"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 8, 2021.

1. NoStopN

NoStopN

Man, I've got to stop looking at the forum at work. I'm itching to get in the SF.

Agreed.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. djidane57

djidane57

lol what? medium tyres on race B ?? am i seeing this right :lol:

barak181 and Pigems like this.
  3. Pigems

Pigems Premium

3rd or 4th week in a row now, Mediums in Race A too. :tup:

barak181 and djidane57 like this.
  4. Groundfish

Groundfish

I think I will select the Mustang on Yamagiwa. I bet I will be the only one...

5. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

This was pretty cool:

PS_App_20210208_035651.jpeg PS_App_20210208_035656.jpeg

6. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Nah I always try the stang as it is one of favourites. My only issue with it is I will do a really good lap and time is good (for me) then I try the Merc and crash bang wallop I am half a second faster.

Pigems and Groundfish like this.
  7. C_Raccoon23

C_Raccoon23 Premium

My final Bathurst race yesterday got me two 3 second penalties. Back to B/A again. Ugh. This is not going to be a pleasant start to the week for me.

JEverettL and Pigems like this.
  8. NSP525

NSP525

crusselz, OJBrit and Pigems like this.
  9. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

I’d definitely lose sleep if i came 2+ seconds behind a F1 driver with 10000$ Or more rig to his name ,

and bagged the fastest lap too, cmon man give us the hack already :scared:

10. 05XR8

05XR8

Been using the Mustang and noone has gotten around me... on merit.

11. C_Raccoon23

C_Raccoon23 Premium

MidnightRun85, Pigems and NSP525 like this.
  12. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

:lol: Kie is not the cleanest driver, I would have a look but can't stand his streams :lol:

I was on party mode all lap, I saw Quinten do a 37.0 :bowdown:

13. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

First car I tried was this and nothing I've tried since is better, but that probably just shows how bad I am.

Seen his rig it's not what you imagine. He uses a G29

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2021
  14. Groundfish

Groundfish

Paint it black. :) lol.

#Ponyup #Mustangworld

JEverettL, 05XR8, OJBrit and 2 others like this.
  15. NSP525

NSP525

He's hit and miss for me most of the time, tuned in to watch the race with Ocon but didn't see any of the action. Ocon went down to B SR after the race.

Pigems likes this.
  16. NoStopN

NoStopN

I was going to say you might be the only one, but others have ridden in to support the pony show. I tried a quali lap in it at Bathurst & understeered into the outside wall at the Cutting. I said nope. Got in the Viper & felt much better.

05XR8 and Pigems like this.
  17. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

I remember i saw a mega rig in drive to survive :confused:, well g29 , maybe logitech sponsors him , idk

Pigems likes this.
  18. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Another good week... Kinda weird to be honest normally it was 1 up 1 down when I used to do these, now we're at 5 good 1 bad I think (I'd need to tally up the thumbnails!)

19. djidane57

djidane57

yama GR3 god i've missed that combo, going all out without giving a damn about tyres or fuel

NAXEHT, JEverettL, 05XR8 and 3 others like this.
  20. jpine324

jpine324

Agreed! One of my fave tracks for GR3--Love my vette on this course. Climbs the hill so fast if you hit the esses right

21. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

Should be even easier to do on the Mediums too.

jpine324 and Pigems like this.
  22. OJBrit

OJBrit

That's all I do... Alongside some... work, yeah work. Definitely work. :D

Race A.
    I like this. The cars feel o.k. around here. Only had time for one lap of qualy so I know I have more in me. Due to this I started 10th. Was up to 8th by the end of turn 1. I managed to catch the 2 ahead who were fighting. Eventually they both got a 0.5 penalty. I passed them out of the penalty zone. However the Romanian who was the lead of these 2 cars unghosted and swerved into my path. I was able to swing right and my momentum took me past. I understeered on braking a little and the Romanian tapped me. I don't think it was an accident based on his move further up the hill (but happy to be proved wrong.) I ended up in the gravel and places down. Of course no penalty for him. I spent the rest of the race holding off a fellow Brit. But at the final corner of the last lap he just barges me out of the way. And of course no penalty for him. Finished 9th in the end but without these idiots it would have been higher. At least the game saw the incidents as not my fault as I had a CRB at the end of the race.

Race B.
    Another I think should be fun over the week. I will try out a few cars including my new randomised manufacturer for the FIA. However I started in the leaderboard topping Supra. I was struggling in the 2 chicanes. Very twitchy through the first and just not quick enough through the 2nd. I was able to set a time .2 seconds quicker than my PB about a second before the screen went black from matching. Of course it was too late to effect the grid so my previous time stood. It meant I started 2 positions further back in 8th. Got an o.k. start and was having a battle with a Beetle. With fuel the car was happy through the chicane so that was no issue. However about 4 or 5 cars went off at the 135R hairpin. Of course my car thinks that was fun and wanted to join in. I didn't hit the wall but lost time getting off the grass. This put me behind a Croatian. Coming into the final corner he hits the back of the car in front of him and gets a 3 second penalty. He obviously doesn't like this and I am chosen to be the person he will vent on. I get a run on him into turn 1. He moves across in the braking zone and he brake checks me, which punts him spinning into the barriers. I get 4 seconds and he quits. Luckily I don't loose any places but I am off the guys ahead and never recover though I do reduce the gap and I am a split second off fastest lap on the last lap. Finish 8th in the end.
    I don't mind a lot of the 'incidents' in GTS and am usually content with a post race message of idiot their way if I feel they deserve it. I always try and say sorry if I do anything accidental to others. But he obviously brake checked me in his own anger so I had to message him. I told him to play Candy Crush as he won't bother other people. It's probably still above his maturity level though.

Anyway Race C.
    Fun again. I was struggling through the esses in qualy which is usually somewhere I have no issue. I'd either turn in too early or I'd run wide if I waited a hair. I got a penalty for cutting 130R for the same reason. Still I managed a 38.5. As I'd been in mixed B/C lobbies this earned me 6th on the grid. Got a good start and somehow ended up 4th coming out of turn 2. 2nd Span at Degna 2 and I was up to 4th. Then the German in 1st had a penalty putting me in 3rd. I stayed here for a lap and then trying to get 2nd I went deep into Casio Triangle. I then decided to let 4th back through as he was quicker and my tyres were dirty. He messed up Spoon and I got a run on him. He tries to nudge me off on the run to 130R. He has the inside so it's unlikely I'll get past. In the end I was nudged wide through 130R. Next lap I get a run into Spoon though I am on the outside. Any contact was his as he once again nudged me into the braking zone. (Again unnecessary as he was on the inside) I got a 2 second penalty and the game didn't even say what for. Probably because I didn't do anything to deserve it. I was then caught by 5th due to my minor mistakes and penalty. Pitted lap 6 with everyone else. Coming out of the hairpin my tyres must have still been slightly cold as the car went too left and I had a minor brush with the barrier. The rest of the race I had a good battle with a Dutchman. A couple of times he went up my inside only to lag backwards and I kept the place. (If only they all did that.) Crossed the line 5th and I was happy with that. Afterwards he says thanks for the race and I thank him also. That was good racing unlike some of the people on tonight. Gained a smidge DR, but down to A SR due to others. :banghead:

Hopefully the rest of the week is better.

Jwptexas, Pigems and Timm Sheehan like this.
  23. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

Interesting that the Race B, in Gr4 and Gr3 typically, have been utilizing Medium tires lately. Makes me think PD are working on improved BOP formulae for those cars, where they may have relied on Hard tires as basis for much of the prior BOP input. Especially as it relates to the more common use of M and S tires in FIA events...

tttao, Pigems and Groundfish like this.
  24. Groundfish

Groundfish

Medium and omg soft also. I have had a very hard time adjusting to these tires. It took many races last week to get used to the force feedback differences, grip levels/limits. I really like the tire model right now on races with wear.

Pigems and NSP525 like this.
  25. NSP525

NSP525

Supra is the popular pick for race B by far for the front half of the grid. Mixing it up with the vette in there the last couple races and it's not bad, as some said earlier and I experienced and noticed first hand last week in the supra was it's poor start compared to something with more bottom end torque. This can split the supra train up right from the start because you pretty much deny the car behind slip at the start.

Jwptexas, DefInfinity, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  26. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

In Group 4, the Jag eats the FF cars off the start

Pigems likes this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

Did Race A. No time to qualify. Last(11th) to 3rd. Nothing much else to report.

Pigems and D_Dragline like this.
  28. GT5Power

GT5Power

Love making this move :D

crusselz, NAXEHT, LVS_1986 and 11 others like this.
  29. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

When did mid B S get civilised ? :confused: :lol:
    Having great fun in race B, very respectful racing & almost no SR downs. Lots of cut backs & outside moves :tup:
    Finding the Beetle as fast but more stable than the meta, unfortunately others have clicked on too, was 7 of the buggers in my last race.

LVS_1986, Pigems and NSP525 like this.
  30. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Been trying the Ft-1 in B and is really suits me, should have tried this in other races. :banghead:

OJBrit, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.