"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
how about arranging the races first by a much stricter safety rating, then by DR, that way all the boneheads are banging against each other. obviously a simplified suggestion....or maybe restated:)

how about arranging the races first by a much stricter safety rating, then by DR, that way all the boneheads are banging against each other. obviously a simplified suggestion....or maybe restated:)
Unless they did something about the way it's done what's the point? I could get from 1 to 99 in 6 or so games easily if I wanted, does that mean I'm going to be clean on the 7th race? SR needs to climb and drop slower, being more of an average (weighing recent games higher obviously) than an indication of the last few races you've played.

Well really liking race C this week and am convinced I'm getting better. Couldn't cope with the bad driving so using an alt and been as dirty as I need to be, resulting in dropping to C and really struggling to cope with how slow they are. Not knocking them and tried my best not to ruin any games, but I didn't think I'd gotten that much faster till I had to drive against C's and I don't want that again. Think I'm finally settling in at about 20K, so still not what you would call good.
Come to realise though that 10-15K drivers are mostly dirty because of lack of skill and/or stupidity, those above tend to be dirty to win. Still doesn't make much difference when it ruins your race.

Unless they did something about the way it's done what's the point? I could get from 1 to 99 in 6 or so games easily if I wanted, does that mean I'm going to be clean on the 7th race? SR needs to climb and drop slower, being more of an average (weighing recent games higher obviously) than an indication of the last few races you've played.

I feel like we have been suggesting this for a long while, especially when you got reset after 2 bad races which was what resulted in the lenient system we have today, so one problem led to another.

Come to realise though that 10-15K drivers are mostly dirty because of lack of skill and/or stupidity, those above tend to be dirty to win. Still doesn't make much difference when it ruins your race.
Very much this. It takes much more skill than DR-C and low DR-B drivers have to drive dirty and win. My feeling is that seven out of ten "dirty" incidents at the lower levels are lack of skill rather than evil intent.

Very much this. It takes much more skill than DR-C and low DR-B drivers have to drive dirty and win. My feeling is that seven out of ten "dirty" incidents at the lower levels are lack of skill rather than evil intent.

Totally agree with this statement. Even being a mid-high B driver, if I do anything to ruin someone's race its most definitley not with the intention of being dirty or just trying to gain a spot, just lack of skill/experience. I don't even bother blocking when racing, if someone is coming up fast and way outpacing me I'll just move over and let them by. The only time I'll fight is when I know I have the pace and can outdrive them, but I never bump or knock anyone off track intentionally, wouldn't even be fun to gain spots knocking someone out of the race.

"Dirty driving" is a pattern. Not a single incident.

SR rating is pretty accurate if you look at it over time. Some fluctuate and occasionally have high SR but on average they they only race about 10-20% at high SR. And yes it's unfortunate to be matched with them. But in contrast Motorsport without incidents is not Motorsport. Motorsport requires a danger factor or it doesn't feel real.

And it's harder to be consistent driving dirty, SR and DR. So as frustrating as this game is to clean drivers, rest assured dirty drivers are having a worse time. :)

And it's harder to be consistent driving dirty, SR and DR. So as frustrating as this game is to clean drivers, rest assured dirty drivers are having a worse time. :)

As a player who is consistently in the 30K - 40K DR range with SR-S for over 400 days, how are the dirty drivers having a worse time when I see the same filthy players race after race, doing the same things over and over again? From my perspective, at least, there is absolutely no deterrent to not be dirty. Lose a few SR? No problem getting it back in a single race. Ruin over half the lobby's races? No sweat, they're back next slot, and next day, and next week to do it all over again.

As a player who is consistently in the 30K - 40K DR range with SR-S for over 400 days, how are the dirty drivers having a worse time when I see the same filthy players race after race, doing the same things over and over again? From my perspective, at least, there is absolutely no deterrent to not be dirty. Lose a few SR? No problem getting it back in a single race. Ruin over half the lobby's races? No sweat, they're back next slot, and next day, and next week to do it all over again.
Happy B-day weekend! Don't let idiots ruin that. :D

If you look at the SR chart of a dirty driver you can imagine how their races are split. 1 or 2 at SR S then 8 or 9 races below. DR means nothing if you can't keep it.

Also as frustrating as it is to have 1 dirty driver in a lobby, they have one in every lobby because it's them that's the issue.

We get the occasional great race which makes it all worth it. They have no chance at one because of their lack of skill.

I would image that's more frustrating.

Happy B-day weekend! Don't let idiots ruin that. :D

Thank you! :cheers:

But yeah, it's kind of sad. I've played this game for well over 1000 days, over 3100 Sport Mode races, 150,000 miles and truly love the game. But really, other than most FIA's, all I really do is time trials, DRWF on Friday, and the occasional private lobby with a buddy of mine. Even on my alts, I can't be bothered for the most part with dailies. I just find it's not so much racing anymore, than it is playing a video game where getting to the end first by whatever means necessary is all that matters.

Thank you! :cheers:

But yeah, it's kind of sad. I've played this game for well over 1000 days, over 3100 Sport Mode races, 150,000 miles and truly love the game. But really, other than most FIA's, all I really do is time trials, DRWF on Friday, and the occasional private lobby with a buddy of mine. Even on my alts, I can't be bothered for the most part with dailies. I just find it's not so much racing anymore, than it is playing a video game where getting to the end first by whatever means necessary is all that matters.
That makes sense, DRWF started because we were fed up with the Daily Races and wanted to do the combos with clean racers. :lol:

Also taught me finishing position isn't what makes for a great race. 1 dirty player may ruin a race. But 1 clean player could make the entire race worthwhile.

7D412ACB-73C0-4BA3-9A54-5826E03F9AAA.jpeg

My new rides pretty fresh.

Put her on da podium!

I love this livery! Down to 26.4 going in…

Last edited:
"Dirty driving" is a pattern. Not a single incident.

SR rating is pretty accurate if you look at it over time. Some fluctuate and occasionally have high SR but on average they they only race about 10-20% at high SR. And yes it's unfortunate to be matched with them. But in contrast Motorsport without incidents is not Motorsport. Motorsport requires a danger factor or it doesn't feel real.

SR rating would have a more accurate look over time if it would not top at 99. Like many of us, I'm at 99 and barely losing any SR. If the SR was on a never ending scale, it would make more sense, dirty driver would lose the race of farming SR.

It make no sense for me to make the effort of keeping my behavior in check and not get into hairy situation to stay at 99 only to encounter another at the same rating racing only to kill everyone in his path.

I think that's Igor Fraga in 7th also....

This was from the next race. Flat through the chicane of death with a world champ on your rear bumper. No pressure. I considered going defensive into the last turn lol, but didn’t, slipstream was too strong I stayed to my line and he went by on my inside…
00D8FAAD-441A-4B36-AB21-103036845324.jpeg

Edit the guy behind Fraga also got through, great driver.

Last edited:
This was from the next race. Flat through the chicane of death with a world champ on your rear bumper. No pressure. I considered going defensive into the last turn lol, but didn’t, slipstream was too strong I stayed to my line and he went by on my inside…View attachment 1018221

Edit the guy behind Fraga also got through, great driver.
I accidentally took STLSTIG out the other day going into turn 1, he had me down the main straight and we were side by side going around the kink and I straddled the curb too much and got all out of shape going into the braking zone for t1 and ended half on the grass and spun and took him out lol. Felt so bad but hes a cool guy and knew I was just being a momentary pleb, still ruined his race unfortunately.

Complete mix bag over the past couple of days.

First race at Spa today was completely maddening, started 9th, up to 6th before the downhill right hander, tagged and spun, down to 12th. Dragged myself to 9th again and took somebody on the inside at first half of the bus stop - cleanly I might hand, to have the driver take me out and put me in the wall. I don't rage quit often, but that really annoyed me.

Later on today when I'd mellowed I experienced sportsmanship when a driver ahead spun, and deliberately moved out the way after coming back onto the track. And my final race was my closest to a win at Spa, started 4th, finished 3rd by 1.5 seconds as 1st amd 2nd squabbled over the last couple of miles. Did I pray for an accident, of course I did :)

DR taken a bit of a battering last couple of days

Two races in today and there has been tons of filth. I'm not taking it lightly, though. I sacrificed my SR for the greater good but some criminals will never learn, I fear.

Don’t I know it. I literally got stuck in the middle of 6 drivers all fighting with each other and I couldn’t get past them for the opening laps in the race were were both in. I’m shocked I didn’t pick up a penalty during all that nonsense. A few trips to the CoD didn’t help either and I fall back close to the rear of the field. I stick it out to get some more experience for next time and eventually end P11, right where I started.

Next race I start P6. I find myself in P2 for a bit, but I run wide coming out of the “Snorkel” turn trying to defend a bit too much. Yet another trip to the CoD sends me back to P9 on the same lap. I manage to get back to P5 so that's cool.

I also, FINALLY, hit a DR score of 20k+! Hooray!

Don’t I know it. I literally got stuck in the middle of 6 drivers all fighting with each other and I couldn’t get past them for the opening laps in the race were were both in. I’m shocked I didn’t pick up a penalty during all that nonsense. A few trips to the CoD didn’t help either and I fall back close to the rear of the field. I stick it out to get some more experience for next time and eventually end P11, right where I started.

Next race I start P6. I find myself in P2 for a bit, but I run wide coming out of the “Snorkel” turn trying to defend a bit too much. Yet another trip to the CoD sends me back to P9 on the same lap. I manage to get back to P5 so that's cool.

I also, FINALLY, hit a DR score of 20k+! Hooray!
Congrats. I had high hopes for that race but, alas, it wasn't to be.

I just went from pole to first across the finish line in a SR A lobby. I pleaded with everyone to be civil and that we all need SR and wouldn't you know it, it was almost all blue S and As after the race.

I accidentally took STLSTIG out the other day going into turn 1, he had me down the main straight and we were side by side going around the kink and I straddled the curb too much and got all out of shape going into the braking zone for t1 and ended half on the grass and spun and took him out lol. Felt so bad but hes a cool guy and knew I was just being a momentary pleb, still ruined his race unfortunately.

I like the way he drives. He’s cool.

Lol anybody remember how mad I was a while back?
Yeah my q efforts paid off. He was in the top split again.
He called me out pre race.
Man this race was so sweet, he got Larini’d the exact way he did me.
I had an ok race…My strategy of sticking with softs paid off and I was able to break into the clear after escaping the clutches of my Larini friend.
From there it was about DONT fight put the head down and keep it clean.
Amazing how they wanna fight over every corner instead of looking at the bigger picture…
I got a new sponsor…
24676830-3E70-4760-A7E1-8A0053AC0CF6.jpeg

The best part was beating that guy who offer me and commenting to him post race!!!!

LOLOLOLOL :cheers:

I like the way he drives. He’s cool.

Lol anybody remember how mad I was a while back?
Yeah my q efforts paid off. He was in the top split again.
He called me out pre race.
Man this race was so sweet, he got Larini’d the exact way he did me.
I had an ok race…My strategy of sticking with softs paid off and I was able to break into the clear after escaping the clutches of my Larini friend.
From there it was about DONT fight put the head down and keep it clean.
Amazing how they wanna fight over every corner instead of looking at the bigger picture…
I got a new sponsor…
View attachment 1018232

The best part was beating that guy who offer me and commenting to him post race!!!!

LOLOLOLOL :cheers:
That lobby was unreal everyone qualied within a second all sub 27's!!! Way to get in there and mix it up! I opted for mediums at the start and it didn't pay off. I will share some clips of what it's like getting stuck in the back of the pack later tonight or tomorrow.

@Stilva I just skimmed the replay. The guy who apologized to me after the race was indeed the culprit I was looking for. Something about that corkscrew makes some people swerve in front like they're a badman. Well, at least he said sorry but I do hope he learned his lesson. You just can't do that.

Last edited:
That lobby was unreal everyone qualied within a second all sub 27's!!! Way to get in there and mix it up! I opted for mediums at the start and it didn't pay off.

That was a very very satisfying podium, definitely.
Two points…
1. Chorizo guy should have listened to his manager. Apollo didn’t and neither did chorizo. Both lost. I was prepared to let it go, but he poked the bear…

2. Playing smart.

Last edited:
Some supposed YouTuber starting from the back in a NSX did the same thing to me in a later race, lap 11 or so. I messaged him after, asking him to please pick a line because I almost wrecked but his answer was that he was taking an aggressive line.

He picked up my slip on the straight and I stuck way to the outside. The position was absolutely his to take. He just got past me and swerved in front of me while braking. How is this an aggressive line? He had tons of room but chose to risk both of our races. He is obviously on an alt account having fun but his explanation doesn't sit right with me. I could have gone defensive but I was giving him the position.

Could someone tell me how I'm wrong? I don't have the means to upload a video but maybe I painted a decent enough picture for you guys. Maybe it's on YouTube lol.

Edit - @Groundfish I finally get what that old man was saying lol

Last edited:
Some supposed YouTuber starting from the back in a NSX did the same thing to me in a later race, lap 11 or so. I messaged him after, asking him to please pick a line because I almost wrecked but his answer was that he was taking an aggressive line.

He picked up my slip on the straight and I stuck way to the outside. The position was absolutely his to take. He just got past me and swerved in front of me while braking. How is this an aggressive line? He had tons of room but chose to risk both of our races. He is obviously on an alt account having fun but his explanation doesn't sit right with me. I could have gone defensive but I was giving him the position.

Could someone tell me how I'm wrong? I don't have the means to upload a video but maybe I painted a decent enough picture for you guys. Maybe it's on YouTube lol.

Edit - @Groundfish I finally get what that old man was saying lol
Your Playstation can record up to an hour of footage at a time and you can trim them into clips. I just double tap my share button before the race to start recording and double tap it at the finish line to stop recording and then you have a clip saved. It's a bit confusing figuring it out at first but it's the quickest way to record and share your replays/races on PS4 without using external software on a PC. The other option is save the in game replay and record it with your PS4. You need a YT account linked to your PS4 and you can upload it from the PS4 and share here from your YT account.

I recently got into the habit of recording most of my races so I can share the great ones here. No crazy editing but I know some guys like skimming through the action or seeing a race they were in from a different perspective.

Your Playstation can record up to an hour of footage at a time and you can trim them into clips. I just double tap my share button before the race to start recording and double tap it at the finish line to stop recording and then you have a clip saved. It's a bit confusing figuring it out at first but it's the quickest way to record and share your replays/races on PS4 without using external software on a PC. The other option is save the in game replay and record it with your PS4. You need a YT account linked to your PS4 and you can upload it from the PS4 and share here from your YT account.

I recently got into the habit of recording most of my races so I can share the great ones here. No crazy editing but I know some guys like skimming through the action or seeing a race they were in from a different perspective.
Yeah, I used to do that a lot when I was big on Rainbow Six Siege. Studied my plays to get better. But I have never shared through YouTube. Will my account stay private if I do it this way? My YT is under my real name and I don't want that shared to my psn friends. Anyway, I'll look into it.

But if someone can't handle the corkscrew from the middle of the track in, I'm not sure the guy should be streaming. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Yeah, I used to do that a lot when I was big on Rainbow Six Siege. Studied my plays to get better. But I have never shared through YouTube. Will my account stay private if I do it this way? My YT is under my real name and I don't want that shared to my psn friends. Anyway, I'll look into it.

But if someone can't handle the corkscrew from the middle of the track in, I'm not sure the guy should be streaming. Just a thought.
I think you can change your username on your YT account at any time.

Yea there's a lot guys on Twitch or YT streaming these days but even the biggest names that still stream barely get more than a couple 100 viewers at a time and they're actually pretty damn fast.

I prefer screening my evidence and deleting the compromising clips before sharing them:lol:

Speaking of which here are two clips of me getting stuck behind a mobile chicane in two seperate races, I just couldn't make anything good happen on the mediums in the first stints. My only real success in this race comes by going with @Groundfish strategy and starting on the softs. This really does let you capitalize on the small mistakes of the medium runners at the start and if you can manage the tires you can easily get 8 laps out of the softs and not risk pitting back into midfield or back of the pack traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back