"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping that PD would throw the Autopolis race C to the group c cars, but nope - it is just group 1 which means a follow the car in front race and hope they fall off the track. Not even any strategy to try and mix things up.

Checked out Race B and it looks pretty similar, just follow the leader and hope they make a mistake. Set a couple of mediocre times for race B & C and that will be it for the week. I was needing to do some work anyway.
Mediocre? Second fastest in my region when I looked....
Edit: that was C I believe.

Last edited:
Got to say race C is a crazy nightmare. Controlling those cars on that twisty circuit is testing for sure. But coming through the field after getting bumped off turn 1 is crazy stressful. Lots of love taps from both parties in battles being given SR down. Good seeing @pennanton out there. Ran me down and beat me though. Just to remind him though, I didn't concede. I had just tried to defend inside a few times earlier that race and in others and I just cant take turn 1 on the defensive line. My only hope was to nail it and out drag you on the cut back.:scared: Couldn't pull it off though. Pleasure racing with you, and I know I will beat you some day.:cheers:

For what it is worth I got a CRB twice in race C now. Was worth 17 points this past races but I think I drifted off track for 1 section, so might be able to get 18 for it.

Last edited:
Race A was bowling for Carreras. :rolleyes: Dude that side contacts me, gets 2 seconds, I get 1 second. After we serve our penalties, I arrive at T1 to see three cars off and the car ahead of me, is slowing for the turn. I'm right behind it and BAM!, I'm off by two others. No penalty for me and the other cars. I recover and just race. Last lap, the car that side contacted me goes off. I move up to 3rd. Car ahead goes wide and I finsih P2. Red S, but still A/S. That's it for the night.

Last edited:
Got to say race C is a crazy nightmare. Controlling those cars on that twisty circuit is testing for sure. But coming through the field after getting bumped off turn 1 is crazy stressful. Lots of love taps from both parties in battles being given SR down. Good seeing @pennanton out there. Ran me down and beat me though. Just to remind him though, I didn't concede. I had just tried to defend inside a few times earlier that race and in others and I just cant take turn 1 on the defensive line. My only hope was to nail it and out drag you on the cut back.:scared: Couldn't pull it off though. Pleasure racing with you, and I know I will beat you some day.:cheers:

For what it is worth I got a CRB twice in race C now. Was worth 17 points this past races but I think I drifted off track for 1 section, so might be able to get 18 for it.

It's all good, I just thought you made it a bit too easy for me. The R18 is obviously slow on exits and I really needed to be close enough by the time the hybrids power band dropped off, then I'd have the pace to make a pass. It just that that moment comes really close to the braking point for t1 so I had to commit, I sort of broke early and harder because I thought it'd be a disaster if I misjudged and caught you right on the apex. Would look like a right divebomb we all complain about so I got out of it enough that if you committed yourself you should have been able to slip by. Was just surprised by the room I had.

I know what you mean though, t1 being off camber throws everyone off, probably why there's so many incidents. You have to slow much earlier than a usual move on the inside or you'll just bin yourself and the other bloke.

Reckon Herman Tilke probably stopped by Autopolis a few times and said to himself 'You know what? What do drivers know. Slow and off camber is the way to go.'

Mediocre? Second fastest in my region when I looked....
Edit: that was C I believe.
by mediocre I just mean that there was time still available in the lap. I was 2 tenths up going into the corkscrew on my last lap when I cut the chicane too much and got a penalty, and there was at least half a second for the autopolis one. Only had about 15 mins for each one, but I like to put a decent time in so my friends can use that as a reasonable benchmark to begin with, before using the alien ghosts that appear later in the day. Having a ghost that doesn't disappear off into the distance can sometimes be useful for us norms.

Just tried this race for the first time. Stress levels are off the charts!

Something about the combo of cars that you have to drive on the edge, seemingly endless divebombing opportunities and so many tricky turns on the track means that every single second is spent trying to simultaneously watch 3 different things. I don’t know if I love it or hate it yet, but it certainly lets me know I’m alive.

Last edited:
Just tried this race for the first time. Stress levels are off the charts!

Something about the combo of cars that you have to drive on the edge, seemingly endless divebombing opportunities and so many tricky turns on the track means that every single second is spent trying to simultaneously watch 3 different things. I don’t know if I love it or hate it yet, but it certainly lets me know I’m alive.
I cant wait to be back home, I love gr1 and I love Autopolis so its perfect combo for me:)

V4K9UbN.jpg

Aqours TS050 livery by Zuramaru_Kanako

Race C is very much a matter of driving at 9/10 of your ability to stay on track. The only actual overtake I made was on was a slow Porsche that I outbraked into Turn 11 after he got Turn 8 completely wrong. I started 9th with a time in the mid 1:33, but I was up to 6th by the end of lap 1.

Li9Icew.jpg

After that, it was a matter of being conservative while everyone else ahead went off, and I came home in 3th, with the leading pair 10 seconds ahead.

DbfQQ1q.jpg
mqg7QYR.jpg
SNcUf3t.jpg
x9GdaoL.jpg
IvNYw2L.jpg

Race C is very much a matter of driving at 9/10 of your ability to stay on track.
That's why I like the Gr.1 races; they separate those who can drive with self-control and those who can't. Whereas in Gr.4 it's almost impossible to push too hard, and Gr.3 is only marginally better.

I acknowledge the irony in saying that after accidentally punting the polesitter into Turn 1 on my second race this morning. I let them back through though, it's still early in the week!

I had a lot of really good races at DTS this past week, nearly all of them from the back with no qualy time. Probably something like 20 races total since I took it easy on these last rounds of FIA. Managed to maintain my DR and SR as well, after a few hiccups. I also finally streamed some live races again after my first attempt a couple years ago lol. I probably should've been doing this all along, not sure what has stopped me.

Hats off to all you clean racers I encountered, there were many good battles had and new friends made....and thanks to all the dirty ones who didn't leave space, pushed me wide simply for being near them, or just blatantly punted me off the track for no reason at all...because lifting is for wimps. Glad to say that I got the better of each and every one of those savages I encountered, without punting them back this time!

Again, PD, if you're reading this and I know you are, track guide videos before entering a race.

Sardegna: These cars are high performance on Sport tyres. Take caution, as the braking takes much longer. Cornering, well rather good, is still less than a Gr.4 car on Racing Hard. The cars will slide more, having less downforce.

Laguna Seca: Take caution at the Corkscrew. The braking distance to entry, is uneven and the turn in point is blind. Brake earlier if directly behind a car. Maybe use patience for a car that has gone wide and you're closing speed is greater.
Remind players of the reward for clean races.

Autopolis: Players need to be reminded of the hot spots: T1, T5, the 180° left at the top of the hill, the double right before the run to the underpass. Remind players they lose time by divebombing and compromising their own exit speed to cars behind - some obviously don't mind if they look bad.

There needs to be more promotion about the joys of racing in Sport Mode.

Just managed to get back to A+ through the recent Gr.3 daily B races at Sardegna A II and Mount Panorama and thought I might try staying there for a while. Daily B is always my go to race. Absolutely d e s p i s e the Audi TT, I’m not driving that car anymore. I suppose abandoning this week would be a wise idea, then?

@barak181 What happened to you? I saw you lined up behind me, but then your car just stayed on the starting grip for 3 laps.

On a Race A? I'm cheesing to 15 clean races right now. (With the DR reset it seemed like a perfect time.) I'm am running, though, not staying on the starting line. Weird.

Edit: I am running very slow to make sure nobody does anything stupid to me. I got the timing down pretty much perfectly to finish L2 as the leaders are finishing the race. Maybe that's what you saw.

Last edited:
A+ is DR above 50k.

S-rank is for meeting the S-rank criteria and is not associated with DR level.

edit: so if you see an "S" ranked driver, it's covering up what their true DR ranking is. They could be B rated drivers in some cases.
Ah, okay. So, S/S drivers setting top qualifying times and those in World Finals, etc., aren't related to being the best of the best of the best.

A+ is DR above 50k.

S-rank is for meeting the S-rank criteria and is not associated with DR level.

edit: so if you see an "S" ranked driver, it's covering up what their true DR ranking is. They could be B rated drivers in some cases.

Oh. That's misleading as hell. That "S" can be an intimidation factor for other drivers. I'll have to keep it mind the next time I'm in a race with one.

Oh. That's misleading as hell. That "S" can be an intimidation factor for other drivers. I'll have to keep it mind the next time I'm in a race with one.

Yup, an S/S Driver could in theory, be anything underneath of the S. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back