Confession Booth

• Thread starter ash6660
  • 4,154 comments
I went and cross-referenced the IMDB Top 250 for each.

Things I've never watched:

TV
The Sopranos
Game Of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Battlestar Galactica
The IT Crowd
Sons Of Anarchy
Supernatural
Deadwood
The West Wing
The Wire
Mad Men
Sherlock
Batman: The Animated Series
Fargo
Black Mirror
Twin Peaks
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The Mandalorian
Arrested Development
House Of Cards
The X-Files
Archer
Dexter
Making A Murderer
Boardwalk Empire
Shameless
Hannibal
Samurai Jack

Film

Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
Inception
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Seven
The Green Mile
Interstellar
Parasite
Leon
The Usual Suspects
American History X
Psycho
City Lights
The Departed
Untouchable
Casablanca
Alien
Apocolypse Now
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Joker
Wall-E
Once Upon A Time In America
Aliens
Braveheart
Inglourious Basterds
Vertigo
Citizen Kane
North By Northwest
Snatch
A Clockwork Orange
Taxi Driver
Lawrence Of Arabia
For A Few Dollars More
To Kill A Mockingbird
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
LA Confidential
Green Book
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Some Like It Hot
The Wolf Of Wall Street
The Great Gatsby
The Revenant
Raging Bull
V For Vendetta
No Country For Old Men
Trainspotting
Gone With The Wind
Kill Bill
Bridge On The River Kwai
The Deer Hunter
The Big Lebowski
Le Mans
Mad Max
Mr Smith Goes To Washington
Ben Hur
Cool Hand Luke
Platoon
Monty Python's Life Of Brian
Hotel Rwanda
The Princess Bridge
Every MCU film except Ultron, Infinity War and Endgame
Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Karate Kid
Muppets Christmas Carol
Tron
Any film with Jeff Bridges in it

And that's just the famous things on those lists, in addition to other well-known stuff.

Last edited:
You are missing out on some properly good films there @Liquid.

I know tastes vary, but if I had to pick 10 that I'd suggest are must see...

Shawshank Redemption
Leon
The Usual Suspects
Apocolypse Now
Taxi Driver
LA Confidential
Raging Bull
Trainspotting

I went and cross-referenced the IMDB Top 250 for each.

TV
The Sopranos
Game Of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Battlestar Galactica
The IT Crowd
Sons Of Anarchy
Supernatural
Deadwood
The West Wing
The Wire
Mad Men
Sherlock
Batman: The Animated Series
Fargo
Black Mirror
Twin Peaks
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The Mandalorian
Arrested Development
House Of Cards
The X-Files
Archer
Dexter
Making A Murderer
Boardwalk Empire
Shameless
Hannibal
Samurai Jack

Film

Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
Inception
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Seven
The Green Mile
Interstellar
Parasite
Leon
The Usual Suspects
American History X
Psycho
City Lights
The Departed
Untouchable
Casablanca
Alien
Apocolypse Now
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Joker
Wall-E
Once Upon A Time In America
Aliens
Braveheart
Inglourious Basterds
Vertigo
Citizen Kane
North By Northwest
Snatch
A Clockwork Orange
Taxi Driver
Lawrence Of Arabia
For A Few Dollars More
To Kill A Mockingbird
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
LA Confidential
Green Book
Some Like It Hot
The Wolf Of Wall Street
The Great Gatsby
The Revenant
Raging Bull
V For Vendetta
No Country For Old Men
Trainspotting
Gone With The Wind
Kill Bill
Bridge On The River Kwai
The Deer Hunter
The Big Lebowski
Le Mans
Mad Max
Mr Smith Goes To Washington
Ben Hur
Cool Hand Luke
Platoon
Hotel Rwanda
The Princess Bridge
Every MCU film except Ultron, Infinity War and Endgame
Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Karate Kid
Muppets Christmas Carol
Tron
Any film with Jeff Bridges in it

And that's just the famous things on those lists, in addition to other well-known stuff.

People who have not seen any of these video are my wife and her sibling/parents

They are just not cultured, or interested in learning more about anything else... They are boring people who think way too practically...

I am not saying it is the same situation for you, but they are so culturally and socially boring...

What I would suggest you watching at least:
In this order too

The West Wing
The Last Kingdom
Marco Polo
Cobra Kai
Batman the Animated Series

Narcos (violent but great)
House of Cards
Twin Peaks
Breaking Bad (violent but great)
Better Call Saul (Good)

I haven't watch the rest of the listed series, so I cannot recommend.

For Films
V for Vendetta is a great movie
I have seen most (not all) of the listed movies and all of them are great, you just cannot go wrong there...
Watch them all.

And if you still have some time:
Mandolorian
Xfiles

Last edited:
5 years on and I still do this.
I'm 23. Though I don't now with my current room layout (switched 9 months ago), I used to sleep with several stuffed animals on my headboard.

Continuing the trend:

I've never watched more than half of a single Harry Potter movie & I'd rather have teeth pulled than do so.

I'm the same. However, I'm now reading the books to my 7 year old and (other than the stupid Quidditch bits) I'm really enjoying them.

I am not challenged at my work, causing me to become distracted with other hobbies such as browsing GTP on my phone.

On the more serious side of it, I often go into work with little sleep for prime shifts that require the most effort and do them half-assed better than any of the other part time employee does with maximum effort.

This is what happens when management gives you no incentive to try.

Last edited:
I am not challenged at my work, causing me to become distracted with other hobbies such as browsing GTP on my phone.

On the more serious side of it, I often go into work with little sleep for prime shifts that require the most effort and do them half-assed better than any of the other part time employee does with maximum effort.

This is what happens when management gives you no incentive to try.

They don't want you to become better than them....

I subscribed to Logan Paul on YouTube for one week AND liked his diss-track about his brother. Ugh.

I don’t know who he is but I feel mildly irritated by people with first names as their family name.

In my military service time I had a platoon sergeant with a first-name family name, unfortunately one very similar to his actual first name-. Boy that was confusing the first couple days - and mixing them up wasn't a good idea. We got that drilled into our heads. :scared:

I run into a similar problem at work too, I have many international business contacts and especially the names of the eastern European and Turkish contacts confuse the heck out of me, I can never tell which name is first name and family name, they both sound equally alien to me. :crazy: Their signature/heading does not help either, some contacts place their family name first (as they should) but some do it the other way around. AAHHH!

Last edited:
I got beaten at a stop light and then out-cornered by a...Hyundai Accent.

Can I use the excuse it was 4:45am? Maybe?

The Princess Bridge

You'll have a hard time crossing that one.

I often times put my head down and walk straight to my area, or exit when entering and leaving my workplace specifically to avoid people asking how I am when they literally don't care how I'm doing. It's filler small talk that bothers the crap out of me.

The word "kiki" has a very specific meaning in my family so the previous post was a bit offputting to me.:embarrassed:

It's a cute "innocent" term given for ladies functional bits that the kids could use. The sis would always gush over how adorable her baby daughter was running around, pointing down and with a giggle yelling "Kiki!"

It's a cute "innocent" term given for ladies functional bits that the kids could use. The sis would always gush over how adorable her baby daughter was running around, pointing down and with a giggle yelling "Kiki!"
Oh, I'm cute and innocent.

:D

When the first LotR movie came out, I shaved my feet because I wanted hairy hobbit feet and I thought shaving them would promote growth.

If someone has hairless feet, the blood circulation in the lower extremities is not optimal. You always have a few hairs on big toes for instance.

If someone has hairless feet, the blood circulation in the lower extremities is not optimal. You always have a few hairs on big toes for instance.

I do actually have rather poor circulation in my feet. My ankles are very skinny. There are a few hairs on my toes and a few on the top of my foot, but nothing noticeable. Most of my body is pretty hairless anyway, apart from the obvious parts.

I do actually have rather poor circulation in my feet. My ankles are very skinny. There are a few hairs on my toes and a few on the top of my foot, but nothing noticeable. Most of my body is pretty hairless anyway, apart from the obvious parts.
I have even less than that.

If I was to do a foot follicle stocktake, the number would be lower than 20 in total. I only have a few hairs on each foot on top of the toes closest to the big toe. That's it.

My poor brother is the one that received the follicle gene from my father. Shoulder hair, back hair & chest hair in volumes you could comb :scared: :yuck:

I have even less than that.

If I was to do a foot follicle stocktake, the number would be lower than 20 in total. I only have a few hairs on each foot on top of the toes closest to the big toe. That's it.

My poor brother is the one that received the follicle gene from my father. Shoulder hair, back hair & chest hair in volumes you could comb :scared: :yuck:

I don’t mind being hairless. My chest is like a baby’s bum, the hair on my arms is fair and also my legs aren’t overly hairy.
I do occasionally pluck long black hairs from my nipples because they look odd.

Well, didn't expect to confess this... But here we are talking about foot hair.

I wear socks 99% of the time. The 1% of the time I'm barefoot for whatever reason I decide not to wear socks, I give the hair on my big toes a small comb over.

Back