"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

To be fair, the GT-R LM has... well... one thing going for it. It turns in really well when you lift off the gas, courtesy of being FF. Small advantage to an otherwise gimicky, and useless car. Could be worth the DR loss for the memes though, this is just a game after all. Imagine the guy in pole position choosing the GT-R LM, I'd do it just for the 30 seconds of laughter it'd bring everyone else when the starting grid is being shown :lol:.

2. barak181

barak181

You know sometimes when someone ruins your race. And is then matched against you in your next race? Yeah. That guy.

Tea_Leaves, ASH32, LVS_1986 and 3 others like this.
  3. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

@Natalie_GT thank you for doing the research for us!
    I for one will run 787b and R92CP, alternating to rest my ears. But that Howl is addictive

4. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Honestly, I think the R92CP, 787B, 962C, 919 and TS050 are the only Gr.1 cars you ever really need to have since they are the METAs. I'm thinking of running the R92CP for qualifying and the 787B for the race, since the Nissan is the quickest without slipstream.

...also so I can sell all the other useless Gr.1 cars that I had to buy so I could test them and they ended up not being any good :lol:.

To add, anybody know what the META is for Interlagos? Think it's the Atenza? I just like to spend my money wisely, so I can buy the unicorns ASAP. What's PD's obsession with the 20 million dollar cars, anyway...

5. 05XR8

05XR8

R8s and RSRs seem to be choice cars on twisty circuits. GT-R was the META before the BOP change.

6. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

That guy is so pathetic he still lost! If he wanted to do it properly he should've blocked you at the last minute so he'd get a speed boost and maybe take another place too.

Goes to show, most rammers don't do it smartly :lol:!

x5abotagex86, ASH32, LVS_1986 and 4 others like this.
  7. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

Matching is based on SR, then DR, then once you're in the lobby on Q time.

SR is broken down in brackets of ten, SR90 - 99 drivers fill lobbies by DR until none are left, last lobby may be filled with SR80-89. Lobbies are filled based on highest DR first. The process then continues for remaining SR80-89, then 70-79 etc.

Once you've been matched according to this, the lobby you're in is sorted by Q time.

8. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Ummm, disapointing... I really like 908, Im gonna drive it anyway... Race or two, then 787 I guess. Great job!

x5abotagex86, Natalie_GT and Pigems like this.
  9. CapableRamblr

CapableRamblr

I still do NOT understand the DR system. Two Race B's this morning, both clean, both advance 3 and 4 positions, and still my DR goes DOWN 159 points. I give up.

Pigems likes this.
  10. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Gained positions doesn’t mean anything, it only matters where you finish and who is ahead of and behind you at the finish.

11. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

The DR system doesn't care where you start or how many cars you pass. It only cares what slot you're in on the results board at race end, and how your DR compares to the other drivers in the race.
    It also doesn't care whether it was a clean race or a demolition derby. ONLY your finish position counts.

SR does care about the demolition derby, and if your SR suffers enough your DR will be reset.

12. CapableRamblr

CapableRamblr

A lot of time and effort, Natalie. Thanks. Though I wish you'd included your lap times as well, so I could judge how well I'm doing in the few cars I have on that list.

Anyway. Maybe I'll see ya'll on the track next week. If I feel I can handle the humiliation.

x5abotagex86, Pigems and Natalie_GT like this.
  13. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Oh, heck no! I just wanted to see how each one drove and compare them all. You can get a big idea from just a few laps, more so with BOP. I don't have nearly enough time to put each and every one of the Gr.1 cars through an actual time attack, and plus, I'm no alien :lol:.

14. Pigems

Pigems Premium

We did a race last night with this combo, I think my best lap was a 3:06.9, so the Aliens will probably be close to or under the 3 minute mark.

15. CapableRamblr

CapableRamblr

With BoP on? If off, then I'm not to far off that mark. Just ran a few with BoP on. About 3 secs slower. Guess I have some more practice to do. Especially as my best times are with cars pretty low on Natalie's list. Just can't get a handle on the Jag. A squirrely cat she is.

Pigems likes this.
  16. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Yup, BoP On, RH tires and no slipstream for that lap, using the R92. :tup:

17. CapableRamblr

CapableRamblr

So I'm about 5 secs. slow. Yep... More practice. And perhaps a purchase or two.

x5abotagex86 and Pigems like this.
  18. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

5 seconds at Le Sarthe is not so bad. What DR are you? @Pigems is A or A+ and fast!

x5abotagex86 and Pigems like this.
  19. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Take into consideration slipstream is also a big thing, especially down La Sarthe and ESPECIALLY with Gr.1 cars. Defending from Mulsanne to Tertre Rouge isn't very difficult and on the Mulsanne straight it's down to the players around you and downright luck; if they work with you by bump drafting or not, if you have multiple trains of slipstream down the straight, if you're going 4 wide into the Mulsanne corner (I've seen it, trust me, some people should learn when to back off :crazy:), bunch of factors other than raw pace can affect the outcome.

Pigems likes this.