"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 9, 2020.

1. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

The Suzuka love continues. 4 CRB streak, 5k DR bump since Monday and some of the closest, cleanest racing I've ever done. To those who I am racing :cheers: I never want this combo to end.

On the downside, there is an absolute peanut from the land of the rising sun who I have now reported in the last 4 consecutive races we've been in. His/her idea of a good time is driving around at the back of the race and hitting every brake board, sign and cone on the track and, where he/she can, interfering with everyone else's race in whatever way possible. (e.g. at Bathurst at night a couple of months ago he/she just kicked up dust around the bottom to make it impossible to see anything.) Honestly, PD should ban anyone whose only purpose is to ruin other people's races.

2. PhlebMike

PhlebMike

Call me dumb, but what is CRB?

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  3. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Clean Race Bonus.

4. pennanton

pennanton

Well definitely not the most intelligent thing I've come cross on this game.

elston87, Carrera1963, tttao and 22 others like this.
  5. NoStopN

NoStopN

That's normal for Autopolis, GT Sport, Gr. 4, daily races......

I hope you thanked him/her for the hard earned victory. :lol:

6. pennanton

pennanton

Unfortunately they left before I could let them know all about it.

Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  7. ASH32

ASH32

I know it's early (mostly) over there but what's with all the idiots in the American region today. I haven't even got through half of lap1 yet without a takedown and I'm starting with no qualy. :ouch: Then all race long they're pushing, punting and trying everything to keep me behind.:yuck:

:gtplanet::cheers:

8. barak181

barak181

This is my non-racist reply to that question...

Little_Guppy and Pigems like this.
  9. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

This is our racing philosophy. :lol:

10. fisheye

fisheye

NASCAR fans that haven't had a beer yet.
    download.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020 at 4:27 PM
  11. barak181

barak181

I generally don't define what most NASCAR fans drink as beer. :crazy::yuck:

12. Groundfish

Groundfish

GD RIII!!!!

Good morning friends,

My GTS disc survived the evening. I entered c race on a no qual 3 times. I encountered one problematic individual that wanted to swerve block me before 130r then tried to run me off after I captured his inside approaching the chicane.
    I was forced to deploy countermeasures in the subsequent races. However overall it seems my luck may be changing.
    Today the guy on pole in B race somehow lost it at turn 2 (no tcs) and as he flew off ghosted the second place received 4 seconds! BAHAHA so funny when it’s not yourself. I drove to victory easily. I also entered several more with a couple victories on b all CRB so things are nice.
    I’m trying to rank my alt upward a little because there’s a man I’m looking for...

13. fisheye

fisheye

I did a Race A to see what all the excitement was and got targeted by a Canadian. He ended up somewhere near last place and I finished 3rd with a CRB. I let 2 NASCAR fans take 1&2. They started 1&2 with me right behind, bumping each other fighting for 1st and wound up getting stuck in the penalty zone while I passed them up. Then they both cleaned up their act to catch up to me. I pulled over and let them pass to continue their NASCAR race, still bumping each other.
    Time for my medications...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020 at 6:39 PM
  14. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Man I get murdered exiting the hairpin (early in the lap) and through the esses at Maggiorie, it is dead set embarrassing. I am usually 3rd through 6th on my list of about a dozen friends, with a 57.8 I am stone motherless last.

charmcharmchu and Pigems like this.
  15. ASH32

ASH32

This is how one of my races in the Americas started earlier. :lol:

And it didn't get any cleaner.

The problem Brazilian was a DR D rated driver so was allowed to do what they like it seemed. :banghead:

Then the same driver pulled the fake start next race but luckily I avoided the cars.:crazy: They got a 4 second penalty for that rubbish. :tup:

It's madness at times this combo but still mostly fun.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020 at 5:38 PM
    Redrufnsor, Qyn, Dairyworker and 4 others like this.
  16. Groundfish

Groundfish

In light of recent events in game, I will be switching a few liveries, effective immediately. Please take necessary precautions.

17. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Honestly race C is doing my head in right now. I really enjoy a lot of it but for some reason I have totally lost my consistency. And if I have a race where I am not doing any real serious screwups it seems like I get punted. 2 last night before FIA, punted through the casio chicane entrance, penalty for track cut. Pushed off at the hairpin exit (because I screwed up entry) and I get 2 seconds for forcing another car off.

Today the first race I got lag punted while fighting for p2 into degner 1. I was going to lose the spot eventually, but they had only just caught me and boom, they have a massive spike in the braking zone. Still kept p3 anyway. Next race I screw up at the hairpin and lose 10 seconds doing donuts to get back on track:ouch: only to get stuck behind a regularly dirty driver who had ruined 3 people's races already and proceeded to swerve block and brake check me until the end. But doing it in places where I couldn't punt them and they got a gap before the punty areas.

People need some help mentally. At least I just need consistency help. It's a shame I'm struggling so.much to finish a race as I actually love the combo, just dont appear to be any good at it. :indiff:

Dairyworker, suprajef, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  18. meekrab

meekrab

Catch other driver over the course of a lap. Get a good exit from Spoon. ( :confused: not sure how I did this, will research. ) Have a run going into 130R. Pull to the inside. Get immediately blocked. :rolleyes: Shrug it off and defend from the car behind into Casio. Watch the blocker forget how to drive and run completely wide in T1 and ragequit. :cool:

Some things money can't buy. :cheers:

19. NoStopN

NoStopN

Only took me one to know that beer doesn't satisfy taste buds. And liquor gets you drunk quicker.

Just got out of my second daily race B since my 2 week hiatus. First race, kept spinning trying to avoid contact, finished DFL. DR down, SR up. Second race was worth the price of admission. Started 8th, got all the way to 3rd. Messed up a corner & a BMW got next to me. Ran with him for 2 whole laps cleanly & wound up 4th. DR up, SR up.

Third race, holy hell was it dirty. No major harm to my SR. A couple of ghosts & a payback or 2 were in order though. :mischievous:

Finally got the vids done & posted. First one was in the last race. This is one of those textbook examples of why you should not get too riled up over a penalty.

Second one is that good race I had in the second daily.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 3:40 AM
  20. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Clean Race Bonus

Pigems and PhlebMike like this.
  21. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Turkey eve boredom

O604, Dairyworker, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  22. ASH32

ASH32

A couple of races from yesterday in the EMEA region.

Lucky this wasn't real life with the big smash. Unlucky that it isn't when the penalty system got me at the end. :lol:
    Lots of other action too, some good and some bad, typical GtSport when racing from the back.

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  23. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

That's it. I like the Suzuka combo, but it hates my guts. Time for something else. 3 races tonight, blatantly punted off in all 3. In at least 3 of the times I was punted or pushed off there was no penalty. I've had it. Had the all time moses maneuver of my career tonight destroyed when I got punted off at degner 1 after climbing my way to p3. Punter got 3 seconds, but barely dropped back at all. Actually got dived off there last lap of the same race, which ended up with me rage punting the guy back.

So time.to do something that doesn't make me such a grump and switch it up for a night or two. Cheers to you guys having good racing there, I have had it there before. But it just isn't my week for it this week.

Waiting for next weeks combos now.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:57 AM
  24. 24HuresdeLoL

24HuresdeLoL

Mazda Touring car+Suzuka + Grid Start=Hell yes!

25. ASH32

ASH32

This just happened in a Race C I was in. :banghead:

This driver finished with a blue S after spending much of the race pushing other cars (there was a lot of chaos in this race, cars in the pit wall, etc), they bump passed me earlier in the race and were forceful with just about anyone. They'd also already overtaken this Dutch driver but went off at Casio all by themselves. Then I've no idea what they expected with that move at T1 and the rest was just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Full (with speed up) Race here.

Just look at the amount of cars I pass because of contact with other cars. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:10 AM
    Qyn, Timm Sheehan, dlshearon and 4 others like this.
  26. bone_tone

bone_tone

Yes, I've met that guy!

Also noticed that rammers at the hairpin get no penalty, hence it is now their favourite ramming spot!

Qyn, dlshearon, Pigems and 1 other person like this.
  27. GT5Power

GT5Power

upload_2020-11-26_15-30-2.png

There we go, rank 1 :gtpflag:

Qyn, Pigems, Dave_H_87 and 7 others like this.
  28. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

The fastest lap in Americas at Maggiorrie is a thing of beauty. It looks slow but the clock does not lie.

Qyn, Pigems, dlshearon and 2 others like this.
  29. Groundfish

Groundfish

Just to pour salt on your Maggiore wounds but also offer a suggestion...Maybe try the secret weapon...Coffee and qual today yielded an easy 55.9 with optimal at 55.4.
    This car is very quick. The replays shared.
    Tcs3 bb0.

EC1CC356-136F-4CF4-9C36-98C65B784D1D.jpeg

Make no mistake the GTI has racing heritage...Its not gonna be slow in GTS...Things got tremendous acceleration...

Edit @sturk0167

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Uhh about A race, I put the Megane back on top of the qual board again. .6 yo!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 4:07 PM
    Dairyworker, Qyn, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  30. Vegard

Vegard

I take back what I said on Monday, race C is great fun:

I still think it'd be even better with less ballast but oh well.

dlshearon, Dairyworker, ASH32 and 4 others like this.