"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Next week's dailies:

Race A: N200 @ Maggiore West II | 4 laps | SM
Race B: Gr.3 @ Monza | 4 laps | RM
Race C: GR.1 @ SAINTCROIX C (yes really) 7 laps RS/RM Tyres x7 Fuel x3
Yes, I think I will do one more Race b at Interlagos and then Race C Custom Races until Monday. Group C Nissan, with a Ford prototype livery, should suffice. See y'all later.

Here's my last race. Good stuff

Edit: Whoops. Half the grid left(or got booted) the room. I decided to leave as well(especially with P7 behind me. No thanks.).
aint nobody got time for that GIF
haha
1624527425360.png

Yes, I think I will do one more Race b at Interlagos and then Race C Custom Races until Monday. Group C Nissan, with a Ford prototype livery, should suffice. See y'all later.

Here's my last race. Good stuff

Edit: Whoops. Half the grid left(or got booted) the room. I decided to leave as well(especially with P7 behind me. No thanks.).
aint nobody got time for that GIF
haha
View attachment 1062262

7 laps at fuel X3 could be needing a splash. Do you think the GR C is competitive or just fun?

7 laps at fuel X3 could be needing a splash. Do you think the GR C is competitive or just fun?
Always fun. Always.

Okay, PD. Change the races, I'm ready.
1624530218570.png

Edit: Started from P15. Won't need fuel(only the McLaren VGT pit with 125 lap 6). The RS can go all race. It'll probably be one lap on the RM. Pit early or late. Might be a chance for the VGTs and the Peugeot diesel to have a crack. We'll see.
1624531932517.png

1624532126232.png

Last edited:
PS_App_20210624_051729.jpeg

I've been really enjoying driving the VW VGT lately. The handling on it is just sublime. Apparently it's a MR, but it doesn't feel like one. Feels a lot more balanced and composed compared to - say - the Audi R8.

Also, I've just managed to win a race at Catalunya after 24+ hours of being awake/no sleep. I somehow cut half a second off my original quali lap and got fastest lap during the race.

Though, pretty much on the verge of passing out each corner, so it's time to sleep.

Last edited:
Yeah,

Catalunya is a dirty joke. I entered twice. The first race was fine, I was away from others the whole race and finished second in the m6.
The second race had more A plus S.
It was garbage.
I was punted off lap one at the chicane to tenth.
In the next laps every car I overtook immediately tried to punt or pit maneuver. I’m on alt in dailies always but these players are a waste of time.
They just ram and quit even at literally the best lobby in the Western Hemisphere. It’s a joke with the lack of sr down.

PATHETIC. None of them were even successful in anything except wasting my time preventing me from getting all the way back to the jerk who ruined my race lap one at the chicane.

Im done even on alt until or if the penalty system returns.

Even on an alt I don’t care about at Catalunya it’s just no fun. The incompetent people at A plus and A are incapable of overtaking at Catalunya do instead of racing they simply ram to try to get by.

it’s not fun. There’s almost no penalties given and the result is garbage. I’m done. I’d rather race AI in a better game. I fail to see how other games can require you to give back positions when you ram to pass and GTS doesn’t.
I can’t take it anymore.

Last edited:
I went for Race A this morning. Had to use another USB port due to a disconnect yesterday, port works for other things, the wheel is scared of it now I guess.

Started 6th. Finished 4th. Good racing.

Been good all week. Except for the disconnect, which ironically happened when a bunch of cars crashed in front of me and I was about to get my best result. Typical.

Yeah,

Catalunya is a dirty joke. I entered twice. The first race was fine, I was away from others the whole race and finished second in the m6.
The second race had more A plus S.
It was garbage.
I was punted off lap one at the chicane to tenth.
In the next laps every car I overtook immediately tried to punt or pit maneuver. I’m on alt in dailies always but these players are a waste of time.
They just ram and quit even at literally the best lobby in the Western Hemisphere. It’s a joke with the lack of sr down.

PATHETIC. None of them were even successful in anything except wasting my time preventing me from getting all the way back to the jerk who ruined my race lap one at the chicane.

Im done even on alt until or if the penalty system returns.

Even on an alt I don’t care about at Catalunya it’s just no fun. The incompetent people at A plus and A are incapable of overtaking at Catalunya do instead of racing they simply ram to try to get by.

it’s not fun. There’s almost no penalties given and the result is garbage. I’m done. I’d rather race AI in a better game. I fail to see how other games can require you to give back positions when you ram to pass and GTS doesn’t.
I can’t take it anymore.
I'm here to make quilts and kick ass. And I'm all out of quilts.

Always fun. Always.

Okay, PD. Change the races, I'm ready.
View attachment 1062263

Edit: Started from P15. Won't need fuel(only the McLaren VGT pit with 125 lap 6). The RS can go all race. It'll probably be one lap on the RM. Pit early or late. Might be a chance for the VGTs and the Peugeot diesel to have a crack. We'll see.
View attachment 1062267
View attachment 1062268

I never do gr.1 races (too fast for me), but I might follow suit with the Nissan. I can actually somewhat handle that car. This race sounds fun

Gee the groupings are tough. My qualy lap is faster than 70% of A drivers and 50% of A+ drivers, my DR is 32K so barely an A driver yet I am constantly qualifying bottom 5.

Harsh given the time I put up.

I never do gr.1 races (too fast for me), but I might follow suit with the Nissan. I can actually somewhat handle that car. This race sounds fun
I feel the same about GR.1 cars. I might try a couple races myself just because I enjoy the track. The Nissan works for you? I was thinking a few different cars but starting with the Peugeot.

I am going to give it a try. St Croix C is new for me... I did one of the reverse St Croix tracks and it was fun for everyone due to the new-ness/uniqueness.

With a test run it feels like a good combo. The track is fast with flowing corners, two straights and no hairpins - perfect for the fast Gr 1 cars. It is long... feels like about 20 corners (3 minutes) so there is a lot to commit to memory.

Almost no one has run this combo according to https://gtsport.r1s3.net/laprecords/63/15

My personal first pick is the Audi R18 '16. The Mazda LM55 is also a fav. And I am definitely going to try the Mazda 787B '91 screamer.

Last edited:
I'm only going with the Nissan for the V8 rumble. I use the 787B 99.99999% of GR.1 races.

Maybe the SRT and non-hybrid cars will have a chance. Haven't tried anything else.

Ok. I've had it with wall riders in race A. Had them in all my races tonight, and it just leads to punting. Got rear ended into the wall twice the first race due to wall riders being right on my bumper and assuming everyone is manipulating the game that way. Second race the guy uses it to do a wild cut inside and runs me off on the wall. I couldn't make up the difference of his wall riding, but kept it close enough to be respectable. Third race same guy rear ends me 2 laps in a row heading into turn 1 but screws his exit up bad enough that he cant pass. Gets mad when I get tired of the banging and take the inside line and run him into the wall for a change.

Running something like that to get a qualifying time is your own choice. I dont want it, but the wild braking differences it creates make it a total hazard in the race. Still mostly good races though. A couple laps of rubbish dont make up for some good sweat nose to tail action

Edit: he tried not wall riding in this next race and had very little pace. Prove you can drive the thing
In the four "A" races I've run I personally have not seen any wall riders, I qualified with a high 35 and gets me at a starting position of 3-5, best I've finished is 2nd

3 more races tonight. First 2 races result in consecutive P7 finishes. Nothing interesting happens, everyone is within .5 seconds with each other on the grid, so it was close racing with minimal mistakes from all. Race 3 starts off ok, then then everything falls apart for me. Lap 4, I enter turn 1 a bit too hot and the 2 drivers in front of me start to tangle and one hits the wall and the other goes towards the bottom of the turn. So, because of all of this I hit the driver who hit the wall and get a 2 second penalty. Now, I get why I got it; I just wish I didn’t. Would I have gotten it if I didn’t enter the turn too hot? Perhaps, but my trajectory still was right where the other driver was. Then in my effort to catch up I smack the turn 1 wall and my race is effectively over and I finish P10. Everyone seemed over aggressive in the last race with shoving and drivers sticking their noses on rear quarter panels and squeezing by to pass. I might jump in again tomorrow against my better judgement.

I also think I’ll stick to Race B next week. I enjoy Monza and usually have good results there. I used the Vantage the last time this combo appeared and I’m driving around the Vantage again as that’s my go to Gr.3 car. Just need to beat my old qualifying time and I should be good to go.

If you are edgy about group 1 then the fake Mazda is the way to go. AWD so no need for TC, very stable and great top end. Ita the only group 1 car I can drive in anger, all the others feel weird to me.

My week is done, held stead on DR against some serious competition, so many A+ guys in my rooms tonight and they just don't make mistakes. That's the difference, I am within a second of their qualy time but they can lap so close to their qualy pace without errors, I can't.

I’m leaving GTS for however long it takes to wait for it to sound fun to race again…

edit in my final race I was able to wipeout every. single. player. who ruined my previous race.
I am a GTS champ. I’m going out on top…

Watching your one race on Kie's live stream, on Race C, you did yourself no favours at all. It was embarrassing to watch your performance!!!

I don't know why Race B punishes me for every decision I make. Chose the Jag, got greeted by rammers. Gets rammed at T4, gifted a second penalty for cutting the corner. I lost 3,529 DR from both Race A and B but, I could at least appreciate Race A for being fun.

Now I'm excited for Race C next week. Nice straight roads with the suitable cars for the task.

Watching your one race on Kie's live stream, on Race C, you did yourself no favours at all. It was embarrassing to watch your performance!!!

Every one who got taken out deserved every bit of it for what they did to me in the race prior to that.
If you look closely I bet you can see my comments before the race began.
I wasn’t happy with them.

That said-I just shouldn’t play at all if I’m going to just get angry and revenge. So I stopped playing.
I’ve realized this. I might play again, one day, but not today, not next week…not me babe!
I can’t get over it when people ram me off track and show no remorse like they did in the race prior.
The prior race I was in 3rd end of lap 1 when I was shoved into being reset entering the chicane and reset to 11th.
I began a comeback and was quite motivated to catch the perpetrator.
I was overtaking guys and they kept going after me after getting passed which kept causing me to lose time, as I posted before.
I called them out after the race, before this race, they knew what they did.
Like that one guy feigned ignorance in the chat HA! Right buddy! He knew what he did before.
These guys were in the top split but tbh it was a weak, dirty room.
I couldn’t control my rage, true.
After last weeks great racing in the upper tier of top split where people race clean 90 percent of time, this c race circus was intolerable.
So, I notice this…on NA…
Often at B DR S SR there’s some nice clean racing, but in A theres a large group of players who are very rough.
If you can’t get to the front of the fields you face these players.
If you are racing at a low use time as I was yesterday you face these lower tier people.
I personally won’t accept their BS cheating. I will fight them every single time. I won’t be bullied in a dadgum video game okay? I play for fun. When it gets like yesterday it’s no longer fun so no more.
I guess a lot of players can get rammed, and let it go. Not me babe, That’s why I won’t play right now. Not me babe.

Last edited:
Back