Daft Punk fans?Music 

• Thread starter CaddyKOP
  • 397 comments
United States
Hicktown
mrthestig8
DaftRyosuke
Anyone here a Daft Punk fan?

I personally love their music....almost too much. I listen to at least 5 songs every day, that's my minimum. My personal BGM on GT5 is nothing but Daft Punk.

Most pointless post ever.

Anyway, I bought Discovery years ago when I was back in England. I'd heard "Around the World" and some others on the TV and decided that I'd buy the album. I wasn't disappointed. I liked every song on that album and since then I have downloaded quite a bit of DP stuff onto my home computer.

I was always a house/ trance fan so DP seemed to fall into the right type of genre for me although it was a bit more electricy for the most part. I rate them quite highly as a group.

Massive daft punk fan, have all the albums, most of the singles, imported figures, interstellar 5555 and electroma dvd's of various types. And I've seen them twice, which is the best part!

I'm not really a fan but I do like some of their tracks. I feel they did a really (flamesuit on) poor job with the Tron soundtrack though.

I'm not really a fan but I do like some of their tracks. I feel they did a really (flamesuit on) poor job with the Tron soundtrack though.

It's a soundtrack for a film, not a 2 hour music video.. I certainly wasn't expecting another Homework or Alive. A few of their early album fillers, were very low key semi classical types.
Thomas Bangalter (one half of daft punk) composed a very similar soundtrack for the film Irreversible. It had a similar style, but not as electro.

Not a fan of Daft Punk but I’ve got to admit the Tron Legacy soundtrack is one of the best I have herd

Massive daft punk fan, have all the albums, most of the singles, imported figures, interstellar 5555 and electroma dvd's of various types. And I've seen them twice, which is the best part!

I need to get some of those action figures. I, too, also have all their albums...well...burned versions of their albums. I listen to them all the time in the Cadillac, the Bose stereo works well with Daft Punk.

I really like Daft Punk, some of their albums are mastered really poorly though (especially Discovery).

I only like Discovery. It may very well be one of the best crafted pop music albums of all time, and I'm not even starting to talk about Inter5tella, which is a work of art in itself (and also the long-overdue return of Leiji Matsumoto to, you know, doing stuff). Every track in the album is flawless and flows incredibly well. If all the other DP albums were half as good as Discovery, they would be absolutely grandiose.

but noup.

I don't like Daft Punk at all. All their songs are too long and get boring past the 2:50 mark. Pretty repetitive.

I really like them.
But since the Tron 2 album, I haven't changed the CD in my car. Listening to that OST for a year.

Tron Legacy soundtrack is awesome, it really makes the film. Have to say, as far as the rest of Daft Punks stuff goes, I never got into it. Since I'm in the office on my own at the moment, going to listen to Alive on Spotify, see if it's any good.

CaddyKOP
Hi. Are you a DP fan? I see you're a deadmau5 fan. I also like deadmau5.

Yes I am a fan. Daft Punk were the ones who got me into electronic/progressive house. After that I branched out to others like deadmau5 and Justice.

Yessir, I love all DP's albums. I've seen all Three movies they made. D.A.F.T. (A story about Dogs, Androids, Firemen, and Tomatoes) was the weirdest one.

"Da Funk" is one of my top-10 favourite tracks of all time. Just love it.

Am currently listening to TRON Legacy R3c0nf1gur3d. I like the original soundtrack album, but the remix album is truly stellar.

Daft Punk are, without doubt, my most closely followed artists. I don't collect much, but the amount of DP merch/mem/stuff I own probably makes up for that!
My favourite tune by them is probably Voyager, it's certainly my most listened to track, and great to listen to in the car.

There is a Daft Punk thread actually: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101831&highlight=daft+punk

And yes, I am a fan, and I'm currently making a wall clock out of this vinyl picture disc:

daft_punk_tron_remixes_part4_CYB44_1.png

Last edited:
I love Daft Punk. They were the ones that pretty much introduced me to electronic music. I haven't listened to them in a while, but I should soon.

Back