"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 18, 2020.

1. MIE1992

MIE1992

I guess the NSX is out of the question, then?

Pigems likes this.
  2. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

Agreed, I was thinking about this recently too. Bought the game for $10 at holidays last year, and it's amazing. Sure, Sony gets my monthly PSN money, and that adds to the take on their side, but it's a great value.

That's why, though some would disagree, I would be plenty open to a subscription fee to race in clean, policed leagues where the crap that ruins the game online could be reduced or eliminated. The game is so fundamentally fun, and accessible, as a sim game, that I'd be willing to make it better with a paid environment to control the behavior. Asking for machine logic to deal with it is not feasible, especially as it has grown. Why not carve out some more exclusive community where those of us who want it, can have a better place to enjoy it?

The alternative is that GT trends toward more arcade gaming, and leaves the more competitive players looking at iRacing or others... and I don't think that is what PD wants, and I think their product is good enough that it deserves better than to compete with Forza or others.

3. El_Beardo

El_Beardo Premium

This already exists. Lobby/league racing.

4. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Let me add to the fun list of responses
    [​IMG]
    I never qualified, 25% win ratio from the back :crazy: (Only on Nord thanks to a crap penalty system pitting me against easier competition)

5. theschledy

theschledy

Race B is OK, but it would be a lot better with:

Medium tires.
    Grid Start.
    4 laps.

I'm getting sick of hard tires every week.

NosOsH and Pigems like this.
  6. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I would happily pay as much as I pay to play online to have a separate set of dailies that where marshalled by humans. Not present in the race but viewing the reports and assigning blame to make the SR work well. But that would likely also mean that all FIA was like that. I'm not sure PD want to make it less accessible.

The daily races with the hard tires are excellent training for the hard tire laps in FIA.

It's not. If you enjoy it, race it.

7. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

Based on the number of people who actually participate in the FIA races, not sure it's unreasonable.

Pigems likes this.
  8. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

If PD is smart, right now they are looking at everything out there, and all the data they have in this game, and DEVELOPING A MORE ADVANCED SR DR LICENSING system.
    You know, one that’s effective.
    Thinking about it the single biggest issue in the game is that right there...
    If they can get that right in the next title it will be fantastic.
    It needs to be much more advanced not just issuing penalties but also licensing tests at a minimum for different tracks and classes.
    It’s unforgivably bad right now that for the average player online is a 50-50 proposition whether to expect a fair race.
    Matchmaking is everything.
    They need to invest respources into it.
    LOTS of resources.
    ACC is coming. At first they won’t have players tho in NA for console, PD has a limited window of opportunity to continue and expand what they did with GTS.
    Huge opportunity...
    Imagine if the system worked well most of the time say 80-90 percent.
    Punters largely eliminated or rather separated from fair racers....Think about how great that could be...edit even leaving everything else alone and just porting over as is...

9. El_Beardo

El_Beardo Premium

If, and it's a BIG if, they can improve the AI to a high enough level, it'd be nice to see a seperate license to race online.

Maybe something along the lines of "must complete five races against AI with less than three minor SR down incidents." Although, that would mean a decent penalty algorithm, and the need for them to clearly decide what is, and isn't a major/minor incident.

I won't hold my breath, though.

10. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I’m not either, but I really don’t think it’s anything more than investing sim money.
    Sim some lol.
    Already you have companies stepping up the peripheral quality...Those new Thrustmaster pedals don’t use pots and gears and 16 bit res. WITH LCbrake. Fan has a dd wheel...
    These are very nice tools, the game needs to live up.
    Im not holding my breath, but imo from outside guessing looking in it’s just a case of a company flush with money investing it.

Pigems likes this.
  11. theschledy

theschledy

FIA races would be better with:

No hard tires.
    Grid start.
    More than 14 laps.:lol:

12. 05XR8

05XR8

I still don't mess with the settings. Just TCS 0. I love to drive. Give me a car that can handle and I'll make it work.

Sure, there are faster cars, but the Supra has that beautiful sound from bonnet cam. Hearing it in replays, it's got to be the best engine&exhaust note in GR.4.

I also test myself. Fast drivers in fast cars, can I keep up or improve my position in a non-META? I always accept that challenge.

My mantra is, I race hard and fair. Just because I'm using a slower car, doesn't mean I'm slow. I've used META cars. Some I don't like the look of. Like the Pepe le'Pewgeot. I prefer the Megane and Scirocco designs. With the TT, I wish PD would have offered alt TT Cup colours.

Anyway, my Supra time places me here in the list:
    215 [​IMG] 1:48.292 A S

Two seconds slower than #1. Again, many races serve up surprises. Just have fun! :)

13. koshmare

koshmare

This week hot laps

14. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

This weeks guide to follow the hot laps above haha :). Rather timely haha!

15. golfer07840

golfer07840

Soft tires for 4 laps would be better. Perhaps it's me, but I find the difference between hard and medium tires to be minimal.

BallPtPenTheif, theschledy and Pigems like this.
  16. MIE1992

MIE1992

Note on Race C: the 4C mostly does better in the esses that come before the second checkpoint, but for most of the track, it cannot keep up with the TT Cup nor RCZ, which in turn seem like the most popular cars.

Pigems likes this.
  17. El_Beardo

El_Beardo Premium

Literally just finished watching this. Your tip to stay to the left at the final chicane should save me a tenth or two.

Tidgney and Pigems like this.
  18. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

Thanks. I was gonna use the 86 but the TT Cup tyre wear is non existent lol. I’ll go TT Cup then.

Tidgney and Pigems like this.
  19. Pigems

Pigems Premium

It’s not often I get to use my favourite car twice in one week! I loves me some TT Cup. :D

BB+3

BB+2

Dairyworker, BenRod, Rosty_14 and 7 others like this.
  20. NoStopN

NoStopN

Different strokes for different folks. I have my personal favorite cars. If I need to make a tweak here or there to make it handle better, that's what I'll do. With the BoP settings, it's difficult for a "faster" straight line car to take advantage of the speed. Since I like heavier, "faster" cars, I have to be able to control the car. I'm really reinforcing your point about handling being more important than raw speed, but we have different ways to get to a good handling car.

IMO, the TT is one of the most ill-handling cars I've ever tried in the game. I know there are guys who could spank me with the TT, but it is too much understeer mixed with torque steer for my liking. It's been a while since I've driven the 86, I might have to take it out of the garage.

21. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

I love the flashing [[[2]]] before the chicane at DTS... yeah: right! (man up and keep it in 5th! Nice!)

And thanks for the BB settings tips. Saves some trial and error.

Pigems likes this.
  22. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

Let me know how it goes. Its been a while since I drove the TT Cup. Its fine to handle for me.

Pigems likes this.
  23. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

So far I am faster in the 650s than in the RCZ on DTS II

05XR8 and Pigems like this.
  24. Moon_k

Moon_k

I haven't driven daily C yet, but maybe later in the week I'll try that combo out when I'm available. Seeing the TT doing well in a daily race at a combo is a nice change of pace. Kind of tired to see the Megan, 4C's and the Caymen in gr.4 at the top of their classes in race trim. Who knows, could be fun.

KosmoKazi and Pigems like this.
  25. NoStopN

NoStopN

Oh, that was my statement that I don't plan to run the TT.

Trone_Colby and Pigems like this.
  26. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I’ve got the Supra down to an 18.1, I think I can get into the 17’s with a cleaner lap, this one was a little messy in places. :)

BB-2

BallPtPenTheif and Dairyworker like this.
  27. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

I know. I meant for the 86

Pigems likes this.
  28. golfer07840

golfer07840

I am so sick and tired of Central and South American drivers. The absolute WORST

Why the heck don't theyhave their own servers like in Nations or Mfg??

Petroperu likes this.
  29. Famine

Famine Administrator

There are no servers in Daily Races, it's peer-to-peer.

A while back PD did split the regions up for Daily Races too, but the lobby numbers would have been pathetic. Imagine 75,000 weekly players in Sport Mode (like the record low in March 2019) worldwide. If you're being kind and saying half are in Europe and a third are in North America, with the remaining 1/6 in Asia, Australia, and South America, you'd be looking at 3,500 players per day in North America and 1,000 in South America, split across all ability levels.

There's 192 races a day in the Daily Races, and they're mutually exclusive so a player can enter a maximum of 72 of them in one day. Even if everyone spent all day doing nothing but Daily Races, that'd be an average of 48 people in North America, and 14 in South America. There's simply not enough people to fill the lobbies.

Remember, they're also likely experiencing something similar with regards to North American drivers. Latency doesn't care which end of the pipe you're on.

30. Moon_k

Moon_k

That something I didn't know, If you're right about the dailys network configuration.
    Knowing this makes me wonder why Open lobbies are locked at 16 ppl currently.