"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Deadpool, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Vhonskream

Vhonskream Premium

Just remember that you're the professional...Like Liam Neeson ;) L&R

2. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

The GR 2 cars are considerably more enjoyable at TCS 2 than at TCS 0.

[​IMG]

larrybr07n, Pigems, ToddSalad and 3 others like this.
  3. NoStopN

NoStopN

I had some wild driving while trying to win a race yesterday. Some of you might need a laugh, so here you go. :lol:

watto79, Pigems, Deadpool and 4 others like this.
  4. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

“VICTORY IS MINE”
    That’s what just came out (loudly) after winning an A race just now! Score one for the good guys!
    Five clean in a row, it finally paid off!
    I narrowly escaped death when I slipped by first place on the penultimate lap and the kart behind sideswiped the previous leader wide right approaching the laps final hairpin. He went spinning in the grass full brake careening towards the apex unghosted and missed me by a millimeter as I cried no joy and dove towards the hard deck with a MIG on my six.
    I’d love to say my supreme skill got me this win, but lap one the four karts leading tangled and in that moment I just drove straight through them.
    The final lap I’d love to say I stretched a gap but it was more like I got banged around like a pinball and somehow being in their way they shoved me to the lead...
    Frankly my dears, I don’t care!!!
    It just goes to show the sun even shines on a dogs rear, sometimes.

5. sturk0167

sturk0167

We never seem to do the same races anymore. I hope we can meet up at the back of race B, at some point, this week. :tup:
    I'm pretty lousy with the karts. :lol:

Pigems, dlshearon, ToddSalad and 2 others like this.
  6. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

What do you mean crazy driving, that looks like pretty standard fare for Suzuka. Cant say I have pulled that crash out of 180R though, I seem to prefer the tire slip to massive donuts maneuver. Wish I saved some good clips on mine but apart from being slow and some fairly uneventful bumping where I came out worse off I don't have anything good.

Pigems, ToddSalad and Groundfish like this.
  7. CurbHog

CurbHog

That’s what she said ...

8. MIE1992

MIE1992

I think I’d feel more at peace regarding GT Sport if they didn’t have the trophies and in-game achievements for total wins, poles, and consecutive clean races. I think I’m influenced too much by them - the pressure they exert on me is admittedly my own fabrication. I do feel like given my stats, I do better in FIA races, as I’d say my ratio of wins and poles to total races is better when you just look at FIA races.

But I wish there were other tournaments, too, with other motifs, like they do in the Pokemon games. Whatever.

Do you people seriously find it fun never being able to get those trophies for wins/poles? That you keep losing and coming in places that aren’t first, unless you exploit the system? I sometimes don’t get why people play competitive videogames at all, where there’s any sort of ranked matchmaking system or whatever. Life is competitive and stressful as it is, (with or without the impact of Covid-19) I don’t know if I need that cut-throat attitude invading my hobbies, too. Sometimes it makes me snap and I just wannt start breaking things, even if I never actually follow-through.

It’s not even like I’m ever gonna be paid for being good at GTS, and I’ll never be at a World Tour event as a competitor, so why bother? I don’t live and breathe GT. I got other games I wanna play and other hobbies. I got basic stuff that I haven’t figured out yet. I don’t have the time or patience to become one of the best players of Gran Turismo in the world, FOR FREE. Or become the best at any video game, for that matter. There’s always gonna be someone better than me, so I give up. It’s not like somebody’s paying me to practice and rise through the ranks. It’s all for nothing. I’d say competitive videogames, speaking from personal experience, are a true waste of time, or at least they might be for me. I just get angry that I lose a bunch of times in a row and never seemingly see any self-improvement pay off.

Maybe I just need some time to cool off and do something else until I feel better, yeah. Or maybe I’m viewing it all wrong - that I keep trying to escape my depression via videogames, and I shouldn’t be playing competitively until I feel more content with my life. Right now, I don’t feel in control, even before Covid shut things down. I feel like success is largely just luck and circumstance beyond anybody’s control, so there’s no point in working hard, because it doesn’t work. And I suppose that viewpoint that I want to run from is what leads me to get angry when I lose in competitive videogames. Because it feels like a reminder that I’m not in control and never will be. So I think I get tempted to ruin races and break things as a way to compensate for this perceived lack of control, even if I never actually do lose self-control and ruin races or break things.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 5:09 AM
  9. Vhonskream

Vhonskream Premium

Aliens!

Pigems likes this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

My short answer is, I race to watch the replays. It's the same when I first saw the GT1 demo playing in the window of the game shop, on Fordham Road in The Bronx.

The bad races, I don't watch, but I keep playing to save those good races and look back on how the car moves, the attitude, the compression of the suspension, the kerb hoping.
    GT Sport have some awesome time of day conditions. Headlights on in an early morning and dusk setting, are my favorites. Sport Mode races are a hit and miss depending on the amount of jumpyness experienced in my races. Still, it'll always be the enjoyment of watching replays, as to the main reason why I race.

11. cosme

cosme

I love the thrill of the race which I get in Sports Mode. Racing with AI just isn't the same.
    When you are fighting neck and neck with someone as good as you. When someone ahead of you suddenly makes a mistake on the last corner 300 metres away from the finish line. When you are so concentrated that even a small thing in the background might brake that concentration and make you do stupid things on the track.
    I don't always do daily races, sometimes track/car combos are not my cup of tea, sometimes I don't have enough time to master a track to be happy with my grid position, and sometimes I got tired of the pressure after a few races in a row.
    I like to get some trophies myself, but they should not dictate which things are fun and which are not for you.

12. 250Cal

250Cal

Again, do something else.

crusselz, MIE1992, watto79 and 2 others like this.
  13. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Definitely take a break if it is getting too much or frustrating. I have times where it seems crap but I will push for a bit to get good races even if I am just mid pack. I also vent and vege going for other games and hobbies if I feel it getting too serious. Hell, stupid junk like Goat Simulator, lego games or turbo chase horizon is great for turning off the brain and truly escaping. I dunno, working on a puzzle and a sci-fi book to vege off the racing too.

14. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

What does rank matter if you have fun racing? If your only point of playing is getting trophies in a video game then why play?
    If you’re not worlds best you can’t have fun racing others near your level?
    If you don’t enjoy racing then why play?
    3 things
    1. If you believe there’s no point in hard work then you’ll never feel satisfied or get a sense of accomplishment. No one ever got something who had nothing to start without working hard.
    2. Go outside. Take a long walk if you are able.
    3. You are not alone. Many people get depressed. It’s not the end of the world and you can do stuff about it and you may not always feel hopeless if you do number 1. That could be something as simple as getting up from bed. Watch that Bill Murray What about Bob movie. Baby steps. You are not alone there’s many resources out there and people to help.
    Your situation can change. Don’t lose hope, and take action no matter how small. One small action is worth a million words. I wish you the best, and I know you have the ability to take some small action that’s all I can say. :)

crusselz, dlshearon, MIE1992 and 9 others like this.
  15. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Ruh Roh Raggy. Looks like @Groundfish is heading for a psychotic break ......again :scared:.

Bubba Zanetti has it on good authority this @05XR8 is not as he seems. Full of treachery. Sent......by the Bronze. Bronze, take our pride.....

16. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

he just made the list ;)

17. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

How has Daily Race B been treating you all? I'm thinking of doing a couple races there this week.

18. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

I run laps to get the daily mileage but I don't plan on racing there tbh. I pretty much avoid race a and b all together. But it seems to have a good amount of cars which are competitive, although if this was race c the trophy would **** all over everything.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 10:07 AM
    dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  19. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Been running the Cayman and having a good time, clean racing mostly.

dlshearon, Mistah_MCA and Pigems like this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Dude, you’ve been going on about these trophies for a long ass time now, just tank your stats and get the trophies already, it’s not that hard. Then you can rebuild the stats with trophies in tact and never have to think about it again. :tup:

Edit: I meant this in the nicest way possible, I’m not trying to pick at you here. Sorry if it came across that way.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 3:07 PM
  21. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Well, not everything revolves around money which you appear to be fixated on. A lot of people do this for their love, passion and enjoyment of the game.

MikeV27, crusselz, dlshearon and 4 others like this.
  22. Vhonskream

Vhonskream Premium

"there’s no point in working hard, because it doesn’t work. And I suppose that viewpoint that I want to run from is what leads me to get angry when I lose in competitive videogames."

This is what makes iracing, And probably real racing such a niche and very unique sport. For example, Most sports requiring team effort have that inbuilt support system to where everyone works in tandem to achieve victory. I speak for myself when I say at this point, My greatest opponent is myself, Although I am in competition with other drivers; I am competing first with myself to constantly improve.
    *Back to my original point. Racing is unique and of its own because it makes us angry and keeps us hungry by its very nature.

23. koshmare

koshmare

What Brake Balance should I use in time trial for Daily Race B on Megane Trophy '11? :rolleyes:

Pigems likes this.
  24. Pigems

Pigems Premium

-1 to +1 on the Megane from what I remember is usually pretty good. :tup:

25. Highlandor

Highlandor

Race C is more savage than a WWF wrestler named Randy....

Just watched a reply of some Norwegian dude have an absolute meltdown in my last race, they started on pole with top SR of 99 reduced down to 37 after just one race...

Proper job :tup: :idea: :tup:

26. sturk0167

sturk0167

I only did 3 races there yesterday. I like the combo.
    For me, Gr.4 seems like just the right kind of car for that track.
    The segmented turn is tricky as ever. It always seems like you should be able to take it faster than you actually can. :boggled:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 5:43 PM
  27. NJT4567

NJT4567

what an asshole move

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020 at 3:55 PM
  28. 250Cal

250Cal

I don't think that's picking. If you want the trophies then earn them or game the game to get them.

At least there's an easier route to get them. We're not talking about an Olympic Gold here.

If the game adversely affects your mood then stop playing it and find something else to do. If being good at something is the only thing that matters then try lots of different things until you find one you're good at and then do it as much as possible.

Groundfish and Pigems like this.
  29. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Wouldn’t be my first time...

D1B22AED-83C1-45F2-88CD-224B952A2CB7.jpeg

Then after the descent into madness, the realization that I’ll be on sr recovery mode for the rest of the week or more can result in becoming catatonic.

@sturk0167 the bass will be swimming from the back on b, lemme know when.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 4:26 PM
    dlshearon and Pigems like this.