"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 22, 2020.

1. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

I’ve been avoiding the Redbull Ring since I don’t know the track and I’m still salty from the FF domination from recent gr4 cars. So many gr4 cars, it’s just silly, and I don’t want to be disappointed with the “nerf”

Anyone having any luck being competitive with anything else at race B?

Prolly run a “test race” with the 86 tonight, but just looking for some insight :)

BTW really enjoying the GR2 at Suzuka still! Throttle control is one of my few “strong” points in the game, and I feel like racing my Gr3 Atenza is like training for GR2 lol. Feel like the driving is very similar- except the GR2 cars are more... throwable...?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 2:02 PM
    Pigems likes this.
  2. ASH32

ASH32

Yes pit smack bang in the middle, lap 5. Only go to 6 if you are brave and there's a number of cars smashing each other in front of you who then all pit. ;)

3. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

I’ve learned to follow my gut with pitting. Every single time I decided to wait a lap to pit, last second, something terrible has happened on that lap... EVERY time! Lol :(

so far I’ve pitted after 4/5/6 laps. Had most success putting on lap 5 myself.

Had a rough start on one race, and lots of space and didn’t pit till the end of lap 7 just for kicks, strong finish on fresh tires, but I’m sure I lost a bit of time on lap 6/7

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 2:16 PM
    Pigems and ASH32 like this.
  4. ASH32

ASH32

Yes I tried lap 4 once since I was near the back anyway and it'd worked ok but of course someone way in front crashed off and then ended up right in front me slowing me down and then come lap 10 the tyres are bad and I was barely hanging on. That is probably the likely outcome if you pit on a lap other than 5 more often than not. ;)

Just won a race though (started 2nd) but only because a top driver decided to let me for some reason, by slowing right down, they'd have won unchallenged by about 7 seconds otherwise, way too fast for me. :tup:

:gtpflag:

Pigems, crusselz and x5abotagex86 like this.
  5. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

The reason would probably be "I want my DR to be lower than my pace so I can get easy wins later"?

Edit: I also pit on L5 and are enjoying Suzuka very much. I love RBR but not in Gr 4 One Make.
    I don't think I will enter any more Gr 4 races before a new BOP makes the FF equal. Races with high tire wear is OK, they are balanced but any race B is a FF Fiesta.

Pigems likes this.
  6. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

Doing 10 laps cleanly around suzuka is such a flex .

8l23ub, x5abotagex86 and Pigems like this.
  7. ASH32

ASH32

Maybe but doubtful in this case, this was the top room for dailies so it'd only possibly affect FIA rooms and they are good enough to challenge the best, so it'd be a shame if they were doing this on purpose for that reason. Also they still finished 3rd, they let (lets say a youtuber who divides opinion :sly:) through too right near the end of the last lap and they also won a previous race, I think they were just bored or something, they were a level above everyone else in the race and no one could even hope to challenge them. :indiff:

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  8. DarkSideNet

DarkSideNet

Try the 458, great everything on the track, just stay in the slipstream. It confuses the PuGs.

Pigems and x5abotagex86 like this.
  9. jad866

jad866

Ii also like the LEXUS better than the GTR. For me smoother less twitchy 1:48:900 my qualy time

Pigems likes this.
  10. ECO_Green_GT

ECO_Green_GT

I’ve been playing for a few months, and so far I'm at A. I try to compete in about 2-3 races each weekend. Last weekend was a major exception because i loved racing GR3 at Mt. Panorama.

Attached Files:

Pigems, x5abotagex86 and AlexWilmot like this.
  11. bone_tone

bone_tone

Some people are non-stopping, I've no idea how they manage that!

Pigems, x5abotagex86 and ASH32 like this.
  12. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Maybe took a phone call :)

Pigems and x5abotagex86 like this.
  13. ASH32

ASH32

Yes there a lot of possibilities, we could guess forever and still not get it right. :lol:

14. Skipflap

Skipflap

Lol Maybe he uses a T300 like me, and it decided to send PS4 to home screen. Nightmare sometimes.

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  15. ASH32

ASH32

That's as crazy as people making two stops, its not going to work unless you are much better than all the other drivers.

Pit loss time is so small these days, especially when you are just taking tyres, you'll lose far more time trying to drive on awful tyres. :lol:

Mind you none of the above is as crazy as ending the race with more than half a tank of fuel remaining. Also 11 laps would have made this race so much better. ;)

Pigems, Kermit_2142 and x5abotagex86 like this.
  16. NoStopN

NoStopN

I've found out that a 6/4 strategy is as far as I would recommend pushing it. I bit the big one trying a 7/3. But those last 4 laps I was able to pick up 2 spots, & they were spaced out pretty good.

The only way I see that happening is if the pole sitter happens to get through turn one without being sent to the moon, but everybody behind them is crashing a ton. It could happen. :D

ASH32 likes this.
  17. meekrab

meekrab

I was on pole for one race and second would have to be an absolute R4M tier ramming expert to punt you without wiping himself out, there's a pretty big gap by T1.

18. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

Crazy how 1 poor performance in nations cup can completely recover SR, and 1 daily completely not your fault can destroy it.

19. Ryan Sandall

Ryan Sandall

Finally made it to 70k Dr as of right now, I'm pretty sure I've hit it before but never got the screenshot before I'd lose it again so here it is
    Worst thing about being this level is if I'm in a race with anyone now and finish P2 or P3 there's a good chance I'm losing Dr Screenshot_20200701-225552.jpg

And sure enough the next race I get rammed off out the lead at T1 and have to fight with a bunch of Muppets who can't tell the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground and I'm A SR and lost 1.5k Dr just F Off

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 11:24 PM
    Matrix243123 and KosmoKazi like this.
  20. NoStopN

NoStopN

Had a damn good, competitive race C. And if course, I got called dirty. Leader tried to push me off a straightaway. He succeeded, but I got a 2 second penalty for my revenge. But, I got a 2nd & 1000 DR.

21. Matrix243123

Matrix243123

Was wondering about that. I'm already picking and choosing getting close to AS. Those are some crazy stats.

22. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Yeah, 3 months into the game and I've all but quit the Daily Races. Will give Race C a go at least once, but can see myself falling back into B ranking due to it.

23. NoStopN

NoStopN

I had the opportunity to test that theory. I had second behind me & he was in the slipstream on the opening straight. Then, he just went off on his own. The dirty air is so strong in Gr. 2 cars. But, after only 2 races, I gained 23 SR points & 2100 DR. I'll be farming like Old MacDonald during the holiday weekend. :lol:

Race 1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race 2:
    [​IMG]