Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

• Thread starter akira3d
  • 415 comments
I haven't had a go on Tokyo Expressway once on the beta, guess feedback has been addressed to PD? ;)

Also, Dragon Trail recently hit criticism with its low quality surroundings details (and re-use of GT6 textures from Sierra which I discovered).

Perhaps, changes may be made by the Feedback. Exterior cam was a Issue I pointed out which got loads of likes and responses...and in the recent update it was featured.

Sadly i haven't got into the Beta, but i really like the direction of these updates. Especially the exterior cam, i got used to the GT5/GT6 ones but i always felt like GT1-GT4 felt more alive as a game in that view, and now its similar again with the new options.

I can't wait until we finally get a release date. But big thanks to everyone who is testing this and sending feedback, hope PD will listen and improve more things by giving extra options like that.

I haven't had a go on Tokyo Expressway once on the beta, guess feedback has been addressed to PD? ;)

Also, Dragon Trail recently hit criticism with its low quality surroundings details (and re-use of GT6 textures from Sierra which I discovered).

Perhaps, changes may be made by the Feedback. Exterior cam was a Issue I pointed out which got loads of likes and responses...and in the recent update it was featured.

We will see others tracks this week-end, probably :) I can't wait to see if Dragon Trails is at the level of other tracks.

I'm impressed by the amount of 3D spectators. Now, they should add some waving flags, animations like barbecue and choppers/drones.
I'm confident that GTSport will be a good game, the updates are cool and show that this is an actual beta. I hope Poly understand that we expect a big career mode for the 20 years of Gran Turismo, not a couple of "events".

It's been a long time since I've posted here !

I've got the chance to have the beta too and this update really impress me. We were a couple to request exhaust pop on throttle lift, and they added it, pretty cool !

The physic feel so natural with a controller, you don't have to fight for controlling the car. Even if it's a simulation, it's a game too you gotta enjoy it !

Btw, I have the beta and access to the bug report. But I can't goes into the GT Sport forum, access denied... Maybe because I'm from Canada ?

Btw, I have the beta and access to the bug report. But I can't goes into the GT Sport forum, access denied... Maybe because I'm from Canada ?

Nope nothing related to your country. It seems to happen to people randomly.

You're not the only one and a thread was opened on beta forum about it so PD knows.

Senile ramblings...
G29- seems ok, FFB S at 3, FFB T at 5. only time I got a rattle I was totally crossed up and off track.
Lotus Evora- ohmigod. New favorite car, touching low 1:33's at Willow, only ABS. (No TCS!)
Overall: I'm happy- every car feels better, more carlike. I'll play it some more. Matching my best times at the Ring and feel like there's more to be gained with the way the game drives now.
SR: Still a joke. I got mugged in T2 at Blue Moon: I was on the inside line and got hit from outside and bounced off the inside wall, and not only got an "orange", but a 2-sec penalty. WTF? Every other driver was either A or S. Really? I really hate Blue Moon anyway, so I'll probably just skip it from now on. How about a real oval- Talladega? MIS? Bring it on.

Another thing I notice in this update is when you go over the rumble strips it has a different sound to it now. Also you can really hear your opponent car very easily which I don't like. That's when you're very close to them of course.

Another thing I notice in this update is when you go over the rumble strips it has a different sound to it now. Also you can really hear your opponent car very easily which I don't like. That's when you're very close to them of course.

Also theres these occasional very loud tire squeels from nearby cars..

I'm really happy with online connections now. No more lag whatsoever. Ping has dropped alot since the update. Makes the online experience so much more enjoyable.
I have to say that seems to be the most improved thing in 1.06. Haven't noticed any lag or glitching in the races I've had and my ping is now 29 which is much more in line with other online games I play.

Does anyone else have those strange "throttle cut out" (don't know how to properly describe this). On some fast corners on Dragon Trail and Nordschleife, my throttle bar goes to 0, while I'm keeping it R2 fully pressed. It only happens in online races.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have those strange "throttle cut out" (don't know how to properly describe this). On some fast corners on Dragon Trail and Nordschleife, my throttle bar goes to 0, while I'm keeping it R2 fully pressed. It only happens in online races.
Probably a bug of some sort. I know haven't experienced that (because I don't even have the beta:().

It's been happening to some of the players including myself.

On Dragon Trail it wasn't that bad. Just 2-3 throttle cut outs during a lap. On Nordschlefie it's just a tragedy. Power cut off every few seconds + ghosting. :banghead:

On Dragon Trail it wasn't that bad. Just 2-3 throttle cut outs during a lap. On Nordschlefie it's just a tragedy. Power cut off every few seconds + ghosting. :banghead:

What controller/wheel are you using? Does everyone with this problem have same controller?

I like the new start point for Ring time trials (close to the start point for a touristfarten).

During the warm up of online races is the pit icon for people who are still in the pit new?

And rolling starts were there are Blue Moon yesterday, first time racing there online. Was more fun that I expected.

The way this update seems to have updated every track makes me wonder what places like Tokyo Express and Fisherman's ranch look like now.

Back