"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Urrrrgh babies, love my kids to death but the baby pose, I could have skipped it. It was absolutely brutal, the lack of sleep was crippling. They are 10 and 6 now, they fight a lot but we starting to have proper fun, go carting, baseball, biking etc. Watching King Kong and godzilla this week with the big one, good times.

Urrrrgh babies, love my kids to death but the baby pose, I could have skipped it. It was absolutely brutal, the lack of sleep was crippling. They are 10 and 6 now, they fight a lot but we starting to have proper fun, go carting, baseball, biking etc. Watching King Kong and godzilla this week with the big one, good times.
Both fulfilling and exhausting at the same time. It's not easy!

I did Daily B last night. Qualified P4 on the Lexus (I did a league race in that car at Interlagos this weekend so it was a perfect combo). Went into third on the first lap and then sat back to watch the very entertaining scrap between the top two. They made mistakes, and I took P2 in the end.

Fastest lap too!

Will do Race C today if I have the time.

Last edited:
Why does my family feel the need to come talk to me and/or distract me when I'm racing? Not any other time, only when I'm racing. If I'm sitting here on the computer not really doing anything.....they leave me alone. But let me get into an online race where I need to concentrate, and they feel the need to come talk to me about something NOT important and want to ask questions or come in with the cat and talk to the cat and then tell the cat to get up on my desk so I'll pay attention to them.

I just had my best start ever.....2nd. Yet they came in and started trying to talk to me and crap while I having a back-and-forth with 1st place, who had a penalty to serve. I probably could've won my 2nd race, ever. Yet I had to quit because something much more important had to be done.....but not really.

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬
Haha, it's the same with FS2020. I can be cruising at altitude for hours without interruptions. Yet every single time on short final and touch down... "Sorry folks about that rough landing bouncing down the runway, one of my kids needed the minecraft password again"

814OBcXwzML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Why does my family feel the need to come talk to me and/or distract me when I'm racing? Not any other time, only when I'm racing. If I'm sitting here on the computer not really doing anything.....they leave me alone. But let me get into an online race where I need to concentrate, and they feel the need to come talk to me about something NOT important and want to ask questions or come in with the cat and talk to the cat and then tell the cat to get up on my desk so I'll pay attention to them.

I just had my best start ever.....2nd. Yet they came in and started trying to talk to me and crap while I having a back-and-forth with 1st place, who had a penalty to serve. I probably could've won my 2nd race, ever. Yet I had to quit because something much more important had to be done.....but not really.

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬
ALWAYS during qualifying for FIA events, too! When it matters most... (but to keep it on topic, sometimes during Daily Races, too! 😜)

And as for the below... it definitely either gets easier or you get better at it, or both (GIT GUD!) but the one universal truth is that it all goes way too fast, so don't sweat it and enjoy every minute. I'd give anything for it all again. Truly. It definitely is the hardest thing I've ever done, raising my kids, but you can't replace it with anything.
Both fulfilling and exhausting at the same time. It's not easy!
It gets easier. The first one is the hardest.

Last edited:
Just ran a "B" race. I started 8th, finished 6th. I was higher than that, but some.....idiot.....in an RCZ (I think) came blasting through in the esses on laps 2 AND 3 and was pushing everyone out of the way. He managed to mess up what I assume was a hit on me to take me out at turn 6. He ran wide, but managed to hold it and get back on track before losing more than 1 position. The poor guy who was ahead of me, then behind me, got hit and that sent him ahead of me, again. But the moron kept pushing him and caused him to run wide (but not off the track) going into the esses. I stayed with them as much as I could, but they were just a bit faster than me. On lap 4, he pushed someone else wide at turn 4 at the end of the back straight. THAT person got a penalty, but NOT the person who pushed him off. And he went on to keep pushing others and gaining another spot or 2. Coming up to the start/finish line, the guy who'd been pushed off the track was ahead of me. He slowed down to let me pass just before the finish line. He also let another driver pass (probably inadvertently). After the race, the guy who was pushed off and got a penalty (and let me pass him) apologized to me. I don't know why, though. He did nothing to me. The one who should've apologized was the moron who did all the pushing and divebombing.

I'd had a pretty good couple of days racing, even though I was still at a D rating for my DR. I finally move up a notch to C (last night), and this is what I get for my 1st race, today. Some people can just ruin a race for everybody.

Man interlagos is baaaaaaaaaaad. Almost no one passes clean, show any inside at all, and I mean ANY and they all shove past.

Chaos.

As for kids and doing it all again, nooooooooooo weaaaaaayyyyy. Glad I had mine but until they are 2 it is absolutely grueling. We were zombies. This is the sweet phase, 6 and 10, having a jolly good time.

Last edited:
Actually had a solid race at Interlagos to finish out the night, guy behind didn't divebomb into turn 1 and I was able to take the guy in front with a better exit out of the last turn after a good lap battle, and again he didn't divebomb it into turn 1. He kept the pressure up over the last lap, no silly lunges, but I didn't budge and took the position home. Couple of side by side moments in the middle sector slow corners but the one with the weakest position backed out instead of ploughing through regardless, good stuff.

Nice to see after some total chaos and thanked them both in the chat. Every now and again the game gives you some cracking racing and just makes sure you're back tomorrow.

I am just back to GT (in general, not just Sport), and...
Actually because I almost decided to sell my G29 wheel and abandon it altogether. But then I searched for what they are valued at atm, and they're promoting this one now as just as suited for Playstation 5 as other wheels.

So I decided (and they have actually become more expensive as well), to try one more time. And in a different set up. Just on my computer desk with my computer monitor instead of the tv connected to the PS4. All unimportant details lol, excuse me... BUT!

First I had a problem that I couldn't race anymore. I couldn't even get one clean lap on the Nurburgring (which was my go to track) with just a FF Integra.
I don't know why!
But now on this setup, I am back in business! I am closer to the monitor... and I don't know if that's the difference now. But it feels like picking it back up again from the days when I left, which was probably GT5'ish. I'm in my thirties as well so...

But uhm, I've never even raced online ever. Or seriously. I didn't even know how the matchmaking worked lol... so...

I got playing again. And decided GTSport is just meant as multiplayer. And although I was always tuned (personally lol) for career etc. And golding licenses. It was the first time.

Now...
I started today. This morning. And I was not well prepared. I was (still, even though I knew about it) caught off-guard by the first turn torpedo's. But...
And I was still DR E obviously.

But I just secured my first win! Probably because I qualified really well. It's the porsche race today on Fuiji. I got a time just in the 1:53's... so I almost got under the 3. By a small amount. And it feels so good lol. I feel like I'm actually getting quite competative already, which is so cool lol.

I just wanted to brag lol.
Hit me up! My name is snorretik.

Oh I raced the 993 btw. Not the more modern one. Wait... let me give the screenshot. The good thing was, this race that I won... I was at just above the 53's as I said. And the 2nd guy was just under the 54. So yeah... I knew it was possible that time.

Gran Turismo™SPORT.jpg

Seriously, I almost abandoned it altogether Gran Turismo and basically anything else racing as well (never really tried others though). Cause I didn't recognise the cars handling anymore. I was used to driving a specific way and it didn't work anymore. But now suddenly it's back. Don't know how. I almost know exactly what the car is doing instead.

Now I'm not going to sell it yet obviously =D
And...
The best thing would be if I could get competative really.
Because I care lol. I dó compare hehe, definitely.

Alright. Going to do a couple of more races. Apparently a race is set like this for the whole day, am I correct?
I won't be the only one improving. But I am quite good right now, or I've surprised myself at least.

Don't know yet about the tuning etc, otherwise I might have even preferred time-trials. But yeah, doesn't hurt to try.

I have actually begun tuning as well with the crazxy 1000BHP+ Subaru BZR for the Nurburgring lol. Race. The challenge is to race it, hehe. And it is quite interesting already actually, so I might give it a shot.

By the way I am really glad I already made it with the SR to A. Even though I got a couple of really stupid penalties in the beginning. I started out quite frustrated lol. It was really unfair for a few rounds.

Oh well. Huge post from me.

TLDR:
I'm back anyway =D
Maybe not really here, but in GT anyway.

Maybe I'll see you online!

I've made a return after taking several months off, so hello again everyone!
Wasn't enjoying the game and just stopped, but have picked it up again recently. Feel like the break has done me good! I'm delighted with my qualifying time for Race C and whilst during the race my pace is middle of the pack, I've been pretty consistent so getting good results and close to 40k SR which I've never quite breached. Looking forward to seeing some familiar names out there

Laguna Seca is such a twister ahhhhh

I had to turn on TC2 just to have a chance at laying down a proper lap.

Interlagos is a fun track, tho the Atenza makes it so boring.

I don't think I'll race this week for lack of time. I'll see if I can get within 5% of the top times to get my Kudos time up at least.

...Interlagos ... , guy behind didn't divebomb into turn 1 and ...
Man interlagos is baaaaaaaaaaad. Almost no one passes clean,....
The best Interlagos advice on T1 is to run wide if you get tapped on the inside. Just straight-line the whole corner. Practice it ahead of time to get the best line at top speed. The game will not apply a penalty, no matter how bad, so long as you were dinged.

I do not regard this as cheating. There is no good reason to recover the corner thereby rewarding and allowing the aggressor to take the position.

Thanks to those who posted this little tidbit for previous Interlagos rounds.

Ran a quick "B" race. I started 10th, finished 6th. Somebody in a Scirocco decided he wanted to play bumper cars. He knocked me and another car off the racing line with his divebombing and pushing. It didn't work, though. He caused me to cut a corner from his pushing and shoving, but I didn't get a penalty. He did it, again, to someone else and he got himself a penalty. I wound up gaining 2 spots due to others spinning or running off the track. I then gained 2 more positions due to someone else having a penalty and another person running wide. The pusher/divebomber got himself a penalty on the final lap that caused him to drop 2 positions in the finishing order.

I gained 4 positions and got a clean race award. He got knocked down 2 spots for his shenanigans. And I'll take that every day for people who drive like that.

Ran an "A" race. Started 8th, finished 10th. I messed up the very first turn and went in WAY too hot. I hit someone and knocked them way off the track. I got myself off the track as compensation and wound up in last (12th). I let him go by and was trying to catch up to him to bump-draft him and maybe help him regain some positions; but he was a bit too fast for me. And although he kept screwing up the other turns for a couple laps and running way wide and sliding all over the place, I just couldn't get close to him. It was weird. It was like my car settings were drastically changed between the qualifying/warmup period and the race. My brakes weren't grabbing like they did, before and I couldn't get the car to turn in like I did when qualifying/warming up. I lost my concentration and just couldn't catch him. On the final lap, he went in too hot at the end of the back straight where it turns into that 1st chicane (HATE that part of the track, btw). I was able to pass him and another car and finish in 10th. It was just a bad race, for me. Like I said, my car felt so much different in the race than it did in qualifying/warmup. The tires felt like they were hards instead of softs. And it was like I had brakes from a Yugo instead of a 911 GT3.

Last edited:
Starting without a Q time, I caught, and passed the leader (cleanly) on the first turn of the final lap.
At turn 4, as you will see, he shoved me out of his way to retake the lead. No problem. I continued to race him cleanly, as I had an ace up my sleeve. I gave him the old sturk Fuji special at the final turn. Look at him flashing his headlights. :lol:

He and the third place finisher both freaked the hell out in the post-race chat. Track limits.... blah blah blah.....
But here's the deal: If all it took was one F, and even if I had a pocket full of Fs, guess what?
I still wouldn't give one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Pigems I just tagged you to see if you're still here. :)

Last edited:
2 races for me tonight with mixed results. I did manage to cut my qualifying time by an amazing .002 seconds…

Sarcastic Confetti GIF by Lauv

Anyway, I start P6 and it’s as clean as things stand now racing wise. Some door banging and the like, but nothing too crazy. I did misjudge a breaking point early in the race and nearly spin out the person I hit. I let them get the spot back as it was completely my fault. I find myself in P4 after pit stops cycle through and I’m feeling good. Until I get dive-bombed in the turn after the corkscrew, and I lose control. Drop down to P10 after I get going again. Thanks to some others running wide I finish P8.

The second race I start in P10. I accidentally spin a driver in the corkscrew when they serve to avoid another car that got it wrong, and I get into the back of them. I did apologize afterwards for that little mess. I pit early on lap 2 to avoid traffic which would have worked, but I can’t keep my car on the track and run wide and spin on the second last turn and fall to P14 (of 15 remaining drivers) on lap 4. Race was basically over at that point. At one point I was dead last after someone drops out. I do manage to get to P13 after another driver runs wide.

Despite my results, I did feel more comfortable racing than the last time this combo happened. I didn’t try and push when I fell behind and gave up spots when I couldn’t defend. Earlier braking helped too. Not that I didn't already, but I made an effort to do it earlier in the race rather than when it was too late. Here’s hoping to better results tomorrow.

2 races for me tonight with mixed results. I did manage to cut my qualifying time by an amazing .002 seconds…

Sarcastic Confetti GIF by Lauv

Anyway, I start P6 and it’s as clean as things stand now racing wise. Some door banging and the like, but nothing too crazy. I did misjudge a breaking point early in the race and nearly spin out the person I hit. I let them get the spot back as it was completely my fault. I find myself in P4 after pit stops cycle through and I’m feeling good. Until I get dive-bombed in the turn after the corkscrew, and I lose control. Drop down to P10 after I get going again. Thanks to some others running wide I finish P8.

The second race I start in P10. I accidentally spin a driver in the corkscrew when they serve to avoid another car that got it wrong, and I get into the back of them. I did apologize afterwards for that little mess. I pit early on lap 2 to avoid traffic which would have worked, but I can’t keep my car on the track and run wide and spin on the second last turn and fall to P14 (of 15 remaining drivers) on lap 4. Race was basically over at that point. At one point I was dead last after someone drops out. I do manage to get to P13 after another driver runs wide.

Despite my results, I did feel more comfortable racing than the last time this combo happened. I didn’t try and push when I fell behind and gave up spots when I couldn’t defend. Earlier braking helped too. Not that I didn't already, but I made an effort to do it earlier in the race rather than when it was too late. Here’s hoping to better results tomorrow.
I haven't tried a "C" race at LS, yet. I might do that, tomorrow. I like the track and should probably do a few races on it before it goes away.

ETA: I just noticed that I'm up to DR: C. I guess those higher finishes and improving my position several spots in those few races did well for it. Hopefully I can keep it up and not let it bottom out, again.

Last edited:
I've been back for a few days now with some new pedals (T-LCM) so I've been running a bit of Race C and I can't believe that so many people are still getting 1 minute penalties. It's clearly not clear enough and people don't read the rules enough either. In one race 7 drivers got the 1 minute penalty, that was more than half of those who finished the race. :dopey:

Oh and that the start glitch with a car stuck in the pits is still a thing. :banghead:

I've a new US and an Aussie account for the first time and so I'm still low rated and I'm wondering why hardly anyone is using the Evo, it is solid here. You'd think that would be the main thing needed at Laguna Seca, even more so at lower levels. :indiff:

So a few tips for some, use the Evo and stay on the track and pit ( just don't take tyres or fuel :lol: ) and thus avoid the 1 minute penalty and pray that there are no idiots about punting or that they just get the other drivers instead and you should do well. :sly:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Next Week:
A: N300 | Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop | 5 laps | SH
B: Gr.3 | Monza - No Chicane | 4 laps | RM
C: Gr.1 | Suzuka | 10 laps | RS/RM | x2 fuel, x7 tyres
Remember kids, if you ram a car first, you won't even get a "ignoring track limits penalty" if you ignore the rest of the chicane :lol: 'no chicane' only moves the dive bomb plaza up a bit.

Suzuka GR.1, why not N24 GR.1. It's been too long!

I like the change up of no chicane but it guarantees that only cars with HUGE top end are viable, so maybe Ford GT, GT1 and Corvette, maybe GTR, rest need not apply. Aston runs outta lungs. Wait, the second aston maybe?

I like the change up of no chicane but it guarantees that only cars with HUGE top end are viable, so maybe Ford GT, GT1 and Corvette, maybe GTR, rest need not apply. Aston runs outta lungs. Wait, the second aston maybe?
McLaren F1 and Peugeot VGT will be in the mix.

Back