"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
PS_App_20210621_050226.jpeg

I finally got my first win, I botched the previous race when I punted JoeDaSnow, finished that one last, went back in , qualified in 4th, and by the chicanes in 3rd lap I was in first and stayed.

I am very sorry for the punt Joe...

Last night, I had won at race A using a Porsche 997 rather than a 993. It marked my 160th win in Sport Mode. Tonight, I had won at race B using a Volkswagen Beetle Gr. 3. It also marked my first daily race win at Spa and my 161st win in Sport Mode.

my first post, after reading everything here for months already.
I guess I am by far, the worst performer on the dailies, compared to any other participant in this chat here. D S .
Anyway, i just wanted you to know, that on race C , the Lexus from 2008 is better than the motul gtr 2016 or any other. I couldn't believe it myself. just took it to quali and race for fun. I had TCS 2 and BB 0. I never saw anyone else use this car, so I just wanted to help. would be a little bit funny, to take it to an A or A+ race and suprise all the Nissan drivers. the lex is fast, corner's super, even if the spreadsheet says less power (hp) more weight.
I use the other Lexus and honestly at our level it's fine, use what works best for you. The top guys on the other hand make the most out of virtually every car so the ones on the top 10 board are generally the best cars.

On to this weeks races and tried A and what a borefest, even for a single brake point circuit this is bad. Did OK started 11th and came 9th and it seemed fairly clean, but it was more a procession than a race.
B is looking best for me this week as I don't like/can't drive Catalunya, but not keen on FF races...so I'll start on the Atenza and try out a Jag or something later. Yeah 8 FFs, 4 4WD, 2 MR and 2 FR cars. OK race went 8th to 7th would have been better if it was clean but what you gonna do?

Last night, I had won at race A using a Porsche 997 rather than a 993. It marked my 160th win in Sport Mode. Tonight, I had won at race B using a Volkswagen Beetle Gr. 3. It also marked my first daily race win at Spa and my 161st win in Sport Mode.
Dude, good on you for the wins, but I just don't get you. A great number of wins, but SR that seems to average in the 60's. I don't understand that. Is it just a case of win at any cost? PM me if you like, but I would like to understand this.

EVO and WRX seem to be the cars to have like last time at this circuit. First race in and the 4WDs are being kind. The FFs are stil fast though. I'll do a few more before heading to Barcelona.
1624267757909.png

1624267794460.png

Edit: Next one, had to avoid the VW that finished 6th, as it moved over in the braking zone, start of Lap 2. I just sat at the Senna esses until everyone went by. Moved up two spots due to a WRX serving a big penalty and an M4 did the same as me, at the entry to T1.
Going again. Set a 37.549. Should put me ahead of a couple cars that been in these past two races.
1624268787958.png

1624268810209.png

Edit2: The two VWs ran wide at different parts of the track. I passed one at the exit of the final corner through to T1. The other Vw went wide at the infield tight-hander. Mustang hanging in there until the super fast players get in.
1624269863293.png

1624269883654.png

Edit3: Okay. Done with Race B. Stuck it out and got the win(of course it's not my "first" win). Happier about FL. P1 was collecting those wins until it went wide at the infield. Got a penalty. Brought it home.
On to Race C, in Marc Cars Mustang.
1624271012403.png

1624271035560.png

Edit4: Done for the night. No qualy. Ran RM to LAp 6. Made up spots from those that pit Lap 5. A Beetle pit lap 1 for RS.
Mustang is such a fast and stable car.👍
1624272968936.png

1624273002973.png

Last edited:
Went out hooning in race A for a bit tonight. Little mixed bag. Some accidents due to the different ideas about taking turn 1, but only 1 malicious filthy driver. Several people were actively seeking to destroy them every race by my last one.

Unfortunately that race involved me seeing that the wall braking trick for turn 1 is active and being used. A serial too qualifier was using it every single lap in the race. Oh well.

Decided to race again after a brief hiatus. Gone for Race C a couple times. Had a nice 5th place finish with the 911 after 4 quali laps despite a nudge to the hairpin, which I am quite happy about. Whereas 2nd race in the AMG, I struggled a bit with the stiffness of the car and got a few too many corner cuts and finished 10th out of 20th. At least I am competitive among my peers, which is fine by me.

I went for 5 and 5 laps for softs and medium, though I have a feeling 4 and 6 could be better. If you can hold the soft runners in the 2nd stint while running mediums, by lap 4 you have better pace I feel, or perhaps because the degradation is lower so is easier to keep pace as the car handling is more consistent. Saw a few 5th lap wipe outs on the softs.

But is lower level B rating players, so mileage may vary for the better drivers.

Dude, good on you for the wins, but I just don't get you. A great number of wins, but SR that seems to average in the 60's. I don't understand that. Is it just a case of win at any cost? PM me if you like, but I would like to understand this.
He won't engage with anyone in this thread at all. All you get is update after update; previously we got videos too, showing some atrocious driving manners (explaining the SR chart), again with zero engagement with anyone in the thread, which just made it seem like he was trying to promote his YouTube channel.

No idea what the end-game is for this particular pattern of behaviour.

Seems that those who tried Daily Race A here have the same thinking as I do about turn 1 because I've seen some carnage.

As for the races, did a couple of Daily Race As and it was fun. Although I will say that I ended up hitting a few players in T1 because I kept overshooting it and trying to find ways to decrease the gap and I did apologize and they didn't mind it. Overall I'm glad Daily Race A uses a different track for once that isn't common.

He won't engage with anyone in this thread at all. All you get is update after update; previously we got videos too, showing some atrocious driving manners (explaining the SR chart), again with zero engagement with anyone in the thread, which just made it seem like he was trying to promote his YouTube channel.

No idea what the end-game is for this particular pattern of behaviour.
We now have a poop emoji for his posts 👍

💩

💩
Great idea about that.

I think I might start reviving my old American alt account just to see what he's up to since my American alt account happens to be in the low SR ranks since I haven't done a couple of Sport Mode races (as far as I remember I only did like 3/4 races and two of them messed up my SR rank due to dirty drivers).

Watched my Barcelona replay. The Beetle started one place ahead of me. When it pit lap 1, clean air away from everyone. First set lap time was a 1:43xxx. From there, all 1:45.xxx. By the time the leaders pit Lap4-5, the Beetle made up 10 seconds. My lap times were all over the place from 1:47-1:49 due to being in traffic and running longer to Lap 6. My FL was 1:43.999. However, again, in traffic with everyone, I was doing 1:47s. Plus, the RC F in 12th, on worn tyres, decides to fight me and run me wide. Lost time, but I got the place back with fresher tyres and a clean divebomb after the PZ.

Tyre wear for the Beetle was steady on the last two laps. The cars behind on RM, were running the same lap times as the Beetle(1:47s). They couldn't make ground on the Beetle. Meanwhile, my tyres were barely worn on the rear. The fronts were red tops compared to the Beetle's all four tyres half worn. Might try the Lap 1 for clean air.

Gonna hit up Interlagos this week, I quite like this track as the end of the back straight is a superb passing opportunity. My big issue is always the last turn, I just cannot maintain enough mid corner speed and I also scrub too much speed through the initial part of the exit as one turns at the same time.

The track lends itself a to a huge mix of cars in Group 3. You can go for power or handling or a mix, it's got great variety. Seen guys fast in Astons or R8's, depends how you drive. Expect to see a lot of RCZ's and i think the sleeper will be the Genisis.

Will try the Aston, Merc, Genisis and Lexus and see where that leaves me, maybe the shaguar too.

💩
So that's why it was added. Mystery solved.

Not sure how much racing I will do this week. In the process of moving into a flat and the PlayStation and wheel is at my parents. I will pop over for the FIA on weds. There is a lot of clutter to sort and even then there may be no place for the wheel!😱

Not done many dailies recently, but jumped on for a few at Interlagos today in the Atenza, set a good quali time (1.38:4) so was up near the front, mixed bag of results (7th, 11th, 4th, 2nd) and aside from the second race when I got swiped off by a couple of bargy boys in front had some good races.

The Atenza is super fast through the twisty bits, seems to have really good mid-corner speed. It suffers a bit on the 'straight', but as long as you get a good exit out of the last corner the FFs can't catch you before the first corner 🙂

my first post, after reading everything here for months already.
I guess I am by far, the worst performer on the dailies, compared to any other participant in this chat here. D S .
Anyway, i just wanted you to know, that on race C , the Lexus from 2008 is better than the motul gtr 2016 or any other. I couldn't believe it myself. just took it to quali and race for fun. I had TCS 2 and BB 0. I never saw anyone else use this car, so I just wanted to help. would be a little bit funny, to take it to an A or A+ race and suprise all the Nissan drivers. the lex is fast, corner's super, even if the spreadsheet says less power (hp) more weight.
I find the '08 cars are better for me as well - not sure why but the handling is easier and driving much more comfortable.

Jumped on Interlagos earlier on, quali middle of the pack, rolling start, and things started to go a little squirrelly. As the clock ran to 0, everyone bunched up, some were able to pull away, others bogged down.

Corner 1 I was 2nd, corner 4 I was shoved into a wall to 14th, yeah, thanks for that

Latest Posts

Back