"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you initially go down to 4th for the left hander, then up to 5th? Or don't go down to 4th at all?

Keep trying to go flat through COD, occasionally dying a painful death lol.

In the TT don't go down to 4th at all. Either just lift *before* the orange marker or feather the brakes *at* the orange marker. I had more success with the latter.

The next thing to vary is to try dropping briefly to 2nd gear on the final corner. It has worked better for me. I was aiming for a min speed of around 115 kph. Having said that, your lap is 0.5s faster than mine.

And now for something obvious but was not obvious to me. I don't like using the ghosts on QT as I found it distracting. I turned them off. I was unware that one could load Ghosts from the Top 10 laps. I loaded the ghost for the fastest TT and was able to shave the final 3/10ths off my time just playing "Follow the leader."

At daily C I migrated from the FF (Audi TT) to the Viper. The Viper was able to hit comparable race times from the first race. Also tried the GT-R, as noted here, with similar results. The gear ratios feel longer in the GT-R for 4th, 5th and 6th. That helps on the first S as it becomes a natural 4th gear turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily race C has been quite enjoyable this week. Guess I'm among the minority who enjoy driving the FF cars.

@bone_tone was good to see you out there, I was on my alt account. But still great clean racing.

Spent some time today on my main account, trying to improve my quali time. Couldn't match the time I did on my alt account, about 2 tenths off.

Any pointers from the group would be awesome. Not sure where I could get any more time.

Recognise the alt account name now! Really enjoyed Race C this week, but unlike you I cannot make the FF cars work....

TT was 2 seconds slower than my best QT, which was in the WRX - this was also my default race car too all week, making up positions in every race, usually starting between P14 and P18. Managed two P2 finishes, primarily because of the lack of drop off on the tyres towards the end of the race - I was usually able to make up two places on each of the last two laps!

Discovered the GTR today, which was close to the WRX QT, but proved to be faster on the straights, which helped to keep the TTs behind me, once I had passed them.

Suffered with SR this week, despite driving clean - so many touches from other cars that resulted in SR downs, or penalties :grumpy:. Had to run the occasional Race A to restore the SR!

Last edited:
I ****ed up my SR this morning and was sent down to B. I tried to repair it a bit after that, but I didn't feel like just sitting at the back for clean races because I was always on the front row and I don't stop at Seaside, so I figured it would be easier to outrun the chaos rather than sit behind it.

First race was an easy win from pole. Smartass behind me let the rest of the grid through after claiming they could do a last-to-first win. Second race I started P2, but the driver ahead was inconsistent and braked very early into one of the hairpins and I accidentally punted them. I would have let them ahead of they didn't end up facing the wrong direction.

Probably on mediums and has to pit anyway, I told myself in an attempt to absolve any guilt. But getting stuck behind them let the Audi behind me catch up, and I've noticed this week the Audis are pretty quick until the front tyres start to fall off. We swapped places a bit over a lap but they were fairly aggressive. I ended up in front through the bus stop but they had more exit speed and I allowed them to dive up the final corner, but I took the line for more exit speed to get side-by-side on the main straight. I did this same move two laps in a row, but on the second occasion, they immediately started steering into me to the right as hard as they could, continuously.

They were trying to pit. My car was basically being forced sideways and before I knew it, I was in the pit too. On my no-stop strategy. Even if the Audi pits for medium tyres, I'm consistent enough in the Huracán on hards that I only lose pace on the last couple of laps. If I'm within a couple seconds of the leader and they pit, that's the race. But suddenly I was in the pit. So I put on the mediums. The Huracán is much better on front tyre wear but it can only outperform the Audi on a no-stop. I finished P2.

This was probably the most egregious **** I've experienced in this game. You would think blatant intentional punts and other dirty tactics are worse, but this just felt cheaper than anything I've seen before. If I somehow knew they were going to pit, I would have let them through, because I still would have won. But if you're planning on pitting immediately after the next corner, why lunge up the inside in the first place? Not only that, most people take a much tighter line when they're going to pit because you don't have a lot of time to get over. They went deep and took the corner exit on the racing line as if they were going for another lap. And then rather than back off just a bit to pit, they forced me into the pit with them. ****ing absurd.

Last edited:
First race was an easy win from pole. Smartass behind me let the rest of the grid through after claiming they could do a last-to-first win.
How the 🤬 do they expect to do that from 2nd on the grid? :lol: Last to first only works if you're the quickest driver by a decent amount, even if you are it's better to do it starting last otherwise you look like a right tool when you don't finish on the podium.

Spent most of my race time at Mount Panorama this week in the Mustang. Wrangled a few wins, including one where I started on pole & didn't mess it up, highly unusual for me :lol:
Spent quite few races dropping to last to recover SR. Following some of our fellow racers does make me wonder how they ever made SR S but it explains the " I'm a beginner" in pre race chat when u get close to them :eek:

Ran one race in the Viper tonight, was planning on no-stop but that changed.
First a German in a Scirocco is passing me coming down to the sea. No biggie I thought, I got the inside line and will get a better run towards the chicane. Nope, he swerved in front so I waited through the COD. Comes out he again swerve block me.
I take the better line through the last turn and pass coming up the hil to the straight, then hang left to defend. He puts his nose up on the left side, with two wheels off track. I stay where I am. Then in T1 I go all the way left, two wheels between the curb and the wall so I can defend all the way to Larini bridge.
In the esses I leave them behind.
Next lap a Russian Viper slipstreamed me down the straight and bump-passed both me and the car coming out of the pit. He won.
The German called me dirty.
I disagreed.

Honestly dont know what goes through some people's heads. And is there something in the TT that engages the maximum confidence/big balls switch for mid level drivers? 2 races last night. First one just trying to run clean and hang mid field until halfway. Guy I race with often has a better run up to the hairpin before the chicane, I leave them room. The two TTs following push me into the wall to barge through afterwards. Figure no problem I will catch them soon, but next lap I get a wiggle on exit of the first chicane and lose some time. Coming through final turn later that lap I see a TT closing under braking but I am turned into the apex already, nope. Clean cut, 2 wheels on the grass, 2 on the high nasty part of the curb and I get hit off into the wall on the outside. And a penalty for forcing another car off track.
Most annoying as the TT guy wiped out in the next chicane and quit.:banghead: And by the end of the race I was on the back of the midfield pack, so would have had the pace to leave them at the end of the race.:ouch:

Next race was fine, 3 of us run clean to gap the field for 4 laps and then I just drift back looking for the clean race bonus. Missed it, but only through my own fault. Some good races, some have "those" drivers hiding in an FF murder machine.

I still wish I could figure out how to drive them though. tried to nail a fast lap in 1 and couldn't get within a second of my jag time. Seems to be a skill I need to work on, but I dont wanna.:crazy:

Last edited:
How the 🤬 do they expect to do that from 2nd on the grid? :lol: Last to first only works if you're the quickest driver by a decent amount, even if you are it's better to do it starting last otherwise you look like a right tool when you don't finish on the podium.
Not to mention everyone in the lobby was SR-B or lower. Good luck getting through that chaos unscathed. At what point do you ask yourself if you're just a masochist?

Hey everyone its my first post l like to talk about people who wine to other drivers and then get upset when they get theie reply. If you start the conversation but go crying to Sony when you gwt your reply. Like my grandmother if you got nothing nice to say then stay quiet. But for real people if you can't handle be told you are a bad driver dont race because everyone has a bad race l dont care if your SuperGt or Jimmy everyone has a bad race feom time to time . And we dont need mummy to fix our fight that we started in the first place .Toolshed774

Looks like it might be. Hopefully, there's a mix. At least I'll switch between all three 2016 cars.
Race B could be interesting. Fastest I've gone so far, is with the Genesis. Been .5seconds faster than 4C, Cayman, Vantage and M4. 1:28.2xx. Smooth car. The suspension is softer than the Mustang and I'd say the Genesis is the V6 equivalent. It's got tight off-throttle turn in and it's sharp. The Scirocco will be a problem, but out of the turns, I guess the rwd cars will have that slight edge over the FFs.
However, I haven't tried the AWD and FFs. Will probably start no qualy to see how players are racing, while I'm in A/A.

Edit: Autopolis is at 16:00, "Cloudy"(not really) conditions.

Porsches again, in Race A. The 993 has the speed, but the 997 has the handling. Need a new car line up. How about the GT40 at this location?

Last edited:
Well, got placed in a B-mostly D/S room. Won by 20.893 seconds in the TS050. Back up to A/S.

Did my first FP in the R18. Set I think a 32.9. Ran the 919 and did a 32.7. jumped in the TS050 and dropped that to a 32.291. The Porsche felt way faster. Feels better around the track. The Toyota reacts slooooowwwwly. Don't know why it's so quick for me.

Will try the R18 at some point. Now, for GR.4.

Had an R92CP in my race. I lapped it by Lap 5. :lol:

Welp, back to A/A in the TT Cup race. Only two Lancers(one of the Lancers finished P1 by 5 seconds. The other ahead of me in 12), me in the Genesis. Three TTs collided and I'm going super slow at the Corkscrew to avoid them and I get 1 second for one of them side contacting me.

Another orange arrow for the TT ahead braking early at the left-hander, after the PZ.
It's Megane FF time....

Had an R92CP in my race. I lapped it by Lap 5. :lol:

Welp, back to A/A in the TT Cup race. Only two Lancers(one of the Lancers finished P1 by 5 seconds. The other ahead of me in 12), me in the Genesis. Three TTs collided and I'm going super slow at the Corkscrew to avoid them and I get 1 second for one of them side contacting me.

Another orange arrow for the TT ahead braking early at the left-hander, after the PZ.
It's Megane FF time....
Ended my second race same spot I started, but hard work to get there. Punted off turn 1 by someone who quit. Down to p15. Turned in on twice lap 1 by cars who were only up to my door area because I had passed them in a straight. Back up to p9. Spin myself out coming up the hill by just drifting tires onto the curb, down to p13 again. Manage to fight my way up, but cars spinning, wiggling and the quick shifting and braking points mean a few rear end taps on the way back up. Now A/A. Going to be interesting if I can get through turn 1 now.

Back up to A/S after activating "Avoidance Mode". Set FL in the Megane FF. When I used the Genesis, the TT was pulling away from T1... and I was in the slipstream.

This last race, I was gaining on an F-Type like nobodies business. Good thing it was the last lap and final turn.

Now, I'm P1 for this mainly B/S room, with an NSX in P2, TT, WRX, RCZ, RCZ, RCZ, Citroen, Viper, Slophy, GT-R, TT, 86 and another Citroen. Oh, my qualy time is 1.4 seconds faster than the NSX. Ridiculous.

Edit: This Dailys week, should be titled(in Jan Brady voice): "Porsche, Porsche, Porscheee!" :lol:

Last edited:
I was hoping that PD would throw the Autopolis race C to the group c cars, but nope - it is just group 1 which means a follow the car in front race and hope they fall off the track. Not even any strategy to try and mix things up.

Checked out Race B and it looks pretty similar, just follow the leader and hope they make a mistake. Set a couple of mediocre times for race B & C and that will be it for the week. I was needing to do some work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back