CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
Do you wall-ride with that tune ? I've just tried it and managed a 1:59 lap, but I can't see how it would be possible to be that fast without wall-riding.

25min40s total time but I wasn't wall-riding on the first laps, which were far slower.

oh yeah. wall riding like crazy.

Do you wall-ride with that tune ? I've just tried it and managed a 1:59 lap, but I can't see how it would be possible to be that fast without wall-riding.

25min40s total time but I wasn't wall-riding on the first laps, which were far slower.
I tried that setup and yeah its pretty fast I got a 23.59 with a fast lap of 1.54.

At the end of the long straight it was obvious with the time gained. Are there some turns were you chose not to wall ride ?

I wall ride every turn except the hairpin at the end, that’s literally the only time I use the brakes.

The trickiest corner is the quick left-right kink in the middle of the course. You can slow down for that, but I find i gain a second or two if I wall ride into it on the right, then kinda slam into the wall on the left, staying in third gear and trying to break my wheels loose as the car bounces off the wall. I then kinda feather the throttle so I don’t burn too much fuel spinning my tires, but enough throttle so the wheels spin some and it doesn’t bog down. Gets me back up over 100mph and back into the car’s sweet spot power-wise instantly. There might be a better way, but thats what I do.

The rest of the corners it’s just about being in the proper gear when you hit the wall.

Last edited:
Grinded Tokyo with the Escudo, managed to get 2 laps in the 1:50s with a total race time of 23:27.827 :)

1681800401300.jpg

22:35, fastest lap 1:47.275

That’s about as fast as I’m likely to do it without discovering some better tune.

I did adjust first and second gear to be shorter, so I lose less time coming out of the hairpin, and I made 5th and 6th a little taller to save fuel. Also switched from TCS2 to TCS1 — it makes the car a little faster, but also requires more careful management of wheelspin, since that wastes fuel like crazy. Otherwise it’s the same as my previously-posted tune.

F0E080C3-45DA-4F5F-AD39-55DBEDCA7430.jpeg

Last edited:
I think PD broke the CRB for Tokyo in this latest patch.
I've had many races where I did not touch any of the AI cars and didn't get the CRB, and other attempts where I bumped the AI multiple times and STILL got the CRB?:boggled::confused::crazy::banghead::rolleyes::odd:
I think it's gone past being inconsistent and just downright broken.:lol::dopey:

that's annoying! I have to admit I have not run the race since the patch. I'll check it out.

I think PD broke the CRB for Tokyo in this latest patch.
I've had many races where I did not touch any of the AI cars and didn't get the CRB, and other attempts where I bumped the AI multiple times and STILL got the CRB?:boggled::confused::crazy::banghead::rolleyes::odd:
I think it's gone past being inconsistent and just downright broken.:lol::dopey:
It's not broken, still same as before. If you didn't hit AI cars then you are crossing white lines with all 4 tires somewhere. I just got the CRB yesterday with 2 wheels over the white line at the last hairpin.

Have not seen this one posted here and it is the fastest build I have seen so far. Rims offset needs to be wide.

Awesome! This tune is the real deal. My first run with it was 22:11, and it really wasn’t very good.
426C4C1C-DF1F-4D35-80FF-62AC472C2D00.jpeg

I suspected a tune like this existed, but I didn’t have the time / inclination to iterate over the tens of thousands of potential permutations to find it. Kudos to whoever did! :)

Last edited:
Could you post the tune in english ? I find it hard to guess with the polish version above. Thanks !

It’s all the best upgrades (Racing trans, high rpm turbo, etc), but with comfort-hard on the front and Intermediate on the back. Don’t forget to make your rims wide offset.

Suspension and lsd settings don’t matter, they’re up to you.

Last edited:
I think it was first mentioned to use IM/CH in comments section under this video.
There is also another video with similar build in here. Haven't tried the latter yet though.
WOW that first video/tune is amazing the car handles great even on CH I even got my first sub 24 with a 23:37 I made alot of mistakes like this one.

In speaking of mistakes I made this one on lap 11.

And I still got the CRB
Gran Turismo® 7_20230505051834.jpg

Last edited:
Well that was a desperate save right there. The right front tyre must have stayed inside literally by an inch. In my experience there is no mercy with the track limit there: if all tyres go across, then 100% no CRB. Bumping into AI is a bit more sporadic in that regard.

I didn't have to farm in GT7 for a while. I had little hope that they will add at some point events with similar payout to Tokyo (Yamauchi said "if possible" in interview so I guess it isn't possible if it takes this long) but I guess it is what it is and we are stuck with Tokyo, Sardegna, Spa and Le Mans and my bank with credits is getting smaller and smaller so it is time to farm some credits

Is Tokyo still top 1 for farming credits or Sardegna is a better (safer?) option? How can you lose CRB in Tokyo? Only crossing white line at the hairpins or even the slightest bump into AI equals rip CRB? Same question for Sardegna (how can you lose CRB there?).

Is Suzuki Escudo best choice for both events?

Last edited:
I do not recall losing CRB ever at Sardegna, even bumping into other cars / walls. One way I've seen people mentioning that loses CRB is overtaking under yellow flag. There is this thread for Sardgena strategies. Escudo is fast there as well but consumes a lot of fuel. There are several cars with similar times, so it is less boring as well.

Tokyo is a lot easier to lose CRB on and I found it is sometimes inconsistent. You can sometimes get away with solid shunt into AI, but other times would lose CRB for seemingly no reason. However even if you lose CRB in 1/3 races it is still paying more than Sardgena is on average.

It is up to personal taste, but if you only care about getting money fast - I'd say go for Tokyo. If you want more consistent and more fun way - go for Sardegna. What I do is alternate between both to keep myself entertained.

Last edited:
I do not recall losing CRB ever at Sardegna, even bumping into other cars / walls. One way I've seen people mentioning that loses CRB is overtaking under yellow flag. There is this thread for Sardgena strategies. Escudo is fast there as well but consumes a lot of fuel. There are several cars with similar times, so it is less boring as well.

Tokyo is a lot easier to lose CRB on and I found it is sometimes inconsistent. You can sometimes get away with solid shunt into AI, but other times would lose CRB for seemingly no reason. However even if you lose CRB in 1/3 races it is still paying more than Sardgena is on average.

It is up to personal taste, but if you only care about getting money fast - I'd say go for Tokyo. If you want more consistent and more fun way - go for Sardegna. What I do is alternate between both to keep myself entertained.
Personally I would recommend heading to Spa... the payout is 1.5m for 1 hour's work so not quite as much $ per minute, but every are is different, the weather changes a lot and the track is beautiful at night and especially at dawn. Take a detuned GT500 or Gr.1 (I use the 962C) and you will easily win but because it is so beautiful the time just flies by.

I didn't have to farm in GT7 for a while. I had little hope that they will add at some point events with similar payout to Tokyo (Yamauchi said "if possible" in interview so I guess it isn't possible if it takes this long) but I guess it is what it is and we are stuck with Tokyo, Sardegna, Spa and Le Mans and my bank with credits is getting smaller and smaller so it is time to farm some credits

Is Tokyo still top 1 for farming credits or Sardegna is a better (safer?) option? How can you lose CRB in Tokyo? Only crossing white line at the hairpins or even the slightest bump into AI equals rip CRB? Same question for Sardegna (how can you lose CRB there?).

Tokyo is both faster and higher payout. I finish it in around 22:10.

The only downside is it’s easier to lose the CRB.

Last edited:

My grind was (in no particular order) Sarthe, Sardegna, Tokyo. This was an easy 2,377,500 payout for 80 minutes of playing. The only caveat here was potentially losing the CRB at Tokyo, but even without that was still a great way to grind as you experienced 3 different tracks, different weather and strategies using a huge variety of potential cars for fast/easy wins.

Tokyo pays the most for the 24-25 minutes it takes to finish, IF you get the CRB, but CRB is inconsistently awarded here. Typically you only lose it if you cross over the boundaries at the hairpin or hit AI hard enough…but that’s the very inconsistent part…sometimes a hit will clear the CRB and other times it won’t, even if they are almost identical in terms of severity. Usually I can get away with bumping or sideswiping AI as long as no visible or physically indicated damage is done, but every once in awhile that doesn’t hold true. I just had a race here last night where 99% of the time this type of bump is ok but last night it wiped out my CRB.

Sardegna pays less but the CRB is all but guaranteed; just don’t pass on a yellow flag and you’re good.

I find Escudo best for grinding Tokyo and plenty fast for Sardegna but Gr.1 and Gr.2 are my preference at Sardegna.

Back