"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Race A must be the most used combo of 2021. The car is fun to drive but another track would be nice.

Went for Race C from the back this morning. 3 races, 3 FL and 1 win with F-Type. Needless to say a lot of the fast guys are on GT7.

For those who remember the Monty Python "Spanish Inquisition" sketch.
"Where's everybody gone?"
With all the complaining about GT7 maybe their heads exploded?? Not sure, feels like a good time for a dance number, tho...😁
the_inquisition.gif

Hey all, the final Livery Editor Comp for Sport is nearly at an end, in its final day for votes. We've not had many voters and theres currently a 3-way tie for first, so I'm here to ask if you wouldn't mind having a look through the entries and casting a couple of votes for the designs you like the best.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ditor-competition-81-fake-brands-open.405565/

Thanks in advance guys!
Done! Looks like it's a three-way for third place now...wait, that doesn't sound right...:cheers:

I've been enjoying Mount Panorama today. Dirty in the back, good racing in the front.

You notice the change though, a lot more mixed rooms. The top split room only has one or maybe two A+ drivers and goes down to low DR.B. The ones in the back are no holds dirty, defending 11th place to the death, blocking every pass attempt until they crash themselves. Yet get past it to the front (still not qualifying as usual) and there is plenty clean racing, side by side anywhere on the track without trouble.

Corvette is a favorite yet I haven't seen a single one make room. At most 5 Corvettes in a race, the rest all drive what they want. It's more relaxed racing now the fight for DR seems to have died down. But got to defend 11th place at all costs. It's double 1st after all :lol:

Today, after I cleared the bottom half, the racing was really good. Had a nice fight for first after the pit stop. On Med I pitted lap 4 hoping to close the gap with the first two not too far away. They were also on Med and pitted a lap after. They came out of the pit right in fron of me. The fight was on for the rest of the race but I couldn't get pass them.

Also had to take out a guy at the beginning of the race, once I caught him he blocks me in the braking zone 2 times and brake check me on the long straight. That was it, in the last corner i gently push him off in the grass and never heard of him after. I'm really patient with bad behavior because I know they end up crashing themselves or someone else in front of me but that brake check was too much.

Play stupid game, win stupid prize

The 'Ring is, hands-down, my most favorite track EVER...except the GP layout. I suck SOOOOOO bad here. By the time I pick-up a decent pace this race will have passed me by, I am quite sure. Having fun at Mt. Panorama but, again, struggling to get within my 'normal' times.

I think last weeks oval obsession may have caused long-term damage...😁

Race C, the track feels so narrow, because of the boundaries on the sides at nearly half the track. I manage a complete clean take over only when the one ahead of me is making a mistake.
My favourite car here is the Lexus. There's no time difference worth mentioning to the Corvette,f-type, vantage, so it's just personal preference. which is nice. . I couldn't afford a daughter, so I called my car Alexus.
Did some of you already warm up to gt7? or does it still give the impression that they focused on the wrong features?

I receive uncommonly often nice personal feedback at the chat after the race. -"good race, -keeping up with a Mustang was impressive driving of you, -sorry for the push , etc." and let me tell you, that feels sooo much better than 100 likes for a photo I posted on Instagram.

Last edited:
Kudosprime is showing this weeks dailies continuing unchanged next week.

I wonder if this relates to either the odd save message when you boot GTS up or/and continuing GT7 problems?
Are you able to see your target times for this weeks races in 'Prime? I wanted to see what they think my target times should be for this weeks tracks and I'm getting nothing...thought it was a precursor to GTS' final days.

Bathurst is brilliant with the group 3 cars, there is no clear Meta so there is great variety, i was in the AMG with it's bonkers exits (key at bathurst) battling it up with Corvettes, astons and even a lexus. Menu system is easy on the eye, the racing was good, no settings or tunes to worry about..... bliss. Good times.
I might make a return visit.. always loved the mountain. And I think a Mustang is needed in the line up

Plenty of good races on the Mountain once I qualified. Not so much from the back. Grid is from DR.A to DR.D early in the day and those C-D drivers dont't like to get pass. Got tired of it and put a QT for the next day.

In one race, I got spin at Forrest's elbow on lap 1. Follow the guy in the distance and every time he is getting close to the car in front they end up in the wall. After the race, I call him out by saying if he counted the number of cars he put in the wall on his way to P2 finish.
Next race he got bump at Griffins bend hit the wall and cut back straight onto me and spin me. Two laps later, I catch up again and the exact same situation except this time I had time to move my car a bit and hit him (unavoidable) in the rear tire and spin him. He left.

Later, while I was watching the replay of these 2 races, I realize he is not the guy who spun me lap 1 at Forrest's elbow, the cars hiting the wall all by themselves he did nothing wrong and it was the normal "bounce back" after hitting the wall that got me at Griffins bend. Looking at his inputs after he hit the wall and he was not trying to block the way.

I sent him a private message to apologize even thought he his agressive in his way to progress trough the field.

TL;DR Don't be short tempered for every little contact and always give the benefit of doubt to the other player.

I had a very good experience yesterday in Race B, first time I've been able to race all week due to other things demanding my time. Starting from the back, no qualy, P15 out of 15. I don't think the order changed for the whole 3 laps except P14 went a little wide on the last lap and I got past him. A little later he caught up and bumped me off, but I was able to get back on. It must have been accidental, because as we rounded the last turn on to the straight, he pulled off to the side and let me go by. A true gentleman! I wish I had caught his name, but I didn't. However, finishing 14 lost me around 2000 points, so back to D/S.

I just did the one race on Mount Panorama today. Stark difference with yesterday where it was half A+/S half A/S with GT7 being down. Today was back to one A+/S, some A/S and mostly B/S. The race was a lot cleaner as well, no nose stickers, no pushing on the straights, just one weaver. Of course the pack was much more spread out, but much nicer without the nose stickers.

Great race, some nice passes and a bit of back and forth, climbed to 7th or so from the back. Then decided to go cycle, the weather was to nice today to keep racing. Now I'm setting up a 3 hour endurance with 8x time compression and lots of rain on N24. GT7 is back on, and that's about the only thing that's good about it currently... Not gonna join the slow reduced grind to be able to afford a GR.3 car to race with...

I haven't checked yet, and can't for a while...any assistance y'all can lend a junkie is appreciated...

So, are there no more daily races at all? Or will it be the same daily races until the bits stop flowing in/out of the servers? In other words, has the final bell on new GTS Dailies been rung?

In other news...I've discovered, accepted and welcomed the fact that I am, on my best days, a strong 'B' driver. Seems my rise to 'A' on the oval was artificial, at best. Oh well, lookin' like ongoing honing of skillz will be in the GT7 sphere. Might prompt me to finally get a wheel. :cheers:

I tried one race C this morning, saw @Mc_Yavel doing great!

It started all right until Skyline, in traffic through the esses and the car behind me stick a nose on my inside and pit manoevers me in the dipper. Then I accuse the wrong person at the end of the race as he happened to be behind me on the leader board when I spun. I should have guessed it was the Brazilian in the room, the only one with a red S. Anyway, the person I accused didn't leave straight away, so I had time to apologize (quickly checked the footage to see I was wrong)

Anyway, same races again as last week. It's kinda played out imo, might as well get some credits in GT7. Every bit helps :/ 18 million for the Porsche 910 I will never get before it leaves the legend car dealer again, but might as well start saving up for when the next GR.C car comes around.

It seems PD is hell bent on ending GT Sport, same races, saves still don't work, player base dwindling
1647870014383.png

That little blip is when GT7 was down, graph goes until Saturday.

@Sven Jurgens yeah, it's going pretty well since I qualified. Many podiums couple of wins and almost all top 5.

The Jag is good on the mountain, a bit less on the straight. Tried the AM for two days but couldn't match my time in the Jag.

Edit: Room just crashed

Last edited:
It seems PD is hell bent on ending GT Sport, same races, saves still don't work, player base dwindling
Yeah, it's clear especially with saving down and no sign of it returning. PD are probably progressing GT Sport's end in stages. I predict no daily races and only regular lobbies by next month then servers eventually pulled. Sadly it's how businesses operate, they want you pushed and invested into their next new thing. I'll play until the end, it's still the more accessible way to race online without needing to think of a million ways to tune my car.

Yeah, it's clear especially with saving down and no sign of it returning. PD are probably progressing GT Sport's end in stages. I predict no daily races and only regular lobbies by next month then servers eventually pulled. Sadly it's how businesses operate, they want you pushed and invested into their next new thing. I'll play until the end, it's still the more accessible way to race online without needing to think of a million ways to tune my car.
All 3 races have BoP this week in GT7, still inferior to GT Sport though. The interface is so clunky and it makes you wait 90 seconds for race B to finish, waiting for disconnects that will never finish.

It also remains to be seen how GT7's BoP is balanced. So far I'm 3 sec off the pace with the Lexus at race B which has less HP than in GT Sport with GT7 BoP. It wasn't competitive on Interlagos in GT Sport either, but I can't afford another GR.3 car :/

Can't say im thrilled with the same dailies. Gonna have to break down and get gt7. A ps5 is NOT in the budget, though.. Anyone playing GT7 with the PS4? Or will i be herded onto the short bus, and not allowed to play with the big boys...

Back