"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 25, 2020.

1. NoStopN

NoStopN

Personally, I've never thought that hard about the range of motion for the sticks. I just learn how the motion translates on screen & adapted to that.

For every GT game I've driven, I've always used X/O for throttle/brake. My statement was in reference to changing to triggers if someone was having issues with the buttons.

2. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

Interesting. How do you throttle control and trail brake? Just FYI, you would be a superpower if you changed.

3. NoStopN

NoStopN

I trail brake by braking a touch longer than necessary & turn in while still on the brake. This isn't the easiest method because if you don't time the switch back to the throttle at the right time, you'll just go straight to rear wheel spin. I've done it more times than I could count. But that method helped to make Big Willow one of my favorite tracks. I could trail brake the left uphill turn before the top of the hill. A little puff of smoke told me that I had gotten it right.

4. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

I guess TC and ABS makes up for some of it, but there's still alot of time wasted there.

5. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

Well driving with the motion control is super fun lol!

Tried some practice runs at DTG since I’m fresh from weekly.

Spent a fair amount of time spinning and playing in the sand lmao, but did a lap within 5 secs of my best after a couple laps.

Looks like I’ll be on the practice track for a bit!

6. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

A lot of that IS lag, but the ones that aren't are more likely using d-pad to steer rather than sticks..... Yes, you can use d-pad to steer. If that is your chosen input the game does a bit of smoothing.

Same as d-pad, if using X & O or X & square for throttle/brake, the game smooths the inputs a bit. They don't instantly jump from zero to full when you hit the button, it takes a small but significant fraction of a second. Same on release.

Sticks can be very smooth for steering, but it takes practice because the range of motion is so small.

7. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Only way I've been able to drive the karts.

Redneckchef likes this.
  8. NoStopN

NoStopN

Actually, my times got faster because I could go with TC off. Meanwhile, back in the daily races....

Wait, can I see that from on board?

9. NoStopN

NoStopN

And still, there's more.

10. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

Think I must be missing something then.

11. NoStopN

NoStopN

It is kind of difficult to explain. It's just something you learn to do. I'll dust off this video. Notice when I take that left leading up to the top of the hill? There are faint whisps of tire smoke to indicate the braking technique I've tried to describe. You're correct that it will kill tires quicker, but I don't do many daily race Cs.

12. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Anybody experiencing problems with the servers? I've gotten disconnected from about 10 races today... That's never happened before, really odd. There goes my DR, about 5k worth, lol. I don't even know why I'm still trying but I am!

13. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Haha, you know what I'm talking about

GTWolverine likes this.
  14. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

What rating are you? I use partial throttle using R2 trigger and TC at 1 and still go off. Not sure how using an on/off button and TC at 0 is even possible.

15. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

Is there a general poll on what typically people are using? L2/R2 vs X/O, or stick vs motion? I thought it would be a non question.

16. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

I use a wheel, but have raced motoGP on PS for years with the controller. The buttons are NOT on/off. They are pressure sensitive and, with practice, part throttle and braking can be done.

17. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks

18. baygencos

baygencos

I played gt 2-3-4-5-6 and sport with a controller using x for gas and [] for brakes. (Now have a 300rs gt)
    You can modulate gas and brake by tapping the buttons in a frequency. Trail braking is possible this way and works flawless.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020 at 7:35 AM
  19. 05XR8

05XR8

Had a decent race.
    [​IMG]

Had an RX-V behind that raced clean, left room and was patient. Another Supra was fair as well. We werer moving up as many people were spinning out due to contact. I'm guessing it's the new collision "dampening". I got hit/tapped, by the RX-V, on the last lap and was able to maintain control.

CAn't wait til everyone learn that braking on the racing line doesn't mean "OH, YOU L:EFT THE DOOR OPEN FOR ME TO OVERTAKE?! PERFECT!". The cars I raced with were braking straight and we all followed one another on the optimum line. Nice real racing like.

Anyway, Race C is next in the TS050.

Edit: I couldn't call that in a million years. Stasrted 15/16.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Players were throwing the win away. Someone pitted on Lap 3. I still don't see how players are riding walls. Gently apply the throttle. Braaaaaake for turns.
    I have to watch the replay to believe what I saw in the live race. I got up to 5th place and The leader was way ahead. P4 was all over the place. P3 was out of boost and P4 wasn't showing any patience at all. Tried to gom into a gap that wasnt there and the wall stopped the car. P2 spun somewhere and that left me in P3. P2 got a penalty. The leader was 12 seconds ahead and That vanished after the leader crashed.

From lap 8-11, Players pitting. I have 2,5 laps ledft. NO conserving. Probably saved fuel by slowing for the crashes and yellow flags.
    Pitted with .6 in the tank. Filled to 2.0 Laps and still had the lead by 2.5 seconds into T1.

Last lap, int to T1, the computer tried to get me. I was casutious and slowed up. Turned and the car felt like it was bogging down. Felt like no power steering(I use a DS4) and I'm slowly moving to the edge of the track. Oh hell NO! dabbed the brake a bit, turned more left and gave it some gas. SO weird. My lead dropped from 3.5s to 2.3s. Maintained my composure for the result in the pic.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020 at 8:08 AM
    The_Tullster and Landy1264 like this.