Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by akira3d, May 31, 2017.

1. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

When zooming in the replays it stays zoomed in and fades away in a more natural manner rather than zoom out when you release triangle (will need to test this further).

Also I think there is a better IQ overall now and maybe new replay angles at Blue Moon.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  2. GT Sport

GT Sport

Nurburgring

3. kingpen

kingpen

I haven't played in a couple weeks but I fired up the update last night. I can't tell exactly what they did but they've made an already graphically beautiful game look even better.
    I'd like to see a wider zoom adjustment in the cockpit view but I'm happy to see a feature I requested in the tester forums make it into the beta. They could go a step further and make cockpit view adjustments save with different settings per car but that maybe asking for too much.
    I think there may be still some work to be done on driving physics and sounds but the improvement is noticeable over 1.05

4. Serialf

Serialf

A few strange impressions I got from this new version so far that I would like to share with you:

In N300 time-trial the car behaves different, maybe less gripy, less tolerant on the edges of the track but my best time in Nurb was the same I had before - 8.39.XXX with the Audi TT - (slow, I know, but thats me :)); also the tune has not changed. Its odd, something should have changed ...

My volume on the TV sound was 21/22 for years. Now I have to put it on 4X (the double) in order to ear the same engine level of sound (bumper view). When racing, the other cars sound a bit strange (very loud or very quiet). Still to be more tested...

The car handling looks better overall, but is different if you are in time-trial or in race. Strange ...

I'm also getting duplicate cars;

I have a wishful thinking of getting new cars or tracks when Asia/Oceania starts, next sunday I suppose.

Overall, I dont regret buying a new console and a new wheel, only for GT.

5. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

How the game feels now I'd be gutted if that was the situation I was in. Then again a purchase of AC, PCars 1 & 2 would soon sort that out and make it more than worthwhile.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  6. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Not sure if the new near third person cam is causing it but the shadow quality while playing is jaggy.

[​IMG]

Edit: It could've been the same since 1.05 (didn't use chase cam) but it's something that needs to be fixed.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  7. alucard0712

alucard0712

Shadow quality (resolution) in GTS is worse than ANY previous GT. GT5P->GT5----->GT6---->GTS
    That's why cockpit view is so dull.

sems4arsenal, silverman_GT and usmaan like this.
  8. Coiler

Coiler

It was bad and its even worse now. I think they use some kind of blur on the ground and by that it lost it sharpens- I even went trough my tv setup if I didn't put any noise filtering ON.

sems4arsenal likes this.
  9. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Weirdly it is fine during replays.

10. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Mine had weird cracks and lost sounds, even on menus restarting game didn't solve, cleared cache and restarted game again and sounds started to work.
    Logitech FFB is still making game "broken", it rattles on all FFB settings way too much when it tries to produce understeer clipping from tires, too sharp FFB engine direction changes.

Serialf, Firehuntah and Johnnypenso like this.
  11. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Same issue with the T300 but I can live with it. Try lowering the FFB torque setting.

12. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Finally been using cockpit view after they allowed us to change the camera position, well done PDI. I noticed some strange things going on in the mirrors, black flashing blocks. Was it like this before or only since 1.06?

dimassa19 likes this.
  13. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Tried all possible combinations, no help, it just do to sharp edge direction transition to FFB motors, or "wrong" sync between motors.
    Left bug report already, and put small bet for hotfix before weekend or Monday.
    Lapping AC until it's fixed.. :/

VBR and Firehuntah like this.
  14. CrazyJohn

CrazyJohn

Oh god everything is just understeering after the update, i've tried 20 different setups on the TT but nothing helped at all. Any ideas?

15. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

It's a good start but they are at 1 on a scale to 10 in terms of adjutability.

16. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Maybe there's multiple Translator-Sans present at the same track at the same time?

17. jagenigma

jagenigma

What? I only have a thrustmaster t150, it doesn't have that

That's too much of an investment unfortunately.

Serialf likes this.
  18. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Something I'me getting concerned about. We've only had 3 categories in the beta and 2 of them have 1 or 2 cars that are significantly better than the others (EVO/TT for N300 and GTRs for GR.4). GR3 is generally fine but that is something that needs to be addressed mainly for the manufacturers cup.

Johnnypenso and Elitekilla29 like this.
  19. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Yeah, BOP is a huge issue in the game right now. If they can't get it right the whole idea of the game falls on it's backside IMO.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Johnnypenso and sems4arsenal like this.
  20. Haitauer

Haitauer

I think we could stop talking about vacuum cleaners. That said Yes its still a bit overly digitized and mid/high revs should have more dynamic, but it really has nothing to do with vacuums. We really should try to give more precise feedback than that.

Something i came to think of is the kind of "moan" that changes frequency and therefore volume several times from low to high revs. That could bring more dynamic to the sound. Its hard to describe, but in short i mean the pitch of the sound shouldn't change linearly but rather in waves as revs go up/down. And many sounds could still be a bit more raw/tear.

And i think theres a bit too much of backfire all the time, but i take it rather than none.

21. Castrol96

Castrol96

You'll notice some changes with the track details...

22. Haitauer

Haitauer

Yes that is some funky effect that i assume is a bug. Someone with access please report?

.. Try braking earlier? :lol: and ease brake off before turning as even abs will understeer when braking with full pressure.

Serialf and mrnascar242424 like this.
  23. trustjab

trustjab

One thing is for certain, Blue Moon is a lot slower (on GR.3's at least) now! No more skirting the high line of the final turn at 275, 280kmh. You will hit the wall going that fast.

24. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Yep, no way I can carry the same speed as before the update. Wonder if that's the Aero Model or less tire grip.

Elitekilla29 and Lord Kacperov like this.
  25. Haitauer

Haitauer

I brought this up yesterday, but can anyone confirm that replay angles are now fixed meaning there is only one and always the same angle for each point of the track? If so its really a step backwards.. :indiff:

26. GordonS

GordonS

Tested it at Brands H. Only one angle. But hey, it's the beta. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  27. ItsAllAboutWins

ItsAllAboutWins

It may be a beta but how much of the GT 6 academy demo transferred to GT6 release? Better to report every single thing you can do it doesn't sneak into launch then get complained about there.

28. Haitauer

Haitauer

Wondering if adding off track objects and aliasing made them do some compromises with the replay angles.. :guilty:

Edit:
    Nope - Nurburgring still has dynamic angles. Just that they seem to loose the car from view all too often. Could someone with access to the forum kindly report this?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  29. GordonS

GordonS

Oh, I would if I could. Still no access to the forums.

OdeFinn and ItsAllAboutWins like this.
  30. Outspacer

Outspacer

Looks like all the EU quali times have been reverted to whatever we had on Wednesday morning, pre-1.06 :(