Convertible top control

I can't stand the fact I'm unable to use my BMW Z4 Roadster with the top down, that's the only reason I bought it.

They give us the option of having the BMW Z8 with the up or down through the installation of a GT Auto part, I don't understand why they didn't gave us the option of doing the same thing with other convertibles in the game.

They give us the option of having the BMW Z8 with the up or down through the installation of a GT Auto part, I don't understand why they didn't gave us the option of doing the same thing with other convertibles in the game.
Even if Polyphony gave us the option, it would still not be the ideal, mainly if I want to put or remove the top while in the middle of an online lobby. We need the option to be able to put 'n remove the top at anytime, even GTA V got it.

And if the problem is that some cars would need their top to be manually removed or added, then just make it magically appear or disappear like in TDU2.

Bumping, because of GT7. I think this feature should be put into the 'Home' section, instead of in the race section(like in GT3 or GT4) or in GT Auto(like in GT6, for BMW Z8 only). Pressing the Top Up/Top Down in the garage for eligible convertible models would show an animation of a roof going up or down. Convertibles that do not have such options in the garage, such as most classic cars, will receive this option in GT Auto instead, with the GT Auto mechanic putting/taking off the roof for you(in the visual customization section). However, this can also be simplified by putting every convertible roof option for GT Auto only(for automatic roofs, the mechanic will not come for you) Also most modern cars have pop-up rollbars in case of rollovers(which is not simulated in any game so far); It would be wonderful if PD modeled it!

A simple option to raise/lower a convertible's roof in the garage or GT Auto would be good, I agree. I do not, however, think you should have the option to raise/lower it while you're driving.

Last edited:
A simple option to raise/lower a convertible's roof in the garage or GT Auto would be good, I agree. I do not, however, think you should have the option to raise/lower it while you're driving.

We should have the option to control it while driving and even be realistic: Different cars having their real rules about when you can operate the roof, max speed...

Nah, not really necessary, I'm just joking. But I think we could have a pre-race settings option like we had in GT4, where we set whether we want auto or manual, traction control, roof up or down...

I don't mean we should raise/lower the roof while driving. In a majority of modern convertibles, a roll-over bar will pop up if a car rolls over. This feature is not simulated in any game and would be interesting should this be implemented. This has nothing to do with raising or lowering the roof; although this feature is only seen if a car has a pop-up rollover roof(or something similar) and if the car is driving with the roof down(of course, you have to set your roof down elsewhere, such as in GT Auto or in the race menu).

Back