"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Just had a weird "B" race. It starts as a rolling/standing start. We start rolling like normal, then we all just slow way down, stop, then start to slowly creep forward. The countdown begins, and we're off. Someone doesn't go and I just nick them in the rear as I try to go around without upsetting anyone else around me. We're all bunched up coming down the main straight up to turn 1. I brake like normal, but realize too late that I'm actually going faster than I normally am at the start of this particular race. I overcook it into the chicane, and get reset amidst about 6 other cars. I'm ghosted, so no worries there. But I'm in 11th; down from 6th at the start and up to 1st coming up to the chicane. If I don't overcook it, I could probably retain the lead and go on to "win" (more on that, later) or, at least, a podium finish.
Just had the same thing happen - and I wasn't really paying attention, just waiting for the countdown then I'd accelerate but I suddenly look up and find someone stood still in front of me and a gaggle of cars spread out across the track. Very odd!

Just had the same thing happen - and I wasn't really paying attention, just waiting for the countdown then I'd accelerate but I suddenly look up and find someone stood still in front of me and a gaggle of cars spread out across the track. Very odd!
Thinking more about it, I've actually had that happen before. There was another race like that, that started the same way. I can't remember the track or classification of cars, but it was like only 4 of us caught on and made the start and we wound up like 30 seconds ahead of everyone else. So it was basically a 4-way fight.

@BloodRaven

Your report on this weirdness got me curious so I looked at his race results on GT Stats.

Interesting reading, especially the total number of laps led in each race. Seems Race B is over 7 laps?

Maybe it’s just a reporting glitch. Anyone else have a view on this?

Last edited:
Been doing a bit of testing for the upcoming Gr.3 race at Big Willow.
I've only tried about the half the cars, so far.
What has surprised me is that the R.S.01 is pretty badass there. 👍
I have barely ever used it.
The Peugeot VGT was a hot qualifier the last time Gr. 3 was there. It is tricky to drive fast. But practice does so much to help.

Just had another really good race. I started 3rd and finished 2nd. I tried my best to catch 1st, but he was just too fast. I was in the Veyron and he was in the GT-R. At Rettifilo, the guy in 2nd came to an almost complete stop, for some reason. I made the pass, there, and was only challenged for it 1 time. And the guy who challenged me wound up finishing in 9th thanks to him spinning and getting rest at Lesmo (between the corners) and getting a couple penalties totaling 2.5 seconds. And if not for others around him getting penalties, as well, he would've finished further down the list than that. I won't say he was a completely dirty driver, but he sure wasn't the cleanest. There were a couple times he bashed and banged a couple other drivers to gain a spot. But karma paid him a visit so it all worked out. And the drivers he hit went on to finish in that spot or even 1 or 2 higher. So his antics never really paid off for him.

And I finally got my DR back up to a C rating. Now if I can just keep it going in that direction.

EDIT: Just ran a race in a lobby with nothing but C/S drivers. And it wasn't without a bit of drama. I started 13th and finished 6th. Coming up to Rettifilo, I stayed to the right as I knew everyone else would go left to try and take a wider turn, there. I braked early, just so I wouldn't run into anyone, and then hoping I wouldn't get hit from behind. Thankfully, I got through cleanly. I can't say as much for some of the other drivers. They all bunched up and decided that playing pinball with each other was more important than trying to get through the corner cleanly. I passed about 4 cars there. I passed a couple more by way of 1 spinning (a bunch of times...like he'd been put on the spin cycle in a washing machine) and 1 serving a penalty.

On lap 2, someone spun coming out of Lesmo 2. They were ghosted, until I got to them. They were right in the middle of the track and it was either go through them or go off-track to go around. I chose through. However, they unghosted right as I got there. I hit them, heard the loud "WHAM!", then they ghosted again. My speed dropped off enough for me to get passed by 1 other driver, but it wasn't a total killer. And I'm guessing that's what made my SR suffer a bit (down to 96 from 99). Lap 3 was fairly non-eventful except for a couple more people serving penalties. But nothing major. I was up to 8th at that point and was happy to be 5 spots up from where I started.

On the last lap, P6 and P7 started fighting coming out of Ascari and going down the straight coming up to Parabolica. P6 shoved P7 way off to the left, and made an easy pass since I was in the slipstream of both of them. They could've finished where they were, but they decided to fight and get passed by at least 2 (me and the guy behind me) other drivers. And that's why I don't get involved in BS like that. I'd rather just let someone go and stay ahead of me than start battling with them and possibly lose multiple positions. ESPECIALLY on the last lap.

Last edited:
And now for your weekly dose of stupid driving. You would swear @Trone_Colby has bribed his way into this list almost every week. :lol:

6516FEE2-9860-4E94-8306-5FD5359FBD2D.jpeg

Ran 2 "B" races. 1st one was pretty good. I finished 1 spot down from where I started, but that was all my own fault. I cooked it a bit too much going into Rettifilo on lap 2 and got passed. I got passed again by someone at Roggia, but it was sort of like a divebomb, without it being an actual divebomb. He just went in faster and came out faster. No penalty as it was all clean, just kind of caught me by surprise, lol. On lap 3, someone spun out coming out of Lesmo 1 and I gained 1 spot back. And that's where I finished. I still had a clean race award and gained a bit of DR and SR.

Race 2 I started 4th and finished 6th. On lap 3, the car in P3 had a 1 second penalty (I guess for cutting the chicane a bit at Ascari, because that's where he picked it up). I start to drive a bit more aggressively to try and get closer to him to hopefully make a pass when he served his penalty. Coming up to the penalty zone, I was close enough to do so. He moved over to the left, so I moved right to make the pass. He unghosted before I got there, then jerked over to the right to block me. I hit him pretty good coming up to Ascari, and I thought maybe he'd go off in the sand, or I would, or we both would. And I instantly said, "Well, there goes my DR and SR. Thanks for that, dummy." Neither of us went off, which is good, and we both managed to make it through the chicane unscathed. I lost a bit of speed, but nothing major. However, going through Parabolica, at the start of it, I got slammed in the back and pushed wide. I saved it as I wasn't going that fast, but the rammer managed to pass me. So I finished in 6th. I guess he was going too fast and used me to slow down and then used the opportunity to pass me. I got another clean race award, somehow, and I actually gained both DR and SR (back up to 99). I don't know how, though, with me slamming into the back of another driver like that. I thought for sure both would suffer since it was me who did the hitting.

I am so in love with Daily Race B.

Did only three sessions for today because I was focused on doing a qualifying time (managed to get a 1.10.602).

My first run went well and I managed to land pole position already in my first race but I wasn't able to hold on as the snap oversteer of the RS01 got me and I ended up collecting someone while I was trying to correct my oversteer. I apologized afterwards and he understands as the car was snappy when it comes to oversteer. Oh and managed to finish P2 at least.

My second run was similar except no snap oversteer to screw up my run and it was my fault this time around as I succumbed to the pressure. Lost the lead around lap 3 then despite my best efforts to catch up, the pressure got me and again my pole position was all for naught and finished P2 once more.

My third and last run was where I finally got things rolling. Landed a pole position again but this time was able to hold on to a win but without having to defend the lead because it was a tight one. Had a good battle for it as well and it was really down to getting the defense right without the snap oversteer.

Here's some favorite replay scenes of mine during my Daily Race B excursion. I'm so looking forward to racing on this combo up until the week is up.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

GT Sport Daily Races: The Genesis of Genesis

The Gran Turismo Sport Daily Races continue on their weekly rotation, with a new set now available for the next seven days. There’s a chance to drive a car rarely seen in Sport Mode, along with more routine races to get to grips with this week...

Last edited:
Big Willow is like that one friend who won't talk bad in front of your face, but will talk smack behind your back. Did some qualifying for B. Not my best effort, but the high 1:11s was good enough for me. First race, start second & unceremoniously off myself T1L1. From dead last to 5th. Second race, started on pole. Tailed the whole first lap until the Porsche goes off at the last bend. Slowly watch the gap grow. Final lap coming for the downhill left after the Rabbit's Ear & the Viper darts right under braking, putting me into the desert. :banghead: Finished second. DR is up, even if I'm throwing away victories.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

GT Sport Daily Races: The Genesis of Genesis

The Gran Turismo Sport Daily Races continue on their weekly rotation, with a new set now available for the next seven days. There’s a chance to drive a car rarely seen in Sport Mode, along with a couple of more routine races to get to grips with this week...
I like the not-so-subtle dig at the FIA and Masi.

Ran a few this morning. One C first, in the Mustang. It was working just fine, slowly moving up the ranks until a German in an RZC just dived up the inside at Hawthorne and unceremoniously bumped me right off.
I wanted to give the benefit of doubt so placed myself in a position where he could repeat the offence and guess what, he did the exact same thing, only this time I spun around and ended at second to last so couldn't catch up.
Next race I grabbed the WRX and there he was.
Took every opportunity to bump him off while being clean to others
I finished with a blue S, he with a red.
Next race I was in the Mégane, he wasn't there.
The race was great until the guy that started in P2 got lost and decided no one should pass.
He did his best impression of the Black Knight and ended up in the sand, to finish around p8 or so, while I coasted in to p4 and a CRB.

On to Big Willow, where I am a little down on Gr3 on my alt so grabbed the Jag and ran a p10-p10 race.
Jumped in the M3 and did P11 -P3.

My DR has been tanking lately as I haven't been able to race often and when I have, it's be C (I'm slow) But Brands is one of my favorites so, it will be race C this wee:lol:. I'll be in race A when I can Race A friends. :cheers:

I haven't run any races, yet; but I've done some qualifying. I"m not a fan of Brands Hatch, but I decided to try that one, 1st. I got in the 4C and did a few laps. I like this car as it helps me stay on the track since I can control it rather easily. I did a decent lap, I though, but decided to try another car. I hopped in the Megane and beat my previous best time with it. When checking the top times, I noticed that most were using the Megane Trophy. I didn't have that version, so I purchased it. I did about 3 laps in it, but couldn't beat my best time. However, I was taking off a few tenths with each lap, so I know I can if I can keep pushing it. It's pretty easy to control for me and I can throw it around quite a bit and keep it on the track and pointed in the right direction. So I know I can shave off more time with it.

I hopped on "B" to try some qualifying and I used the R.S.01. I like this 1, too. It's easy to throw around and keep under control. I kept going off at the same spot on every lap, so I know where I need to lift to keep it on the pavement. I actually haven't completed a full lap because every time I went off, I just reset and started over. But I stopped because I got hungry, lol. So I'll be trying again in a bit. Hopefully I can put in a decent time and get some good racing in.

I'd like to give "C" a go this week, too, even though I'm not a fan of the track. With the right car, I think it can be good for me. "A" is another story, altogether. I think it'll be one of those races where most people (in lower lobbies) will be pushing everyone else off and using other cars to make the turns. Maybe I'll try and get my DR up so I can get in some better lobbies and not get mauled so much, lol.

How are people experiencing disconnects in Sport mode today/these days? Two races ago two people disappeared during the matching and last race six (!) drivers got disconnected as our lobby was put together. Six is a freaking red flag.

And on that topic, does someone know for sure when exactly the limit is where a disconnect only has you disconnected compared to the one that makes you DNF and finish last as well (and consequently lose tons of DR)?

I'm giving Willow Springs a shot this week. I've never raced online here and it would be a good opportunity to learn the track properly. I set a 1:12.7XX in the Corvette so far as I really don't want to use the R.S.01 and be a part of the "meta". But, what little I tried of that car tonight, it felt way easier to control everywhere. The entire uphill and downhill section I just can't get right so far. That's due to what little experience I have on this track. There is a huge amount of time to gain there, just need to find it.

I'm giving Willow Springs a shot this week. I've never raced online here and it would be a good opportunity to learn the track properly. I set a 1:12.7XX in the Corvette so far as I really don't want to use the R.S.01 and be a part of the "meta". But, what little I tried of that car tonight, it felt way easier to control everywhere. The entire uphill and downhill section I just can't get right so far. That's due to what little experience I have on this track. There is a huge amount of time to gain there, just need to find it.
My advice is: don't push Big Will. Meaning, don't over power the car. Most people are on the brakes for too long & that upsets most cars & you will skate off the track. The front tires won't turn if you are on the binders. You have to find a good mix of brakes/turning/throttle/no throttle in order to make time there.

Speaking of Willow, I had the chance to run a 3rd race in the afternoon. Started 6th & damn near won it. Hard to see from the video, but at the last corner on the last lap the leader threw a block. I wasn't happy, but I also wasn't in a position where he could bump me off track & make the situation worse.

Brands is really interesting, there are more than a few cars that are competitive. I actually set my fastest time (1.26.3) with the WRX but the Trophy has a 25.8 in it if i get it right. The 4C, VW and cayman also appear competitive. Those times are surprisingly competitive in A/A+ lobbies, I sit top 25% of A drivers right now and a 25.8 would get me top 10pc I think.

But Brands being brands, it is not that simple is it. You need to stay on the dang road and that is easier said than done. i raced the Trophy twice and I need to run full front BB to make it work for me but she is so good on the tyres compared to the WRX that I think it is the better race car. I made one small mistake in 13 laps in a room where i was wearing bib 17 with 39,000 points and it cost me 7 places, just so damn fast in there.

I give guys credit, the A+ non-qualifiers coming through were patient enough, I am quite slow compared to them but maintained my lines so it is hard to pass at brands and most of them waited until the right time to pass, held one guy up 3 full laps and he didn't nerf me off.

Last edited:
My second day of Daily Race B excursion continued to be eventful and it was alright.

Glad that I got to be queued with @Hdbd04 in one of my afternoon sessions.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211214161329.png

As for my sessions, was able to get 4 wins and 5 podiums for this one. It also led to me getting to know more with the OGR boys and really they're a nice bunch as long as I keep it clean in racing with its team members and got some good races out of their members.

My favorite moment for today was when I was going at it on the last lap and after pressuring the pole sitter enough I managed to get through and take the lead on the last lap and from there I managed to land a win. Also the guy in third place binned it probably due to the kerb or something on the last corner of the track.

And when I saw the amount of wins I have right now, I'm starting to think if the Daily Race B combos for the final 2 weeks of the year are up to my liking I might be able to get 200 wins before the end of the year.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211214110055.png

Last edited:
Been doing a bit of testing for the upcoming Gr.3 race at Big Willow.
I've only tried about the half the cars, so far.
What has surprised me is that the R.S.01 is pretty badass there. 👍
I have barely ever used it.
are you using the RS01, willow master?
I like it, Q and race

Latest Posts

Back