"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Andy_EVO432

Andy_EVO432

Has the penalty for not using the correct tire been increased, I thought it was 20 seconds?

I've just had a race at Monza where I crossed the line 5th but was promoted to 3rd due to two cars in front getting one minute penalties, I'm not complaining though!

2. Pigems

Pigems Premium

It all depends on how good you are personally at each combo, and how good the aliens are too, it’s comparing your time to the #1 time in your region, so if an alien goes out and puts a up a crazy fast time, even for an alien, it’s skews your number too. Depends on the track too, being within 5s of the top time and N24 is better percentage wise than being within .5 at Tsukuba.

dlshearon, cosme and Jason885 like this.
  3. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

I'm really glad Daily Race C requires tyre and fuel strategy, granted that I actually remember to switch to the medium compound on my second stint... :banghead:

JEverettL, dlshearon, cosme and 4 others like this.
  4. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Monza should be a tough one to increase K score. Very little gap between top times.

Pigems likes this.
  5. Fennario

Fennario

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the time and effort you put into helping other people (Tidgney and everyone else doing guides as well). Huge amount of work and you have to put up with the dregs of this game trying to interfere. Much appreciated and grateful!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  6. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

Only a few points from loosing A rating, was excited for pressure.... race start... loose power.. NooOooOOo

Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  7. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Hello friends.
    I think this pen setup is great. I raced B race last week about 10 times and there was solid racing. Nurb GP is definitely a track I write off under a lenient system but with a strict system it was pretty awesome! I’ll be attending the Catalina mixer, I mean race B this week from time to time.
    This system breeds fear of contact which imho is far better than bumper cars to me. I think racing dailies on an acct you use for FIA as well keeps your skills...
    ::shrug::

baygencos, Pigems, JEverettL and 3 others like this.
  8. Jason885

Jason885

Its not bumper cars if the racers fear the system but when drivers don't give a hoot its bumper car City unfortunately.

Pigems likes this.
  9. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Yep, take it as it comes. We don't write the systems. If it's broken, that's on PD. Down to SR A and finding myself in lobbies with Ds, Bs, As and A+s. Now I'll look forward to DR-specific collision penalties (get bumped by a DR letter below your own, you get the penalty /facepalm).

It's a fun ride but in terms of DR/SR expenditure, Monza is an expensive one.

10. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Race C can be rough but there are some gems in there. This was a midfield battle in an A/A lobby:

11. sturk0167

sturk0167

I beg to differ. :)
    I've done 1 B race today, and here's what happened on the 2nd lap. :lol:
    I don't need to write a description for you guys. You'll see it (twice). :eek:

So, for doing absolutely nothing to anyone, my SR went from 99 to 79. The weirdest thing is that those SR downs must have cost me more than 10 apiece, because all my other sectors in the race were green arrows. Maybe they were each -12. :confused:

This is precisely why so many people have stopped caring about their ratings. Despite your best efforts, the game is just gonna do whatever the hell it's gonna do. :indiff:

12. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

I've been doing Daily Race C all morning and I'm already bored with it. Five races in a row I was punted in Turn 1. I know it's basically the biggest joke in sim racing, but I honestly don't understand why people can't control themselves for the first ten seconds of the race. Even among all (DR) A-rated drivers. It's absurd.

Even after things settle down, I never actually have a good fight with someone. It's all about who can avoid track limit penalties in the chicanes, and people venturing off the racing surface in the second sector. I think I'll stick to Dragon Trail this week.

13. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

That does suck.
    I dunno, I’m gonna run b but it’s always been to this point terribly dangerous and dirty there. It’s a track that can provide some of the best racing in any game but when the system is lenient it’s a circus. I normally wouldn’t race a gr4 sprint there but this week I’m bringing the Bass out of hibernation. With my rating swap to plus on both now I’ll go back to using that and shelf main for FIA only.
    All bases covered. I definitely care about my sr.
    Imo below S sr always has been and always will be a circus. My prob is when the system is lenient it’s all a circus and that’s when I don’t race.
    When using the car as a weapon is standard operating procedure then I don’t have fun. ::shrug:::
    That’s how it gets in s when it’s allowed. I’m really good at it but if it changes to lenient again I’d seriously rather race ACC ai.
    And I despise racing ai lol.
    :)

Edit also what’s with the second hit you took. The guy who hit you sees 2 cars in a bad area for side by side and just keeps it pinned.

DarkSideNet, 05XR8, Fennario and 2 others like this.
  14. Fennario

Fennario

Qualified P2 for Race B... got through most of the first lap without incident until my flappy paddles stopped working. Wasn't able to downshift for the hairpin prior to COD and went into the wall. Had to do a hard reset of the wheel, wait for it to start-up, accept the tourqe key, hit the PS button twice, and then the x button to rejoin. Not surprisingly I found myself in last place with a lot to make up. Thought about DNF but decided to stay for the SR (was at 94). Ended up taking back several spots to finish 9th @ 98SR. Not happy about the DR loss but it would have been worse with a DNF.

DarkSideNet, astrarobotica and Pigems like this.
  15. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

When I was checking Asia last night before bed it was FR and MR cars. Mustang out front at a 44 something

Edited to correct terrible morning memory

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  16. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Some people be lapping super fast, damn. I could only manage low 45s and high 44s with my best cars (Sirotkin / Huracán)

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  17. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Nope, they are fast but not that fast. That would be my sketchy memory. The fastest currently is a 44.4

Pigems, Groundfish and Natalie_GT like this.
  18. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

High 44 low 45 is super quick. My Catalina mixer Ferarri turned in a 46.1 this morning after a few tries...Optimal was something like 45.7?
    I’m doing something different this week going mr, no tcs. I’m sure I will get spun in a race and I haven’t crashed in a long time, BUT I will also be agile and able to brake late....It shouldn’t be too hard to keep slipstream. I dislike the feel of the Megane there and it’s the only ff gr4 I like.
    Custom race vs ai Scirroco was the frontrunner.
    If I had to bet I’d say very likely I get hit off with no tcs but we will see.

PirovacBoy, dlshearon, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  19. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Here's the guide for this weeks races :D!

cosme, dlshearon, Geauxgreddy and 5 others like this.
  20. sturk0167

sturk0167

I guess he was displeased that I chose to back off, rather than attempt to go through the chicane two-wide. :lol:

21. koshmare

koshmare

This week hot laps

22. 05XR8

05XR8

That's what happened to me, with three cars thinking divebombing is a good way to race. My rating went from A/S to A/A. And that was without retaliating. Maybe if I retaliate, my rating will up!

23. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

Took first shot at Monza. Ran the Atenza just because I’m comfy with it. Had some issues mid lap one and caused alittle ruckus trying to get out of the way lol.
    Down to p17 quick. Then pretty smooth with little traffic. Got punted, but wasn’t intentional and he slowed for me. Awww
    P10-12 finish I forget. 3 seconds slower pace than the top guys race laps eek! Did 5 on mediums, wouldn’t want to go further myself.
    Goodluck, stay safe!

edit - wow next race was awesome. In thick traffic for first 5 laps till I hit the pits, just had a blast every nail-biting second! Racing so close for a bit I think we all got pretty confident, lotta side-by-sides in crazy places

24. O604

O604

Recommended soundtrack for Race B. :tup:

Relax! Chicane Mix <- get it

25. iMatazzie

iMatazzie

05XR8 and Pigems like this.
  26. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I’m so close to hitting all three targets this week, this never happens, going to have to come back for more laps at Fuji tomorrow. :)

C0FC831E-B4CD-490C-A714-1BCA2321EEAA.jpeg
    58B1AC89-C0D5-40C7-9BA5-769A0DBB13E6.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    cosme, tttao, baygencos and 8 others like this.
  27. sturk0167

sturk0167

This is meant to help all of the people who have problems with the Seaside chicane. All of the bad ass drivers can disregard.
    When I was having trouble there, what helped me improve a lot was to focus on the white curb. Just try to aim for driving over the top of it, and it will drastically improve your success rate at the chicane of death. I believe it's because you can spot it much sooner than you can spot the opening in between the walls. If you're having trouble there, please give it a try. :tup:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  28. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

I normally use the part of the bridge on the right as a reference point for turning in also

29. 05XR8

05XR8

I just hope & pray.

cosme, Andy_EVO432, baygencos and 6 others like this.
  30. Soundmangt4

Soundmangt4

First go at the Daily B race this evening, hate the meta cars and felt quick in the Ferrari but it was soon evident it just isn't quick enough. Had a Jag all over me and he overtook far too easily so after the race switched, and after 3 laps qualifying posted a 1:45.9 (for me that's pretty quick!) and entered the race. Had a fantastic race, and a great battle with a Viper, super clean and even posted a 1:45.9 in the race! Absolutely love this game when you're in a nice clean lobby!

iMatazzie, sturk0167, cosme and 7 others like this.