Daft Punk fans?Music 

• Thread starter CaddyKOP
  • 397 comments
Yes i am a fan...

Those "French" "Boys" !

because they are Parisian and for their music research process, not because they are boys... ;)

h80970FCD

Daft Punk is the only reason I still listen to electronic music regularly. I'm more the metal guy in music taste.

Rollin' n' Scratching, Burnin', and Phoenix are my favorites from them.

Kinda listening to a lot more of their unreleased tracks- they are 1000 shades of awesome. Touch me, hold me even has a Giorgio Moroder cameo :D

Motherboard is a terrific track, except for the creepy ocean wave part that doesn't seem like it belongs there.

I have a pretty vivid imagination, so whenever I listen to this song with my eyes closed, I picture two people dancing together in a large, crowded ball room, with a pale blue light shining on them. I swear, Daft Punk's music always creates wonderful imagery in your mind.

@legacyMACHINE

On why RAM is an average funk record: Because this is a Daft Punk album. While I do commend that they tried to enter the funk realm, in my opinion they didn't take enough risks about it, they didn't put their signature touch in the album, and it just came out as an average funk record instead of an all-out unique funk record, which was absolutely possible given Daft Punk's talent.

The album is good, but nothing groundbreaking. It might seem like "innovative" to people that don't listen to funk on a regular basis, but for people that do listen to funk it's pretty nothing, and therein lies my letdown with RAM. It could have been sooooo much more. Instead, it's just decent, almost generic (in terms of a funk album, not a Daft Punk album).

That's fair enough but remember, it wasn't just Thomas and Guy-M making the music. The album may have been average 'funk' but not all of it was meant to be funk.

They still should fire Williams' high-pitched butt soon as possible.

None of the Williams in the album annoy me at all, actually.

Agreed.

The only thing that annoys me in the album, is that they added some really creepy and scary parts. I personally don't think they fit well with the album. "Motherboard" is beautiful, except for the weird ocean wave part. "Touch" is a great song, aside from the creepy parts.

"Contact" is an epic song that has an exciting energy about it that makes me think of a human spacecraft chasing after an alien ship, similar to the final act of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I like that the energy lasts all the way throughout the song, but I hated the loud scratchy part at the end. I thought I was going to blow my headphones out with that part. Not good.

Looks like someone already had the idea to set Contact to the final act of 2001. I literally just found this. I hope this video helps you understand what I was talking about above.

Last edited:
I meant Pharrell. Get Lucky is an okay song, but Pharrell just... Doesn't work too well I guess.

It's either just me or something I can't explain.

Can't see the video, Dan. "Video not available" :banghead:

I meant Pharrell. Get Lucky is an okay song, but Pharrell just... Doesn't work too well I guess.

It's either just me or something I can't explain.

Can't see the video, Dan. "Video not available" :banghead:

Odd. It works for me.

Since there are so many copies of that video on YouTube, just search "Daft Punk Contact synced with 2001 A Space Odyssey."

Last edited:
Odd. It works for me.

Since there are so many copies of that video on YouTube, just search "Daft Punk Contact synced with 2001 A Space Odyssey."
Maybe my mobile. Damned Apples...

And thanks, ill look for it now 👍

It's also on the App Store for free, for all your is whatever owners

It runs okay, but the ads can be a real pain sometimes popping up when you're trying to get a streak in Harder Better Faster Stronger

It's also on the App Store for free, for all your is whatever owners

It runs okay, but the ads can be a real pain sometimes popping up when you're trying to get a streak in Harder Better Faster Stronger

I love that app.

Surprisingly, the vocals of Technologic go great with Human After All and Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz.

Apparently someone in the Russian police force is also a Daft Punk fan. They performed this at the Sochi Olympics opening ceremony

And here a full video, of their own production probably

Awkward LOL

Guys, they were playing One More Time at the closing ceremony thing at the Olympics.

If any of you even care about the Olympics.

That was basically my highlight of the entire event.

I bought Random Access Memories about a month after it came out, based on the folks over at the Steve Hoffman Forums who said how good it was. I never owned anything by Daft Punk before. The album remains at the top of my list for one of the most played. I even bought two extra copies a few months later since I played my original CD so much. One is there in case my original gets scratched up. The second is still sealed in the packaging.

I'm too used to buying cassettes. I would play them a lot and eventually my tape deck would eat them or they would get worn out and the sound would degrade, so I'd usually buy an extra copy.

But love the album. I'd say my favorite song on it is either "Within" or "Instant Crush."

I decided to purchase the full TRON Legacy soundtrack a few minutes ago and I'm currently relaxing to it. It's really nice to hear the beautiful instrumental pieces tied-in with electronic sounds.

Funny thing about iTunes, since I downloaded it from my phone with iOS 7, turning the screen negative makes the menu look like it's from TRON. Black, orange, and gray. :D

I'll admit, I'm obsessed with TRON Legacy because everything just looks so cool. The light-up clothes, the architecture, the lightcycles, and basically everything else. I would love to live in a world similar to The Grid, minus the oppression and bad stuff.

This is very very good! :D I love the strings!

Me too! I don't even think its necessary to say "Featuring Daft Punk." It's so obvious they helped make it, and the instantly recognizable vocoder makes it even easier to know its them.

Personally, I think the lyrics are a little bit cheesy, but it's still a good song.

Well, I just made Discovery the first Album I ever bought. I have bought compilation albums for 9 years, but I have never actually bought a proper album.
I have been listening to the songs from it on Youtube a lot over the past few days, and I saw it was only £1.99 on Amazon for download, so I decided to just get it. Best decision I've made for a while to do with money.

This is very very good! :D I love the strings!

Actually let me take a step back. When I say it's very very good I mean it's very good because it should get some air time. I would enjoy listening to this if it came on in a cafe or restaurant or something. But for my own listening I don't know if it's exactly what I like.

Back