"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 25, 2020.

1. sdi_03

sdi_03

Lexus was -16 model. Did not test the older.
    Had to go back and try the honda again.
    It seems that it needed just more smoother aproach to be quick.
    So nice and smooth BB-5
    1:37.123 losing time on those hairpins.
    And last turn os somewhat a mystery to me. :lol:

Im sure that I could get that lexus time better also, with similar smooth driving.:cheers: Always liked the way it drives. It was just bit too slow.

Been analysing my driving lately, and I always seem to push the car too much.
    Bad habits are hard to shake :D

Dairyworker, ToddSalad and LVS_1986 like this.
  2. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Yup. Probably going to spend an unhealthy amount of time on A's time trial...

20200525_130424.jpg

3. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Anyone after the usual guide :) (Has new fancy stuff in)

4. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Not a single track or car combination that i can find fun with.. i guess my best chance is to get to DR D and try the GR-1 at Spa.. but i suck at GR1, to fast, to furious.. maybe next week

5. NoStopN

NoStopN

I now understand how the Slophy got its name. :yuck:

Redneckchef likes this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

:tup:

Redneckchef likes this.
  7. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Really enjoyed the commentary here! Quite hilarious as well as true!
    Great work!

8. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Race A is funstration at its finest, including all the random little .5 track limit penalties. I still can’t figure out what half of them were for. :lol:

ECBE7E21-E80C-447A-AFAE-7540E4671B23.jpeg

Edit. 20.591 now, I give up! You win @Mistah_MCA No way in hell I’m catching you this week, great lap! :cheers:

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  9. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Well Race B sounded like it might be fun but if it's an RCZ fest then I think I will pass. Daily races are no fun because of this.

10. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I was 2 full seconds faster in the RCZ than in the 650s. :lol:

watto79, NosOsH, larrybr07n and 7 others like this.
  11. Leggacy

Leggacy

Can’t get a server connection at the moment, Uk Hampshire, anyone else having issues?

Pigems likes this.
  12. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

The internet in my house has gone down. PS4 can't even obtain IP address. I'm over in Bay Area, California.

Leggacy and Pigems like this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

Use the Megane. Corners better and RCZs look a lil nervous when they're being caught. :sly::lol:

14. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I entered up in an A race earlier. Seemed pretty clean watching the replay. That surprised me...
    For B I’m not gonna enter having gotten annhilated in FIA that combo but the Megane is a great performer for time trial if you are an anti meta person.

15. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Maybe I'll give it a shot. At least that's a decent car to drive.

I'm nearly matching my splits for my Gr 4 Jag from Manu FP with the RCZ, but I was running medium tires on the Jag. It's nuts how META it is, and also a huge bummer because the thing pushes like a no tooth carnie on a rainy day.

Dairyworker and ToddSalad like this.
  16. tonybarnaby

tonybarnaby

How is the META car established? That’s the first thing I noticed when I went online is the top 6+ people nearly always have the same car. How is it determined what the meta will be on a particular track? I personally always use the car I like, because I know I have no shot to win.

Dairyworker, JEverettL and Pigems like this.
  17. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

You are basically looking at the data of thousands of users and seeing what car appears at the top. That's really all there is to it.

If you do your homework you will pick the fastest car before everyone else does and you might get a race or two in before everyone else picks up on it. But otherwise, do what the fastest guy does

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  18. tonybarnaby

tonybarnaby

I tried that on a few races, but it wasn’t fun to me. I know most people are way more competitive than I am, but I always pick the car I like and so far it hasn’t once been the meta.

19. Rosty_14

Rosty_14

I would like to prefer that way of thinking. I understand the META is there for a reason. Has the game always had limited options to choose from and be competitive? Would be great to at least have 4-6 similar options to pick and have more variety.

At least in the scenario someone is still learning, not using a META gives a lot of disadvantages. This might not be the case for people with more experience which can be a way to provide a different challenge and fun to the mix rather than just the regular daily races by itself.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Qyn and Pigems like this.
  20. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Which is fine, since you asked, I just explained how invariably the people at the top end up driving the fastest car.

Qyn, Pigems and tonybarnaby like this.
  21. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

After my misadventures in daily race b this morning, tried one tonight and moved up a few spots n had a clean race! I’ll quit for the night here while I’m ahead! Lol. Still a little rugged through all section one.

Was a little intimidated by race C, and track is virtually unknown to me. So did a few warm up and spent a few laps spinning out and learning the corners Lol. The only lap I didn’t spin on was still ugly and... exploratory!

Didnt realize I had joined the que for the race! Oh No!

Finished 5th purely thanks to people clearing the road! Lol Trial by fire was fun and scary and improved my lap time by 5 seconds in the race.

so race C... just stay on the track! Always a good strategy! but so far, seems like the biggest concern.

Qyn, Lost Sheltie, Racerx_34 and 8 others like this.
  22. Supercededman

Supercededman

Yup, locked out of PS sign-in for about 6-7 hours. This happen just a couple of days ago. If you look back a couple of pages, you will see you're not alone.

Qyn, Leggacy and Pigems like this.
  23. larrybr07n

larrybr07n

Yeah what's up with Gr. 4 lately? After the two races last week, this is the 3rd race we have where the RCZ or TT are the best cars :banghead:

Last week at Seaside I did couple of races in the Ferrari before jumping on the TT. Accelerating out of corners side by side with a RCZ was hell, I understand the FF thing but damn, there was no battle there!

Qyn, Racerx_34 and Pigems like this.
  24. Chevy Heavy

Chevy Heavy

The reason you see the same cars in the top 10 is because some cars are OP'd on certain tracks. That and the lemming mentality, monkey see ,,, monkey do. If you want a good starting position you usually have to qualify with the META (s). However that doesn't mean you can't use whatever car you want in the race. There are some people who think you should have to race with the car you qualified in because their pace is slower when switching it up, whatever. :rolleyes: Run what you brung is what I say. Also when a certain car becomes dominant, it usually gets nerfed during a BOP update. Then another car becomes the META. :lol:

NoStopN, Paulo Ribeiro, Qyn and 7 others like this.
  25. GR33N

GR33N

Hum... I'd wish that were true.
    I qualified in the RCZ and thought I could race with the 650S as I prefer the MR cars. Started 4th finished.. 15th without any particular mistake. I know it might not be the best example as the 650s is probably not the best suited for this track but still, it was shocking haha.
    The only non-RCZ that was keeping up in my races yesterday was the Megane (not Trophy).

Might depend on the "level" of the lobby though, at D-C-lowB it shouldn't really matter.

Btw currently sitting at 2'03"3xx which I'm pretty happy with.

Chevy Heavy, Qyn, Redneckchef and 2 others like this.
  26. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Unfortunately the RCZ is so OP that even in C it matters.

Qyn, larrybr07n, Rosty_14 and 2 others like this.
  27. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

Just had the worst race C ever. Did a few consistent laps in qualifying and then inadvertently started in 2nd place. Accidentally tapped pole man off on first bend I slowed to let him past and ended up last after another hit from behind.

Race B working out better, but there must be connection troubles somewhere?? 10 DNFs in a race and I managed to finish 3rd - but the first lap took 4 minutes??

## edit ##
    Did some more C's and got a 3rd and a 6th just by staying on track and trying to be consist. Started 8th and got up to 2nd after everyone crashed in the first few laps - ran 2nd until lap 10 when I ran wide and ruined my tyres.

My hands were getting pretty sore after 3 races, as I use the motion control (and I'm old, lol)

28. trilla00

trilla00

Have very recently started racing online in GT Sport (started last week) and since yesterday have gone from E-A to B-S just on Race B. Have been setting laps in the RCZ and then racing in what I want, 2 wins with WRX, 1 with Evo, 1 with Viper and 1 with TT Cup, all wins from pole. I really don't enjoy racing with the FF cars but they are incredibly overpowered currently. I was in the RC F in the slipstream of a TT ahead and a Megane drives past me like I'm in a Fiat 500. However, you can gain a lot of time back in the triple corner section and the two 90 degree turns towards the end.

From the races I've done, I've found the WRX, Viper and M4 can all be somewhat competitive, especially the WRX as it doesn't get completely nuked by BOP.

29. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

I've done a heap of C/S's today in the Viper and all but one were won by RCZ's. In the last one I finished 10th and 1-9 were RCZ's!! Along with a few behind me.

I hate the trying to drive the godawful things. I don't know if it's because I use motion control and the triggers for brake and throttle, but I find the RCZ and TT very sensitive.

Pigems likes this.
  30. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Fwd like the Megane...
    Tcs at 3 is huuugely helpful to avoid wheelspin, but ability to use partial input on throttle is still important.
    Tcs 3. I am on good wheel and used it for qual last night for I think a 2.04.6? Something like that...
    That’s just driving line and cones and tcs3.
    The Megane is a fun little car, haven’t tried rcz lately.