"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by 05XR8, Sep 30, 2019.

1. The Cake

The Cake

Anybody else think the time slot should be closer? I always got to wait 9 minutes or more to do a new race

2. ASH32

ASH32

Yes. The races need more laps, will make them better (maybe even cleaner, well maybe) and solve this problem too. Everyone on here has been saying this for ages mind, so don't expect any changes. :(

Qyn, Redsea666, MhtyClipster and 3 others like this.
  3. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

First race on Tokyo. Yes! It's the heavy wet version at noon. I'm starting 12th of 13. Lap 1 is messy, so many drivers that brake way too much and slide back and forth. I manage to get through despite getting bumped into walls a couple times. The penalty system is very lenient, no penalties, but I do get several SR Downs for getting hit... Then I scrape the wall accidentally in the high speed right after the bridge, 5 sec penalty ugh. I see people banging off walls everywhere without penalties, random again I guess. Anyway that's the only wall hit for me and I start doing low 2:15 laps getting into 3rd 3 sec behind the leader in the last lap. The AMG in front of me steals the fastest lap by a few tenths by drafting the McLaren GTR in first in the last section. One more lap and I would have caught them both. Fun!

Starting 10th of 12 next, not a popular race...
    2nd in lap 2, 10 sec behind first, the only other one that can do this race. I get the fastest lap this time but stay about the same distance behind the leader. 3rd is 30 sec behind lol.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Gogga, Qyn, Redneckchef and 10 others like this.
  4. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

I know what i will be doing all week.....

Mopar or no car baby, and they put a 5speed in it? Nice!

1.05.736 after 5 laps. And loads of room for improvement

This car feels way different from the laps i tried over the weekend in arcade time trials. It is doing what i expect it to mostly, but i am having a harder time dealing with it.....

Gogga, Qyn, Nismonath5 and 3 others like this.
  5. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I know what I will be doing all week: loosing SR.

Gogga, Qyn, Redsea666 and 5 others like this.
  6. splitwindow

splitwindow

Yay for me, Ima Canadian now!

OK, only moderate joy as I'm down at drC srB but I gotta start somewhere.
    I'm surprised that the lag seems to be no worse than what I get against Japan in my home Asia region,possibly better even.

Gogga, Qyn, Illum_Concept and 5 others like this.
  7. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

It seems race C is pretty safe for SR. I see a lot of penalties flashing and 3rd to last all had red dots, yet only one red and one neutral rating. Wall penalties mostly I guess, or lots of SR to gain in those 8 laps.

Race B, yeah that will probably be bad :lol:

Gogga, Qyn, Redsea666 and 2 others like this.
  8. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

B and C is where I can be found all week.

Gogga, Qyn, Redsea666 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Yes, it's been mentioned often throughout this thread for Race Bs. Race A and C finish 5 ~ 6 minutes before the next so I've no idea why Race B laps have had their number reduced when others haven't. It should match waiting times for A and C, IMO. I'd say most people are fine to have a short break between Race Cs given their length. Race B leaves me with wanting more.

I've adapted by trying out different cars between races which alleviates some pain of waiting. The last Bathurst race months ago was 3 laps so it's unlikely PD will change their stance on number of laps used.

It also introduces another problem with short races: harder to recover from mistakes or being bumped off the track. People being over-aggressive to takes spots and considering the low number of laps, it amplifies that.

Gogga, The Cake, Redsea666 and 4 others like this.
  10. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

C is so awesome, love the rain. I got another 2nd place. Unfortunately matchmaking let a notorious dirty driver in, B/B. He left with a red B naturally. Always such a temper, but still finished 4th despite all the penalties.

Luckily next race is back to all SR.S.

11. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Just some chill laps, and nothing else, with the 650S GT3.

15698512738402075108511.jpg

12. Ralliman320

Ralliman320

What level of TCS are you guys using on Race C? I've been trying to figure out how to enjoy and perform even halfway decently at the wet courses, and it's.. well, it's a struggle I've been losing up to this point. I'm generally a +2 handicap (i.e. ~1.5-2 seconds off the leaderboard), but no matter what I do--how many laps I turn, replays I watch, or ghosts I load--I'm ten seconds off the pace at a minimum. It's such a discouraging experience, I don't even bother joining the races and grenading my DR/SR.

Pigems, Leftcurl and Redsea666 like this.
  13. Granadier

Granadier

Phew. They wanted to keep 2nd so badly they grabbed 6th. What a dirty driver. I’ll watch out for them in NA.

Redneckchef, Pigems and Redsea666 like this.
  14. Redsea666

Redsea666

I'm so excited to hot lap Bathurst after work. Gr3 is a little more fun, but Gr4 will let me work on the mountain more easily.

Race C looks like..... something. I'll have to see about that one.

Pigems and Ralliman320 like this.
  15. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Race C is something, something fun lol. Surviving lap 1 is tough.

Sorry for the slight tap in T1 @sturk0167 I didn't mean to go that wide. The effect slipstream and spray has on braking is pretty big, still adjusting to that. Fun race. I kept penalty free until the last 30 seconds, car fish tailed, scraped the wall, lost time, got 5 sec, didn't lose a place :)

Gogga, dimassa19, suprajef and 7 others like this.
  16. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

i did some laps yesterday with TCS2 - but only needed it for the sharp hairpin exit, it really helps there. The rest of the track needs little braking and a little lift and coast to take you round.
    If your PSN is the same as your account name - then your figures on KudosPrime are respectable enough, i think it maybe the age old conundrum of being strong on some tracks and weaker on others - if you want to up your DR then just pick your fights carefully otherwise it's just gonna be a yo-yo scenario and WGAF about the DR :tup:

17. sturk0167

sturk0167

Oh, no problem. I made myself look like an idiot out there. First try at that race.
    Nice video. :tup:
    Check me out with the 10 penalty seconds on lap one. :lol:
    I didn't get another penalty until lap 8 (wall).
    My fastest lap was on lap 6, when I changed the TCS from 2 to 3.
    Are you using Heavy Wet tires, or Intermediate?

18. Ralliman320

Ralliman320

Yeah, I've struggled at the Tokyo tracks since I started playing GT Sport, I think mostly due to my reliance on the cone markers to reference braking points. I've recently turned those off and am rapidly improving at finding natural point references, which should help me improve in Tokyo (since cones are almost non-existent on the walled track anyway), but the progress there has been minimal. I'll take your advice on TCS usage and keep working on my qualifying lap, and if I'm still not comfortable by the end of the week.. well, I'm sure the rain will come again soon enough. :)

Redsea666, Leftcurl and Pigems like this.
  19. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Heavy wet, didn't know you can change them? Intermediates are 2 sec slower per lap at noon!

20. Pigems

Pigems

I think I’m gonna boycott Race C this week, I hate the rain. It’s the equivalent of going to a golf simulator and asking them to set it to rainy conditions, like anyone would do that? The whole point of a simulation is so you can play in ideal conditions all the time(something you can’t do IRL). Plus I’m still sour that instead of working on new tracks we are now getting re worked tracks with rain from PD, which is bull. Not to mention that Tokyo tracks are probably the worst tracks to add rain to, there is absolutely no where to go when someone ahead messes up, and now that’s gonna happen even more often with a wet track. So even more penalties for undeserving parties thanks to the mistakes of others.

Qyn, Gogga, leaves_2B and 14 others like this.
  21. Racer93

Racer93

I don't think that's exactly the point of a simulation. A simulation should be able (or at least try to) simulate any possible condition in real life, to prepare the driver to all kinds of situations. Imagine if flight simulators only had ideal sunny conditions without any turbulence, for example. The pilots would be extremely unprepared to deal with unfavorable conditions...

Qyn and Sven Jurgens like this.
  22. Pigems

Pigems

A simulator designed for training purposes is not the same as one designed for enjoyment purposes.

Qyn, suprajef and Dairyworker like this.
  23. Racer93

Racer93

Yeah, sure, GT Sport is a game, so it's not at the same level of a flight simulator, I agree. But IMO a racing sim game should give us an option to race at rain conditions, snow conditions, night time etc. The more complete a game is, better for us. Just my two cents.

Qyn, dimassa19, NosOsH and 3 others like this.
  24. O604

O604

Did a Race B for miles. 5 laps practice. QT too slow. Started last. Finished last. Lost a trunk load of DR. Nice drive though. Can't believe I actually like the track now. I used to be so scared of it.

Boy did you pick the wrong game. :lol:

Just teasing of course. I agree with your assessment of Tokyo. But to each their own, I guess.

Qyn, Gogga, 6BK and 3 others like this.
  25. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

is this a bad time to ask how the zoom boom test went? :nervous:

Qyn, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  26. Pigems

Pigems

Still watching the safety videos lol

27. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Tried a few A races with my 5.5xxx qt started 2, pole, 2. Races were not bad other than being sent to the sand t1 race 2. Made a good run from last back up to 5th so whatever. Not sure it was on purpose, as i ended up passing him as he was barely able to drive the car. Got 2nd in both other races.

I was having a serious issue with the brake pedal sticking on. I felt like i was draging an anchor for half the race. It was really bad so i tried the fix someone had shared the vidoe for with me. My terrible memory is not allowing me to remember who it was or what thread it was in, dont do drugs kids, lol

It seems to have workwd though, almost 20 laps with no "ghost" braking. And a new qt of 1.05.289 and an opt of .123 (seriously) and i am very sure i can get under 5 seconds.

Good luck on your test @Pigems

Qyn, Gogga, sturk0167 and 2 others like this.
  28. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Had 2 races this morning, and good to be back on track, although......

First race I did was Race C in the Toyko rain, and oh dear.....Got pinballed around on lap one, and ended 14th after serving various penalties, and DR - after starting 19th for no qualy time set......And my DR went from an "S" for super, to a "B" for B""l""ks!! Really annoyed with that, and I won't be touching Race C again, until I at least get time to get some practice with it, time permitting.

Then had a run in Race A, and great fun sliding the Super Bee around, I think that'll be my staple diet for at least the next couple of days while I find my feet with racing again. And I got a victory from it too! :D

71203791_10220669913439004_1693394730232053760_n.jpg

Race B with the Gr 4s at Bathurst won't interest me, boring lol.

Feeling rusty, but I'll be pushing to get some more good results this week. :)

Qyn, Gogga, Invisigoth and 6 others like this.
  29. sdi_03

sdi_03

Super Bee is such a blast :cheers:

Q-time for race A 1:04.964 BB-2

Chase cam and real game replay.

Qyn, Gogga, DelboyD and 6 others like this.
  30. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

@sdi_03 great lap man. Thanks for sharing. Helped me with a few things i was not sure about with my laps. Now to see if i can actually be any faster than currently lol

Down to 5.199 with a opt of .011

Really want a 4.xxx before i go to work

Qyn, sdi_03, suprajef and 2 others like this.