"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the majority of players in my races were patient. One or knuckleheads are expected. However, players were patient due to some of the attrition.

A penalty here, an off there. Even players giving room and setting up passes, was done without much drama. Maybe players are getting the hint. Although, Brands Hatch being a fast circuit, does help.

The penalty is for pushing another car off the track. Giving back the position would not help, I think.

Braking and waiting for the other person seems to help. The penalty triggers when the game thinks you had a speed advantage. I've been bumped off at Brands and the other car slowed down, stayed behind me and didn't get a penalty. Taking the position first then changing your mind and slowing down likely won't work.

Crap, I thought the races changed at 2AM EST, but we're still on DST so it's 3AM. That means staying up to 3:30 at least to do the first race in the wet. Nah I have my limits, in the morning then. I'll be all amped up at 3:20 after the race lol. I just wanted to know whether it's dawn (light), noon (heavy), or twilight (intermediate) rain. The suspense is killing me :)

I tested a couple cars and tried out twilight with rain in 4K HDR, so pretty. I'm slower with the Merc than with the Huracan, Huracan turns better. The Ferrari turns and brakes better again but has no speed on the straight and likes to slide more easily. More cars tomorrow!

Braking and waiting for the other person seems to help. The penalty triggers when the game thinks you had a speed advantage. I've been bumped off at Brands and the other car slowed down, stayed behind me and didn't get a penalty. Taking the position first then changing your mind and slowing down likely won't work.

Crap, I thought the races changed at 2AM EST, but we're still on DST so it's 3AM. That means staying up to 3:30 at least to do the first race in the wet. Nah I have my limits, in the morning then. I'll be all amped up at 3:20 after the race lol. I just wanted to know whether it's dawn (light), noon (heavy), or twilight (intermediate) rain. The suspense is killing me :)

I tested a couple cars and tried out twilight with rain in 4K HDR, so pretty. I'm slower with the Merc than with the Huracan, Huracan turns better. The Ferrari turns and brakes better again but has no speed on the straight and likes to slide more easily. More cars tomorrow!

i'm chomping at the bit as well - quite looking forward to the wet race - maybe they'll ease us into it by making it a dawn race. Whichever one it is, it's easier than at RBR which was horrendous to control, at least Tokyo is a lot of lift and coast to make it round the curves - just that tight hairpin where it's a good example of where TCS on gives a big advantage. I tried a couple of laps with TCS off and it was fine to handle apart from the hairpin. Be interesting to see what the meta is as well.

i'm chomping at the bit as well - quite looking forward to the wet race - maybe they'll ease us into it by making it a dawn race. Whichever one it is, it's easier than at RBR which was horrendous to control, at least Tokyo is a lot of lift and coast to make it round the curves - just that tight hairpin where it's a good example of where TCS on gives a big advantage. I tried a couple of laps with TCS off and it was fine to handle apart from the hairpin. Be interesting to see what the meta is as well.
I'm still thinking that MR cars will have the upper hand. AMG GT3(needs verification) and Viper seem to be the best FR cars that can handle the rain.
I'm curious to see if the F1 GTR can be competitive here. It has the speed, it's an MR, but exactly how good is it under the rain, compared to its MR peers...?

Did a 2:17.665 in my RC F, at Tokyo. Car feels well planted everywhere. I'm losing time at the final corner. Staying with TCS3 until I can see how I do in a race.

Top2 for now, are a Huracan and 458(Both in the low 14s). Followed by a GTR and RCZ(15 and 16 seconds, respectively). An RSR is just ahead of me in 5th place.

Did a 2:17.665 in my RC F, at Tokyo. Car feels well planted everywhere. I'm losing time at the final corner. Staying with TCS3 until I can see how I do in a race.

Top2 for now, are a Huracan and 458(Both in the low 14s). Followed by a GTR and RCZ(15 and 16 seconds, respectively). An RSR is just ahead of me in 5th place.

what time of day are we at in Tokyo?

what time of day are we at in Tokyo?
12:30

WOW! Just did a 2:15.770! Used 1st gear at the final turn, when auto drive realised me. Did the whole lap clean and used 1st gear again at the final turn.

Edit: Viper to the top in a 2:14.038
458 14.078
Huracan 14.318
4C 14.781
RSR 14.921
RSR 15.509
ME
GTR 15.989
RCZ 16.260
GTR 16.302

Edit2: I'm starting 5th

Last edited:
Apparently you can turn into people intentionally to give them a penalty.

Don't think this guy has done it with that in mind though.

Funnily enough, I had a very similar situation in reversed roles just now. However the guy attempting to overtake was nowhere near alongside me and still went for it. Yet his penalty was a lot lower.

I now present to you a sad story in 4 pictures. For context, the S2000 at Suzuka daily ended at 2:30 AM

229.png

30.219.png

s4.png

061137f376a2408d1dbe27fdeffec27d.png

The RC F did me proud. Super stable and the brakes are surprisingly anchors into T1. Ultra clean race with P5.👍
EFsf8u9UcAEskvh

EFsgJ49UEAA9l2y

BAthurst was nearly a Mustang Cup. It's a good allrounder. I'll try the C7, then, GT-R.
EFskWk0UYAA7NCu

EFskbZMUwAAueKd

Race A, how'd I guess it'd be Muscle cars. Just the Super Bee, but still...:sly:

Well Race C is a lot of fun, I actually think it is easier than the Red Bull Ring to drive in the wet. It will destroy your SR though, so good luck for the week :) Plenty of cars seem competitive, so go with what you like. I chose the Citroen as it is easy to drive and left it in TC2 as a safety blanket, although not sure it really needs it. Mclaren F1 and the Ford GT seem good here.

No fuel saving or tyre wear protection required, just a flat out sprint to the end.

The last corner onto the main straight is a killer as people are trying to keep the power down through the kink, and it is so easy to get a snap of oversteer. I picked up 2 * 5 second penalties to people have incidents around me going through the kink, so be careful :)

Probably a bit late, but let me go through my experience with the Group 4 Daily Race on Brands Hatch. I used the Mustang for all the races I did, and got some decent results. First race I started from the back and got up to 7th as I didn't set a time. I eventually set a time and got put up the pointy end of the field, starting 4th, 3rd and 2nd. I didn't expect the Mustang to be competitive against the Megane Trophies, and I gained a lot of SR because the car was easy to drive and firmly planted. Had a good contest with 2 Meganes and a TT for the lead of one race, with all four of us being separated by a second until the Audi started driving away from the scrap. I got third after a last-corner dive which scared my opponent into a mistake. I got my time down to a 1:30.032 which isn't bad for a Mustang. At this point my SR was an S, but the times weren't as close in that session compared to what I had in the A and B SR lobbies strangely. I won the race easily.

Tokyo might be an adventure this week. I was terrified to try the rain but had a got at different qually laps and different cars. The Atenza is a brick. Handles well through the curvy section but unless you are on someone's bumper on the main straight you become a moving road cone. 911 seemed ok during my test laps. Also ran a race in the AMG and it is pretty good.

Started 6th, passed a guy straight at the auto start and held back a bit going into turn 1 as the front four had blobbed up. Leader lost it and collected everyone and blocked the road before he ghosted. I drove through slow but must have tapped a ghost somewhere as I got 2 seconds. But the lap was such carnage behind me that my lead increased after serving the penalty. Had a 5 second lead for most of the race after that until last hairpin of 7 and all of lap 8 when a no qually driver who was much quicker caught me. He passed me on the straight but once I got in front at turn 1 he could only follow. He missed the final hairpin as well so I somehow won the race!

I can say that this race has real potential as an SR killer since I was given 3 penalties over 2 races, and am down 10 SR again. First one I missed my braking point slightly due to slipstream and wasn't able to turn enough to avoid the other guy. Let him back by but still owed my 3. Second penalty was just a racing incident as I was having a clean race with another driver for most of a lap and he and I tapped slightly in turn 1, neither of us lost control or was even slowed, but the car must have tapped a wall somewhere as I got 2 seconds.

Even lost 3 SR in the race I won, only had the mysterious penalty at the start and 1 bump with the guy I beat as I slid a few meters through the last S turns before the hairpin. They couldnt avoid me as I slowed too quick, slight nudge, still clean but SR down. Those 2 things over the entire race and I still lose SR. Will have to check how wall taps are as track limits were vague if enforced at all at Brands last week so might be tightened up here.

But more fun in the rain than I thought and people are really racking up penalties now.

Don't really know Sardegna, I'm not very good at Mount Panorama, and I won't touch Tokyo in Sport Mode with a bargepole, so not an ideal week for me.

Think I'll just race for fun on A and B depending which is next when I log in, hopefully can get better at the tracks, and even though my DR will plummet, hopefully next week's races will be better for me, and I might get some results.

I dont really enjoy the daily races they are just fraught with danger. But with Nations being 9 days away im going to have to enter something.
Race A looks the most inviting (as i quite like the Sardegna tracks), Bathurst looks like an SR killer, Race C looks epic... but the first corner on the first lap.. oph! (there is a wee guy in my head saying "baz dont be daft, you know its dangerous")

Tokyo might be an adventure this week. I was terrified to try the rain but had a got at different qually laps and different cars. The Atenza is a brick. Handles well through the curvy section but unless you are on someone's bumper on the main straight you become a moving road cone. 911 seemed ok during my test laps. Also ran a race in the AMG and it is pretty good.

Started 6th, passed a guy straight at the auto start and held back a bit going into turn 1 as the front four had blobbed up. Leader lost it and collected everyone and blocked the road before he ghosted. I drove through slow but must have tapped a ghost somewhere as I got 2 seconds. But the lap was such carnage behind me that my lead increased after serving the penalty. Had a 5 second lead for most of the race after that until last hairpin of 7 and all of lap 8 when a no qually driver who was much quicker caught me. He passed me on the straight but once I got in front at turn 1 he could only follow. He missed the final hairpin as well so I somehow won the race!

I can say that this race has real potential as an SR killer since I was given 3 penalties over 2 races, and am down 10 SR again. First one I missed my braking point slightly due to slipstream and wasn't able to turn enough to avoid the other guy. Let him back by but still owed my 3. Second penalty was just a racing incident as I was having a clean race with another driver for most of a lap and he and I tapped slightly in turn 1, neither of us lost control or was even slowed, but the car must have tapped a wall somewhere as I got 2 seconds.

Even lost 3 SR in the race I won, only had the mysterious penalty at the start and 1 bump with the guy I beat as I slid a few meters through the last S turns before the hairpin. They couldnt avoid me as I slowed too quick, slight nudge, still clean but SR down. Those 2 things over the entire race and I still lose SR. Will have to check how wall taps are as track limits were vague if enforced at all at Brands last week so might be tightened up here.

But more fun in the rain than I thought and people are really racking up penalties now.
Really depends who you're racing. Level heads will prevail as it's a longish race. No strategy, just "Stay Calm" and keep it off the walls. ;)

Just pipped the GT-R shifting into 3rd
EFsx672UwAAScdw

EFsyDLXU0AAWs85

Well Race C is a lot of fun, I actually think it is easier than the Red Bull Ring to drive in the wet. It will destroy your SR though, so good luck for the week :) Plenty of cars seem competitive, so go with what you like. I chose the Citroen as it is easy to drive and left it in TC2 as a safety blanket, although not sure it really needs it. Mclaren F1 and the Ford GT seem good here.

No fuel saving or tyre wear protection required, just a flat out sprint to the end.

The last corner onto the main straight is a killer as people are trying to keep the power down through the kink, and it is so easy to get a snap of oversteer. I picked up 2 * 5 second penalties to people have incidents around me going through the kink, so be careful :)

oh man... this looks a lot of fun. That kink does kick you out a bit if you're over keen on the gas. If that's the carnage going on at the higher level of racing there's gonna be some funny videos this week :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back