"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, okay. So, S/S drivers setting top qualifying times and those in World Finals, etc., aren't related to being the best of the best of the best.

I mean, it does take some skill to put one's self in a position to get that ranking. The DR seems to be a bit relative to one's ability to log time in the game as much as their ability. Not many with 100K miles who are not at least an "A" rated driver.

Heck, most of my 32,894 points were accumulated in a few weekends just grinding on Dailies (before I gave up on them altogether).

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=11816462

Last edited:
I mean, it does take some skill to put one's self in a position to get that ranking.
Why thank you. ;)

:lol:

Seriously, for a second. I was S/S for a while. Got the Star Player application and everything. I understand many players protect the S/S by not doing Daily races(brilliant strategy). I just thought S/S is the top. If A+ is better, how can players maintain that through Daily Racing?

Ah, okay. So, S/S drivers setting top qualifying times and those in World Finals, etc., aren't related to being the best of the best of the best.

well, if they are setting top times and going to WT events, I'd say they are the best of the best....but it isn't the S-rank that determines that. S-rank allows people to enter into the Top 16 races, so all the top guys want to keep their S so they are eligible. But you'll have some guys who choose a less popular MFG (like me) and are able to finish in the top 5 or whatever that region's criteria is, and achieve S-rank as a A or B rated driver without ever crossing over 50k DR.

edit: also, once you get your S rank you keep it throughout the following FIA season and it's only removed if you don't meet the S criteria again or if you don't re-apply with your current info in the system when prompted. So avoiding dailies isn't really a way to keep S rank. Technically you can get DR reset down to DR-D and the "S" will still be showing as your rank. People avoid dailies to maintain their SR so they can stay in the top FIA lobbies.

S used to be the top of the DR rank earlier in the game, there was no A+ and anything above 50k was S. Then they changed to make A+ above 50k and S-rank was reserved for FIA star players. So, A+ isn't better than S, and S isn't better than A+, they are different things.

Last edited:
well, if they are setting top times and going to WT events, I'd say they are the best of the best....but it isn't the S-rank that determines that. S-rank allows people to enter into the Top 16 races, so all the top guys want to keep their S so they are eligible. But you'll have some guys who choose a less popular MFG (like me) and are able to finish in the top 5 or whatever that region's criteria is, and achieve S-rank as a A or B rated driver without ever crossing over 50k DR.

edit: also, once you get your S rank you keep it throughout the following FIA season and it's only removed if you don't meet the S criteria again or if you don't re-apply with your current info in the system when prompted. So avoiding dailies isn't really a way to keep S rank. Technically you can get DR reset down to DR-D and the "S" will still be showing as your rank. People avoid dailies to maintain their SR so they can stay in the top FIA lobbies.

S used to be the top of the DR rank earlier in the game, there was no A+ and anything above 50k was S. Then they changed to make A+ above 50k and S-rank was reserved for FIA star players. So, A+ isn't better than S, and S isn't better than A+, they are different things.
Alright, now. It's making more sense to me.
Just looked up my stats and saw this
Since the rare S rank is granted once, it doesn't appear in these historic data.
Another thing, you all know I don't follow the DR points. My graph looks like a roller coaster. I try to maintain clean races. I'm seeing the best way is to start picking and choosing where and what to race. The least risk, the better.

Though it's still no guarantee, I can see why using a META, even if it's not a preferred car, can help maintain my rank. Food for thought. Good stuff.

Alright, now. It's making more sense to me.
Just looked up my stats and saw this

Another thing, you all know I don't follow the DR points. My graph looks like a roller coaster. I try to maintain clean races. I'm seeing the best way is to start picking and choosing where and what to race. The least risk, the better.

Though it's still no guarantee, I can see why using a META, even if it's not a preferred car, can help maintain my rank. Food for thought. Good stuff.

Having an Alt account helps too, you can save your main for FIA and Dailies you’re strong at, to build DR on it. Then use the alt for all other racing, so you can stay on your game and keep improving, while the main stays safe at home. 👍

On a Race A? I'm cheesing to 15 clean races right now. (With the DR reset it seemed like a perfect time.) I'm am running, though, not staying on the starting line. Weird.

Edit: I am running very slow to make sure nobody does anything stupid to me. I got the timing down pretty much perfectly to finish L2 as the leaders are finishing the race. Maybe that's what you saw.
That's weird. From my view point, your car never moved for the whole race.
You can race and get a CRB, too.
I did one earlier today at Sardegna, after getting a bs penalty and dropping to the 80-89 group.
I just tried to drive super carefully, to not get any penalties. Amazingly, everybody else beat the hell out of each other so badly, that I got a win.
I was really shocked. :eek:
I think it was the first time I've ever won at any Sardegna track. Had a clean race, too. 👍

Last edited:
That's weird. From my view point, your car never moved for the whole race.
You can race and get a CRB, too.
I did one earlier today at Sardegna, after getting a bs penalty and dropping to the 80-89 group.
I just tried to drive super carefully, to not get any penalties. Amazingly, everybody else beat the hell out of each other so badly, that I got a win.
I was really shocked. :eek:
I think it was the first time I've ever won at any Sardegna track. Had a clean race, too. 👍

I know, it's the whole 15 CRBs in a row thing. I really don't know what's up with you not seeing me move at all. I know the game can he glitchy sometimes but wow...

Having an Alt account helps too, you can save your main for FIA and Dailies you’re strong at, to build DR on it. Then use the alt for all other racing, so you can stay on your game and keep improving, while the main stays safe at home. 👍
I'll take heed. I have my alts and utilise them better. However...
Sometimes I feel like that scene in The Dark Knight, where the Joker describes being like a dog that chases a car. :lol:
Once I reach A+, I wouldn't know what you do with it. :sly:

I may be mistaken about race B. People seem to not be as hell bent on winning on the first turn of the race. Not much carnage tonight. I keep making personal errors & dropping places. Losing DR slowly & got into a slap fight with someone in the last room. Dropped my SR down a bunch.

I may be mistaken about race B. People seem to not be as hell bent on winning on the first turn of the race. Not much carnage tonight. I keep making personal errors & dropping places. Losing DR slowly & got into a slap fight with someone in the last room. Dropped my SR down a bunch.
I think it would be way different if it were a grid start.
When we did race A there with the Porsches (grid start), turn 1 was pretty bad.

Jumped in the R18 for some more laps at Autopolis as the VGT wasn't performing well on my friends list :P This car is faster but a lot twitchier is all I can say about it :scared:👍

Here's an onboard of my best lap so far I aim to take a bit more off with some luck and some nerves of steel drugs haha :P

EDIT:
Got the Porsche 919 to a similar time as the R18

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to stop using a DS4 and go to a wheel. I took a Citroen into race B and qualified good enough to get in the middle of the lineup but tanked by lap 2 in a couple races not being able to keep it in the sweet spot. Pretty much made a fool of myself again. B/A to B/B

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to stop using a DS4 and go to a wheel. I took a Citroen into race B and qualified good enough to get in the middle of the lineup but tanked by lap 2 in a couple races not being able to keep it in the sweet spot. Pretty much made a fool of myself again. B/A to B/B

At least you aren't the driver of this Toyota. I messed up at the last turn of lap 3. I knew he would be within range of the pass. But, at the fast left before the Corkscrew, I crossed the curb faster & got a run on him. At the Corkscrew, he ran out of talent.

Race A is surprisingly good driving but the racing is appalling. Why there is not a 4th lap is beyond me, itd help calm folks down a bit.

The GT3 is a joy to drive and i say that feeling like this game doesn't really have much driving joy.

Now, only issue is, I have been shopping for a 997 or 991.1 911 for 2 years, found what I wanted but just couldn't do it in the middle of a pandemic. Money jusy sitting there, all lonely and stuff, couldn't pull the trigger.

I started an alt recently to try to run dailies with a friend at a different skill level. I thought if I matched his ratings we could get matched in lobbies together. I just couldn’t bring myself to sandbag and drive dirty to make this work. So after a couple of days I’m up to B/S. Sure took a lot longer the first time. I’m sure I can get it to A at Autopolis this week, too.

So that plan was dumb, but now I’m considering making the alt my main in the way you described. The debate I’m having is if this is dishonest. My stats will be nice and pretty, but it leaves out how I got there. On the other hand, I do want to do both; run in top splits and jump in a daily whenever, even if it’s full of shenanigans. I don’t know. I’ll keep running that alt for now, though.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on October 26th, 2020 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

I am 75 yrs old and been playing since July of this year. Using Automatic I won my 4th win today in Race A using Porsche 911 (997) GT3 ’09. I use steering wheel T150 and settings of TC 2 and force feedback of 2 and 5. My old fingers can't use paddles probably because I have lost some reflexes. So of course most times I start 6th or worse and because of that I get slammed and by accident I hit others. I apologize but that doesn't stop me from having a low Sportsmanship rating. So because of low SR I can't move from D to C. My 4 wins are all using Auto and Race A. I love this PS4PRO. My kids gave me the setup for my 75th birthday in June. I have got a free car every day since and have enough miles or km to have travelled around the world. This game came at the right time as the virus has meant a lot of old people like me stay at home and you can't stream movies all day. I find 2 hrs playing time starts to boggle the mind especially when racing at Laguna Seca and its tricky double dip corner. I have a question. Years ago I used a controller playing on a PC Porsche Unleased and others. I find the wheel is slower to turn as the hands need to move many inches or cm to turn a car but only mm or a fraction of an inch to do the same thing. What do any readers think? Anyway thanks for reading this from a grateful.parent and grandfather!

Do it! You won’t regret it! Got a G29 in January and it’s so addictive. My times are faster than with a ds4 but I think a lot of it has to do with time spent/experience not just the wheel. GET ONE!

Didn't like the look of any of this weeks races, but thought I'd give Race C a go. QT in the TS050 has been giving me midfield starting slots, but I've made up positions in every race.

Had two P3s in a row, and then, much to my surprise, a win! Started P8, and was in P4 after the turn 1 carnage. The four of us pulled well ahead of the rest of the field quite early on, P1 establishing a good lead.

For some reason P1 (TS050) decided to pit on lap 5, coming back out some way behind me. It appears that some people do struggle with tyres in this race, as I started to catch up with P2 - he was all over the place in corners, and I managed an easy pass. P1 was nearly 4 seconds ahead, but he also appeared to have burnt out his tyres, as I was catching him up fast. Got past him on the last but one lap, and finally finished 3 seconds ahead of him!

SR back to 99 after being mired at SR B or below, courtesy of Dragon Tail last week.....

Morning! So as I said yesterday I love gr1 and I love Autopolis:) Did four races, PP(I didnt win that one beacause decided to pit for fresh tyres to get FL, P2 and P3 were 10s behind so I thought I can make it... I didnt, they passed me just in the braking zone for t1, then P4 came and pushed me off track, I guess its lesson for me) two times started from P2, also finished P2(CRB for these 2) and one where I started P8, but lobby was just crazy... Some top EMEA players, finished 10th, but it felt like a win for me:)
At the end of the day I got +3k DR, SR back to S:) great combo if you got luck to be matched with clean drivers.
Was using TS050, my QT is 1,32.240

Race A is surprisingly good driving but the racing is appalling. Why there is not a 4th lap is beyond me, itd help calm folks down a bit.

The GT3 is a joy to drive and i say that feeling like this game doesn't really have much driving joy.

Now, only issue is, I have been shopping for a 997 or 991.1 911 for 2 years, found what I wanted but just couldn't do it in the middle of a pandemic. Money jusy sitting there, all lonely and stuff, couldn't pull the trigger.
Bang! Bang! Bang!
That’s your money talking trash;)
If you have the means and desire, get that girl. I would think you could get a good deal during the bs (pandemic)

I am 75 yrs old and been playing since July of this year. Using Automatic I won my 4th win today in Race A using Porsche 911 (997) GT3 ’09. I use steering wheel T150 and settings of TC 2 and force feedback of 2 and 5. My old fingers can't use paddles probably because I have lost some reflexes. So of course most times I start 6th or worse and because of that I get slammed and by accident I hit others. I apologize but that doesn't stop me from having a low Sportsmanship rating. So because of low SR I can't move from D to C. My 4 wins are all using Auto and Race A. I love this PS4PRO. My kids gave me the setup for my 75th birthday in June. I have got a free car every day since and have enough miles or km to have travelled around the world. This game came at the right time as the virus has meant a lot of old people like me stay at home and you can't stream movies all day. I find 2 hrs playing time starts to boggle the mind especially when racing at Laguna Seca and its tricky double dip corner. I have a question. Years ago I used a controller playing on a PC Porsche Unleased and others. I find the wheel is slower to turn as the hands need to move many inches or cm to turn a car but only mm or a fraction of an inch to do the same thing. What do any readers think? Anyway thanks for reading this from a grateful.parent and grandfather!
I believe there is a setting where you can reduce the travel of the wheel, setting a smaller rotation. But since I use the DS4 I am not sure.
I moved from Automatic to Manuel gearbox some month ago, it took me a good few weeks to relearn but it's such an improvement especially in longer races wher you can save fuel with it. The SR is hard to get these days, it was easier before, but if you want to toucan always run a race you haven't qualified for, that way you will be in the back and can easier keep away from the fools.
Welcome to the best planet in the solar system! Hope to see you online.

Using the alt account. That felt good. First race in the FF Megane, Last to 13th. Genesis ahead of me kept pace. Just stayed with it the whole race.

Second race, qualified. Started 7th. Moved up to 6th by T3. A WRX was behind the five car TT contingient. Waited until we got close to the PZ and dispatched the STI. Stayed smooth with the turns. 3rd gear, coast on the turns and mash the throttle on exit. Finished P3. This what it feels like each time I pass someone using the Renault:

Last edited:
Bang! Bang! Bang!
That’s your money talking trash;)
If you have the means and desire, get that girl. I would think you could get a good deal during the bs (pandemic)

No prices have risen sharply and I am concerned the worse may yet be to come economy wise. I dunno, seems an odd time to drop 6 figures on a car.

Those using DS4, drop your sensitivity to 0, assuming you normally run it at 7 like I do. The GT3 really is beautiful to drive.

Last edited:
No prices have risen sharply and I am concerned the worse may yet be to come economy wise. I dunno, seems an odd time to drop 6 figures on a car.

Those using DS4, drop your sensitivity to 0, assuming you normally run it at 7 like I do. The GT3 really is beautiful to drive.
Just go for it! You cant go wrong with 911 :cheers:
I was thinking of updating my 996, but ended buying a Cayenne for daily. Kept the 996 also :)

At least you aren't the driver of this Toyota. I messed up at the last turn of lap 3. I knew he would be within range of the pass. But, at the fast left before the Corkscrew, I crossed the curb faster & got a run on him. At the Corkscrew, he ran out of talent.

The Citroen does quite well at the left and the corkscrew. I get consistent laps with little tire squeal, but.. I need a bigger wheel because the small one picks up too much shakiness from coffee and age. I almost made it through the gate to the dragstrip. I have a T150, time to start using it.

For some reason I seem to be more consistent in Gr.1 cars than in any other category. I guess the only difficulties in the high-downforce LMP1 cars are controlling the throttle out of slow corners and not letting the car get ahead of yourself–actually being able to drive it slowly through slow corners. Sector 3 at Autopolis is entirely down to throttle control as there are only two very minor braking points. In my last race from Lap 2 through 8 I was doing low 1:34's all within a 0.3-second range. I was very evenly matched with the two driver on the front of the grid up until the last few laps where I seemed to be losing pace from tyre wear. I still got P2 because the driver ahead kept pushing a bit too hard and ended up spinning.

Honestly this is my favorite type of racing in this game because it seems to resemble real on-track battling more than any other car category. The main difference in terms of physics compared to more realistic sims is that GT Sport is missing the subtlety of grip loss and weight transfer, particularly when braking and then accelerating out of a corner. So in Gr.3/4 it's so much easier to push the limit because the consequences aren't as high, whereas in other sims and real-life drivers have to be a lot more nuanced and reserved. But the Gr.1 cars are difficult to drive mainly because of how fast they are, and you have to be able to keep that speed under control, so overly aggressive driving isn't rewarded like it is in the other categories.

It would be nice if the lobbies were a bit more competitive, but when I'm evenly matched with at least one other person and can stick with them throughout an entire race, it feels more rewarding than in these cars than any other category.

My 4 wins are all using Auto and Race A.
That's where most of my wins have come from. Probably 80% of my wins came with using A/T.

I find the wheel is slower to turn as the hands need to move many inches or cm to turn a car but only mm or a fraction of an inch to do the same thing. What do any readers think?
Using a controller and auto trans, is definitely the racing method with the least physical exertion.
Sometimes there are cars that won't be competitive without manual trans. When that's the case, you can just shift with the buttons.

If you have slow physical reactions, I believe a controller would make racing easier for you. 👍

Last edited:
Gr.4 races would be more interesting by banning FFs and rotating between MR, FR etc. As someone that enjoys driving FF cars, even I'm becoming tired of TT Cup grids every week.

Race A while fun is Wreckfest-lite from my experience on EMEA. I was swiped into the barrier every race both maliciously and by people who can't control the '95. Probably a week of other games since no FIA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back