Daft Punk fans?Music 

• Thread starter CaddyKOP
  • 397 comments
EDIT: Sorry I started reading on Page 2, thought that this thread was a hate thread for DP. Apologies.

Sorry, Im on the app and it started me off on page 2 and I thought that the OP was a hate message about how he hated DP. My apologies.

Things become clear. I had this ready for you.

0.jpg

Very happy about this, will have to add some to my collection beforehand though as I currently only have Discovery.

I'm so excited about this new album. Already pre-ordered it on all formats, haha.

Daft Punk were the first musicians I ever started listening to myself, as a kid. I never really liked the music that I had heard beforehand and never really figured myself as a music person. I then randomly stumbled upon Da Funk, and later, I guess when I was 11 or 12, started borrowing their CD's from the library et cetera. They were the ones that introduced me to electronic music and other cool artists like The Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Moby and as time progressed, some of the older artists, like Mr. Fingers, Masters at Work, Kerri Chandler, Todd Edwards... The list goes on.

But yeah, since then, I've amassed a fairly good collection, including all their studio albums (not the tron soundtrack, which sucked (in my opinion, of course), except for Derezzed) along with a few other gems, like their original "The New Wave" release, their remix for I:Cube's "Disco Cubizm" and Scott Grooves' "Mothership Reconnection", and also Thomas Bangalter's venture in Stardust, with "Music Sounds Better With You" (all on vinyl). Of course, I have both their live albums, along with one of their movies, Interstella 5555, which is epic.

My favorite song would have to be "High Fidelity", which is nowhere near as popular as it should be, in my opinion. Homework really had the best songs. Revolution 909, Da Funk, Fresh, Around the World et cetera. Too bad the fillers weren't really that good. Near the end, the album gets a bit too acid-y. Discovery is probably the best album, since there really is no bad song. Human After All... Eh, it had its moments, but it really wasn't that great. Not a studio album, but Alive 2007 definitely deserves a mention. Sooooo epic. I wish I had been there.

But yeah, here's hoping Random Access Memories is as good, or better, as either Homework or Discovery :cheers:

Nice write up Fyshokid.

To me they're one of the most influential pop producers of the modern era. Their synth "staggered licks" are heard everywhere now, and in part contributed to the widespread mainstream reception of things like dubstep (don't like dubstep myself) and other more aggressive forms of electronica and remixes.

We have to be honest in saying Discovery was their peak though, such a legendary one at that. They're taken a long hiatus and have come back to what they love in order to express their energy once again. And the vibes they're putting out on the tracks I've heard so far elicit what I imagine to be their moods lately, successful and relaxed wisps of melody.

I do love Homework though, although the album was finally released in '97 people gotta remember that they were pushing out tracks like New Wave back in '93 when House music was ****** super-repeat rush jobs. There was nothing like it.

I love them for steering French electro into what it is now. Such an amazing sound. Justice, Kavinsky, Sebastian, all rose from the foundation Guy-Manuel and Thomas built.

Human After All was a triumph for me just because of Robot Rock xD. I constantly have it somewhere in my mix.

I'm hoping to do some good BBQ chilling and night driving with RAM though, can't wait :cheers:

Nice write up Fyshokid.

To me they're one of the most influential pop producers of the modern era. Their synth "staggered licks" are heard everywhere now, and in part contributed to the widespread mainstream reception of things like dubstep (don't like dubstep myself) and other more aggressive forms of electronica and remixes.

Dubstep other than Skrillex isn't really all that mainstream.

Talking mostly about the sound. Pretty mainstream to me when you see it used in the following few (I could go on all day) examples:

(speaking of Nero though... I actually secretly love them. The only true dubstep DJs I actually like)

But hey, this is a Daft Punk thread, so have a pic:

JhHOryX.jpg

This is gonna blow up soon, regardless of whether it's true or not.
One of those dates is mah. birfday.

So we'll see how that pans out if this is real.

392688_491988260866424_1586853827_n.jpg

Holy crap, that's my dream tour, Daft Punk, Justice, and the Chemical Brothers all in one night may prove to be way too much D:

Hope it's real, but all those cities in one month seems crazy.

I've seen Daft Punk with Justice supporting before, that was beyond words. They are certainly due another tour, so hopefully something official will be released soon.

Was a very nice watch. That intro and outro song just gets me so excited for the release.

I've seen Daft Punk with Justice supporting before, that was beyond words. They are certainly due another tour, so hopefully something official will be released soon.
Any idea on prices of said show, and how fast they sold out?

I want to go so bad on the 26th(L.A), but I have other priorities right now. I would like to get them as soon as possible, but I'm not sure when that is going to be lol.

Now that I think of it, I'm down for the Vegas as well. I know a good amount of good friends that would love it, and that would also make it a great experience.

I don't understand how people can go to these electro shows and festivals. All it is is some guy in front of a laptop blasting music to a crowd of sweaty douchers.

Daft Punk I at least appreciate because they put a lot of humanism into their music-- a great blend of electronic with real funk and soul.

I don't understand how people can go to these electro shows and festivals. All it is is some guy in front of a laptop blasting music to a crowd of sweaty douchers.

Daft Punk I at least appreciate because they put a lot of humanism into their music-- a great blend of electronic with real funk and soul.

It seems to me that electronic artists, having this shortcoming, often times remix their music into a seamless and familiar yet new blend of music.

And besides, going to a more traditional concert is a lot like hearing the same song recorded anyway.

I loved daft punk growing up. I had the Homework album and remember when Discovery came out. I tried and tried to get our school to make "One more time" the prom song in 2001 but it wasn't mainstream enough for them I guess.

I haven't heard anything since the discovery album. I actually forgot they existed, so I guess I'll spend some time on YouTube getting caught up.

Thanks for that. Everyone has their own tastes and pleasures in life. Someone else may find watching a classical orchestra boring, as they just want to get up and dance.

Back