COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
haha I take care of everything I own. I got the 60gb at launch and GT5 is allegedly the PS3 killer. How dare you call your beloved PS's fat! :lol:

It's a shame. Now that GT is reaching the "true" simulation title, we don't have the tracks from the past that were used the most efficiently for testing.

yeahh it's a massive shame is miss so much:
Test course :bowdown:
Seattle Circuit :bowdown:
Complex string :bowdown:
and so many more (wrote that cause i forgot the rest :))

I don't have Gran Turismo 3, I have never played it, and I started to like cars with GT4. Actually, I discovered this track today, but it looks so freaking awesome and fun!! I love its shape and its curves, it's a real art piece. My vote goes to "I want it".

I remember this track. On one of the corners if you hit the wall at speed hard enough with any car, you could go off track and your car would drive into endless space. It was funny. LOL!

That track was bonkers.

It was neat, but I'm going to have to go with the "I'd rather have more real world tracks" option that isn't there. Still, remodeling this track would likely take far less effort on PD's part than completely modeling a whole new track.

I never drove it, but the thought of throwing a few muscle cars around makes me want it. And more tracks the better anyhow.

Hehe, Imagine driving on this track 15 laps online with 15 other drivers. My hands would probably short -circuit the remote from sweating so much.:lol:

I don't have Gran Turismo 3, I have never played it, and I started to like cars with GT4. Actually, I discovered this track today, but it looks so freaking awesome and fun!! I love its shape and its curves, it's a real art piece. My vote goes to "I want it".

bumper alert.

I would rather have real world life tracks such as Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America and OLD Hockenheimring( i know that has been said many times, but i just miss that track so much)

i hope we dont get a draq strip in the two new tracks that are possibly coming and i dont understand the appeal of drag racing either.

kinda Offtopic: Why cant PD add the old monza track with the oval, i mean the oval is already there?

Would be great as a inside track to the test course oval, kind of like how Daytona, Indy and LeMans are configured. Be able to use them separate or a combined Super Test Course where all test can be done on 1 track. :)

i dont understand the appeal of drag racing either.

Drag racing, in real life, with a legitimately fast vehicle is a lot of fun. Operating something that can do a 1/4 mile in the 10's or faster is a great adrenaline rush.

But I don't feel that this translates well into a video game. I'd get bored quick.

I would rather have real world life tracks such as Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America and OLD Hockenheimring( i know that has been said many times, but i just miss that track so much)

i hope we dont get a draq strip in the two new tracks that are possibly coming and i dont understand the appeal of drag racing either.

kinda Offtopic: Why cant PD add the old monza track with the oval, i mean the oval is already there?

Maybe because that isn't part of the deal for the Monza license, also those tracks need a license, and there are plenty of games that offer them for now until GT can get them. Complex String is an original track and a good one at that because any scenario you'll find on real world tracks you'll find on GT complex string.

What's wrong with a Drag strip and drag racing? It is a form of racing and has been around for quite sometime, the appeal is trying to be faster and shaving off time, just like a very mini version of a time trial. Yet it's all about speed, reaction and setup.

Drag racing, in real life, with a legitimately fast vehicle is a lot of fun. Operating something that can do a 1/4 mile in the 10's or faster is a great adrenaline rush.

But I don't feel that this translates well into a video game. I'd get bored quick.

Maybe nobody has really nailed that sensation quite right. Then again, not many developers seemed to have really attempted to make a game of Drag racing at all let alone one that is not in the slightest sense accurate.

I for sure want it back 100% 👍 Maybe for the March DLC with the cars, this track will come with them I hope. :) Should look exactly like the one from GT3, just newer if possible. Unless they're saving it for the GT Classic Track Pack with Pikes Peak in it. :D

TokoTurismo
I for sure want it back 100% 👍 Maybe for the March DLC with the cars, this track will come with them I hope. :) Should look exactly like the one from GT3, just newer if possible. Unless they're saving it for the GT Classic Track Pack with Pikes Peak in it. :D

Let's hope so.
I remember driving on it back in GT3, but I can't remember what it was like. :)
The track looks awesome though - great place to tune your cars and practice your technique.

I certainly wouldn't refuse the option of having it, but I don't think we will ever have the chance.

Considering the variety of corners on offer I think this should have been one of the very first sets of DLC on offer imo. Has got to be one of the best "shakedown" tracks in the series.

Back