"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RZQSPEED, May 13, 2019.

1. WaikeCU

WaikeCU

Yes! The last section through Indianapolis, Arnage all the way through Porsche curves (What's in the name), Corvette curves and the Ford chicanes, I need to nail them perfectly. I know the 911 has the upper hand through that section. If I can get towed along on the Mulsanne straights that would be very nice.

I like them loose and wild, like I like my women! :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2019
  2. Pigems

Pigems

I want to strangle this little Porsche already!!! Grrrr...
    E9BD4B17-C3DA-4C4F-BE4B-817E83097923.jpeg

3. 05XR8

05XR8

I did a 4:00.697 on my second lap before the race started.

4. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Daily race A with the 356 Carrera?

I remember driving it on St. Croix C for a secret project. That little bugger is tricky to drive, but at the same time, it is so much fun to drive. I can't wait to set some times with it and for the other races later today. :D

Dairyworker, tariklehaine and Pigems like this.
  5. gtpierre

gtpierre

Yes the maclaren F1 got nerfed (which is good) and lost a bit less than 10km/h in solo top speed in the first part of the hunaudières.

I don't know in which update though, I had not driven the car for a while, I just tried it again last week after I said it would be an OP car for Le Mans.
    After a bit of testing, it seems the BoP is a bit better than before.

The BoP topspeed numbers do not seem to fit so well the fastest car on le Mans outside of the top 3. I hope this week will be clean because it's my hometown and favorite track

nice overtake under yellow flag...

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Pigems likes this.
  6. Pigems

Pigems

Got the Porsche down to a 59.1, I don’t have the patience to push this car any farther right now. BB was at +2 even though logic should dictate it to be at -2/-3 with this car to keep the tail in check. The only way to drive this car with any pace is to constantly balance it during braking/cornering with the throttle and brake at the same time, let off to much and she oversteers, but to much throttle though and it understeers, gotta fund that happy medium to keep it pointing the right direction. Off to Race B now. :)

7. Kiki_Haoru

Kiki_Haoru

Why would they only allow the toyota engined super formula? Just purchased the Honda...

JoeyLeonine, MikeV27 and Pigems like this.
  8. Pigems

Pigems

They did that last time to, and I bought the wrong one first lol.

JoeyLeonine, ASH32 and Mistah_MCA like this.
  9. Kiki_Haoru

Kiki_Haoru

Aren't the 2 cars really similar in terms of performance ?

Pigems likes this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

The 356 was fun. Lightning start got me up the front and staying in 3rd gear at T3 gave me the acceleration to grab 2nd.

[​IMG]

11. Pigems

Pigems

Pretty much the same, PD gonna PD though. :lol:

ASH32 and Loverson like this.
  12. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

You guys can have A, I'll try B, but gimme C. Havin fun so far, a lot of quitters, but I can finally keep it on track for most of the 13 laps. Was up to 2nd for a stint before finishing 4th. I let anyone close go, I know I brake wrong and hold fast people up. Stupid rain means race day, at least until golf league later.

13. Lilium

Lilium

Race B was a jam on the first two races on the day. Its a pity i won't be competitive on the NSX or the 4C. I prefer handling cars, but I decided to finally try the F1 and its an okay car. super stable and accels above 200Km/h like its nothing. so far only the Pegeuot Vision raced side by side the whole stright after mulsanne until Indianapolis. But the Pug is harder to control on the lower speed corners, since its spins the wheels pretty easily.

Other than that, its R8's and Mustangs, specially the mustangs that had an advantage.

Gonna try the GT-R after work

14. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Hmm I want to drive lots of different cars on Sarthe, means I have to make lots of liveries thanks to @Invisigoth. It will be a while until I'm on the track. SR.B is waiting for me though lol. At least the SF19 is fun to drive to regain SR on race C. Slow corners, fast car, wonder how that's going to go.

I could not find the F-Type, turns out both the GR.3 and GR.4 version are gone. I wonder what happened as I'm sure I had them. Bought them again.

15. 05XR8

05XR8

[​IMG]

AMG has awesome acceleration. I glanced when I was behind the F1 and it was still acceleration from 286km/h. Trying the Aston next. Still like the M6 though. Big limo of a car.

16. Pigems

Pigems

Yup, limits at La Sarthe have been tightened, this should make for some interesting races this week. :)

17. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

shine a light... i bought the Honda the other day in anticipation of this race -have to forget Race C then for now until i can up my funds again :rolleyes:

Pigems likes this.
  18. Loverson

Loverson

Can confirm it. Can still put some wheels on the green spot in t1 or last but going all 4 will get you .500 penalty.
    Also right before the end, even going slightly off line will get you penalty

Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  19. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

PD do a great disservice to vintage cars like the 356 when they force you onto the same Sports Hard tyres that are used for mid-2000s sports car races. Way too much grip.

For comparison, 1950s sports cars with less than half of the weight of the 356 were recorded with slower lap times on a faster layout of Brands Hatch Indy than what you can achieve on race A.

Disappointing.

banckzy and Pigems like this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems

I’ve got La Sarthe down to a 3:57.9 so far, TCS 2 and BB 0 in the McLaren GTR. This car is a friggen rocket ship!! If only it had a little more downforce it would be unbeatable. :)

Time to turn off the TCS now and see what this thing can really do! :D

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  21. 05XR8

05XR8

Old adVantage. :)

[​IMG]

22. MikeV27

MikeV27

Race B and C look great this week. I think I’m going to get warmed up on my eu account before racing on my main account so I don’t destroy my ratings lol.

Loverson, JoeyLeonine and Pigems like this.
  23. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

This is going to be my favourite week in a really long time. I'm not even too bothered about making places here. I just love the tour around Le Mans. Probably in the Aston for nostalgia purposes.

Anyone been/still go down? We used to camp at Mulsanne back in the day. Haven't been there for about 10 years though. Need to change that. The heart longs for what the heart longs, right?!

24. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

PD nice consistency on track limit penalty ? LeMans get a penalty at the end of a 3min lap before those last chicanes just going little wide lolll at RBR they go 30ft off track and no penalty ? :confused:

Loverson, Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  25. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

you bet! i'll be setting off exactly 1 month today... Thursday drive down to Rouen for a night on the town then Friday morning pitch up at Le Mans and set the tent up and get involved. Can't wait!
    Last year Toyota had a full VR cockpit set up with GT Sport and you could do a lap of NBR GP in a Gr4 car, but they wouldn't let you change any settings or anything - would have been great to do a lap of Sarthe in a Gr1 but then i suppose the queue would have been a mile long while you wait for the bloke with 10 pints inside him try to get round the track :cheers:

Here's a few pics from my seat in the stand to whet your appetite :lol:
    IMG_3559.jpg IMG_3567.jpg IMG_3882.jpg

26. gtpierre

gtpierre

I used to live in the city so I was going there by bike with my dad every year to look at the cars in the parking. It was easier on the ears, way cheaper and less crowded than going to the race. Brits always come in mass, and they are funny. I remember riding though the camp of the catheram club in the main parking (between the plane field and the track), these guy had brought inflatable swimming pools and were sitting in their pool drinking beers and listening to the race on the radio :)
    all these Brits were always nice and they let me sit in their cars, my dad has pictures of me pretending to drive probably hundreds different sport cars.

Can't wait to do this race B

27. Pigems

Pigems

Not a bad first race, got spun out once and ended with a white S. I had two more places at the end but I took to much chicane and got a penalty in the final turn. Oh well, Good race by @Voodoovaj up front though, well done! :)

D1E04953-8BD9-43D2-B788-BCEAD18F76F8.jpeg

05XR8, Voodoovaj, NosOsH and 2 others like this.
  28. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

I haven't gone through most of the recent replies (I'm still amazed how active this thread is) but the Race A Porsche is tricky to drive optimally since she's very prone to oversteer. Without CSA (which I'm glad of, for the record), it's definitely a bit more challenging.

I've been adjusting BB from +1 to +3. I think I like +2 more. My time is down to 0:59.3 although I don't know if I can squeeze any more out of it unless the stars align and I somehow hit 58s.

29. MikeV27

MikeV27

Is the SLS quicker than the AMG GT3 around here?

Pigems likes this.
  30. Lazybike

Lazybike

Race B seems to be a bit of an SR killer...I may have to roll around at the back of race C for awhile :)

Pigems likes this.