CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
As a refresher, here's the tune I used to use with the Chaparral 2J. My best time was under 24:30, and my best lap was a 1:55. (no pic of those, but I have a pic of a similar run -- 24:34 / 1:56).

3DD1D704-5734-4C37-AB93-7D571AE64805.jpeg

4C01A07B-6EDE-4844-9424-A78C70911F1A.jpeg

Anyway, here are my observations after the latest patch:

1. Nothing in this patch was intended to fix or address the glitched tunes. There were updates to the physics model, which happened to affect these tunes, because the glitched tunes depend on finding certain thresholds in the physics, and the slightly modified physics means the thresholds are in different places.
  2. It is still possible and pretty much just as easy to glitch the Chaparral 2J. It will take me a few days or possibly weeks to find a glitched tune that is as stable as the one i'd been using, though.
  3. Car damage is MUCH MUCH easier to incur. Any very minor bump or rub will wreck the car's handling, ability to steer, and cause it to pull to one side with much greater force than before the patch.
  4. Contrary to some reports, damage to the car does not last longer than before the patch. But since taking damage makes it very hard to avoid walls, any tiny rub will cause additional damage, so it can seem like the punishment takes longer to recover from.
  5. The 2J actually uses SLIGHTLY LESS FUEL than it used to: about 5% - 10% less. It may be possible to do a no-pit run on FM6, need to test.
  6. If anything, the Comfort Medium tires seem to have more grip than they used to, especially when worn.
  7. The tires are showing wear more quickly on the HUD, but grip-wise seem to actually be wearing slower than before the patch. The tire grip model and how it's reflected on-screen has definitely changed and may take a while to fully understand.
  8. Overall, these changes mean the car has the potential to be even FASTER at Tokyo than it was before the patch -- but like I said, it's going to take me some time to find an optimal tune for it.

Having said that, I did find a tune that sort-of works. I want to stress that it's not very good -- it's very unstable on the straights. I am posting it as a potential jumping off point for other people interested in finding an optimal tune for this car. So here it is:

image0 (4).jpeg

With the above tune, I was able to do a 1:57 lap, and could probably pull a 1:55. So the car is definitely no slower than it was. But my overall time was pretty slow, because I incurred several penalties. This isn't a great tune for efficient grinding because of how unstable it is compared to the one I was using. I'll keep looking for a more stable one though, and post again if and when I make progress!

Last edited:
Managed to get the Chaparral 2J back under 600PP(post patch), but something is amiss. You really need to manhandle the car when putting the power down and it's such a struggle, unlike before where it was manageable and still kinda fun. Now, not so much lol. If anyone has a better tune, by all means post it up haha.
Jesus front toe in 1.00 and rear out 0.99?!?! no wonder it drove like a-s-s

Jesus front toe in 1.00 and rear out 0.99?!?! no wonder it drove like a-s-s
It drove great before the patch with similar settings. I was often under 24:30 and i'm a mediocre driver. Hopefully we'll find a good new tune for it soon.

Last edited:
Alpine still works!
All I did to it was max out the downforce and install the Racing Crank Shaft. Now it's at 593 PP and even faster than before!

Proof and setup below:
Random thing I noticed - the naming? Example: referenced a screenshot I took of the tune few weeks back and it shows "Intercooler: Racing Intercooler" and yours (post-update) is "Intercooler: Racing"

Random thing I noticed - the naming? Example: referenced a screenshot I took of the tune few weeks back and it shows "Intercooler: Racing Intercooler" and yours (post-update) is "Intercooler: Racing"
Difference in translations between the US and European versions. Lots of stuff in the tuning menus is different between the two.

I can't believe this, it was the bloody racing crankshaft that's glitching the PP! WTF???🤣
I wish we had a concrete understanding of the PP calculation - for this glitch to work, the rotational G for 150-MPH (3rd one if using metric) needs to be below 0.5ish. That's why when you moved a setting and it would jump up >700PP, the RotG would jump to 1.3+ with the higher the G, the higher the PP.

So what is occurring when a racing crank is added that the RotG for 150-MPH drops back to 0.4ish? I read the concept that it tests car going in a set turning angle with a constant throttle input and recording the G's

The Alpine has become funny, first 2 laps are horrible, when you survive those, then when you even look at the wall it cracks your front bumper for like 10 seconds 🤣, I pitted once for tires and a bit fuel end lap 8 then half of lap 12 I had do drive 100 km/h cause there was NO grip left on thr rears haha, interesting!

? Strange with hyperspeed settings I found it very good, better than before the update, I don know if it is the settings or the physic update but it is faster and seems less slippery for me...

? Strange with hyperspeed settings I found it very good, better than before the update, I don know if it is the settings or the physic update but it is faster and seems less slippery for me...
It has more grip now, hence why it seems to handle better, especially around corners.
Okay, this is the fastest I’ve ever gone. Good set up. I had to pit though. That tyre wear is crazy.
View attachment 1186870
The tyre wear is not reflective of what is displayed onscreen from my observation. Even at 90%+ tyre wear, they still have traction, much more than they did before. Pre-patch, a 50% tyre wear is enough to provoke the car to go sideways around corners.

The Alpine has become funny, first 2 laps are horrible, when you survive those, then when you even look at the wall it cracks your front bumper for like 10 seconds 🤣, I pitted once for tires and a bit fuel end lap 8 then half of lap 12 I had do drive 100 km/h cause there was NO grip left on thr rears haha, interesting!
You just have to nick the wall and the steering goes to ƽɧ💩. 🤣
Even worse for me since this patch my A220 occasionally pulls to the right, as if it has a mind of its own.:banghead::crazy::odd:

Alpine still works!
All I did to it was max out the downforce and install the Racing Crank Shaft. Now it's at 593 PP and even faster than before!

Proof and setup below:
How does it handle compared to before ?

Oh no, I have to restore body rigidity again then, the tune I used before had to increase body rigidity.

Last edited:
Thanks @hyperspeed980 for the tune.
I am not at home so I can't try right now, but what is the strategy now? Two pit stops? Fuel map? Short shifting?
@05XR8 how have you reached that time?

What about assists now? What to use and not to use?

Thanks guys, you are the best!
Sorry for so many questions 😁

You just have to nick the wall and the steering goes to ƽɧ💩. 🤣
Even worse for me since this patch my A220 occasionally pulls to the right, as if it has a mind of its own.:banghead::crazy::odd:
Yeah it's a little different, but did just one time 12 laps, the weekend i'll gridn a few times, i'm sure i will getting used to it again :-)

I'm sure i'll get used to it again, i can't realy tweak something cause i think what hyperspeed did is the only way to get it under PP right now, but i'll take it! haha, after this morning with the mp4/4 etc the account is drained to only 5 mil. so the grind is on! :lol:

Thanks @hyperspeed980 for the tune.
I am not at home so I can't try right now, but what is the strategy now? Two pit stops? Fuel map? Short shifting?
@05XR8 how have you reached that time?

What about assists now? What to use and not to use?

Thanks guys, you are the best!
Sorry for so many questions 😁
I used the settings posted. DS4. TCS off. ABS default. Edit: Fuel 1 all race. Manual gears. At the start, I passed as many cars as possible until the 911. Took care over the rest of the lap. Passed cars again on the straight until reaching the P2 GT-R about half of Lap 2. Passed the NSX before T1 on Lap 3.
My times were about 2:05 and then 2:00. Which I couldn’t believe that early. Then, a 1:59 before catching lapped traffic. I pit Lap 9. Maybe going too fast. I don’t know how people are doing no stop. Maybe the wheel is better than the DS4.

I filled up about .5 Laps(I had about 3.7 laps left) to give me a slight buffer, because of the fresher tyres and increased speed. Set my fastest lap at the finish line.

Last edited:
It has more grip now, hence why it seems to handle better, especially around corners.

The tyre wear is not reflective of what is displayed onscreen from my observation. Even at 90%+ tyre wear, they still have traction, much more than they did before. Pre-patch, a 50% tyre wear is enough to provoke the car to go sideways around corners.
Just to try that theory. It doesn’t work.
1661504256208.png

No rear grip on that left rear. Just touched the wall.
1661504306411.png

That’s why I pit Lap 9 in the first race. If players are making It on the same set of tyres, more power to them.

well, you're likely grazing that wall at over 100 MPH. I can't say i've ever done that in real life, but I don't think it would take much of an impact to damage a real car at those speeds. Also, in real life, most of these cars aren't even equipped with magical nanobots that can repair all damage in about ten seconds. So the game is still being generous.

Last edited:
This new damage model is absolute trash!!! I mean come on, a graze of the wall - like graze not hitting - and half car is red and nearly impossible to drive. I’ve only had time for half a race so far and I think I’ve had penalties on each lap. Infuriating me
Yeah, ¨PD broke the game another time!!!

Alpine still works!

Proof and setup below:
So this doesn't work for me. Ended up with 607pp.

Edit : It works finally, I forgot I had Racing Transmission on lol. Wasted a lot of money restoring the body.

Last edited:
FbFVCUUUsAAVd77.jpeg

So before, it was increasing body rigidity that dropped the PP. Now it's Racing Soft, hilarious.

Putting Race Hards shoots up the PP but Race Soft dropped it down lmao

Sick of the excessive tyre wear model in the new patch?:irked:

I found a tune to fix that issue by running RM tyres. The only change made is +1 on the front anti-roll bar to 6, that's it.
Grip wise, it's essentially the same as RS tyres imo, and didn't notice much of a difference as my lap times were the same.
The advantage with the RM's is that now I can run all the way to 8 or 9 laps before pitting to change fresh rubber and top up on fuel to sprint to the finish.
Enjoy :)
Edit: Also, running RM's seems to have removed the unwanted "wonky" handling since this patch and restored it to the previous handling characteristics pre-patch.🤔 The car feels more stable on RM's.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220826215949.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220826215949.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Sick of the excessive tyre wear model in the new patch?:irked:

I found a tune to fix that issue by running RM tyres. The only change made is +1 on the front anti-roll bar to 6, that's it.
Grip wise, it's essentially the same as RS tyres imo, and didn't notice much of a difference as my lap times were the same.
The advantage with the RM's is that now I can run all the way to 8 or 9 laps before pitting to change fresh rubber and top up on fuel to sprint to the finish.
Enjoy :)
Edit: Also, running RM's seems to have removed the unwanted "wonky" handling since this patch and restored it to the previous handling characteristics pre-patch.🤔 The car feels more stable on RM's.
That is a nice option!, i will try that! thanks.
You guys make our grinding just a little better :D:D:cheers:

That is a nice option!, i will try that! thanks.
You guys make our grinding just a little better :D:D:cheers:
No probs m8 👍.
I was :banghead: seeing the rear tyres go red(90%) at lap 6 every time so went back to the drawing board(Hyperspeed980's original tune) and found this instead haha. It was(for me) a BIG F-U to PD's new excessive tyre wear.🤣

PS.I'm still piss-ed off at PD for making my A220 occasionally pull to the right after this patch.:irked:🤣

Last edited:
Back