"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 19, 2020.

1. fisheye

fisheye

I was actually thinking of an alt account to join the UK races. Is it cleaner over there?

Pigems likes this.
  2. El_Beardo

El_Beardo Premium

Yes. Also no.

Depends when you race, really.

Far more competitive than NA, though.

barak181, Pigems, ASH32 and 2 others like this.
  3. sturk0167

sturk0167

From the videos I've seen, it looks about the same.
    I've had an Asian account for a while, and it seems a bit cleaner to me.
    Also, before starting a foreign alt account, consider your geographic location. I went with Asia, because I'm on the west coast of US.
    I usually have about the same connection as the Aussies and Kiwis.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020 at 6:52 PM
  4. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

been meaning to ask this, any way to know what tyre folks start on?

dlshearon, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  5. NoStopN

NoStopN

I got mine out of a Cracker Jack box. :lol:

[​IMG]

6. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

You can see from the symbols if you go into warm up but I don't think there is any way to see everybodies.

7. Jason885

Jason885

A mate is having problems with starting race C on hards how do you start race C on hard tyres?

dlshearon and Redneckchef like this.
  8. 05XR8

05XR8

Jump into Free Practice and we'll, practice, doing laps on RH. Get the feel for less grip. When your mate starts the race, take it easy until tyre come up to temperature.

dlshearon, GT8598, Jason885 and 2 others like this.
  9. Jason885

Jason885

Think I should have said in a better way, the car keeps starting with mediums on and no matter what he does with trying to put hards on it starts him on mediums

dlshearon, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  10. DarkSideNet

DarkSideNet

Before entering the Warm-up, hit the Wrench icon to change the tires. Then enter warm up.

11. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Other thing, if they are having trouble selecting them then go into settings during the warm up and change the tires to hard. But you have to change front tires first or it won't let you change the rears. And yeah, then take it slowing and steady through your first couple of turns.

dlshearon, KosmoKazi, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  12. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

First time I've seen this one in sport mode. Somebody with an iffy connection can not see any other cars on their screen, everybody else can see them but their car is rock solid. It looks like dirty driving but (aside from entering the race with a 1 bar connection) they're doing nothing wrong, it does mean I got rammed out of wins by the same car 2 races in a row though...

(The 2nd was much worse, driven through and spun down to 4th with half a lap left...)

dlshearon, tttao, ASH32 and 6 others like this.
  13. suprajef

suprajef Premium

If you're bored, thank you zeta

14. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

ahhh i'll try that. Kind of annoying in race C cos' I don't know if I should be taking a defensive line or just letting guys pass early. If they on Hards they can go, i'll catch them, but I have to slow the Medium guys down a bit or they scooch off into the distance.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  15. sturk0167

sturk0167

I feel like there may be an advantage for controller users when it comes to recovering from potential crashes.
    From the limited time I used a wheel, I think there would have been no way I stayed on the track here.
    The driver ahead forced me to brake sooner than I was used to.

Can anyone with a lot of wheel and controller experience confirm or deny this?
    After races, I always get people saying, wow great save, and I'm thinking; What? That was no big deal.
    I guess I can turn my wheels from lock to lock very quickly, but are controller drivers really advantaged in those situations?

KosmoKazi, ASH32, Dairyworker and 4 others like this.
  16. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Sure I’ve seen this in a thread somewhere. Be interesting to see his replay. He must be able to see you somewhat as he defends down the hill.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  17. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

After the race he said that he couldn't see any other car, I think that move was just a coincidence. The race after he wasn't following me for the tow. We've had it a few times in the DRWF lobbies but sport mode is usually more reliable.

dlshearon, ASH32, Redneckchef and 2 others like this.
  18. sturk0167

sturk0167

Someone jacked my livery design.

19. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

You have the answers yourself.
    • Don't rage quit - lose even more SR.
    • Use the C race that awards lots of SR.
    • Finally, be willing to let others pass, including the eejits.
    The last one takes discipline. Once, I was rewarded with a 2nd place when 9 drivers in front of me just fell off the track one way or another. That is a possible outcome in an SR.C/D recovery session where the kids are just "goin' at it!" Not likely to happen in an SR.S session.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020 at 9:42 PM
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

I'll call it my overtakes of the year, so far.

Started P5/Finished P5. Hit the COD after getting hit at Seaside hairpin. Pitted for RM a lap after everyone. FL.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020 at 9:52 PM
  21. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

a friend of mine told me he had the same issue, he was driving alone all race , I didn’t believe him at first so he sent me some videos and screenshots ,

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020 at 9:59 PM
    Kermit_2142 and Pigems like this.
  22. O604

O604

I think so too. It's controller + reaction time. A driver still needs the reflexes and skill (like Max or Sven). But with the controller you can save a turn with a thumb. To equal that on a wheel you'd have to lock position countering the wheel counter spin. By the time you and the wheel components figure out what's going on, it's over.

My 1st win at Bathurst was on Christmas 2018. Started pole, heard crashing behind me the whole time but couldn't see anyone. Won by 8 seconds +. The crashing was constant start to end. But no cars. A Christmas Nightmare Miracle. :D

23. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Yes, yes I did, sucks that the stream stopped as soon as I got on track. Finished 2nd though

sturk0167, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  24. Fruffy91

Fruffy91

Just moved from D class to C class on daily race C started 12th finished 5th not bad id say you can tell though how much quicker the racing is had me sweating all the way round.

25. ASH32

ASH32

Yes I've seen this once in the early(ish) days, normally a clean driver ended up smashing me into the wall at Interlagos and kept turning in on me if I was inside him. After the race he said he thought he was all alone, as on his screen everyone had stopped on the grid. Then in the next race his car was stalled on the grid all race, yet after the race he was the winner, as again he was actually racing all alone. :lol:

26. meekrab

meekrab

I mean that specific incident didn't look all that bad, but yes it was significantly easier to countersteer and catch slides on the controller. The tradeoff is I have a lot less slides to catch with the more detailed control the wheel gives.

27. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Attempt number 2, although I am a b

RacingGrandpa, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  28. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

I just felt in general there was far less understeer with a wheel and the trade off is the controller is way more stable.

Through esses (lake maggiorie, seaside) using the wheel was a relation. So much more turn in it was hilarious. But way easier to lose it on the gas on a kerb.

sturk0167, KiepeYai and Pigems like this.
  29. Winnie847

Winnie847 Premium

if you release the steering input on a controller, it automatically goes to center. try releasing the wheel when you're mid spin...good luck.

KosmoKazi, ASH32, Dairyworker and 3 others like this.
  30. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Same for driving down a straight away, let go of the wheel and it will eventually speed wobble and crash, let go with a pad and it would just keep holding the wheel straight for you.

Wheels have WAY more throttle/brake control though. Also better fine steering control I would think. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020 at 11:25 PM