CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
Man I thought I was "cheating" hard when I was racing with the Tomahawk in Sardegna (I know it wasn't the best method but it was relaxing for me), but today after trying Tokyo for the first time I feel dirty. It's on another level. Being able to hit 500kph with a 596PP car makes me laugh.

Last edited:
IMG_9397.JPG
IMG_9396.JPG
IMG_9395.JPG

Just wanted to chime in, but the tunes that have been appearing today, while radically faster were highly unstable and/or slow to turn for me and led to way too many penalties for my liking. So I've combined what I liked about the tune I had from last night (v1.11 - 1.12) with what works from today's bunch of tunes and I have a very similar feeling to what I had last night, while getting 1:14's and 17 minute or less races. Full intermediates only (unfortunately no swap to hard), requires at least fuel map 4 for the whole race, with one pit stop to change tires which I usually do on lap 7. It's slightly off in that the weight does feel a tad different at times, I also tend to NEED to use 7th gear to fully accelerate on the stretch, whereas before I would stick to 6th, and that because of that gear change, it chugs a tad more fuel. I used to do FM4 lap 1-6, FM3 7-10, FM2 on 11, and FM1 on 12, just to try and get new personal bests.

I've done all that I think. I've just been playing with the restrictor and it was jumping between 1200pp to ! , then all of a sudden 574 appeared so that will do me.
You can also try to increase 3rd gear with 0.001 (single click) steps and check PP each step.

So I give you, just in time before the update comes out (with time stamp for proof it’s not just the same pic as before)

1F3C52CC-E5AC-4F7B-9B74-3DD895AAF4F9.jpeg
So I see you maxed out at 100m exactly. Did you actually go over? I spent about 200k last night to allow for one more race to hit the cap. Somehow I still have the leftover cash I didn't spend. Regardless I only need about 20m more to afford every car, incl legendary. It was a fun run with the Tomahawk. Thankfully the grind is over for now and I'll get the rest of the money driving at a much slower pace. :D

Best lap time: 1:03.675
Best race time: 14:41.984

Gran Turismo® 7_20220425021652.jpg

Finally gave this a try today.

This car and this combo is one annoying combination.

Although slower I think it will stick with trying various different cars at the le mans 30 mins, nowhere near as lucrative but much more enjoyable.

Fair play for those who found the tunes to get this to work.

Hold on, this bug still exists? What in the... All you have to do is slightly alter the specs?

aaaaannnnd I'm in!

Took some playing around with ECU, Power Restricter, and Ballast, but managed to get it to 595.xx
A few times I had PP < 600, but when I tried to enter the race, it was not letting me in. I'll post the numbers I came up with in a bit.

First time I tried this on intermediate’s (on a mix of partially a failed RH tune from one YT video with parts of another IM tune from YT). I only did 1 race (with a 3-stop strategy) and a lot of bumps into the walls but I feel I can take this down to a 2-stop strategy and fewer bumps.

First impression from the IM tires compared to being used to dozens of RH races pre-1.13 is that the first lap is ooh-so-much-easier-and-faster on IM compared to RH. I also get a lot more wheelspin, I guess that‘s the reduced grip from the IMs. So I’ll need to manage the throttle a bit more rather than the reckless flat out behaviour I did before. And it’ a also a tiny bit more difficult to get into 4th gear if you dropped below it (I race on automatic transmission). Ill see how that progresses, maybe I’ll give manual a try but im really lazy when it comes down to farming. 😅 For the rest this IM build feels like the car is more powerful, slightly less but still very grippy, and steering is a little bit more sensitive. I think this is just the getting used to stage, as that earlier RH tune was also a struggle in the beginning.

Anyway, im actually pretty glad they failed to patch this. I probably don’t use this as much as you guys (I basically ignore every car on the LCD from 10 mill upwards and only take the ones between 5 & 10 mill that I really want. Most cars below 5 mill I’ll grab. Im also completely ignoring brands central for now, apart from the invitational cars. Not that I mind this much, the classics is where its at for me. 😎

Last edited:
aaaaannnnd I'm in!

Took some playing around with ECU, Power Restricter, and Ballast, but managed to get it to 595.xx
A few times I had PP < 600, but when I tried to enter the race, it was not letting me in. I'll post the numbers I came up with in a bit.
No ballast, just reducing power to 90 for both limiters and changing 1st gear ratio worked for me.

So I see you maxed out at 100m exactly. Did you actually go over? I spent about 200k last night to allow for one more race to hit the cap. Somehow I still have the leftover cash I didn't spend. Regardless I only need about 20m more to afford every car, incl legendary. It was a fun run with the Tomahawk. Thankfully the grind is over for now and I'll get the rest of the money driving at a much slower pace. :D

Best lap time: 1:03.675
Best race time: 14:41.984

View attachment 1142633

Yeah I did the same, I’m quite anal about not wasting credits (the 1million credits roulette prize in my previous post REALLY annoyed me). Took 825k away from 100m (99,175,000) and tried to get as close to that as possible before doing the final tomahawk race, by buying cars. Managed to get to 99,175,7xx (don’t remember the exact number), so I only wasted about 700cr! I know it’s only a few hundred thousand credits ‘saved’, but it never occurred to me that it would still work after the update, so I thought I’d better maximise credits while I still can! I guess we can all listen to Blue Flags while racing after all :D
Got to say though I’m jealous of both your lap times and you having nearly every car. I thought I grinded this a lot!
I seem to set my best lap times when I’m not really paying attention, which is kind of annoying because then I don’t know exactly how I did it. I set my best on the last lap of a race when I didn’t really care and just chucked the car around. Then on the results screen I saw ‘Fastest Lap 1:09.354 Lap 12’ and just stared at it for a minute like wait what?? I know it’s nowhere near as fast as many people. I’m fairly confident I can go a bit faster (anything sub 1:07 almost certainly out of my reach), but the penalties are just not worth the sanity. You never know though, with all these readjusted tunes people are coming up with it may happen!

In the "known issues" blurb for April 25th theres a "Car Settings" point that states the following.

"There have been cases where the maximum Performance Points (PP) do not calculate correctly if the maximum output of the engine is adjusted with a Power Restrictor, or if extreme settings or specific operations are performed on a Fully Customisable Transmission."

They're coming for it again!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hi, there, may I have your permission to post these pics on the OPening Post of this thread so that people can see it right away and not search among all these pages?

Will obviously give you the credit.

EDIT: Posted it on the OP, credit given.
No problem.

In the "known issues" blurb for April 25th theres a "Car Settings" point that states the following.

"There have been cases where the maximum Performance Points (PP) do not calculate correctly if the maximum output of the engine is adjusted with a Power Restrictor, or if extreme settings or specific operations are performed on a Fully Customisable Transmission."

Now we are going to see posts about “its definitely going to be patched by PD” all over again

SS/IM tune in case anybody need.

Actually with RH you still only need to be very careful on T1, T2 on lap 1 and 2 (~100 km/h slide through them very slowly), and brake early on final hairpin.

The new Spa-Francorchamps 1-hour race is really great, highly recommended. (Uh, don't take Tomahawk X to it, use the Gr.1 with legit tune!)
IM tyres wear out way too quick and that means more pit stops, whereas SS only needs one pit stop and has similar grip in the wet.

You guys need to pit for tyres?
I've been doing no-stop on IM.
Yes, they're nearly gone by the end but I feel it teaches me how to cope with worn tyres.
Technique: manual gearbox, straight to 7th at start and don't change gear, tcs to max and fuel to lean.

So, the tune that I've used in the last update still works in the new one... and it makes the car faster. I just set output adjustment in the ECU to 90, power restrictor to 90 and added 1 ballast. It instantly breaks the PP calculation, resulting in 574.82PP. Sure, my PP is a bit higher than it was in the last update, but the car has 2133BHP, almost double the amount from before. I am noticing the fact that I get more penalties this time around however, lol.

You guys need to pit for tyres?
I've been doing no-stop on IM.
Yes, they're nearly gone by the end but I feel it teaches me how to cope with worn tyres.
Technique: manual gearbox, straight to 7th at start and don't change gear, tcs to max and fuel to lean.
It’s the downforce that makes it possible I think. I was doing the Spa 1 hr yesterday and when the tyres really go, at almost full red it’s like Dirt 2.0

In the end PD says...

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Really, they should not be worried. No inconvienence created. 😁

Back