"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RZQSPEED, May 13, 2019.

1. De_Breuk

De_Breuk

So if you bought the Super Formula Honda you can’t compete in Race C until you have saved enough to also buy the Toyota?

Stencedaddy and Pigems like this.
  2. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

yes, Race C is for the Toyota only. madness.

Pigems likes this.
  3. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

Thats why I bought both as soon as they came out. That way it also doesn't matter which the livery is for since I have both.

SmokeyMR2 and Stencedaddy like this.
  4. Loverson

Loverson

That's what i meant on my post about that. It's insane. Was about to pull off 3:58-9 but went wide at the end cost me the whole lap :lol:

5. Pigems

Pigems

SLS is Faster yes. :cheers:

Race B Sucks!! Penalties are uneven and unpredictable, golly bull crap!! From SR 99 to SR B in two races so far, and the first one I got a White S, so in one race really. I think I’m done with B other than the time trial.

I bump him slightly and he loses zero time, I get 5s, he hits me into a wall and he only gets 1s even though I lost time and hit a wall.

For real? This was never a penalty before, you could blow waaaay wide there.

This one was partially my fault but in reality he should not have been blocking on the apex when he clearly knew he was going way slower. I felt like he deliberately tried to block me here, but somehow I get the only penalty?

This one was just stupid, I maintained my course the entire time, did not swerve or brake, he hit me and magically loses it and I get a penalty? Seriously?

Race B sucks! :lol:

6. DelboyD

DelboyD

The Porsche is a bit much! I'm a 1.01 and its tricky to be consistent too. Done 20 laps or so. Not sure I can be bothered with it.

Update: I can't be bothered. Got my first Super Formula car instead!

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Pigems likes this.
  7. MikeV27

MikeV27

I’ve been doing Race B with no qualy time set and lets say it has been “interesting”.

Pigems likes this.
  8. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

Thanks for the heads up :lol:. I think I will be rolling race C this week (even tho I think this will be a wreckfest)! Will try some race A but not really my type of race.

Pigems likes this.
  9. sturk0167

sturk0167

Just did my first B race. What a :censored: show. So many penalties. There was a ghosted car serving a penalty, and the guy in front of me freaked out and braked way too early. I slammed him right off the track and got an SR down and 4 sec penalty. I'm gonna go with my original plan and use a car that's a bit slower, but has better handling and braking.

10. Lilium

Lilium

@Pigems on your second video, you had to be already at the rumble strip before the end of it, or it would issue a penalty. Its been like this for around 3 months, if not mistaken

SmokeyMR2 and Pigems like this.
  11. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

This Porsche is a real tricky sun ofa gun. After 14 laps i am still trying to get the hang of it, the back end just doesn't want to stay in line. Having lots of fun drifting it though lol best time so far is still over a minute. I think i will be able to tuck into a 59 once i get the car figuerd out. I see 58's on the leaderboard already, i don't understand.

Sad to see race b is such a mess, i was looking forward to trying that one...

12. Pigems

Pigems

Soooo, Liveries aren’t interchangeable between the Toyota and Honda SF cars. Are you kidding me? It’s the exact same effin car!! :mad:

13. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I think you will find that's a common theme. I don't think you can use the same livery between the Gr.3 M6's either. Better than the stupid Mercedes F1 where you can't do *anything* to it :banghead:.

I did some qualifying laps of the circus. Unfortunately I overdid it and my thumb is too buggered to race. I was closing in on a under 4min lap time. Bit miffed that I can't use *my* racing lines :rolleyes:. Stupid re-spawn :odd:.

14. ShrekIsLove

ShrekIsLove

OMG the Super Formula race is a mess. The Le Mans one too. Complete ****show as usual with a bunch of Italians and Spaniards taking out everyone. Pathetic weekly races :(

Shearzy likes this.
  15. Loverson

Loverson

Daily B racing at backpack is horrible, so yeah better get qualify top.

Pigems likes this.
  16. MikeV27

MikeV27

3 races and they have all beenn hard on the SR. All I have is the Lexus prototype on my eu account, it feels so slow on the straights. The McLaren hauls ass.

Pigems likes this.
  17. sturk0167

sturk0167

For me, the results definitely seem better with a more stable car than a top speed car.
    Only 2 Lemans races in and Mclaren F1 guys seem to be the biggest idiots (like the TT guys in Gr.4). They use their speed for bullying, but most that I've seen can't drive them very well. Pretty sure Murph is gonna get reset this week. :lol:

*Side note; Just noticed that the driving aids are back.

05XR8, NosOsH, Invisigoth and 6 others like this.
  18. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

How hard would it have been to make a SF class for the JP Super Formula cars? Now I have to buy both?

19. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

This is why I bought both SFs as soon as I found out the first SF weekly was one make. It should be both cars like real life. It makes no sense to split them up in an FIA sponsored game.

20. speeeyskells

speeeyskells

Here is a rare thing. I picked up a 3rd place on Race B and did not get a penalty (someone I think jumped one of the chicanes at the end of the race and that person I think was rightly given a penalty. Will need to check the shared replay to make sure.) I started 11th without doing a fast lap

Qyn, JoeyLeonine, Invisigoth and 2 others like this.
  21. Pigems

Pigems

Autopolis is such a tough track, I’m down to a 27.2 so far with an Optimal of 26.8 but the gains are in the first half of the track and I can’t hold on to them through the rest of it to cash them in yet. :lol:

Now to go save up some cash on my other account so I can do Race C. :)

22. watto79

watto79

Let's not make sweeping statements about nationalities now.

The races are always a little messy at the start of the week as everyone gets to grips with the combinations. I did 2 Race B's and it was indeed a mess but it won't be like that all week.

To repair my SR I did a race C from the back (no qualifying). It was a mixed grid of DR A+ to DR D. Starting at the back was an absolute god send but fun watching the turn 1 carnage :lol:.

Started 20th, finished 9th in a race I wasn't interested in racing in! An alien started just ahead of me in P19 and finished 2nd.

23. DriftShock

DriftShock

Super Formula Toyota
    Ok, nobody laugh if you see anyone driving a car with miku on the side, that’s probably me lol

Everyone says Italy is full of dirty drivers.
    They’re actually just super OP
    Seriously, I was in a lobby with two Italian players and they destroyed everyone. I finished 3rd with a 10 second gap to second

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2019
    Romafo72 and Pigems like this.
  24. kemmac

kemmac

Race A and Race C are destiny to lose DR & SR. No thanks and thank you! I stick Race B this week.

Pigems likes this.
  25. Pigems

Pigems

I’m sorry to disappoint you but B is no better. :)

Schalkehelmi, vvise, F1LMFan and 4 others like this.
  26. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

I'm not really feeling Race B. I ended up with 4 track penalties when I thought I was well within the track limits.

I raced in the Yank Tank GT and didn't seem to gain an advantage on the straights. For contrast, a 911 was able to keep up with me most of the way.

2 laps feels too short. 4 would be better, it's over way too quickly for my liking. La Sarthe is definitely suited for longer/endurance-based races.

27. Loverson

Loverson

Got my victory on Race B with Pug VGT, qualified 1st with 3:58.253 but i'm so bad at handling pressure. Had a terrible pace, even with some of the racers with penalty they keep catching up to me, could have won with a 5 second or more of lead but hey, still a victory!

Romafo72, GT5Power and Pigems like this.
  28. Lgirasol

Lgirasol

While spending all morning trying to convert a second place start into an actual podium finish, I managed to get a clean race bonus despite a half second penalty. I guess I must’ve barely cut the corner at Indianapolis. Not sure.

Oh crap, now I’m pole....

Romafo72, Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  29. sturk0167

sturk0167

No. It's your alt account, bro. Penalties and SR/DR aren't supposed to matter. I briefly lost sight of that when my alt account DR went up to about 35k, and I started to think I need to protect it. At that point, using the alt account wasn't as fun as it used to be. That's why I was trying to reset it, last week (back to worry-free racing) :). I hope you will reconsider. It's a great track. :tup:

So, now if I'm in a race like the one's you had at La Sarthe, this morning, and people want to be jerks and slam each other around, I'm like "Ok, fine. That's how you want to do it? Let's get it on!" (As I've stated previously, I did not create the account to be a trouble maker, however I will be less patient with rammers and dive bombers).

30. Lgirasol

Lgirasol

And that went terribly... Race B has really been a test of racecraft. Keeping mistake-free has been a problem. The pace seems to be there to run near the front with the McLaren, now I just gotta keep my head screwed on straight. To make matters worse one of my late braking goofs took out a fellow competitor and he exited the room before I could apologize. Sigh, that’s probably my cue to get to work...

Romafo72 likes this.