"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. sturk0167

sturk0167

Super fun final lap at race B. I'm in a Genesis against a couple of Jags and a Lambo. It was clean and fast.
    I screwed the pooch in the final turn, but didn't care, because I had a good time. Always take the inside at the final turn if given the choice.
    I really like the cinematic view.

2. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

woof, haha. I ran a bad first lap, and got caught up in some shenanigans after.

The cherry on top was my last run through the chicane. Got a little too confident. Let’s just say my car doesn’t make it across the finish line if damage is on, haha.

Looks like you had a good run though.

RacingGrandpa, Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  3. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Pleasure to share the track with you man, hopefully the next one goes a little better for you! :cheers: It was a nice run, he stayed right on me the entire time, nice and clean too. He attempted to make a move a couple times and almost pulled it off once. After the final corner I pulled over before we got to the line and gave it to him, I didn’t want to take a win from someone who may not get many. I’m just building up a new account, I don’t need the dubs, I’m just looking for some good races. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Me: Ugh, Suzuka with Gr. 3, this is gonna be hard. Suzuka is one of my weakest tracks.

/gets 1:59.4 in 30 minutes/

Me: yo what the heck.

5. 05XR8

05XR8

Love the cameras at DTS. Makes the racing look action packed.

williams_v_r, sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  6. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

My biggest beef with the CoD is that drivers are so scared of it they wont learn it. Two of the three races I ran there last night I kept bump drafting cars at the CoD exit because they were nearly stopped. Fortunately for my self esteem, all my "victims" got a speed boost without upsetting their car so I don't feel gulity. It's really hard to avoid them though if I'm quick through that sequence because the exit is near blind until you're past the last apex.

7. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

Race B QT: 01:46.1XX

I need a wheel right now

8. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I should have won the race I just finished. I had a 1 second lead going into the T2/T3 combo on Lap 3 and got a little to far over the curb and spun out. Had to claw back to finish 11th). :banghead:

it’s going to be okay though. This is a good track for me I think, and the more I learn it, the less unforced errors I’ll make.

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  9. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I smoked a guy there tonight, I lifted but he braked pretty hard. I felt pretty bad about it, but somehow I didn’t even get a penalty, I actually got a CRB. :lol:

10. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I’m a beacon of consistency, haha.

Just finished the last race for me tonight. Qualified P2. I got punted hard at T6 and ended up last. Finished p15 AND ran the fastest lap. :boggled:

Tomorrow is another day.

Edit: it’s a good sign that I’m qualifying in the top 2-3 positions in B/S rooms though. Until RayFinkle advances a bit, that is :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  11. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

Utterly stunned. I just won at DTS, in the 86. Second. Win. Ever. Racing is pretty clean, so I'll stick with it.

DelboyD, sturk0167, BenRod and 11 others like this.
  12. Granadier

Granadier

See, this is why you should move outta LA. You can be a star elsewhere.

Pigems likes this.
  13. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I don't even live there. But we still have a ton of traffic here.

Pigems likes this.
  14. Granadier

Granadier

The traffic is infectious

Pigems likes this.
  15. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

SO, I started the night in the low, low C's, and it was pretty good. Ran the 86, mostly, Q in the mid 1:48's. Got 1 win, a P2, and a bunch of decent top 10's. Tried the SLS, got Q to 1:48.224, but didn't like it in the race. Ran the Stang once, but as I got into the "higher" C's the night got rougher. One good punt, and some stupid brake checking, and I think I'll call it for tonight. Penalty system gets a "maybe" for tonight...

Illum_Concept likes this.
  16. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Yesterday I did 3rd race C, another +1,3k dr:) Now Im on 23,5k, but if today I do 6 good races maybe I can get A rank for the first time ever:) No this would not happen, today is Nations Cup day. Maybe tommorow;)

17. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

Idk if I'm tripping or anything, but the penalty mishap that's plaguing the game at the moment seems to be screwing up the matchmaking as well.

I've gotten massive position gains and final fastest laps consecutively the past few races lately, and in no way am I that fast of a driver! At all!!!

JEverettL, Pigems and LVS_1986 like this.
  18. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

You are now matched by DR points and QT. If you are faster or as fast in race as your QT then you might get that because most people are nowhere near as fast as their QT

19. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

So how matchmaking worked before, by SR?

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  20. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Yes. Still does, but now almost everybody is SR S so the pool is much bigger and DR and QT decides.

21. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Hmmm, ok. But in my last yesterdays race guy on pole was 2,00.xxx I was 4th with 2,01.750 and last guy was about 2,03-04, so differences in QT were big. So if matchmaking depends on QT, its pretty random anyway:) All players B/S

Pigems likes this.
  22. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

3 seconds over 16 players are pretty close. It's not supposed to be everybody has a chance of winning.

Pigems and LVS_1986 like this.
  23. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

20 players it was race C;)

24. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

That just reminded me of this job I had a while ago. It required me to travel between cities (in my region) almost daily. Whenever I had to travel far between two cities (in one day), I'd have to leave early, as by 5AM, the traffic on this one highway starts to get horrendous. What would take 20 minutes to get from my house to my job's office (about four towns over) will now take up to an hour. I'd have to leave slightly earlier if I have to go to my office, get what I need*, travel PAST my town to go to this town that is like 50 miles from my office (as I have to use the same highway), and get to my job.

What makes this worse is that on the way back, the time I left the town to go back to the office will determine if I either can: 1) Smooth sail it back to the office and back home, 2) Go for a mad dash to try to avoid traffic jam, or 3) Cry, as I will be stuck in traffic for hours and come home late.

*Sometimes, the things I needed weren't ready yet, so I'd have to go to the office on the morning-of, and get said things.

25. 05XR8

05XR8

Yesterday, someone set a top ten time in the 86(haven't checked if it's still up). That was my goal, to see how close I could get. My optimum has been 46.0(I'm down to 46.3) in the Supra. Like others, I might have to get a wheel.

First race, I was battling for third, but pulled over once my connection dropped to one bar.:rolleyes:

Next races saw some hard racing. Some questionable moves as well.
    Gotta say, those Huracans in my races, are a bit in the way. I haven't seen one navigating any of the esses quickly. Those qualy times are masking it's weaknesses during a race. Again, just from my races.
    IMG_20200114_185034.jpg IMG_20200114_185039.jpg EOOUo60U0AYBgxO.jpeg

26. 05XR8

05XR8

Servers down?

Pigems likes this.
  27. xke

xke

Did yesterday the Daily C race twice. The first time was fine nice close clean racing with dr C-D-B and SR C-D. The second race with all drivers with a driver rating C and Sportsmanship S was like stock car racing .... I thought that S should have been beter than this ....

Pigems and LVS_1986 like this.
  28. 05XR8

05XR8

Intro to Daily Race B after 7:30PM.

JEverettL, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  29. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Who you get matched against starts off with SR. Once it find enough with the same SR, it goes by DR to try matching a grid with similar DR, then it separates that down to qualifying times. If there are enough people with similar DR to you, that's who you will be matched against, regardless of your qualifying speed. If you are DR/D and have a qualifying speed similar to DR/Bs, you will still be matched against DR/Ds .. just probably pole .

Qualifying laps are done without the effects of dirty tyres, traffic and debris buildup on the outside edges of the track. Once these come into play, the faster qualifiers may not have the race craft to drive fast in an actual race. I qualified P3 the other day. Come the race, the track conditions meant I just kept dropping places, even though no one was hitting me.

Kinda odd. Once you make the turn at the bottom of the hill into the esses you should be flat to the floor all the way to the kerb stones just before the corner that takes you to the bus stop. The Lambo is down on torque?

30. 05XR8

05XR8

In this one, the Lambo I'm behind, set a 46.0(Edit: 45.5). Yes, many cars depend on the player, but I thought even the ones behind me would be a problem. It's only been the Vantage. Now, I'm seeing the RC F isn't that flash, if we're not on a straight.

Pigems, LVS_1986 and Redneckchef like this.