"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Geauxgreddy

Geauxgreddy

Race A was a hoot. I've learned to embrace the chaos of T1. Just let it happen, stay on track, find your passes in Lap 2 and on. The penalties are absolutely brutal. I'm trying to give space and if someone turns into you its an SR down. One SR down without a penalty is enough to drop your SR, add to that a penalty and ouch. Only managed two out 7 clean. Afraid to even bring up Kudos. LOL. Did pick up a few W's usually from p2. Seems like pole is the worst place to start. That outside into T1 is a death warrant.

I had a great door to door battle with a Brazilian this morning UDI_Wilian. Both gave space, but still raced hard. Lots of fun. It is difficult to have a good race and salvage SR, though. Trying to hang on someones bumper you'll have a touch or two. Not talking murder or push to pass, just little taps. Those SR downs are brutal in Race A.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Pigems, Andy_EVO432, BenRod and 3 others like this.
  2. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Ohhhh that was you! Ha I said to my missus there was a particularly polite racer tonight. I think I nabbed you the race before too in a cleaner move than the second race. OK "unclean" is a bit unfair but I was not up to your C-pillar and ddn't make the apex. For T1 a NGP it was clean but I would normally get further up before passing. I was afraid of the yellow Porsche, I'd had 4 races with that guy and he pushes past a bit aggressively and was behind me so I was edgy.

Don't worry about the tap, mostly cos I got away with it! I've had random brain fade there where I use the wrong braking marker, Bathurst into the chase is the same, you realise you're 50 metres too late and oooooohhhhh no.

3. DarkSideNet

DarkSideNet

I was in there with you guys as well. Sitting in the back figuring out the circuit and the cars. :gtpflag:

Pigems, ZiggyS80 and Groundfish like this.
  4. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

You were starting last yeah?

Pigems likes this.
  5. Famine

Famine Administrator

It's a Windows 98-sorted list of Driver Rating scores.

Redneckchef, Pigems, NoStopN and 3 others like this.
  6. DarkSideNet

DarkSideNet

As Conspirituus, pretty much. @Groundfish was in there too in his boat.

Dairyworker, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  7. SlowDriver87

SlowDriver87

The SR system seems to have been tweaked a bit. I’m in a bit of a downward spiral. Had a coupe of bad FIA races and thought I could try get it back up in daily races. Got pushed off the track in race B and picked up a 1 second penalty and dropped another 7 SR. I’m down to 61 SR now. Having a tough time at the moment.

Pigems, cosme, deviln3 and 1 other person like this.
  8. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

I will have the replay up in a sec, who was Groundfish listed as? All you schmucks with different usernames, just use the one from here so I know who you are!

9. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

You can only gain (a little) SR in race A and B with absolutely no front/back contact. Any penalty or SR Down is -10 SR while race B is worth 6 SR at most with clean race bonus. Race C should have more SR. It depends on the total number of sectors in a race, about 0.30 to 0.45 SR per sector. (Seems to be on the low end nowadays while SR deductions are very high)

Dairyworker, Pigems, deviln3 and 4 others like this.
  10. DarkSideNet

DarkSideNet

Sebastes47483952897592 (I don't know the numbers :dunce:)

Dairyworker, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  11. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Good to see yous out and about! Noway I was gonna catch the pole sitter. He’s one of those 56 people like @Natalie_GT.
    I can picture the field of mostly male drivers like this when they see the handle pre race against her..:)
    Cheers and go GTP

EDIT my name there and here are the same but diff languages

12. SlowDriver87

SlowDriver87

Yeah I guessed the longer races are much better for SR as there’s more sectors. I’ve avoided race A and B for a while now but thought I’d give them a go. Back to only doing FIA races and the occasional race C now I think! People are too aggressive in dailies, at least at my level.

Pigems, deviln3 and cosme like this.
  13. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Wait what? That's Groundfish. That'll do me.

DarkSideNet and Pigems like this.
  14. cosme

cosme

Any good tips to restore SR? Should I just go to Race B with no qualification time and do a few races without any contact in the back of the pack?

Somehow missed a bunch of messages discussing exactly that right before my comment.

So a couple of edits:

Basically the longer race means better SR, sounds reasonable. Sometimes I'm thinking about doing only FIA races, what's your take?

It might sound stupid, but I get really obsessed with dailies. I can spend a lot of time improving my qualification time and then giving myself too many excuses to go "one more time". With FIA races there are only a couple of days a week and I won't be able to do more than two races a day even if I wanted to.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Pigems, Geauxgreddy and Jason885 like this.
  15. Jason885

Jason885

The only problem with that is you loose DR last week I did this to get back to SR 99 and ended up loosing all my DR.

Pigems and cosme like this.
  16. cosme

cosme

Somehow didn't think of that, thanks for the tip :tup:

Looks like longer races is the best way to go.

Pigems and Jason885 like this.
  17. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Yeah not my finest pass, was never up to the C-pillar and missed the apex but i'll take it LOL.

18. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

I've had some good racing at Race A. 6 races with 2 podiums and win in the Megane. I expected bumping/shoving and T1 chaos going into it but none so far, only a few unintentional mistakes. I don't know if it's considered a 'dirty' pleasure or unpopular opinion but I enjoy driving FF cars the most since switching to a wheel.

Although a shame the race is over so quick with a 9 min wait for the next. If it were 8 laps, I'd probably race it more.

Pigems, cosme and Geauxgreddy like this.
  19. Geauxgreddy

Geauxgreddy

Not sure how much all is, but if you're not careful with SR, you get a DR reset. I lost 13,000 DR just 2 weeks ago because I had two bad races and a really bad penalty that wasn't my fault. Had I taken a second to up my SR by staying uber clean and losing say 1,200 DR in the process, I would've saved 11,800. I'm at SR 76 and I need to hit Race C to get my SR back up. I still race, I just don't go for iffy overtakes and don't ride the person in fronts bumper like I normally do.

20. Jason885

Jason885

DR went down to 1 but then I only had 8150ish to loose finding it hard work getting my DR up :)

Pigems and Geauxgreddy like this.
  21. baygencos

baygencos

It is better losing DR racing, instead of losing at once with an SR/DR reset :D

DarkSideNet, Jason885, Pigems and 4 others like this.
  22. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Amen to this.
    Why does PD even NEED the DR reset in the first place? Just do the matchmaking based on DR, pair A drivers with A drivers, B's with B's and so on, then sort them by SR, so you have lobbies of all A/S, A/A, A/B, etc. all the way to E, then do the same for DR B, DR C, and so on.

I sometimes think PD does things in an incoherent way on purpose...

Edit: Maybe the FIA influenced them. Any of you remember the old 2017 / 2018 Formula 1 grid penalty system? It was so confusing!

baygencos, Jason885, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  23. SlowDriver87

SlowDriver87

Well that's capped off a terrible week for me. I gave race C a go and got punted to hell. The result was a DR reset and so in the space of one week I've gone from 32k DR/99 SR to 3k DR/2 SR.

24. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Ouch. Really big ouch.

baygencos, Pigems and Stencedaddy like this.
  25. SlowDriver87

SlowDriver87

Yep. Time for an extended break.

Pigems likes this.
  26. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

i got reset at Race B last night. some guy kept turning in on me every corner. i pull alongside on the inside before braking and bam just turns in and smacks me like im not even there then i have to try and pass again...same thing. i took care of him after 1 lap of that **** though. im not the one.

DarkSideNet, Pigems and Natalie_GT like this.
  27. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

One race 99 to reset? Show replay!
    ::::chants:::
    Replay replay replay :)

28. 05XR8

05XR8

So close and tempting to jump in Race B, but I'm feeling the risk of any type of contact.

Redneckchef, sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  29. Geauxgreddy

Geauxgreddy

Three of my four Daily Race As this morning. Messed up the replay save of the 4th, but it was a pretty good race as well.

30. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Seems like some A/S people have no chill when overtaking. Video will be up later. I'm so mad right now, going back to the Vantage for the race. Power advantage is significant.