Daft Punk fans?Music 

• Thread starter CaddyKOP
  • 397 comments
I don't understand how people can go to these electro shows and festivals. All it is is some guy in front of a laptop blasting music to a crowd of sweaty douchers.

I have never been to an "electro" concert, but that's pretty harsh. Can't we just accept our musical tastes and move on? Calling people who go to these shows "sweaty douchers" is just insulting. :indiff:

I don't understand how people can go to these electro shows and festivals. All it is is some guy in front of a laptop blasting music to a crowd of sweaty douchers.

Going to an EDM concert is more than just about someone essentially playing music from their laptop, it's really about the show and the experience, the insane visuals and lights, the massive crowd feeling of going absolutely nuts over a song, hearing new songs whether it's old song from a different artists or a never heard before premier, and singing along with hundreds or thousands of others.

tbh, an EDM concert is really no different than any other concert.

Even more eager to hear it now. The Strokes are probably my favourite band.

Anyone thinks this song at 2.00 sounds very similar to Daft Punk's Veridis Quo?

On another note about Veridis Quo:

Veridis Quo
Verydis Co
Very Disco
Discovery

Last edited:
Huge fan here, seen them twice, in 1997 and 2007 and had/have a ton of their music, merch etc. Probably the rarest item was Japanese CD of Human After All remixes, with 2 Kubrick figures, which I eventually sold on eBay for about £115.00. I still have my Interstellar figures as they don't seem to sell for a lot, and I have mislaid the drum pedal!

New album is shaping up very nicely indeed, I've not caved and looked for any of the leaked tracks yet though :)

I wasn't implying everyone was a sweaty doucher. But you know who they are at these shows. Ultra just ended in Miami the other week. I can understand going to a club because you want to go to a club. But going and standing in a field to listen to a recording? You can better appreciate the music in a quiet room with a pair of headphones.

I remember watching that sometime in the 90s (I was very young) and it (somehow) stuck in my head 'till 2006 when I came across it in Daft Punk playlist on Youtube. It was the biggest nostalgia hit of my entire life. I remember when I was little I was so scared of the scene where the sniper dude shoots the arrow into the man's back. I also found out that that was the reason I was afraid of spherical things as a kid (like the balls on the ends of staircase railings) :lol:. Anyways... That's sort of why Daft Punk has always been close to me (strange I know). 👍

That video was from Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem, a full length anime movie. I have never really got into anime, but I'll admit it was a pretty good movie for having no dialogue-the music told the story well enough. But I don't think you could have seen the video in the 1990s as the song was released in 2001.

That video was from Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem, a full length anime movie. I have never really got into anime, but I'll admit it was a pretty good movie for having no dialogue-the music told the story well enough. But I don't think you could have seen the video in the 1990s as the song was released in 2001.

über ßeta FTW.

I wasn't implying everyone was a sweaty doucher. But you know who they are at these shows. Ultra just ended in Miami the other week. I can understand going to a club because you want to go to a club. But going and standing in a field to listen to a recording? You can better appreciate the music in a quiet room with a pair of headphones.

Each to their own, I think you'll find the majority of dance acts who "play live" (and there arguably aren't actually that many of them as opposed to DJs) do sequence and to some extent mix the music live, think of relatively old electronic acts like New Order playing Blue Monday live, obviously there's the bass and vocals but the drum programming and keyboards are live too.

Daft Punk use Ableton live, with their own custom pads/controls (you can probably find video of this somewhere) and believe me no two of their performances are the same.

I think the bigger issue with daft punk is that they're really repetitive. Now I know there will be people saying all of edm is repetitive, but daft punk is REALLY repetitive.

I think the bigger issue with daft punk is that they're really repetitive. Now I know there will be people saying all of edm is repetitive, but daft punk is REALLY repetitive.

...says the man in North Korea...

But in all honesty I know what you mean. I listen to Justice and The Chemical Brothers more often, since they seem to have more varying styles. I honestly like Daft Punk since they are pioneers, (sort of like Kraftwerk). 👍

That's like the end of the world gathering from the Simpsons (in this case only the most hardened veterans will go).

abqmas.jpg

Wtf I never knew Nile was on Let's Dance! D:

Last edited:
What's that? Can't hear you over the absolutely sick resonance and groove.

Now play that video over again and watch as my avatar dances.

After reading though this thread I have to say that yes Daft Punk did commercialize the french house sound, whether commercialization is a good thing i'm not sure.

Unfortunately when it comes to Daft Punk influencing dubstep, I can assure you that they most definitely did not. Because when the modern dubstep sound was created in a council flat in the south of England he would have been influenced by Jungle, Drum 'n' Bass and the UK garage sound. The sounds played in a grimey underground dubstep club are far from the dubstep played in those commercials they are the Daft Punk of the dubstep world.

Other than that they(Daft Punk) are I suppose they are talented in a pop music scenario, in the same way as Pharrell is.

Sorry to have to moan, but I like dubstep and the music that has influenced it. I have listened to dance music for a long, long time. and before it i listened to obscure European electronic bands. Therefore i have put my point across as best i can, sorry if my writing skills are not the best but thats what you get for partying all week long when i should have been in college.

Back