"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

If they found out that one guy was using multiple accounts for FIA, then there's a way that they can potentially tell someone is multi-accounting.
    But that's just my guess, I don't know much about the inner workings of the game.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    barak181, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  2. Pigems

Pigems Premium

They would also know how many accounts use that same IP address wouldn’t they?

barak181 and dlshearon like this.
  3. I love V10

I love V10

understandable. I still play GTS from my original RUS account. I am just wondering, if it will happen, how would they react to having russian playing under US flag?

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  4. NoStopN

NoStopN

Yes, they can.

dlshearon, I love V10 and Pigems like this.
  5. Pigems

Pigems Premium

No one would know in the race, you would have an NA flag. It’s just a moral thing, for you to get in, someone deserving of the spot from here, wouldn’t.

dlshearon and I love V10 like this.
  6. ASH32

ASH32

Yes don't play with an account from another region in the FIA races (daily/weekly race is no issue), it's not the right thing to do, you spoil it for all the genuine competitors. Plus don't you have to register to access the top 16 race anyway, how are you going to do that with false details?

Of course you'll get banned (potentially all your accounts) anyway even if you somehow get away with it all at first, so it's not even worth doing it.

:gtplanet::cheers:

DelboyD, barak181, dlshearon and 3 others like this.
  7. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Somebody in Europe got banned for entering two accounts so they could switch manufacturer. They can see what console you're playing on and where it is. I can see the temptation to race in a easier region but it's best to avoid the FIA events all together, it's not worth it when you get found out.

If the top 16 races are like the top 24 used to be you can just not enter and the next ranked player in the queue will take the slot.

8. I love V10

I love V10

thanks guys.
    My intention to switch regions coming from desire to reset my stats. I created US account just to have PSnow since its not available in RUS store. Thanks once again.
    I think I will just wait for GT7 FIA seasons to start worrying about my stats again. :) I am hoping we will start from the scratch.

9. MattDalton

MattDalton

Has anyone else noticed that the network disconnection seems to be causing the daily mileage to not be recorded? I’ve done 3 daily race 3 this morning but it’s showing 33.6km! Yesterday I had a total of 212.8km but I did at least 7 races so that’s a minimum of 350km before factoring in qualifying and warm ups, etc

10. Famine

Famine Administrator

It will, yes. Daily workout mileage is only recorded when connected.

11. MattDalton

MattDalton

Well that’s annoying!

12. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Race C is worth little SR, one SR down and it's all gone. I'm already down to SR B from S after 1 race. Two BS penalties at the start, pinballed between other cars entering Mercedes and 3 secs for hitting a lagged car around Carraciola that was moving at speed and immediately stopped on my PoV. I generally find SR S 99 lobbies filled with high egos, cutthroat and chaotic so I don't mind being down here.

13. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

The problem is we’re not actually disconnected. There’s something going wrong with connection detection at the end of a race as there is no point where network connection is actually lost.

14. Raptor013

Raptor013

Okay, fair enough, didn't notice that the Toyota backed out after the contact.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  15. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Gee 3rd week n a row with basically no racing for me. Some of that is my fault for not being any good at Suzuka or Alsace but the Gt3 at Sardegna was tough to actually race, last week was blank and now the Group 4 at Sardegna is again, virtually no racing. The lap is quite fun but hard to actually race.

jad866, Groundfish and Pigems like this.
  16. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good morning friends.

I think I enjoy C race. Jmo car choice is so important as is patience when starting last.
    Using the Uber stable forgiving curb eating m6 is like...Well...A big gun...

I noticed a few folks using the 911, but to me that is sort of a BB gun in the hands of an average Joe...

Well anyways I reccomend stability, speed, and tcs3...lmao but I feel like this wizard...
    I try to warn folks about the dangers but they never listen...

Have fun out there!

17. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I am with you in this. I wasn't enjoining the first race of the day, got knocked around too much but I jumped in the Viper with TCS2 and where patient. Got me on the podium from 13th.

18. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

It doesn't really matter anyways -- you'd need a Star Player rating from the previous season to qualify for this season's T16 events.

Pigems, I love V10 and dlshearon like this.
  19. fisheye

fisheye

I got bumped too
    IdjWG5.gif

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  20. jad866

jad866

was thinking the same after 2 this morning . 1st race B started 2nd finished 2nd no changes in top 5. 2nd race B started 3rd finished 3rd no changes top 5

05XR8 and Pigems like this.
  21. Groundfish

Groundfish

Aw shucks guys!
    You got C race! GT3! Nurb 24h! Get an alt goin and jump in, the waters fine!
    If you don’t make the mistake of bunching up refusing to give an inch rubbing doors and use the line and marker aids and tcs and abs it’s a hoot!
    It’s not one where you will have success driving like an impatient child!
    In one last night I had so much fun. I just watched the replay. A driver in a 458 Italia succumbed to the m6 on the GP track but hung on for about a third of the lap on the ring before spinning off losing control.
    I noticed on replay he was clearly on wheel, had very good resolution of inputs and was running tcs off ABS OFF. So probably a self important Sim rig hotshot or something.
    I went in car for him on replay and watched as my m6 took his inside fair and made the overtake, what was hilarious was all his sliding! He was sawing away at that wheel catching the car all over, so many inputs.
    Seeing his in car compared to mine in the m6 was such a stark contrast!
    I had ABS weak (lc brake so...) but everything else default all line aids on.
    I was just smoothing it like being out on a Sunday drive, just trying to stay to the line and get on power early on exit at the key points.
    It was funny to me. This guy fought so hard trying to control that Ferrari and finally he just lost control hit the wall and his car disappeared like he optioned out.
    I feel like people look at GTS differently.
    Some are stuck in this old school turn off aids mentality but I swear to God it’s very rare I run across anyone that can actual do no tcs etc and be consistent under pressure. The guys here who do the no aids thing are definitely not average or above average, these are truly exceptional players who can win top split FIA etc.
    99 percent of drivers copying them are doing imo the WRONG thing in terms of fun safety rating, lack of frustration etc.
    that’s jmo.
    C race is fun but you have to stay within yourself imo.
    I know for me I’m not an expert on the course, but with the modern tech and a forgiving stable car and aids on it’s really fun...
    I’m NOT rooting my own horn as far as beating people, to me it’s about FUN!
    Maybe drive not at 100 percent speed.
    Maybe try aids on and run at 80 percent, just sayin.
    I just feel like Chandler here. He’s the best surfboard shaper on the North Shore. He built a big wave gun for Burkhart...
    Burkhart is an egotistical guy who thinks he can hot dog the worlds most powerful waves but Chandler knows better...

I’m just saying, yeah tryin to hot dog a 911 or Ferrari or Mcclaren GT3 is fun but in race amidst distraction and contact and the errors etc etc etc...
    I can’t use those, they cause way too much frustration in race. Sure hotlap or. qual occasionally but those scalpels require very very precise inputs or it’s just frustrating.
    I mean speaking for myself as a guy whose played a lot, uses good peripherals, built my own rig, studied Ross Bentley, raced top split FIA before in NA....
    At some point it doesn’t matter if I am a C or B on a track like Nurb 24 or wherever.
    I always have more fun with a car I can control, racing within myself at 80 percent..
    Everybody has fun their own way but for me I just have more fun staying conservative and knowing when to back out and avoid trouble.
    Of course this is all jmo.
    I’ll be in the Edelbrock equipped M6 dark blue flake with green trim this week.
    Hope I see some of yous out there!
    C race is fun!

22. fisheye

fisheye

I'm just going to do qualifying runs for Race C this week...
    4mq8g4.jpg

23. MattDalton

MattDalton

I’ve jumped in to race b today after a few morning runs on the ring. I’m surprised at how fun it is actually. Despite all the comments about not being able to race I’ve actually found it to be possible. There are dive bombers everywhere but if you anticipate it and use a late turn in you can have the better traction on the exit. Admittedly, if someone is pretty much the same pace as you with a stronger corner and a weaker corner it can boil down to waiting for a mistake but is that not what racing actually is? I think sometimes maybe this idea of overtaking the whole grid in two laps that is drummed into us by a ridiculously simple AI actually spoils us a little and creates these hyper aggressive drivers.

24. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

There is only one place to pass though, anywhere else is super, super risky and the usual suspects don't car and will try to pull it off anyways which ends in tears. I've had idiots trying to pass ENTERING the final chicaney thingy. Like really? ****.

25. MattDalton

MattDalton

True but that happens on all tracks. Once someone tries it once I tend to take evasive action from then on and use cutbacks. They outbreak themselves if you take a different line then you don’t see them again

26. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I had a guy wanting to go two wide in at Flugplatz today. I was on the inside, put myself there when I saw him coming up fast, so thought OK, if you like. I held the inside line but since he couldn't turn in where you usually do he went wide and kissed the amco.
    Silly even trying there.
    I agree with you! Amazing fun race. I saved a replay this morning, will share it in game so you can have a look.

27. jad866

jad866

think i will give C a shot tonight has to be more fun than the follow the RCZ/TT around for 11 laps of blahhhhhhhhhhhh. The ring at the very least is challenging even if you are by yourself

Dairyworker, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  28. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Whoa there, try the Jaguar, My best qualy time is a 56.9 with the RCZ and 57.0 with the Shaguar. It loses VERY little on the straights and you can exit faster onto the long full throttle zones as it turns in a bit better.

It is absolutely an option.

29. jad866

jad866

i will give it a shot I am at a 56.3 with the TT but RCZ is better for me at least in the race I can only get to a 56.5 with the RCZ for some silly reason in quali

Pigems likes this.
  30. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

The Jag is a little harder to race as it is, ofcourse, less stable. But it's worth racing with it to beat the FF bordeom.

PhlebMike, Dairyworker, 05XR8 and 3 others like this.