"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Just done Dragon Tail Seaside in the M4, only a couple of non quali's behind me, let them pass after T3, about 6 cars have an incident at the chicane on lap 1, let a couple of them back past me, last lap about another 4 cars come a cropper at the chicane again. I gained a 100 DR, quite a few unhappy bunnies at the end of the race though.

2. O604

O604

Did my first race in weeks this morning. Race B. All B/S grid.

QT 1:47.9. Started 5th. Knocked off in L1. Finished near last. Lost 500 DR.

Not a terrible race TBH. There were maybe 2 cars ruining it for everyone. The car that knocked me off was knocking off all the other cars too. Another car which blocked the whole way was blocking everyone else too. Both were dealt with by others fed up with their crap.

+ 2nd race was much smoother. Same QT. Started 3rd. Finished 6th. Regained lost DR. Not a single bump, block, dive, etc.....:tup:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  3. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

Ugh. Did a few races at Suzuka this morning. Respect is just non-existent. Not only do I get matched with more dirty drivers now, but they know they won't be penalized, so they're even more ambitious than they previously would have been. I have never seen so many casual punts, and now that the game isn't penalizing drivers, people are just left to take revenge themselves. It just creates this loop of chaos, and I don't even feel like I'm racing anymore, but rather just trying to survive any time another car gets near me. It's so frustrating.

cosme, BaareCZ, Redsea666 and 2 others like this.
  4. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

One of my last race A attempts last might ended up with trouble as I climbed to P4 from my standard start in P9. After turn 1 lap 4 I get barged to the inside grass of the following left then pushed out wide by the following car. No penalties, but dropped back to P8. Afterwards the original barger, who pushed off others earlier in the race had his post race message about loving wreckfest. I called him on it and he just posted 'yeah, get to drive like it now, all fun.' Great. There are always some people waiting to take advantage of the system no matter whatevermit is. Still ended up doing well. Tricky little combo, but fun when you get some clear track or clean drivers.

5. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

It seems I am in a minority here as I prefer this penalty system to the one of 1.53

6. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Hi! 2 races C, +1,5k dr. Only got hitted once in the first, in second guy who hitted me says "sorry". Second race was clean. Im surprised

7. 05XR8

05XR8

I don't even think about penalties. It's all about race craft for me. It's funny, in my first race, I got punted by that TT and WRX. At the end of the race, two players apologized to them, but those players didn't apologize to me.
    Then, that other player in the Supra, starts so far behind for a few races, I'm not waiting for it so I can retaliate. My last race, it started behind me, but I built a big gap. It and that TT had bad races. So, I guess that's justice.
    Whatever...

8. Winnie847

Winnie847

haha! Allow me to introduce you to a few top split drivers then...won't name any names here, but they do exist.

top split dirty drivers are a different kind of dirty, most of what they do is intentional. lower ranking dirty drivers are often just making mistakes, outbraking themselves, losing control of their car, not being aware of where other cars are etc. Sure, there aren't a ton of dirty guys in top split, but some of them are well known for what they do. I can think of 3 or 4 off the top.

Leftcurl, 05XR8, Dairyworker and 6 others like this.
  9. koshmare

koshmare

This week hot laps

kemmac, EinsTheOne, Redsea666 and 4 others like this.
  10. sturk0167

sturk0167

So, here's how I handle the chicane of death, 5 seconds after noticing that my sector time has me pacing a personal best lap. :banghead:
    I folded under pressure, catching just a tiny piece of the wall on the left. It's all over after that. :lol:

11. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I have nothing against the 911 RSR and Cayman. It's that my driving during the actual FIA race has been unacceptable. Time trial, I get a good time. Cool. Practice lobbies, I do decent. Okay, I think I'm ready.
    Race time, it seems like I forgot how to race. Tokyo and Sainte-Croix, I qualified 19th and had a hard time moving past 16th. Those around me are clean, so I don't have a problem with them. Something just ain't right about me in those races.

See below.
    Yup, top split. Before this bad luck came upon me, I'd be qualifying in the middle of the pack. Those around me and I are aware of each other, so we're not punting each other to Pluto. There are some questionable drivers in top split, let's get that straight. But me personally, I haven't had problems with them yet.

Yepyep. There's a few questionable drivers that I've heard stories of. So far, whether it's practice, Daily Race, or FIA lobbies, I haven't had a problem with some of these individuals, and I hope it stays that way.

12. Redsea666

Redsea666

I had some cruddy races last week at Maggiore. Finished up a little stronger toward the end of the week, but down ~4k DR. Soooooo.......

Got sick of wrapping everything in TRUE NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL so I made some other band liveries. I call this one the "Sabbath War Ship"

6917556518191662633_23.jpg

And this the "British Invasion"

5981369725748248625_23.jpg
    Good times. Really shows my age.

Pearl Jam, BenRod, Leftcurl and 9 others like this.
  13. 208SpeedGeek

208SpeedGeek

I feel the EXACT same way. It's a complete joke now! I'm doing custom races and getting some liveries done that have been floating around in my head for a while but Sport Mode races? No way! I'm done with it!

BaareCZ, astrarobotica and Pigems like this.
  14. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Yep, welcome in the club.

Pigems, Dairyworker and Redsea666 like this.
  15. DelboyD

DelboyD

Thanks. I’ve only tried race A for qually so far - low 1:42 at present. I’ve seen where I can gain time in two or three places from your video.

16. O604

O604

Never really thought about it before but where's the airbag?

That would be a great way to disqualify punters and bombers. :lol:

17. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

I was running race B and my lag was horrible.
    Looks like I was close to a blackhole

18. breeminator

breeminator

Are you getting slipstreams? I've noticed in Kie's streams that it has got crazy with everyone stationary on the track in a big bunch before the final corner, because nobody wants to be the lead car giving everyone else in the lobby a slipstream. In top split you just can't get anywhere near a competitive QT without slipstream.

Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  19. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Got the Lambo down to 45.7 so far, still lots more to come off. I’m hoping to get into the 44’s here soon. :)

BB+2, the car seems to brake better in the hard braking zones if you keep at least two wheel on the tarmac and not fully onto the curbs.

kemmac, watto79, Granadier and 8 others like this.
  20. fisheye

fisheye

Race A: Wreckfest, but I drove like a little old lady to SR up.

21. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Yes, but with a few problems.. I either:
    1. Lose focus and overshoot a turn, or
    2. I run into Interstate 405 and get slowed down by traffic.

22. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Lambo down to 45.398 now, I can smell the 44’s!! :D

9AC98EC9-9687-4843-B971-A62250B1B497.jpeg

Optimal is actually 45.074 now. :)

23. Illum_Concept

Illum_Concept

Wow, just did a 1:40.658 qualy for race A - I love this car!!!!! No idea where that lap came from, but I'll take it :lol:

(If only I live in America, that would be a top 10 time. Never managed that before, even on a Monday!)

Edit: My reward was a pole position and then disconnection before the race started. :censored:Karma for bragging, I guess!

24. breeminator

breeminator

Very very hard to take it flat out. I can do it in the Lambo, but not every time. There's basically no margin for error, you have to pretty much turn in from a cm to the left of the wall, pass 1cm away from the apex walls on the left then right, and you'll run wide to 1cm from the wall on your left at the exit.

I've done
    Jag 45.5
    McLaren 45.8
    Lambo 45.8 (but my last lap I was 0.3 up before failing at the chicane of death)
    Lexus 45.9, but didn't do all that many laps as I didn't like it

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  25. Pigems

Pigems Premium

45.0 is where she’s gonna rest for tonight, I’ll go at it again tomorrow. I ended up going with a variable BB depending on the corner or series of corners, you can see in the video what I did and where. :)

Now it’s time for Ray Finkle to try and break out of DR E! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    theschledy, Leftcurl, watto79 and 8 others like this.
  26. breeminator

breeminator

You lifted at the CoD! There's gotta be another 0.1-0.2 there if you can take it flat out :D

Pigems likes this.
  27. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Yeah, I really didn’t wanna mess up that lap. :lol:

Edit: I didn’t mean to lift as much as I did though.

Edit 2: How the hell did I get a CRB in that race? :lol:

28. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

QT at Dragon Tail is at a 1:46.995. I hit the chicane once correctly to get that, haha. It beat my previous time by a full second. My optimal is 46.716. (All in the jag). It’s only Monday. Maybe I can cut another half second this week.

Edit: good enough for the pole in my first race tonight.

And the win. The guy in p2 biffed it lap 2. He had the fastest lap time too. Too bad for him.

DelboyD and Pigems like this.
  29. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

I hate the chicane of death. I would rather do 10 laps around Suzuka than deal with this. :lol:

30. Pigems

Pigems Premium

RacingGrandpa and roamingbard13 like this.