behaviour of the engine. Makes me think why GT had such yucky sounds until GTS, which are sounding way better than games before it at least.

Anyone remember the original GTR mod? There was a Marcos LM600 in that mod that sounded just primal. Every car in that game, and the follow on titles (GTR, GTR2...)sounded amazing. PC based, but quite a few years back. Grand Prix Legends was waaaaaay back, but again, great sounds. Gurney Eagle? The BRM? The Lister Storm in Sports Car GT sounded great, and that was on a 450mhz Pentium III! Grid Autosport and Shift2 sound pretty good on PS3. pCARS sounds great on PS4. I don't think PD gets a pass- other devs seem to be able to come up with good engine tracks.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but on Brands Hatch, it looks like they've removed the rubber grooves in Druids and Stirlings bend. There used to be an insane amount of grip on the inside of the corner, but doesn't seem like there is any now.

Hard to match that sound on in-game sounds, GT-series select car start sound is pretty accurate too.. ;)
Can you pick some in-game footage of that recording what you showed?

It's a custom made video how would I have access to the footage that came with it:confused:

It's a custom made video how would I have access to the footage that came with it:confused:
Just trying to get video feeds from game where that sound was, all I found wasn't sounding like that your post sound clip was sounding.
Dig bit more on that title, and still didn't find that quality of sound on any YouTube recordings of gameplay, semi-good sounds yes, on latest updates of game, game is developed from 2011 to current days (rewrite code on 2012 for 2013 release which is current breed, lot of updates after it and release to steam). They didn't nail sounds on beginning and it's hard to find any matching footage to your audio clip even on recent videos.
Game itself is rFactor "copy" running on ISI-motor leased from rFactor, implemented several rFactor plugins (i.e. Real feel FFB) and packed to own game, nothing wrong there, simbin and few others are relying on ISI-motor too with good results.

But travel from 2011 to here, with way older game engine (from 2005 or earlier) has some benefits on pocket, nothing is new, just lot of tweaking to make it run, so kinda good comparison point to GT-series, over decade of development and it's starting to sound good. :)

I had sincerely hoped to post something different than this.

I am not driving this again, until v1.07 ... why can't they bring this thing around?
The contrast between GTS, and to driving anything in, say Assetto Corsa for example, ... it's just too much.
I'm holding hope, still .... barely ... it's Beta Days.

It's Beta Days, ... similar to Free Practice days in F1, things can be all over the place.
You can't judge results in a simplistic or concise way.
Testing various parameters, the priority has to be logging a wide variety of data, not an optimal lap time.
I still hope that when we roll onto the grid for real, there might be an area of the game
that can be used seriously, for online proper sporting competition. That's all I want.
"Like iRacing, but for normal people." Boki

I obviously want a different GTS, than a lot of other folks want.
I want it as an evolution of the only aspect of GT6 I use, online private league racing series.
We have been using GT6 in our group, one night every week, for many years now.
The portrait that Kaz originally painted of GTS was exactly that.
The new generation, of the common man's racing league platform.

I don't mind career modes, or drift crap, or photo modes too much, ... as long as they are not in my way.
They do sap budget, artists' & developers' time, and memory space that could be better purposed, in my humble opinion,
... but it's not up to me. I'm not the most important person here.
Those things are precisely what a lot of other people want, and really enjoy though, so I am happy for those folks.

Assetto doesn't seem like enough circuits and cars to support more than a few seasons for my group.
The way the cars feel and drive is brilliant, it just doesn't look like it's going become a fully fleshed out game.
PC2 is a long way away, and the first one is unreliable still, as far as we have experienced. Some things got 'fixed', but ...

Assetto Corsa is so nice to drive, but I feel kind of sorry for it, now twice jilted in my house. I got the PC version on the same day I got the early release version of DiRT Rally, so yeah, ... AC on my PC still has less than 3 hours logged, total.
Then, because we are ready to transition our league off of GT6, I just started testing AC on PS4 last week.
After a year an a half away from it, I had just started to enjoy Assetto again. Really digging it. And then today, I got DiRT4
:D
... parting is such sweet sorrow, Assetto, maybe someday our paths will cross again

It dawned on me yesterday that I keep getting put in slower rooms with dirty drivers because I don't have any of the fastest cars unlocked yet. So I'm going to stay away from online until I unlock all the cars and can have a good race. Having a slow car with a decent qualy but getting dumped into dirty rooms is awful. Haven't moved from B/B in weeks.

Jerome

It dawned on me yesterday that I keep getting put in slower rooms with dirty drivers because I don't have any of the fastest cars unlocked yet. So I'm going to stay away from online until I unlock all the cars and can have a good race. Having a slow car with a decent qualy but getting dumped into dirty rooms is awful. Haven't moved from B/B in weeks.

Jerome
I don't think that's the reason. You need to keep racing and improve your on track driving. Once you get it up to A and S the racers are less dirty.

Jerome

You need to get up to B/A at the least. That's what I have and I get in rooms with Kev, Lucas, Ned and clean racers

Jerome

I think that's a good plan. Wait until you have a competetive car in each class, get the best quali times you can for a weeks races, stay away from ovals and be wary at others (BHI and Willow, for sure). If you can get pole or close, stay ahead of the middle of the pack and get podium finishes, both ratings should go up quickly. SR=S took me less than 15 races from C.

Be warned - once you get into the good room, it's a very slow grind to raise your DR, unless you're a top 10 driver getting podiums. It doesn't give me much for, say, starting 8th and finishing 5th, lol, which I'm quite pleased with sometimes given the company :)

Do the time zone trick to get cars, keep changing it to the next one to hit midnight (quit game, change, start game, wait 'til midnight, get car, repeat, ..., profit).

I don't think that's the reason. You need to keep racing and improve your on track driving. Once you get it up to A and S the racers are less dirty.

Oh no it is, it clearly is. The moment I get a competitive car, I'll start getting promoted. I can't get promoted on either level when drivers ahead of me mess up and then intentionally slam me or spin me every time I try and pass them. Versus, I get in a competitive car, qualify ahead of that group and get put in cleaner groups 👍 Until then, I'm just trying out a bunch of cars and doing some quick tunes on them.

Jerome

Do the time zone trick to get cars, keep changing it to the next one to hit midnight (quit game, change, start game, wait 'til midnight, get car, repeat, ..., profit).

I tried changing my timezone to Sydney last night, but it didn't start my daily marathon over. I did turn off my console before the switch. Can you be a little more specific with the steps? And, if I were to move the timezone up so it did give me another car, what happens when I move the timezone back? Will I not be able to unlock a car for two days or something?

Jerome

I tried changing my timezone to Sydney last night, but it didn't start my daily marathon over. I did turn off my console before the switch. Can you be a little more specific with the steps? And, if I were to move the timezone up so it did give me another car, what happens when I move the timezone back? Will I not be able to unlock a car for two days or something?

Jerome

It's funny how it works, in that once it's working you don't have to drive your marathon each time you change TZ. I'm not sure when it resets the marathon counter - so maybe if you drive between TZ changes then you may need to do a full marathon. Moving the timezone back has no 'stacked' effect, I can't remember if it misses getting one, but basically it just goes back to normal.

The first time you try it you might not get a car at midnight, but if you then do the marathon you should get one. Then maybe do another marathon to get it primed up ready to give you a car at midnight (I can't remember if this is needed). Then start doing the steps above.

Define a competitive car? I have the Gr.3 GT-R, but I'm faster in the Mustang, and I get passed by guys in 4C's and Siroccos, neither of which are "fast" for me.

TTS Coupe for starters. Don't have that one. I know this changes from combo to combo, but I've got like half the cars and I see what times my friends have and what they drive and I rarely have that car it seems (yet).

Jerome

Back