"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 16, 2020.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

It's happening on my main and alt. Something's afoot.

2. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

Daily Race C had been pretty easy-going so far today, and it's nice that there isn't one dominating car. My qualifying time keeps me safely toward the front of the grid so the chaos stays behind me. I don't really have close battles with anyone, but I can usually keep the leader in sight as long as I don't make any mistakes. Nordschleife is really a battle against the circuit anyway, so I'm satisfied if I can finish the race without leaving the tarmac. It's such a rollercoaster that the GP section feels like track day.

The disconnection issue doesn't seem to affect my ratings so it's not a major issue for me. I did however try the cache clear/restart to no effect.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  3. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

1st race of the week at the N24, love the Nordscleife section & not so keen on the GP.
    Set a reasonable QT in the Mustang & entered a race. Find myself on pole with a variety of makes behind, P2 was an AMG.
    Went for the inside line at T1 expecting to be rammed but no, make it through T2 too, quick look back & it looks very messy, managed to keep it tidy until I hit the Nord. End of Lap 1 12 secs ahead. Then the daughter decides to facetime the wife from university ! Kept it together until I hit the Nord again, they're wittering on & I lose it, spin 720 degrees and away :lol:Hang on to the lead by 6 secs, lost fastest lap & CRB :lol: the win will do though :cheers:

4. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

It sounds like you did a mid-race donut and still won :cheers::bowdown:

5. Mr P

Mr P

Great time! Well done mate :cheers:

e1978 and Pigems like this.
  6. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Wish I could claim I meant to :lol:

Getting disconnected after race too, lets me post race chat with the red symbol still displaying then green & nothing lost.

05XR8, astrarobotica and Pigems like this.
  7. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Ack, I thought I checked KP and it wasn't there. Downloading the patch now! :cheers:

8. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Holy Smokes! Look who’s back!! :cheers:

9. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

For a bit. I'm exploring Southern Africa in FS2020, but it's dark there during my day, it's only possible to fly there early morning. This world tour is taking a bit longer than I initially had in mind. 1487 airports visited so far, in distance I already went twice around the world :lol:

10. Pigems

Pigems Premium

That’s a lot of stops, I hope the pit crews are quick at these airports. :lol: What kind of fuel/tire multipliers does that game have? :D

Have you flown over Antarctica yet? :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    suprajef and dlshearon like this.
  11. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Not on path for a long time! I've taken off from McMurdo air station, there's not much to see. The game can't handle the poles either, it gets quite trippy when trying to fly over the South pole while the North Pole is all water. The ice caps have melted!

I don't wait for any pit crews, stop n' go :lol: I left the plane in Harare today
    [​IMG]
    It's dark not long after 11 AM in Zimbabwe doh! Darn winter time switch.

And finally done updating, gt sport won't start, psn can't be reached. Good old times :ouch:

kalakanto, sturk0167, BenRod and 4 others like this.
  12. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

That's honestly an amazing thing to be able to do in a flight sim, and it sounds like a relaxing way to unwind.

13. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Maybe useful to someone, Nordschleife is worth a whopping 12 SR.

barak181, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  14. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good evening friends,

With a fresh livery and outlook I went in country on C, as a C, CS that is.
    Of course I did not qualify. All went well.
    I was pleased, I think I ran across a couple members but not sure. The names looked familiar. Always good to see friendlies when you are deep in country! For me, goin in country here, there’s only 2 cars to choose. One is if you are a total bad ass driver whose plan is to leave everyone in the dust with your godlike driving talent. The other straight gets it DONE.
    EATS CURBS, bumps, imperfections, it’d steering rotation is a bit extra to give you that forgiveness, it’s tcs oversteers you to keep you on course when troubles strike. It is a TANK.
    By far for me the best car to use. Plus I kinda like my paint job. It’s honest. Yeah, that other car is also amazing, but it needs amazing skills.
    My blue meanie has advanced electronics and I need that here. I’m no Luke...He turned OFF the targeting computer but still destroyed the Death Star...

I’ll trust the computer on Nurb 24. Gimme every aid and TCS I can get just please let me use weak Abs. Plus KAZ drove the blue monster irl...
    Both cars have good view from the cockpit but both different...For me on this you either use BMW M6 or Porsche 911 RSR. Jmo

Cheers

Edit Welcome back @svenjurgens! :)

15. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

It is, and it's much better than tossing and turning in bed (I can't sleep more than 4 hours, not that I'm complaining, 20 hour days are great)
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/exploring-the-world-in-the-beechcraft-bonanza/266981/
    I usually start between 4 and 5 AM, quiet morning hours, then auto pilot later while multi tasking

First race back, started last, turned onto the Nord into the wall doh. It's N24. Then I'm fuel saving lap one until I notice my fuel is hardly going down, still on easy mode I guess. I still make up 6 places but get timed out by the A+ crowd up front. At least no penalties.

Second race in a full B/S room, chaos. I end up with 8 sec penalties in lap one, one from lag, the others from people going off and returning sideways or ramming each other / me. Just not in control. Then after serving I turn into the Nord again :banghead: into the wall, 1.5 sec, plus 2 sec from the car behind me tapping the idiot who's turning right into a wall. 3.5 sec served on the GP layout, and I finish 12th at the end. I expected to drop straight to SR.E with 5 or 6 SR Downs during that race but 'only' to SR.A. I guess the severe SR loss has been changed?

Try to remeber, N24, don't turn right, don't turn right, don't turn right, straight at the start (ie my start at the back)

16. dlshearon

dlshearon

Glad to see you landed safely and still kicking!
    Hope to see ya in the woods this week.:cheers:

Pigems likes this.
  17. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

I'm already in the slums, down to SR.B after the 3rd race. It was clean, just the little lag bumps resulting in 1 sec penalties, both for me and for the people racing with me, alternating. The net code hasn't gotten any better either. I did finish 2nd after remembering it's N24 and not the Nord alone :lol:

Most of that room was the usual red, it looked pretty clean from my point of view, nothing intentionally dirty went on. Penalty system still great at generating false positives, and yep, the race earlier I saw plenty false negatives as well.

Pigems, Deadpool and dlshearon like this.
  18. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Tried 2 races at N24 yesterday. I won't be running that particular combo any more this week. The combination of my unfamiliarity with the track and a penalty system that sees me lose SR just by getting clipped by people bouncing off barriers or careering off the grass means it's nothing but frustration.

I'm having a much better time in Race B. The TT is not as dominant at Sardegna C2 as it is elsewhere and I've so far been competitive in the Jag, the Huracan, the WRX and the Vantage. There are also people doing well in the Corvette, McLaren and even one brave soul in the AMG. My qualy time is a 56.6 and this generally puts me in the bottom couple of spots in the front half of the grid. You need to watch for divebombers at turn 1 but otherwise the racing is clean. Overall though, I'm not doing a lot of overtaking just staying consistent and waiting for the cars ahead to get it wrong. I feel like the closer you get to the front of the grid, the more boring the racing will be.

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  19. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

1:32.594 for Race A with the Integra and brake balance at -5. I can still get about a tenth quicker but given that PD somehow managed to make the penalty system even worse, I'm not going to race my main account so the qualifying time doesn't really matter.
    I will do last to first challenges on my alt account, some I will livestream and I will make a best of compilation video.

Dairyworker, Pigems and e1978 like this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

Any word on next week's races? Think I'm done. :lol: Nothing bad happened. Just think I'm done for the week. Need new combos. :lol:

crusselz, barak181, GT8598 and 9 others like this.
  21. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

Just tried a quali for Race B... I don’t think I’ve EVER done this track in this direction/layout... just zero memory of it!

maybe I just repressed it all? :)

Ha! Now trying a no-quali Race C... and starting 7/17! I guess nobody has bothered with the 8 min quali lap yet

EDIT: Well that was an absolute ****fest

22. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

You must be in the Americas. I saw the same there. In EMEA I haven't been in a race with any no-qualifiers since yesterday

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  23. Raptor013

Raptor013

What on earth was he thinking? Please tell me he at least got a penalty for that.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  24. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

No penalty for anybody which was nice, you don't punt somebody like that then brake to not pass. I'm sure he tried giving me space but touched the grass. It's optimistic to stick your nose in there but the Porsche has no straight line speed so you have to get creative.

Pigems likes this.
  25. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

Asia, but I’m down in the SR C dumps at the moment...

And still there after Race C!

I’m going to go play something with less ramming, like Wreckfest.

26. I love V10

I love V10

dont want to create a thread for this. Quick question. What if I will make it to Top16 superstars (lol) and they will find out that I am playing from different counrty/region psn account? I am russian but playing from US account.

Pigems likes this.
  27. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Possibly a ban. While I haven't heard of anyone getting the ban for doing T16 on a different region, PD has taken action against people using more than one account for FIA.

I remember someone using two or three accounts for FIA Manufacturer, and those accounts got banned.

Edit 1: NA Top 16 are also usually the same people, so seeing a new face there would definitely make you as suspicious as venting from electrical.
    In other words, please don't do it.

28. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Honestly, that’d be pretty dirty to come from out of region and take a T16 spot from someone. If your that good, do it in your own region, and don’t take a spot away from someone who’s been working hard for it over here. You might be taking away someone’s one and only chance at a T16 race.

29. I love V10

I love V10

but how would they know how many accounts I have?

30. NoStopN

NoStopN

If you signed up both accounts with the same real name, that's one way.

dlshearon and Pigems like this.