Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

• Thread starter akira3d
  • 415 comments
Does anyone else have those strange "throttle cut out" (don't know how to properly describe this). On some fast corners on Dragon Trail and Nordschleife, my throttle bar goes to 0, while I'm keeping it R2 fully pressed. It only happens in online races.

Happens to me all the time, especially on the 'ring, every few seconds. It's like the engine cuts. The engine also goes completely silent and you just coast. Does not happen in qualifying, only in the races. Only happened since 1.06. My DS4 also turned completely off during one race and I quickly had to press the PS button, but I was still logged in with the controller when it came back on. Its very much spoiling the beta for me.

I've never noticed any throttle cuts at all during the entire beta in any part, however I have noticed throttle will only go to about 80ish% and not above that, which is greatly annoying, not sure if that's just a controller thing or not.

I had the throttle cut feeling in multiple occasions (i didn't watch the HUD bar, it was just a frustating feeling). I'm used to play with low to none driving aids in GT, but have, most of the time, TCS not set to 0 in GT Sport. That feeling remind me of GT Concept on PS3 until i turn all driving aids off.

Northern Isle Speedway is now using racing super soft tires. Full throttle all the time. Low 13 second times.

SO that's why I was fast. Do you guys still stick to the outer lane all the time? I used to in 1.05 but now I'm faster when taking a racing line.

Interesting thing happened on the Nurburgring today:

I had a clear lag spike, but from the way it looks PD may have changed the predictive lag compensation algorithm in their netcode. You can see the two cars in front of and behind me cut in and move erratically to the inside of the corner, and then seconds later the entire field moves off to the outfield and slows to a stop. Perhaps when a packet gets delayed opponent cars are now coded to move off track? This could be a way of preventing incidents during lag spikes, assuming what happened in this race wasn't a lucky fluke.

I also think I saw something similar in a warmup on Blue Moon, but it's hard to say. Two cars near me pulled into the infield shortly after the first corner and came to a stop, but this was seconds before the race started so they might've just been goofing around. I haven't had any other definite lag issues post-update to compare this to, and I'm not sure how this can easily be "tested" for confirmation.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Interesting thing happened on the Nurburgring today:

I had a clear lag spike, but from the way it looks PD may have changed the predictive lag compensation algorithm in their netcode. You can see the two cars in front of and behind me cut in and move erratically to the inside of the corner, and then seconds later the entire field moves off to the outfield and slows to a stop. Perhaps when a packet gets delayed, opponent cars are now coded to move to off track? This could be a way of preventing incidents during lag spikes, assuming what happened in this race wasn't a lucky fluke.

I also think I saw something similar in a warmup on Blue Moon, but it's hard to say. Two cars near me pulled into the infield shortly after the first corner and came to a stop, but this was seconds before the race started so they might've just been goofing around. I haven't had any other definite lag issues post-update to compare this to, and I'm not sure how this can easily be "tested" for confirmation.

Thoughts?

Well, seeing your video that definately might be the case. They lined up nicely in the grass there. :P The issue is though when you overtake them and suddenly they want to fly through you with insane speeds. You will not survive that without hitting a barrier. ;)

Does anyone else have those strange "throttle cut out" (don't know how to properly describe this). On some fast corners on Dragon Trail and Nordschleife, my throttle bar goes to 0, while I'm keeping it R2 fully pressed. It only happens in online races.

Same here. Using T150, also happens only during races

The name of the Tokyo track has changed. From "Tokyo Expressway" in the first build to "Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop" in the 1.06...
Interesting, they only use those to denote track layouts. Same thing with dragon trail international raceway - seaside.

Could this mean there's more expressway variants?

I was solidly bitten by the throttle (and steering) cutout bug at Nurb. Frankly so bad the car was undrivable, so I bailed. Praying the rest of the night will be better. Ghosting is still a :censored:show. Got ghosted for position at NIS in the Peugeot spec race, the NOT ghosted at Nurb and bounced into the gravel braking into Arenberg. Still loving the Evora. I do think the physics in 1.06 are an improvement- cars drive like cars, not Mario Karts. Gr.4 GT-R still feels like it's on Mediums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, they only use those to denote track layouts. Same thing with dragon trail international raceway - seaside.

Could this mean there's more expressway variants?
It would make for greatly missed opportunities if there aren't more layouts to those places. It could make sense out of the present Tokyo Expressway layout IF it isn't the only layout. Come on PD! Let's do this!

Well Dragon Trail seems to have a road that leads to a town, so maybe a Dragon Trail city circuit? Tokyo Expressway has a ton of layout possibilities all over the place so it makes sense.

Third Nurb race, all control inputs in and out the entire middle of the race. Only reason I stayed in was a forlorn hope that PD was catching some data and might fix this. Apologies to anyone I might have collected while steering and brakes were AWOL. Really guys, this is gaming 101. No controller response, no fun.

1.06 sound eerily reminiscent of GT5/6. Lacking in base and lots of whistling aka vacuum cleaner type sound. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would think to make this change to begin with and why they would think it's an improvement.

Because no one really knows what an SLS AMG actually sounds like. Just like there's no good video of C7.R's bellowing around LeMans, so the PD sound team just has to guess.

I ran as many races as I could today, and the final analysis is mixed. Physics are better- the cars are fun to drive, and do car-like things in response to steering/throttle/brake. Up until the last two races, I was finally lifting myself out of my "Forever D" funk. (Q'd P3 at Willow in the Evora, and mid-pack at the Ring in the Vette...)Sadly, the "throttle" bug had it's pincers firmly in my backside for the last two events- all progress I had made out of D rank was basically lost while the throttle (and steering) went in and out at both the Ring and Blue Moon. Based on the current physics, I'd pre-order Gran Turismo 7 with a full offline career mode. If this this is going to be online only, unless the race rules get a lot stricter, I'll be doing other things with my time & money.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys,
so i got access to the closed beta today and got an Audi TTS coupe for completing the daily challenge.
is there a thread with what has previously come out?

hi guys,
so i got access to the closed beta today and got an Audi TTS coupe for completing the daily challenge.
is there a thread with what has previously come out?
You get a car at random from all of the cars available in the Beta every day, if you drive for more than 26 miles in that day.

As well as the aforementioned throttle/engine issues, I have noticed that whilst I have turned off the brake indicator, it still comes on intermittently. It seems connected with the throttle issue.

Back