Confess!!!

I had a huge garage of totally gonzo cars before I had my international B license because I kept grinding the easy Capri rally and selling the Toyota you get for winning over and over again until I had amassed a pile of wealth comparable to that of a turn of the century steel baron.

Where to start?

I've never finished the game and yet I've restarted five times...

I use the AI as brakes (accidentally sometimes on purpose when the red mist drops, I seriously feel so guilty about this that after hitting someone I'll pull back behind them or wait for them to get back on track-sometimes..)

I sometimes sandbag in qualifying with a very fast car so I can have the pleasure of blasting past the other cars into the first corner ( I can just imagine them shaking their fists at me, 'I knew it, I knew it'. :) Especially with a standing start, AWD car and nitrous.

Actually showing up to a race with a grossly overpowered car-I'd like to apologise again for turning up to the Sunday Cup with my 911hp GT-R....

In gt3 I have entered my 1000bhp zonda into the sunday cup superspeedway probably over a hundred times just because I was bored. It was fun slowing down then they try to overtake you and then you just go into lightspeed mode and pull away shouting "next time maybe sucker, enjoy your 2 digit top speed" at them. Good times :)

I just lost 1150 or so Aspec by forgetting to save. I actually yelled at an 11yo kid for putting a FIFA disk in, then I reset the PS2 instead of putting the GT4 disk in, which could have saved the points. Feels bad, man.

^Ouch!! Sadly, I've done this same thing. Not lost 1000pts :grumpy:, but I did the Nurb 4hr enduro for 200pts with a used RX7 on N3's; finished the race (and won), saved the replay and started watching TV for awhile. Forgot that I hadn't saved the game yet and turned the PS2 off when I shut all the electronics down for the night. Doh!!

At least I got to redo the Nurb enduro again, for more than just the fun of it. I still have the replay of the first race, but not the second. Seemed like that was appropriate.

Since my wife and I have no children, I blame my dog for the matter. If he didn't look so peaceful sleeping by the fireplace, I wouldn't have felt as tired as I did and would have had a go at another race, thus remembering to save my game. :sly: Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
I won the Formula GT without winning all races. And did it in B-Spec. I won first ten races, then for the last 5 I had to push the car that was in second in the point standings into last place, then quit.
I also started the game 5 different times and picked a new car every time. On the last try I got 100%. Then threw my PS2 away. Not the game.
I also never played GT3. I've owned it (twice) but never got to. Played GT1 GT2 GT4 GT5P Tourist Trophy but not GT3.

Sometimes for fun, i enter a Falcon Xr8(quite possibly the most frustrating race car in the series) with s1 tires into street car only endurance races to see how I would do.

Really makes you appreciate the worse cars in the game A LOT more.

When I was first starting out on GT4 (Couple days or so when I got it), I couldn't beat the very first driving mission...:guilty: Also, when I first started out, I'd overkill everything, along with that I used cheat codes for the game when I first got it as well.:scared:

Lol..this thread bumped back up. So embarrassing :embarrassed:

I'M confessing I haven't touched GT4 sim mode in about 2 months. Can't get excited about it. Was playing along day after day week after week...all the sudden I lost interest right in the middle of a race series!

Maybe I'm bored? Maybe I'm just waiting for GT5? Dunno!

Last edited:
I just wanna take part in this thread :) so I confess that

...I gave up on GT4 after having installed a rollcage that destroyed all good driving characteristics my Subaru Impreza had. I had put all my money into that car for a long time and it was totally destroyed by that goddamn rollcage that was impossible to uninstall :ouch:.

Edit: But I will get back to it end of August because then I will only have my PS2. My PS3 on which I used to race F1CE will be moving and my PC on which I play GTR2 and Race On will also move.

Last edited:
First car I purchased with my hard-earned (uploaded) GT3 credits; the awesome Caterham 7, which I very quickly found was not eligible for just about any race. That would have been enough, but then the first real race car I bought, for 500,000cr? The Auto Union v16 Type C Streamline, which again is not usable in any race:ouch:.

I"M confessing I haven't touched GT4 sim mode in about 2 months. Can't get excited about it. Was playing along day after day week after week...all the sudden I lost interest right in the middle of a race series!

Maybe I'm bored? Maybe I'm just waiting for GT5? Dunno!
Here Here.

On the second last lap of super speedway 150 miles, I ran out of gas, had to do a pit stop, and it cost me the win.

On the europe classic car race, I used a jaguar e-type, and if there was an AC 427 as one of the opponents, I abandoned the race and tried again. I did the same on the regular classic car race. I had a chevelle SS and I abandoned if there was an AC, a Mercury Cougar, or a Buick Special.

I am re-finishing GT4 in as little time, real life days, as possible. For special conditions, I use the Susuki Escudo for off-road and the F1 for tarmac. Also, I entered the Silver Arrows at Mercedes with my C9 race car.

I confess that I did the same race HUNDREDS of times in my SVT Cobra to get Credits.

The easiest Sunday cup race there was.

:(

All my saves for any GT game with the exception of gt4 were copied from my friends who had more patience than myself and i transferred money from a gt3 file but i have never actually owned gt3 (although i did earn the gt3 lisences fair and square:)). Also I have never played any Gran Turismo with a wheel.

All of them.

I've never finished a coffee break license test, other than a couple half-hearted attempts. :)

No point, useless task...get out of my way and let me have fun.

I have never finished Mission 34 cleanly.

I did it about 10 times, and became tired of waiting with nothing to do (flip channels, fold laundry, let the dogs out)...not the failing. See above.

I sometimes make passing moves that cause contact with AI because they're stupid. Even when I know it'll happen.

Since the original GT, I take every advantage, and if the AI brakes too early or too late, it's not my fault. I don't want to hit them, but sometimes I do have brain fade. I do retaliate if hit, so it's the AI's problem to deal with on the last lap; usually they do not strike first. It's just a game.

I had a huge garage of totally gonzo cars before I had my international B license because I kept grinding the easy Capri rally and selling the Toyota you get for winning over and over again until I had amassed a pile of wealth comparable to that of a turn of the century steel baron.

I also confess that I've rarely bothered to properly tune many of the cars in GT4 (and very few in GT3), compared to GT2: Tighten the dampers, lower the car, a little toe change, auto-change the gearing to the longest straight, and that's about it. If I still didn't like the car, I'd usually abandon it for something faster; unless it was my stupid driving that killed the mood. The internalized truth is, having 800 cars in the game makes it very easy to give in to my impatience. I can only imagine with an upcoming game having even more cars, it will become even more compelling to give up sooner.

To amass A-spec points, I'd slap on a lot of weight, modify everything that wasn't engine related, and get cracking on the competition. I know that makes some of you bristle, but it's just a game.

When I got GT3 I didn't know that there was such a thing as 'Gran Turismo Mode'. When I heard someone talking about it I checked it out. I didn't like it.

I've owned every GT version with the exception of GTHD. That's playing the GT Series since 1998. And I always play Auto. That's something to be ashamed of. :guilty:

After years of practice, I'm still horrible in a Ruf BTR and CTR Yellowbird around Nurburgring. I have difficulty recovering from quick transitions and the larger bumps.

:censored:multiple confessions. i've finished the game, and am trying again to get all PAL cars,and am at 71%.

Can't drive manual tranmission. (just like real life)

just started to adjust the driving aids

i do the Fuji 2005 F1 race because it is the only f1 course in the game i can consistantly drive quickly.

i can only stand (put up with) the rally races by monstering them with a 80's rally car (i use the peugot 205)

i constantly shred my rear tyres. can't balance my tyre wear evenly, so i have to use strong front brakes, weak rears

(therapist:sir, your time is up...
...me: bugger)

Hey, some of you may be shocked to know I race with an auto-tranny, too, maybe 10% of the time. Depends which "driver" I'm playing as I race though. :crazy: Some of them can't drive a stick, you see.

I also use automatics in any car that only has an auto in real-life (Ford Taurus SHO or Jaguar S-type, for instance).

Last edited:
Used B-spec for most of the Endurance races, for the ones where B-spec bob was too slow, i drove the car into a major lead and then let bob drive. The AI of the game is generally very slow, so you can gain a huge advantage in just a couple of laps, often enough for bob to win without an issue.

To be fair, im not really embaressed about this, trying to drive 24h of nurburgring or lemans is just madness.

To be fair, im not really embaressed about this, trying to drive 24h of nurburgring or lemans is just madness.

I would agree, I've never done these 24 hour races, not because I don't want to, but because without all the variables (sun going down/coming back up, weather, no busted parts, etc) and with just 6 cars on the track, I couldn't imagine doing 24 hours.

Hey, some of you may be shocked to know I race with an auto-tranny, too, maybe 10% of the time. Depends which "character" I'm playing as I race though. :crazy: Some of them can't drive a stick, you see.

I also use automatics in any car that only has an auto in real-life (Ford Taurus SHO or Jaguar S-type, for instance).

What do you do for the Cube? It has a cvt i.e. no gears.

What do you do for the Cube? It has a cvt i.e. no gears.
In GT4 it does has gears, however the name says it's the trim with CVT.
BTW-Cars W/CVT : Honda Fit, Toyota Prius, Mitsubishi Colt and Mitsubishi "I".
If someone knows of another car with CVT, let me know(i love to stay in the power band always with these cars).

In GT4 it does has gears, however the name says it's the trim with CVT.
BTW-Cars W/CVT : Honda Fit, Toyota Prius, Mitsubishi Colt and Mitsubishi "I".
If someone knows of another car with CVT, let me know(i love to stay in the power band always with these cars).

That was kinda my point. oh and both prius's have cvt in game but it act like the c1 vette 2spd trans.

The worst thing I've ever done is... well... numerous things.:guilty:
-Spam the Coasta Di Amalfi easy races for money by selling the RSC Rally Car when I wated money to upgrade a car (I still do this to this day.:nervous:)
-Driving Mission 34. Did it by corner cutting.
-Bring a Spoon Civic to the Civic Race (Back when I was a noob.)
-Event 4 of the Speedster Trophy. Ran into the back of the leading Speedster Turbo at Turn 11 (the hairpin) to win.
-Bought a Skyline to start with once I ported the money from GT3, then realising I didn't need it at the time once I beat the I-A license and got the 270R Silvia
-Bought cars from a different gamesave of GT4, not realising it didn't give the other gamesave any money.

Back