Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

• Thread starter akira3d
  • 415 comments
When zooming in the replays it stays zoomed in and fades away in a more natural manner rather than zoom out when you release triangle (will need to test this further).

Also I think there is a better IQ overall now and maybe new replay angles at Blue Moon.

I haven't played in a couple weeks but I fired up the update last night. I can't tell exactly what they did but they've made an already graphically beautiful game look even better.
I'd like to see a wider zoom adjustment in the cockpit view but I'm happy to see a feature I requested in the tester forums make it into the beta. They could go a step further and make cockpit view adjustments save with different settings per car but that maybe asking for too much.
I think there may be still some work to be done on driving physics and sounds but the improvement is noticeable over 1.05

A few strange impressions I got from this new version so far that I would like to share with you:

In N300 time-trial the car behaves different, maybe less gripy, less tolerant on the edges of the track but my best time in Nurb was the same I had before - 8.39.XXX with the Audi TT - (slow, I know, but thats me :)); also the tune has not changed. Its odd, something should have changed ...

My volume on the TV sound was 21/22 for years. Now I have to put it on 4X (the double) in order to ear the same engine level of sound (bumper view). When racing, the other cars sound a bit strange (very loud or very quiet). Still to be more tested...

The car handling looks better overall, but is different if you are in time-trial or in race. Strange ...

I'm also getting duplicate cars;

I have a wishful thinking of getting new cars or tracks when Asia/Oceania starts, next sunday I suppose.

Overall, I dont regret buying a new console and a new wheel, only for GT.

Overall, I dont regret buying a new console and a new wheel, only for GT.
How the game feels now I'd be gutted if that was the situation I was in. Then again a purchase of AC, PCars 1 & 2 would soon sort that out and make it more than worthwhile.

Not sure if the new near third person cam is causing it but the shadow quality while playing is jaggy.

DBPdJqkXgAQpYUN.jpg:large

Edit: It could've been the same since 1.05 (didn't use chase cam) but it's something that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Not sure if the new near third person cam is causing it but the shadow quality while playing is jaggy.

DBPdJqkXgAQpYUN.jpg:large

Edit: It could've been the same since 1.05 (didn't use chase cam) but it's something that needs to be fixed.
It was bad and its even worse now. I think they use some kind of blur on the ground and by that it lost it sharpens- I even went trough my tv setup if I didn't put any noise filtering ON.

It was bad and its even worse now. I think they use some kind of blur on the ground and by that it lost it sharpens- I even went trough my tv setup if I didn't put any noise filtering ON.

Weirdly it is fine during replays.

When racing, the other cars sound a bit strange (very loud or very quiet). Still to be more tested...

Mine had weird cracks and lost sounds, even on menus restarting game didn't solve, cleared cache and restarted game again and sounds started to work.
Logitech FFB is still making game "broken", it rattles on all FFB settings way too much when it tries to produce understeer clipping from tires, too sharp FFB engine direction changes.

Mine had weird cracks and lost sounds, even on menus restarting game didn't solve, cleared cache and restarted game again and sounds started to work.
Logitech FFB is still making game "broken", it rattles on all FFB settings way too much when it tries to produce understeer clipping from tires, too sharp FFB engine direction changes.

Same issue with the T300 but I can live with it. Try lowering the FFB torque setting.

Finally been using cockpit view after they allowed us to change the camera position, well done PDI. I noticed some strange things going on in the mirrors, black flashing blocks. Was it like this before or only since 1.06?

Same issue with the T300 but I can live with it. Try lowering the FFB torque setting.
Tried all possible combinations, no help, it just do to sharp edge direction transition to FFB motors, or "wrong" sync between motors.
Left bug report already, and put small bet for hotfix before weekend or Monday.
Lapping AC until it's fixed.. :/

Oh god everything is just understeering after the update, i've tried 20 different setups on the TT but nothing helped at all. Any ideas?

Finally been using cockpit view after they allowed us to change the camera position, well done PDI. I noticed some strange things going on in the mirrors, black flashing blocks. Was it like this before or only since 1.06?
It's a good start but they are at 1 on a scale to 10 in terms of adjutability.

Something I'me getting concerned about. We've only had 3 categories in the beta and 2 of them have 1 or 2 cars that are significantly better than the others (EVO/TT for N300 and GTRs for GR.4). GR3 is generally fine but that is something that needs to be addressed mainly for the manufacturers cup.

Something I'me getting concerned about. We've only had 3 categories in the beta and 2 of them have 1 or 2 cars that are significantly better than the others (EVO/TT for N300 and GTRs for GR.4). GR3 is generally fine but that is something that needs to be addressed mainly for the manufacturers cup.
Yeah, BOP is a huge issue in the game right now. If they can't get it right the whole idea of the game falls on it's backside IMO.

Last edited:
Adding exhaust flames on top of a vacuum cleaner doesn't make the vacuum cleaner sound good cowboy

I did 2 laps of the ring, plus a bit, for 26.1 miles, and it wasn't quite enough. Maybe they've fixed it to be 26.219 miles rather than 26 (or 42.195 km rather than 42), or maybe it always was. Anyway, doing a bit more got me a car, and the time zone trick still works. I just got duplicates though, in the same order as before.

Where did you guys buy your vacuum cleaners? I wanna a V10 one.

I think we could stop talking about vacuum cleaners. That said Yes its still a bit overly digitized and mid/high revs should have more dynamic, but it really has nothing to do with vacuums. We really should try to give more precise feedback than that.

Something i came to think of is the kind of "moan" that changes frequency and therefore volume several times from low to high revs. That could bring more dynamic to the sound. Its hard to describe, but in short i mean the pitch of the sound shouldn't change linearly but rather in waves as revs go up/down. And many sounds could still be a bit more raw/tear.

And i think theres a bit too much of backfire all the time, but i take it rather than none.

it rattles on all FFB settings way too much when it tries to produce understeer clipping from tires, too sharp FFB engine direction changes

Yes that is some funky effect that i assume is a bug. Someone with access please report?

Oh god everything is just understeering after the update, i've tried 20 different setups on the TT but nothing helped at all. Any ideas?

.. Try braking earlier? :lol: and ease brake off before turning as even abs will understeer when braking with full pressure.

When zooming in the replays it stays zoomed in and fades away in a more natural manner rather than zoom out when you release triangle (will need to test this further).

Also I think there is a better IQ overall now and maybe new replay angles at Blue Moon.
I brought this up yesterday, but can anyone confirm that replay angles are now fixed meaning there is only one and always the same angle for each point of the track? If so its really a step backwards.. :indiff:

I brought this up yesterday, but can anyone confirm that replay angles are now fixed meaning there is only one and always the same angle for each point of the track? If so its really a step backwards.. :indiff:
Tested it at Brands H. Only one angle. But hey, it's the beta. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Tested it at Brands H. Only one angle. But hey, it's the beta. So I wouldn't worry too much.
It may be a beta but how much of the GT 6 academy demo transferred to GT6 release? Better to report every single thing you can do it doesn't sneak into launch then get complained about there.

Yes there are 53M PS4s in the wild, but with new titles, especially exclusives, there are many more to be sold. And GT is a very well-known exclusive title. I think it'll move quite a bit of consoles despite coming 4 years after the launch of PS4.

It may be a beta but how much of the GT 6 academy demo transferred to GT6 release? Better to report every single thing you can do it doesn't sneak into launch then get complained about there.

Wondering if adding off track objects and aliasing made them do some compromises with the replay angles.. :guilty:

Edit:
Nope - Nurburgring still has dynamic angles. Just that they seem to loose the car from view all too often. Could someone with access to the forum kindly report this?

Last edited:
Back