"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I wouldn't know about that either. Would be interesting to know. We'd have to ask someone like @Mistah_MCA.

I wonder, does he test every car every week. Or does he have a pretty good idea before the week starts?

Also what friggin' time does he get up on Monday mornings? :lol:
To answer your questions:
1. I usually have an idea of which cars will perform well, so before the races change, I start to get warmed up with those combinations.
2. Daily races change at Sunday 11PM/Monday 12AM for me. What time I get up... 9AM - 1PM, depends on how 🤬 up my body is after recording and editing.

To answer your questions:
1. I usually have an idea of which cars will perform well, so before the races change, I start to get warmed up with those combinations.
2. Daily races change at Sunday 11PM/Monday 12AM for me. What time I get up... 9AM - 1PM, depends on how 🤬 up my body is after recording and editing.
Thanks. :cheers:

I think that's called jet lag. Maybe just set your clocks to Tokyo time? :lol:

<... snip ...>

Race C considering it's the F1500 and it's excellent 'handling' :irked: it took a while to get a lap together but a 1:21:500. Maybe I can get 1:20 I dunno, that car is a real workout.
I'm using TCS for the F1500 race and I don't care what anyone thinks. :lol: I set my qualifying time without it though.
If I use an open wheel car in GTS, I have to run TCS. Those cars can't control their power out of the corners & I have terrible throttle control. :dunce:

This is my first race in the F-1500 but I am a bit familiar as I used it on the ring in a rather masochistic experiment.

Here are my findings so far.

• For me the key was to learn it without TCS so that I could understand the slippery bits and proper throttle modulation. That took me to 1:19.9. TCS=2 took me to 1:19.1. The TCS allowed me to be more aggressive but still have the muscle memory to not overdo it and suffer the TCS power cut.
  • Minimize gear changes. The slow shift speed combined with the turbo lag is cuts your speed. I noticed the top 10 lappers are all maxing on fourth gear on the Reta Oposta and then ride the rev limiter.
  • Use downshifting to help turn in but then get into the next higher gear. The top 10 lappers downshift to 2 for Curva 1 but immediately upshift to 3rd. Ditto for the final curve (Juncao) but I cannot manage that one in 3rd.
  • The downforce is strong so gradually lift off the brake as you approach the corner and turn in aggressively... it will stick.

Interlagos-14.b23fccc965759e1418774e788948ffce.png

I've been running nothing but "A" races the past 2 days. I'm trying to get my DR out of the cellar. And it's working. I finally got it above a D and up to a mid C. My SR is still at 99, so that's good. It did drop to a 97 1 day last week, but I quickly got it back to 99.

I've had quite a few clean race awards (which I think helps with my DR), 1 fastest lap award, and 1 pole position award. The pole position I got on the race I just completed. I would've won it (was ahead by almost 2 seconds and gradually pulling away), but a mistake going into turn 1 on lap 3 cost me the win. I went in just a little bit too fast (didn't brake early enough) and had to compensate by lifting for longer going into turn 2. That allowed the field to catch up to me. I got passed by 3 of them and found my self in 4th. I used everything I had, along with some slipstreaming, to get back to 3rd. I'll take 3rd, but I'd have rather had the win.

The fastest lap I got was in the previous race where I came in 2nd. I used the slipstream quite a bit to keep up with the leader (also did a bit of bump-drafting so we could pull away from the rest of the group), and that allowed me to create a bit more speed than normal in the straights. It meant I had to brake a tiny bit earlier, but I did well and got 2nd place (up from 5th). I also managed to knock another .5 second off my qualifying time; so I've been starting closer to the front. That sure is better than starting mid pack and getting caught up in the carnage that is turn 1 and turn 2.

I tried a qualifying run on race "B", but just nicking those walls gets you a 1.5-second penalty. I tried my damnedest to not hit the walls, but I just couldn't do it cleanly with any decent time. Normally I'm within 5-6 seconds (sometimes less) of the leaders in my region. But on that track, using the car I did (McLaren), I'm still 17 seconds off.

Two races for me tonight as usual. Good results from both in my opinion. Couldn’t improve my qualifying time any, but I got close.

Race 1 I start P7 after someone drops out before activities kick off. I was so worried about not hitting the wall in the race, I completely forgot about the potential turn 1 carnage with everyone barreling 170mph+ into a hairpin. I survive that and cruise in P5 until the last lap of the race. I get myself behind P4 and give him a great bump draft down the front stretch so we can potentially catch up to P3. I stuck to them like glue and make a pass down the final strait and claim P4. They went into the pits for some reason that that just gave me the edge. And I got a clean race bonus.

Race 2 I’m in P8 to start and survive the first turn chaos again. Unfortunately, two barely touching the wall penalties on lap 1 and lap 4 killed my momentum and I finish P7. I might have had a shot at P5 if not for the last lap penalty. Oh well, still happy with my finish. Also, shout out to the driver who gave me a bump draft on the end of lap 1 into lap 2. I was shocked they kept it up the entire length of the straight. Good stuff!

Two races for me tonight as usual. Good results from both in my opinion. Couldn’t improve my qualifying time any, but I got close.

Race 1 I start P7 after someone drops out before activities kick off. I was so worried about not hitting the wall in the race, I completely forgot about the potential turn 1 carnage with everyone barreling 170mph+ into a hairpin. I survive that and cruise in P5 until the last lap of the race. I get myself behind P4 and give him a great bump draft down the front stretch so we can potentially catch up to P3. I stuck to them like glue and make a pass down the final strait and claim P4. They went into the pits for some reason that that just gave me the edge. And I got a clean race bonus.

Race 2 I’m in P8 to start and survive the first turn chaos again. Unfortunately, two barely touching the wall penalties on lap 1 and lap 4 killed my momentum and I finish P7. I might have had a shot at P5 if not for the last lap penalty. Oh well, still happy with my finish. Also, shout out to the driver who gave me a bump draft on the end of lap 1 into lap 2. I was shocked they kept it up the entire length of the straight. Good stuff!
I'd much rather bump draft someone than try to just overtake them if it means I'd be trying the overtake in a dicey location (hard-braking turn, esses, chicane, etc.) I'd rather just do the bump draft, pull away from those behind, not cause any issues, and get a clean race award and get my DR up (if a clean race has anything do with it.....I honestly don't know). I'd love to win or even just get on the podium of every race. But I know that won't happen, so I just try to be a clean driver and not cause any issues. Sometimes that doesn't work out as intended and I get penalized for it (whether with an actual penalty or my DR/SR going down).

Knocked another 0.2s off my qualifying time for Race C, probably half of which was holding 4th instead of shifting to 5th on Reta Oposta. I used TCS for qualifying this time simply so I could bang out some quick hot laps without having to reacquaint myself with throttle control. I can probably be just as fast without TCS in qualifying, but I got so used to using it in the race to preserve the rear tires that I just left it on when I tried qualifying again.

I'd much rather bump draft someone than try to just overtake them if it means I'd be trying the overtake in a dicey location (hard-braking turn, esses, chicane, etc.) I'd rather just do the bump draft, pull away from those behind, not cause any issues, and get a clean race award and get my DR up (if a clean race has anything do with it.....I honestly don't know). I'd love to win or even just get on the podium of every race. But I know that won't happen, so I just try to be a clean driver and not cause any issues. Sometimes that doesn't work out as intended and I get penalized for it (whether with an actual penalty or my DR/SR going down).
That's all I do when I race online. I try and keep it clean and hope for the best result. Some weeks are better than others, but I'm still having some fun driving against others and testing my skills.

Tried another Race C. Was right after the maintenance. Mixed grid A/B/C/D. Started 4th/finished 2nd. Lucky podium but I'll take it.

Did not expect to start high, expected to start on RH. But managed to get a good start with the RM and +1 TCS.

I held the lead for a few laps. Car behind was faster and closing so I thought I'd pit a lap early. I thought it be my only chance. Coming out of the pit I finally notice they're ghosted right behind me. Wasn't much of a race after that. :lol:

Race B is serving me well this week, with 4 races and a qual time of 7:57:7xx
Ha! I am tempted now, to finish one lap below 7:30:***. I think that is doable. last attempts, I always had to pee after the 1st two corner's, while doing that, I forgot about the race and made sandwiches, walked the dogs and finished Minecraft, came back to the race and finished nearly 3 seconds later than you.
;-) jk. damn typos ;-)

Well I did my stream (posting link in video's in a sec).

Results were 'average', reasonably good in the Fiat 500 though a little 'intense' on the close racing.

Race B was MEH thanks to penalties and I picked a 'joke' car as I wasn't really gonna take that race seriously.

The two races I did of C were fun but I am still getting used to the FT1500 since I can't do manual gears but I will have some more practice on it during the rest of the week as gotta head to other games tonight.

Ha! I am tempted now, to finish one lap below 7:30:***. I think that is doable. last attempts, I always had to pee after the 1st two corner's, while doing that, I forgot about the race and made sandwiches, walked the dogs and finished Minecraft, came back to the race and finished nearly 3 seconds later than you.
;-) jk. damn typos ;-)
Ha ha thanks for the spot , my thumbs are too fat for my phone

Last edited:
This is my first race in the F-1500 but I am a bit familiar as I used it on the ring in a rather masochistic experiment.

Here are my findings so far.

• For me the key was to learn it without TCS so that I could understand the slippery bits and proper throttle modulation. That took me to 1:19.9. TCS=2 took me to 1:19.1. The TCS allowed me to be more aggressive but still have the muscle memory to not overdo it and suffer the TCS power cut.
  • Minimize gear changes. The slow shift speed combined with the turbo lag is cuts your speed. I noticed the top 10 lappers are all maxing on fourth gear on the Reta Oposta and then ride the rev limiter.
  • Use downshifting to help turn in but then get into the next higher gear. The top 10 lappers downshift to 2 for Curva 1 but immediately upshift to 3rd. Ditto for the final curve (Juncao) but I cannot manage that one in 3rd.
  • The downforce is strong so gradually lift off the brake as you approach the corner and turn in aggressively... it will stick.

Interlagos-14.b23fccc965759e1418774e788948ffce.png
This sounds like my critique of the Gr. 2 cars when I won a race C after getting a penalty. The only difference was I didn't try the cars without TCS first. But, I was able to hone in on the cars handling characteristics with the TCS on. I made up tons of time (especially at the Snorkel that week), enough to cut the leader's 16 seconds down. My schedule is limited this week, but I'll give this advice a try if I can make it on track.

You know when you complete an action/adventure game on hard it unlock the HARD + mode. Well this week Race C is the HARD + mode of GTS. What a beast of a car. PD keeps on giving for a second week in a row! :cool: The track, the power, the turbo lag. The racing line, as long as you are on the track! :lol:

Did plenty of races from the back and only a couple of them are not podium. I'm still looking for a win but don't really believe it will come. SR is moving but always in S range.

Here's my take on a lap guide from my personal experience. I don't watch lap guide or Top 10 ghost.

• Don't care for 1st gear
  • 2nd gear, never go 100% throttle 50-60
  • TCS 2 kills all momentum, I'm using 1
  • minimise wheel spin by short shifting
  • lag is your friend

51717622021_d0153a0cf4_z.jpg

• Turn 1 downshift to 2nd immediately up to 3rd
  • Cut the curb on T2 and align T3 to stay close to the curb (don't touch).
  • turbo surge comes on after T3 apex and slingshot you nicely.
  • Turn 4 brake to second gear and 3rd gear on brake release.
  • Turbo lag let you aim for T5 apex and boom you go fast.
  • Turn 7 in 3rd gear full thottle instead of dealing full power of 2nd gear while turning.
  • Turn 8-9-10 2nd gear.
  • From 10 to 11, 2nd gear 50% and short shift when turbo kicks (before wheel spin or turn). Place your car for T11 and wait for POWERRR
  • Exit of T12 is the tricky part, 2nd gear 50% thottle, try to max out the rev and avoid wheel spin, good luck with that.
Way too many people try to use all gears on all the rev range resulting in big slide or slow changing gear at the wrong place (mid-exit corner)

Also, I use fuel map 2. Short shifting and FM2 allow me to only change tires and I have to lap available at FM1. Finish the race with 0.2.
With this I lap steadily in 1.21 and manage the race in 19m50.

Last edited:
You know when you complete an action/adventure game on hard it unlock the HARD + mode. Well this week Race C is the HARD + mode of GTS. What a beast of a car. PD keeps on giving for a second week in a row! :cool: The track, the power, the turbo lag. The racing line, as long as you are on the track! :lol:

Did plenty of races from the back and only a couple of them are not podium. I'm still looking for a win but don't really believe it will come. SR is moving but always in S range.

Here's my take on a lap guide from my personal experience. I don't watch lap guide or Top 10 ghost.

• Don't care for 1st gear
  • 2nd gear, never go 100% throttle 50-60
  • TCS 2 kills all momentum, I'm using 1
  • minimise wheel spin by short shifting
  • lag is your friend

51717622021_d0153a0cf4_z.jpg

• Turn 1 downshift to 2nd immediately up to 3rd
  • Cut the curb on T2 and align T3 to stay close to the curb (don't touch).
  • turbo surge comes on after T3 apex and slingshot you nicely.
  • Turn 4 brake to second gear and 3rd gear on brake release.
  • Turbo lag let you aim for T5 apex and boom you go fast.
  • Turn 7 in 3rd gear full thottle instead of dealing full power of 2nd gear while turning.
  • Turn 8-9-10 2nd gear.
  • From 10 to 11, 2nd gear 50% and short shift when turbo kicks (before wheel spin or turn). Place your car for T11 and wait for POWERRR
  • Exit of T12 is the tricky part, 2nd gear 50% thottle, try to max out the rev and avoid wheel spin, good luck with that.
Way too many people try to use all gears on all the rev range resulting in big slide or slow changing gear at the wrong place (mid-exit corner)

Also, I use fuel map 2. Short shifting and FM2 allow me to only change tires and I have to lap available at FM1. Finish the race with 0.2.
With this I lap steadily in 1.21 and manage the race in 19m50.
Sounds like you got the hang of this pretty quickly, but 3rd gear is much faster exiting T12. Turbo lag is minimal there, and you save time avoiding an extra gear change. Also you can probably go MUCH faster over the course of a race just going flat out and taking fuel when you pit. I can get 13 laps out of a full tank when driving at full chat, so I need less than 2s worth of fuel at the pit stop, which I more than make up on track. Short shifting alone is probably costing several tenths a lap because of how narrow the powerband is on these cars.

Race C is what it's all about. I'm having an incredibly hard time qualifying for it, though. But I'm having so much fun trying to get the time down. I've never been good at Interlagos but this is the most fun I've had on it.

I tried a lap last night with TCS 3 and it slowed me down by two seconds. I'll just stick to no TCS and continue to learn how to harness the beast.

Race C is what it's all about. I'm having an incredibly hard time qualifying for it, though. But I'm having so much fun trying to get the time down. I've never been good at Interlagos but this is the most fun I've had on it.

I tried a lap last night with TCS 3 and it slowed me down by two seconds. I'll just stick to no TCS and continue to learn how to harness the beast.
Or you could take the easy way out like me and use TCS 1. :lol: It's surprisingly unobtrusive and allows for some wheelspin without killing you if you get too eager on the throttle.

I've only used TCS for the start. I haven't spun her in a race yet but have had a few sqiuggles. It's not so bad when you get used to the car.
I originally qualified without TCS, but I don't trust myself enough to go 14 laps without spinning it. Even if I didn't spin it, I'd probably kill the rear tires a lap or 2 prematurely, so it stays on.

I originally qualified without TCS, but I don't trust myself enough to go 14 laps without spinning it. Even if I didn't spin it, I'd probably kill the rear tires a lap or 2 prematurely, so it stays on.
You do you. As always. You're much faster than me so it may require it when handled differently.

Sounds like you got the hang of this pretty quickly, but 3rd gear is much faster exiting T12. Turbo lag is minimal there, and you save time avoiding an extra gear change. Also you can probably go MUCH faster over the course of a race just going flat out and taking fuel when you pit. I can get 13 laps out of a full tank when driving at full chat, so I need less than 2s worth of fuel at the pit stop, which I more than make up on track. Short shifting alone is probably costing several tenths a lap because of how narrow the powerband is on these cars.
Thanks for the tip, 3rd gear in T12 and no fuel saving. I do shortshifting only when the car start to kick and I'm afraid to die.

I had some clean wheel to wheel racing this morning.

Gotta love those last lap, final corner dives to knock you off your line and cause you to lose 3 positions (in Race "A"). I WAS in 4th; but then I got knocked down to 7th. I guess the person behind me wasn't content with finishing 5th. Too bad, though, as they actually finished 6th when they were passed by the 2 right behind them when they slowed down from hitting me at a weird angle. They did an almost perpendicular hit instead of a side swipe. That caused them to lose more speed than necessary.

Other than that, I had all races (3, so far) get a clean race award. Thankfully my DR keeps climbing. Hopefully I'll get put into better and better lobbies.....hopefully.

I love the how the replay looks on this track, with these cars at these speeds.

Probably the first time I raced with @NekoPufferPPP, shame that race in particular didn’t work out well for you. Amazing qualifying time though!

Yyyyeahh....one wall tap and it's game over, later got into a squabble after one of the drivers punted me into the wall... I think that was one of the worst races of the night for me?

Good win, deserved. :cheers:

3 more races tonight all with favorable enough results.

Race 1 I start P7 and find myself in P2 after lap 1 due to the mess in turn 1 and a multitude of penalties from most of the drivers in front of me. A train of 3 drivers catch up to me at the hairpin and I get a slight bump and fall to P5. More penalties get me back to P3. Get some draft help from a Supra driver on the long straight and they use their momentum to gain a spot I that I take right back soon after. More drafting and we make up some ground on P2. They got a penalty unfortunately and I lost my drafting partner. I still finish P3 with a clean race bonus and thank the driver afterwards.

Race 2 I start P6 and gain 2 spots in the turn 1 mess again. Someone tries to force a pass as a car comes out of ghosting and we all survive with myself in P2. The 3 of us get a nice draft train with me in the front going and we catch P1. I’m glad people in my races knew that drafting was important so we could catch up and not lose momentum fighting side by side. But a small bump from behind makes me drop a spot. I then hit a wall in the "esses" and fall to P5. I get another wall penalty on the next lap and let P6 by where I take over. I’m stuck without any draft the rest of the race and finish P6 in the end.

Race 3 I’m in P8 this time and I lose a few spots in the turn 1 chaos. I’m behind two of the drivers (one being the Supra) who helped me draft earlier and I join the party. Next lap, I’m a bit too slow in the “esses” section of the track and I can’t catch back up to the others and find myself in no mans land. At this point I hope for some penalties and a driver gets one and I pass on by. But they don’t draft with me down the strait and I think that cost us time in the end. I was just out of range and that bump might have done the trick to get us both back in it. I get my entries wrong on the final lap going into the “esses” and slow down to avoid a wall penalty. I was only 4.5 seconds behind P1 so a very close race.

Minus the wall penalties, I'm having a good time with race B. It helps when people know that drafting down the long straight is important to keep speed and momentum up. Looking forward towards some more good races tomorrow. And a clip of that draft train from race 2 because it looked so cool in the replay.

Back