"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Tried a Race B. Really good racing ruined by a dumb penalty.

sad walk GIF by ABB Formula E

Car in front obviously has some controller problem, was flashing hazards, 4 cars in front probably all made contact, ghosts across the road, quits just as me and another car go past. And I get 2 seconds for forcing that car off the road. 🤬

Started/finished 7th. -5 SR. Pretty good race otherwise.

What car is everyone using for C this week? Catalunya is another track I’ve avoided like the plague these last 2 1/2 years. I’m struggling to but it’s not as frustrating as Nurburgring GP at least!!

Last edited:
Ok. We have BB Raceway and it's super fun when you don't die.

But I want the full apocalypse experience, so that means getting in some super rare tracks:

Brand's Hatch Indy
Horse Thief Mile
Streets of Willow
Suzuka East
Northern Isle Speedway
Fisherman's Ranch

Also, I request a 20-Player Tomahawk X Race C.

Horse Thief Mile
Streets of Willow
Suzuka East
Northern Isle Speedway
Horse Thief Mile has the shortcut issue where it's possible to cut through and cross the finish line before getting reset or penalized. Unless if that has been addressed already, I don't think we'll ever see it as a Daily Race.

Streets of Willow had the same issue as HTM, but they put barriers to stop that. We had one a while back with the '92 NSX. All I can say is "what is overtaking?"

Suzuka East has been used a lot.

I wait for the day the Sambabus at Northern Isle combo shows up.

Punted a guy into eternity in the chicane on lap one today, in Race C. Not proud, and he unfortunately collected another innocent guy in front of him. But he’d hit me from behind three times in the last sector, clearly deliberately, and I was not going to have it for ten laps. FFS, people are in different tire strategies, the wear is 8x, let it play out before you lay on the chrome horn on the first lap. Or qualify better. Idiot. He deserved it.

Last edited:
Horse Thief Mile has the shortcut issue where it's possible to cut through and cross the finish line before getting reset or penalized. Unless if that has been addressed already, I don't think we'll ever see it as a Daily Race.

Streets of Willow had the same issue as HTM, but they put barriers to stop that. We had one a while back with the '92 NSX. All I can say is "what is overtaking?"

Suzuka East has been used a lot.

I wait for the day the Sambabus at Northern Isle combo shows up.
I must've missed the Suzuka East races then. So I guess I should wait a bit for it show up.

A shame then if those tracks can't be used. That's 2/3rds of Willow Springs down the drain.

That Northern Isle Idea sounds fun. If it was the Beetle it would be completely undrivable.

So to Intrrlagos. Tried the aston and the jag, best of 38.6. Decide to race and start stone motherless last, in an A room, claw my way up to 9th then make a bad call on which side to move to as two cars in front fight, I get mugged by the animals.and finish last.

Pull out thr VW and as much as I hate to say it, this is my best car in thr game. It doesn't drive like the other FF cars, if you modulate the brakes and the steering you can carry really good mid corner speed and modulate the gas for an early exit. I manage a 37.5 which was not perfect but felt really strong. GT BLADE is busted so cannot tell where that puts me exactly.

I lost some 3000 Dr points in rave 1 so down to DRB I go, after 21 days fighting A and A+ drivers I am back with the savages.

Promptly won the first race and was punted in the next but still 3rd.

So it seems this track is particularly conducive to the side swipe pass, guys are just shoving it up the inside at EVERY turn and get by with no penalty, then his 5 mates follow and you're left there like 4th man in on a game of whack a mole.

Had a few days off GTS aside from a couple hours on Saturday doing the Manu race - which was probably a waste of 2 hours in all honesty! What's the racing like this week? Worth using my main account or jumping onto the alt for some carefree DR loss?

Hey! I resemble that remark!
Ha! Man it was like someone flicked a switch, I think it is weird now because pretty much everyone is SR-S so all the animals are in S but just not on 99 so as soon as you drop from 99 to say 92, holy smokes it goes crazy.

Ha! Man it was like someone flicked a switch, I think it is weird now because pretty much everyone is SR-S so all the animals are in S but just not on 99 so as soon as you drop from 99 to say 92, holy smokes it goes crazy.
I know what you mean. Dropped to 81 SR Sunday night @ Spa when somebody in front of me lost it and I plowed into them and my first couple of races @ Interlagos have been a crazy mixed bag of DR (A/B/D) & SR S. Will be nice to get back to B/S (99) and get back to normal racing. I will say the 2-3 races I did were fine, nothing dirty, but such a wide range of DR makes it interesting.

Last edited:
I definitely notice the difference now once off 99. 99 ain't perfect but below that guys are creating an inside when there is no line, just barging through, you lose momentum then get mugged, it's utter bedlam.

Less downforce, no turbo-lag
ah, that's something I never took into account, but now that you mentioned it, i remember how "smooth" the accelerating was, compared to the autech gtr'16. the latter was ruining my whole nervous system, in fear of losing the control when going out the curves full throttle.
I think , gran turismo awarded us for driving a smooth line through combinations, since the first game. even though it subjectively feels faster going full speed in, break hard (face pressed to windscreen), turn , full throttle (face whabbling left and right side of the skull).

This is good.
Race A: Final lap. Final turn. This idiot ends up in the wall, then tries to put me into the wall, for no good reason.

After the race, I tell him "Dumb move. I will hit you every time I see you".
His response is "What did I do", then he said "fu".

Not sure about anyone else's tolerance level, but this went past mine. 👿
Before the next race started, I antagonized him a bit more, telling him "Buckle up! ;-)".
As expected, he was too dumb to realize he was being baited. 🤣
I kept lifting off the throttle so he could bash me.
He got himself enough penalties, that he was out of the top split group. 😁

Last edited:
I'm curious as to how much bearing, if any, your qualify time has to do with matchmaking? Is it all rank based or are there instances in which your quali time affects the matchmaking?

I'm curious as to how much bearing, if any, your qualify time has to do with matchmaking? Is it all rank based or are there instances in which your quali time affects the matchmaking?
None
SR rating is the first thing.
Then, the DR rating, within that SR range is factored in.
I go to the top split group every time, without qualifying, because I am SR 99, and DR A.

None
SR rating is the first thing.
Then, the DR rating, within that SR range is factored in.
I go to the top split group every time, without qualifying, because I am SR 99, and DR A.
Ah, yes, that makes sense. I thought it might be used in cases where servers are having a hard time finding players but then again, I've been put in a race with much higher rating so it does make sense that it's SR, then DR.

I absolutely hate this track (Catalunya). I spent over a half hour doing qualifying laps and mustered a 44.6 with the Porsche. I was on pace to hit low 44's a few times but messed up the chicane every single time. Frustrating.

I gotta watch sports now but I fear what tomorrow is going to be like when I actually race. All those weight and tire wear variables are definitely gonna throw me off.

It looks like Interlagos is going to join the list of tracks I can't manage to drive a clean line at. Everything past turn 10 I can't seem to get right. It's like it's too technical for my skills and I can't get my hands to do what my brain knows what it needs to do. I'll keep doing more hot laps to see if I can get some clean lines. I did hit my K-score time so far, but I can't take my erratic lines into a real race. I did a 35.994 at BB Raceway, and I think that's pretty good for me at least. I'll jump in some races there tomorrow.

Starting to finally get a feel for Catalunya. Down to the low :44's now. I've been on pace to get into the mid :43's a few times but I mess something up. Usually, I can get within 2 second of the fastest times. With the fastest times being like a 1:41.1 or something crazy like that, I'm not sure if I'll get there with this track unless I put in a couple hours of hot-lapping. Have only been on my Euro alt (B/S), and my qually time is putting me mid pack if I'm lucky. I can work my way up to a podium if I don't bin it, or someone punts me. Was far as the quality of the racing, it's been a mixed bag. Not as dirty as NGP a couple weeks ago, a little cleaner than last week.....still a lot of dummies out there tho.

This race reminds me a lot of a Brands Hatch race. As long as you can keep it together, race conservatively and only get punted in the beginning of the race, you'll get a decent finish. Most my passes are coming from guys serving penalties or taking a trip to the sand box right around laps 4-5, and laps 9-10. The high tire wear is definitely coming into play with this race. I know with the Subaru, I have to really take it into account with my breaking points. I think after FIA tomorrow I'll have to load up one of the fast ghosts and see where I'm hemorrhaging time

Starting to finally get a feel for Catalunya. Down to the low :44's now. I've been on pace to get into the mid :43's a few times but I mess something up. Usually, I can get within 2 second of the fastest times. With the fastest times being like a 1:41.1 or something crazy like that, I'm not sure if I'll get there with this track unless I put in a couple hours of hot-lapping. Have only been on my Euro alt (B/S), and my qually time is putting me mid pack if I'm lucky. I can work my way up to a podium if I don't bin it, or someone punts me. Was far as the quality of the racing, it's been a mixed bag. Not as dirty as NGP a couple weeks ago, a little cleaner than last week.....still a lot of dummies out there tho.

This race reminds me a lot of a Brands Hatch race. As long as you can keep it together, race conservatively and only get punted in the beginning of the race, you'll get a decent finish. Most my passes are coming from guys serving penalties or taking a trip to the sand box right around laps 4-5, and laps 9-10. The high tire wear is definitely coming into play with this race. I know with the Subaru, I have to really take it into account with my breaking points. I think after FIA tomorrow I'll have to load up one of the fast ghosts and see where I'm hemorrhaging time
You answered all the unasked questions from my last post. Not looking too good for me but I was expecting a challenge this week. I'll have a bunch of battle scars by the end of the week. But I do believe I can hit low 44s tomorrow.

I have bad memories at this track. I once went first to last on the final chicane of a Race B.

Btw, NGP the other week was, in my experience, the cleanest racing I've experienced in this game.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back