Daft Punk fans?Music 

• Thread starter CaddyKOP
  • 397 comments
Just like to say "I'm a Daft Punk Fan" and I'll leave this little bit of class here...

DP essential mix 02/03/1997 the day before my birthday.

Didn't the Magnetic Centerpiece demo come out like two years before Random Access Memories?

Good news and no it's not Dacia Punk

Daft punk have very quietly released their previously Japan only Human After All (remixes) album on iTunes and Spotify.

The album has many recordings from many artists in similar style to Daft Club and TRON: Legacy R3configured

I'm a fan of Daft Punk as well as their influences.

I heard a song yesterday which reminded me of Daft Punk. The guitar solo and music during the chorus especially remind me of something off the Discovery Album.

For 1981, it feels much more modern.

My verdict on Gust or Wind:

Music: Very good
Singing: Well, it's singing
Lyrics: Cheesy, wasn't expecting much else from Pharrell to be honest
Music video: Stupid. We get it. It's fall. It's my favorite season, I don't need it to be plastered everywhere with boring stuff. "ITS FALL! COME TRY OUR PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES! PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES! PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES! PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!"

I heard "Contact" in the background of a commercial just a few minutes ago. I didn't catch the product/business, but I think it might have been for Taco Bell or some other restaurant. It was on during a commercial break for an NFL game.

I heard "Contact" in the background of a commercial just a few minutes ago. I didn't catch the product/business, but I think it might have been for Taco Bell or some other restaurant. It was on during a commercial break for an NFL game.
It's a PS4 commercial IIRC

That was... crazy! I'm surprised the strings didn't break. Then again, I'm no musician so I wouldn't know how much stress the strings can really take before breaking.

That was... crazy! I'm surprised the strings didn't break. Then again, I'm no musician so I wouldn't know how much stress the strings can really take before breaking.
They're surprisingly strong strings.

My old music teacher told us he hasn't replaced his strings since he got them several years ago.

Aaaah dude, awesome :0 how much?

Amazon had it on deal just before Christmas. £60. Now it's back up to £93!

The White vinyl there is the bonus tracks from Alive 2007 and one side is laser etched with the logo of the Album. The main Album is also on white vinyl. Alive 1997 is the silver vinyl. It also came with a download, little gutted it wasn't a FLAC version.

Last edited:
It's that exact one. I don't think comes with the standard release of Alive on LP that came out at the same time as the box set.
It doesn't.

Shame really, but a really great gift to get!

Magnetic Centerpiece is actually a track from the Russian musican 'Maneken' but it does indeed sound like a DP track ;)
I guess that's one thing I've learned to look out for.

Fakes.

there's quite a lot of them on the internet, the only recent unreleased track would have to be Computerized but apart from that they're all fakes :)
There's Drive, Soma released that a while ago.

But yeah, it's the same with many people. Kind of a shame.

Don't know if it already has been mentionned in this topic, but if you like Daft Punk, especially the Discovery era, you should get a few minutes to listen to Cherokee :

He also did the best remix of a song ever IMHO :

Back