"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 8, 2021.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

Race B Trifecta in the RX-V. Not as fast and stable as the Mustang, but better rear end rotation.
    Over ambitious Beetle, dives at T1 on Lap 2. I just ease on over for the switchback. Pulled away from there. Back up to A/S.

Sean YZF, NosOsH and Pigems like this.
  2. NoStopN

NoStopN

Especially with Kie in the room. :sly:

GT5Power and Pigems like this.
  3. 24HuresdeLoL

24HuresdeLoL

Had a win in my grasp, but so close yet so far, again:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Timm Sheehan, DefInfinity and Pigems like this.
  4. NSP525

NSP525

Beetle has some race pace, maybe even a good qualy lap too.

5. SileightyCyrus

SileightyCyrus

Well fancy seeing you 'round these parts, beautiful

Pigems and Mistah_MCA like this.
  6. jpine324

jpine324

Just won my first daily on Yami with my new wheel(g923)! And moved up to Dr C! So much more consistent

crusselz, NAXEHT, NoStopN and 17 others like this.
  7. DefInfinity

DefInfinity

I really don't want to work on this database right now, so I'm choosing to procrastinate here.

Race C is a blessing... most of the time. The first race was hilarious, after an incredibly long wait I sat on the grid with the car in reverse - don't ask me how - I sprung from P8 to P16 in 2 seconds, or maybe even less. I did eventually make it back up to P5, but not without the punishment of the racing gods: that red S was horrifying.

The second was a bit uneventful, with just a regular race from P8 to P3. A few bumps here and there, but nothing crazy.

The last race, however, was nuts and stressful from beginning to end. The camera for most of the video is what I actually saw.

I came from P15 to P5, with probably a bit of potential for more. Accelerating out of the hairpin was my achilles' heel, and nearly cost me and another's race on lap 8 (~12:00 in the video). The wheelspin on the car is sneaky, so really watch out for it when coming out of the slow corners!

NSP525, Pigems and C_Raccoon23 like this.
  8. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Gee that Supra is hard to go past isnt it. Tried supra, merc, mustang and beetle. Merc felt awful but did a 31.6 somehow. Mustang got down to 31.4 and beetle 31.3. Supra 31.1 and more left in me. That time appears competitive with SB drivers.

Issue with merc and stang is they really need to be on an optimal line, racing with them would be tricky as they just do not allow me to rotate easily enough.

The supra is squirrely as always and I am having huge issues with the last corner. I am trying to use less tc as it kills your speed on this track and especially with the supra as it cuts in aggressively and just soaks speed out of the last corner and trough the fast chicane.

Will give the beetle a few more laps tomorrow but I suspect the supra will be tough to beat.

9. C_Raccoon23

C_Raccoon23 Premium

Took three rounds of Race C to get my SR above 90 again. Good grief. My fourth and last race for the night was a proper one. Currently have a qualifying time of 1:36.962, which started me in fourth for this lobby.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210209002403.png

Back to A rank as well. I hope things don’t go downhill again next time I get on.

10. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Had fun in B yesterday, racing the GT and it's amazing in a no tire wear race.
    Met @Norrin Radd in my last race too. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow GTplaneteer!

11. Groundfish

Groundfish

Hmm I ran just a few Yamagiwa for testing...haven’t run it in a long time.
    I just remembered that it always seems like everyone else is a class above me here, like any PD track not named Seaside or Gardens lol.
    I tried Mustang but for this one I might need some M6 action to get any sort of qual in.

12. 24HuresdeLoL

24HuresdeLoL

then this happened...
    Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 11.08.29 PM.png

oh boy:boggled::nervous:

13. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Have done 3 race B’s and it is by far the biggest SR killer this week.

Can’t quite nail the esses? Don’t worry, just dive in beside someone and use them to keep you on track.

Find the chicane difficult to navigate? No worries, just shunt the side of the car in front to get your car rotated.

Can’t remember where the braking point is for a turn? Don’t fret, the guy in front will know so just use him to stop in time.

FML, what a wreckfest.

NSP525, Pigems and OJBrit like this.
  14. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

I've not had a race at Yamagiwa yet but run a bunch of qually laps in the M6. I'm a long way off the pace, with a 1:34 flat. It looks like the track limits here are much more generous than I thought though, having looked at some of the replays and streams. It's weird how one week the track limits are super sensitive, the next week you can put your whole car off the track - while delicately keeping a wheel or two on the rumble strips at all times - and you're okay. Much learning to be done I think!

Jwptexas, bone_tone, NSP525 and 2 others like this.
  15. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, Race B.... Keep using the META, even when you don't know how to drive it. Stability: thy name is Mustang. Met a one race nemesis, who couldn't control the Supra. It knocks me off. I regain composure and catch back up. The same player, set a qualy .5 seconds quicker than me, still hasn't controlled the car. I just barrelled it at the esses. Picked up 4 seconds, dropped from 2nd to 3rd at the PZ. Post race, the player types, "Don't cry.". I typed, "Control that car!".

Before next race, I lay down a qualy nearly a second faster in the RX-V. Dropped to 1:32.5xx. Pre -race screen. Same player is now three places behind me(I think finished out of the top 10 with a penalty). I finish 3rd after a different Supra(one of those ram players) divebomb-nudges me at the esses. I caught up to it, as it continues to go off track on the last lap.

Last race in the RX-V, I start 2nd behind an R8. I was too kind. Gave too much room at the last sector, touched the left tyre on the edge of the track, before the final esses and dropped spots spinning off. I coulda-woulda-shoulda passed it early in the lap, as I was much faster, but race just started and wanted to build a gap to P3. Finished inside the top 10.

Jump back in the Mustang: Pole/Win/FL/CRB by 10 seconds. Quit while I'm ahead.

16. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Yeah it was a good race, well a bit dirty but nothing malicious. Still getting beat by a Grandpa :ouch:. Really enjoying this race and if I can just get a bit faster I might do well, the FT-1 really is the best for me, a good second better than other so the only problem now is my driving.

17. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Well... I ran three races there and my SR stayed on 63-71. So I decided to go to C to repair....
    7 laps later I am at SR 20.....

18. Stephan

Stephan Premium

When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside.

Untitled3.png

One single Daily Race C all it took for that to happen but no biggies. Just have to grind my way out again via Daily Race B.

But anyways, the succeeding Daily Race C attempts I did ended me up racing with low rated drivers so because of that, two wins (45 and 46). Least that washes off the huge DR I lost.

upload_2021-2-9_20-46-7.png

19. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

This is precisely why Race C is not my place this week. :S

JEverettL and Pigems like this.
  20. NSP525

NSP525

Stang in the race could be ok, not sure it has the front end to attack the bends aggressive enough for qualy, I know I couldn't turn anything under a 33 in it, losing out on the long sweepers with it.

Pigems, Groundfish and JEverettL like this.
  21. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

I love racing the SF... but the huge closing speed differentials in braking zones, and the ridiculous penalty system, combined with the ever-present idiot driver who 'just doesn't get it' in every race means it's rendered a no-go... shame, because in reality, the racing in the SF are SO FUN to race, and when raced 'properly' make for some of the most realistic racing in the game. (Meaning you earn what you deserve, and the racing usually sorts out to a fair result, if the contact at the starting stage of the race doesn't ruin it for everyone.)

I was excited about giving it a go at Suzuka in Race C this week, but now think I'll continue my sabbatical until the FIA season starts.

22. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

just use the alt my dude. Don’t worry about ratings and just take it as race practice. I ran from the back last night three times. 99>82>99>80. Still fun and my main account is safe. If I reset the alt? Oh well.

It’s keeping my skills/reflexes sharp for FIA.

23. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Sir, according to the Cambridge Dictionary "repair" means "to fix something that is broken or damaged". Me thinks you went the wrong direction.

24. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I think you're right. It wasn't repair it was dispair....

25. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Getting the odd bad race B, but generally getting my SR back up. Got back to 66 now at 55. Could maybe do a C and just pit and wait then run round the back to get a boost, but can't race it. Too many bad players and to be honest I'm not much better at that set up.

26. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Spent yesterday evening learning Kyoto since it's the first track I had ever raced in Sport Mode and needed to erase that ugly kscore time in the 1:35s :lol:

Brought out the usual suspect Ford GT and tried to emulate that driver in Oceania but I couldn't ever catch him feels like the chicanes are more of a crapshoot than anything else. Managed to get the Ford down to 1:31.670 and I'll be out on the main this week racing.. see y'all out on the track :cheers:

27. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

Yeahaha! 25K! Finally!
    Had my goal to hit 25k by the end of the last FIA season, but oh well, lol.
    Had some amazing races since the start of my journey, been really close to 25 before, both at Alsace Gr1 and Interlagos Gr3, but Bathurst was the one that finally pushed me over, I can't quali there at all but I always make up places whenever I race.
    I had two epic overtakes, both at the same sharp uphill left, the others messed up T2 on cold tires, so I went and held the left side.

28. Groundfish

Groundfish

I haven’t got many laps in but, me too. Like 33.2. Got about 10-15 minutes in this morning in the M6, seemed to be hitting the same-unable to break 33.

Wow. That’s quick. I may just end up saying heck with tryin to be competitive at the front on B this week and just race.
    I like the SF, and USED to enjoy Suzuka but I think I’m still tired of it from when it was every single week for like a year...So predictably getting divebombed at the hairpin, Spoon, and Casio kinda kills the fun at times...

29. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

That is hustling. I can do a 32 if all is perfect but 31 beyond me.

30. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

First Sport Mode race I ever did was Kyoto almost exactly a year ago and this combo or track don't come around often so I'll be practicing throughout the week trying to improve. I try to stay away from SF cars even though I should definitely be learning them!

Thanks, the Supra seems much more effortless to get better times but I try and stay away from the META at least until later in the week when I feel I've peaked. The guy in Oceania has the Ford doing 31 flat so I've got about 7 tenths I need to find :lol:

Groundfish, 05XR8, JEverettL and 3 others like this.