"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
The races are the same for a month now? After a while of Race A (usually what I'm best at) in GT7 not counting for DR or SR I have considered going back to Sport. I might be good enough to gain DR in the N200 race depending on what the car is. Will DR gained in Sport now still carry over to 7? If it doesn't I might still run at some point on my alt account.
Not sure what they're doing with the races at this stage. The last couple batches were left up for a month and that was reflected on KudosPrime. Now it looks like these might only run through to 9/7 but, really, that could also be the end of new dailies and the official shutdown of GTS.

As to the Dr points, I doubt they will transfer over. I think they did an import of drivers shortly before release date and that's the last time (I believe) that any kind of stats will transfer between the two platforms. The N200 race is running the Miata Roadster, fwiw.

:cheers:

Good day, all!

Anyone been logged in yet this morn'? I've not, but it appears races may have changed as there were no more events available for the current (as of yesterday :D) races in 'Prime. This is what's currently in the <Events> section:
View attachment 1187976
The other weird thing I noticed is that these only appear to run through 9/7 -vs- the entire month. I wonder if they are going back to more frequent race changes -OR- is this the end? :cheers:
It looks strange to me, hope it's not the end. But if it is I guess i'll have to move on to gt7 permanently. Idk this game will be 5 years old in October. I guess I better enjoy these races then, well looks like I won't be getting the platinum trophy now, man I was incredibly close though! If I had joined in 2019-2020, maybe!

Last edited:
Not sure what they're doing with the races at this stage. The last couple batches were left up for a month and that was reflected on KudosPrime. Now it looks like these might only run through to 9/7 but, really, that could also be the end of new dailies and the official shutdown of GTS.

As to the Dr points, I doubt they will transfer over. I think they did an import of drivers shortly before release date and that's the last time (I believe) that any kind of stats will transfer between the two platforms. The N200 race is running the Miata Roadster, fwiw.

:cheers:
It was listed to 9/8 yesterday, 9/9 today. It's just the limit how far the KP web page lists the times. It's been monthly since GT7 came out with the exception of Sardegna race C which was up for two months. (The times got reset, the race stayed the same)

DR points don't transfer anymore, at least not if you're playing both. (Maybe they still do if you haven't started GT7 yet)

It's interesting to see SR is much harder to hang onto in GT Sport. I was down to SR.B last night after a couple races having wrecked no one... It takes a lot more to go down in GT7.

It was listed to 9/8 yesterday, 9/9 today. It's just the limit how far the KP web page lists the times. It's been monthly since GT7 came out with the exception of Sardegna race C which was up for two months. (The times got reset, the race stayed the same)

DR points don't transfer anymore, at least not if you're playing both. (Maybe they still do if you haven't started GT7 yet)

It's interesting to see SR is much harder to hang onto in GT Sport. I was down to SR.B last night after a couple races having wrecked no one... It takes a lot more to go down in GT7.
Oh good, so they aren't closing the servers out yet. Phew. How do the aliens get a time of 0.43'000 at the Kyoto Miyabi track. I try to brake as light as possible for a turn/corner, and I try to let go of the gas too by stepping off the break. It is easy to run into the barrier at the end before the finish line if the driver goes to fast. It's a tough time to beat IMO.

After almost three weeks on vacation where I completely got off the grid, I had a pleasant surprise opening GTS this morning. But I kinda forget I would be rusty.

Step in a car I don't know to well and went to the Nurb. Didn't take long before I realize I'm better be cruising than fighting. @Sven Jurgens, that's why I park the car after missing a corner. Went off a couple of places, the M6 is a beast and hard to tame. Not an easy car after 3 weeks off.

Next race was better in the Jag that feel way easier to drive. Both my race from the back I could gain position but both of them had spins and grass mowing.

After almost three weeks on vacation where I completely got off the grid, I had a pleasant surprise opening GTS this morning. But I kinda forget I would be rusty.

Step in a car I don't know to well and went to the Nurb. Didn't take long before I realize I'm better be cruising than fighting. @Sven Jurgens, that's why I park the car after missing a corner. Went off a couple of places, the M6 is a beast and hard to tame. Not an easy car after 3 weeks off.

Next race was better in the Jag that feel way easier to drive. Both my race from the back I could gain position but both of them had spins and grass mowing.
I've been having fun practicing in the Jag and the Mustang. Even with the GP bit tacked on the front, this is my favorite course. Ever. That said, it's a complete PITA to get a clean lap in. There's always a wheel off here or there, or that one section that just doesn't go well, and I think that's what I love about this course. It goes from multiple lanes wide to what seems like barley paved goat paths and you get to do it all in one lap...flippin' amazing. The moniker of "Green Hell" is terrifying yet oddly endearing at the same time. Above all else, though, it's accurate.

Now, if I can nail-down a decent qualifier so I'm not starting at the back, I'll be happy. If it was ANY other course, I wouldn't mind. But with only two-laps on a notoriously single-file track, I'm gonna need all the help I can muster.:D

See y'all in the woods! :cheers:

EDIT: Also, WELCOME BACK!

Last edited:
@Mc_Yavel Great to see you again and lucky coincidence. It was the first race this week I did in the morning. I've been racing at night, however last night GT Sport only gave me network errors so had to get my fix this morning :)

@mellofello9 The more confident you get with the track, the wider it gets. You can pass anywhere, but you need 2 skilled drivers to pull of any passes in the narrow twisty bits.

I had an incredible race against matos_bryan this morning. He was in the McLaren BMW I was on his bumper for 1.5 laps. That BMW doesn't leave much space, accelerates fast and has higher top speed than the Lexus. No matter how I time it, I can't get past or even far enough alongside on the straight to contest the position. I did get by him at the start of the middle straight thanks to much better brakes, out brake on the inside on hug the inside. (Don't attempt with unskilled drivers). But of course that didn't last long as his higher top speed made it easy for him to pass me again on the middle straight.

He finished first, I was 0.169 sec behind, which was pretty much the distance we drove at most of the race. It's awesome when you're completely in sync with the driver in front and it seems the two cars are connected all the way. He was too good at defending (all fair) to get alongside so my faster speed through the twisty sections was of little use, and he didn't flinch one bit from the pressure and me feigning moves. Maybe no rear mirror :lol: Awesome race.

I've had some great races C on NA servers (I keep getting disconnected in EMEA, I don't know why). No need to say that most of them featured @Sven Jurgens right in front of me (and then behind me and then in front of me again :)). It's brilliant to race with someone who knows this track like the back of their hand and knows exactly when to do what. I don't care if I finish dead last if I had a great race. Unfortunately I had somehow dropped from SR 99 and the next race was utter mayhem and a showcase of stupidity, which sent me even more down the SR ladder (currently at 57). I'm gonna have to kick back and relax for a couple of races now to get back to 99.

I had an incredible race against matos_bryan
Hmm, that's interesting. I bet it was because he finished in front of you. I've only caught up with him once (lap 2 on the final straight). I always try to time my overtakes here to the end of the straight, so they can't take the position back. And he swerved right in front of me just as I was about to pass. And that is blocking in my book. So then I "accidentaly" missed the braking point at Tiergarten. DUH. 😁

@Mc_Yavel Great to see you again and lucky coincidence. It was the first race this week I did in the morning. I've been racing at night, however last night GT Sport only gave me network errors so had to get my fix this morning :)

@mellofello9 The more confident you get with the track, the wider it gets. You can pass anywhere, but you need 2 skilled drivers to pull of any passes in the narrow twisty bits.

I had an incredible race against matos_bryan this morning. He was in the McLaren BMW I was on his bumper for 1.5 laps. That BMW doesn't leave much space, accelerates fast and has higher top speed than the Lexus. No matter how I time it, I can't get past or even far enough alongside on the straight to contest the position. I did get by him at the start of the middle straight thanks to much better brakes, out brake on the inside on hug the inside. (Don't attempt with unskilled drivers). But of course that didn't last long as his higher top speed made it easy for him to pass me again on the middle straight.

He finished first, I was 0.169 sec behind, which was pretty much the distance we drove at most of the race. It's awesome when you're completely in sync with the driver in front and it seems the two cars are connected all the way. He was too good at defending (all fair) to get alongside so my faster speed through the twisty sections was of little use, and he didn't flinch one bit from the pressure and me feigning moves. Maybe no rear mirror :lol: Awesome race.
Hey, I forgot to ask you, what is your PSN id so I can find you. Maybe in the future us and some friends can do some lobbies? For gt7 as well.

Hmm, that's interesting. I bet it was because he finished in front of you. I've only caught up with him once (lap 2 on the final straight). I always try to time my overtakes here to the end of the straight, so they can't take the position back. And he swerved right in front of me just as I was about to pass. And that is blocking in my book. So then I "accidentaly" missed the braking point at Tiergarten. DUH. 😁
You are correct. I raced him again last night, same thing as before. First lap I simply draft bumped him on the straight and followed him for the entire second lap. Then timed my pass on the final straight and he swerved in front of me at the last second. I let it go as the Lexus doesn't really stand a chance against the McLaren BMW on the straight (Can hardly keep up in slip stream, I would have maybe got my nose beside his bumper at the downhill part) but you are right, he is a bit of a dirty blocker. I got the FL anyway, we finished 2nd and 3rd. At least he's not a slow blocker as we still did 8:18 laps.

The game marked me with a + last night. I guess I have to start dirty blocking and push lower DR off the track now not to tarnish the reputation of A+ drivers :lol:

Hey, I forgot to ask you, what is your PSN id so I can find you. Maybe in the future us and some friends can do some lobbies? For gt7 as well.
It's SvennoJ (as it says on my avatar). I'm always driving this around the ring
SpiritedAwayLexus.png

What's your PSN?

Difficult start for the N24 stint. Racing from the back is always hard but I make alot of mistake too. Not really any clean lap yet, always a spin or something. Can barely get my second lap under 8:30. My best one was 8:24 and I know I can do better.

Now that I have drop to SR. A, it's even harder to race against slower DR people. Gonna have to quali to stop the bleeding.

Edit:
quali of 8:17 / pole for 15h30
Punted in turn 1 and back of the field. Good news, I could climb back and still win it. Bad news, SR stays the same.

Last edited:
You are correct. I raced him again last night, same thing as before. First lap I simply draft bumped him on the straight and followed him for the entire second lap. Then timed my pass on the final straight and he swerved in front of me at the last second. I let it go as the Lexus doesn't really stand a chance against the McLaren BMW on the straight (Can hardly keep up in slip stream, I would have maybe got my nose beside his bumper at the downhill part) but you are right, he is a bit of a dirty blocker. I got the FL anyway, we finished 2nd and 3rd. At least he's not a slow blocker as we still did 8:18 laps.

The game marked me with a + last night. I guess I have to start dirty blocking and push lower DR off the track now not to tarnish the reputation of A+ drivers :lol:

It's SvennoJ (as it says on my avatar). I'm always driving this around the ring
View attachment 1190315
What's your PSN?
rising_glass1, have you seen all my replays, you can find them by typing my username in the search query.

Doh, note to self, avoid 11:30 PM EST race. Matchmaking dragged in the worst :/ Brake checks, dirty blockers, push into the grass, swerving all over the place, braking on the apex. Since I'm A+ now it's all on me so from 99 to 70 SR in one race. Some things never change. Blocking is not racing! A lot of people don't realize that all that hard blocking is only costing them time, the gap to the next car keeps growing while the cars behind catch up. And eventually they all end up in the grass, block till you drop :banghead:

Oh well, the rest of the evening was great, just got to quit earlier before matchmaking runs out of competent drivers :) Tomorrow can go two ways, get back out of SR A quick or DR reset if caught in the chaos...

Last edited:
It's literally impossible to race from the back and gain SR at the same time. All it takes is one diving idiot and the entire race has been for nothing. And there are plenty of those in lower SR lobbies. The difference in speed in those lobbies is staggering too. One race I tried to stay at the back to gain SR. I was just cruising dead last AT HALF THROTTLE and I was still catching up with a lot of people really quickly. How the hell is that even possible? No need to say that they all tried to race me really hard when I caught up with them (even though I had gained several seconds on them within just a few corners) and contact was made (because those players have absolutely no idea how to race - whose fault is that I wonder). Finished red. Entire race for nothing. :lol: Yep, the higher DR takes all the blame every effing time. Had a couple of races with @Mc_Yavel. Just a piece of advice if I may. I've noticed that you brake quite late. Remember, this track is all about exit speed so try to brake earlier and focus on going on the throttle as early as possible. Also sometimes just lifting off is enough through some of the corners (e.g. Flugplatz, Metzgesfeld, Mutkurve, ...). Try it, you will gain loads of time, you'll see. But now I see that you've given in and qualified. That time will (from what I've seen) definitely put you in the front most of the time but you're gonna have to survive T1 first and that's not going to be easy with all those idiots behind you. :lol: Good luck and maybe we'll meet again today. Or maybe I'll try EMEA today but the last time I tried I got disconnected twice in three races. That's an hour spent just waiting and I don't have that on work days. :banghead:

I hope I haven't been getting in peoples way but holy crap it's been a blast out there. Was racing from 2 - 5:00 PM EDT y'day and managed to (sorta) keep it together for a couple races. Wasn't able to nail-down a win but was happy with a couple podiums and a couple top 10's. Qualifier is good enough to keep me in the P1 - 5 range to start (8:16.xxx) so I'm spared the pain of working through back markers. I just don't have the talent for that.

I've seen some really, really fast folks out there running from the back...blows my mind. Best 2nd lap I've been able to muster thus far has been in the 20's so much respect goes out to them. I've also had a couple races thrown off by dive-bombers super early in the race...like, before tires are even lukewarm, but this is a course I just enjoy running, idiots be damned. Yeah, super frustrating but, it's still a race at the 'Ring, there's certainly worse ways to waste time. :D

See y'all out there and feel free to honk if I'm being stupid!:cheers:

Whew I made it back S navigating the messy back.

I did 3 races, first one I won with 33 second lead. The only challenger took himself out and quit. I had to dodge a lot in lap 1 but managed to squeeze by the mess unscathed with CRB. +12 SR, +74 DR lol.

Second race @Mc_Yavel was on pole. I got bumped out of the way twice in T1 and again later but managed to hold on and finish 2 seconds behind @Mc_Yavel with CRB. Great race, well done! +12 SR again to 94 and another tiny bit of DR.

Third race was dirtier again. I narrowly escaped getting taking out after Flugplatz and at the sharp corner at bottom of the hill. Then an Argentinian pushed me off on the middle straight by repeatedly ramming me when I got alongside. Lost a lot of time there, but I caught back up and 'accidentally' caused him to spin into mr barrier. That cost me the blue S, white S, still at 94. I finished third, Mc_Yavel took the win with a DR reset (B/S) not far behind. I was stuck behind another Argentinian in lap 2, luckily he was clean and I managed to get passed his F-Type on the final straight, side by side down the hill. 3rd place cost 154 DR, probably thanks to the DR reset driver.

More racing tonight when more people are on. The bad Argentinian left with a red B and there was more red in the room. I don't mind the DR and SR hits from lower DR hitting me, but this isn't really racing anymore. The player base is too small nowadays and the back in the morning is basically, tip toe behind until they take themselves out. Pass attempts are often directly met with a side swipe or a dirty last millisecond block. That is if they're not out of control swerving through the corner... Too dangerous to pass. Then I'm too far behind to catch up to the 2 competent people in the front.

Anyway, 94 SR is good for the top split this evening, which has just enough players to have a fast race from the start. Just got to stop a bit earlier. From 11 PM EST the player count starts to get too low again.

Last edited:
It's literally impossible to race from the back and gain SR at the same time. All it takes is one diving idiot and the entire race has been for nothing. And there are plenty of those in lower SR lobbies. The difference in speed in those lobbies is staggering too. One race I tried to stay at the back to gain SR. I was just cruising dead last AT HALF THROTTLE and I was still catching up with a lot of people really quickly. How the hell is that even possible? No need to say that they all tried to race me really hard when I caught up with them (even though I had gained several seconds on them within just a few corners) and contact was made (because those players have absolutely no idea how to race - whose fault is that I wonder). Finished red. Entire race for nothing. :lol: Yep, the higher DR takes all the blame every effing time. Had a couple of races with @Mc_Yavel. Just a piece of advice if I may. I've noticed that you brake quite late. Remember, this track is all about exit speed so try to brake earlier and focus on going on the throttle as early as possible. Also sometimes just lifting off is enough through some of the corners (e.g. Flugplatz, Metzgesfeld, Mutkurve, ...). Try it, you will gain loads of time, you'll see. But now I see that you've given in and qualified. That time will (from what I've seen) definitely put you in the front most of the time but you're gonna have to survive T1 first and that's not going to be easy with all those idiots behind you. :lol: Good luck and maybe we'll meet again today. Or maybe I'll try EMEA today but the last time I tried I got disconnected twice in three races. That's an hour spent just waiting and I don't have that on work days. :banghead:
Thanks Baare, I found my groove back and it's going well so I will not change lots of thing for now. But thanks for the advice, it was great sharing the track with you.

@Sven Jurgens I know the Argentinian you're talking about. He started right behind me and I already knew him so I brace myself for T1. He did divebomb me in 2nd and pole but his DR/SR were so low he ghosted. We could then escape him.

The race you finish 2nd, at the beginning of last lap I took a look at the gap: 5sec. Then I told myself I can win this but just don't ever look at the gap again. On the last straight I had a look and it was around 2-3 sec. Close race.

4 win in 4 this morning, can't believe it really. Didn't put a foot wrong in any of them. And I did not win them all from pole. 2 win came from out of top 3 start.

Let's Gooooo!

Last edited:
Yeah, my QT was almost 9 minutes. This track can be hard, the downhill section messed me up, I drove kind of fast and hit the barrier some, luckily I didn't get a penalty but it cost me a few seconds of time, I am frustrated about it.

Yeah, my QT was almost 9 minutes. This track can be hard, the downhill section messed me up, I drove kind of fast and hit the barrier some, luckily I didn't get a penalty but it cost me a few seconds of time, I am frustrated about it.
Keep practicing, but don't push too hard. Slower is definitely faster on this track. Slow down enough for the corners so you can accelerate through them. I'm always back on the gas before the apex and use throttle control to precisely aim for corner exit.

It takes a long time but eventually you'll get a feel for exactly how to enter each corner at what speed. I mostly rely on the sound of the engine to know what speed I'm at. Each corner has its own engine noise frequency for perfect entry. Tire noise tell how far you can push it through the corner (better than in GT7 I must say, and why Music Rally is such a dumb concept, can't hear the engine nor tires)

Rumble tells me when my inside tires are touching the kerb, touch the inside at the apex but don't ride up the kerb. A little shorcut may seem faster but it just bogs the car down when the front tire lifts up. This track is all about smooth corner exits.

I've been racing this track since GT4, was my go to track online in GT5 (Awesome in the Toyota Minolta 88C-V) and have done 5,170 laps around the ring in GT Sport Sport mode (Nordschleife and N24 combined) There's still room for improvement :) Last night someone from Brazil finished the race in 16:26 with 8:10 lap time 2nd lap!

Damn it's one of those nights where I think I should just qualify and be done with the idiots. Where did the race quality go. Last race had idiots fighting before the start, a car at a 90 degree angle blocking the way onto the straight. Then rammed off again later, twice and missed my braking point (safely into the dirt) while trying to stay clear of the battling cars. Sure I like overtaking, but overtaking the field 3 times is a bit much.

I wish you could switch between qualy and no qualy. If I qualy now I'm stuck with it until October :/

Next race is going to be better! Positive thinking :)

Slightly better, the same dirty driver pushed me off again into the gravel but he wisely quit when I was about to catch back up to him. Smooth sailing from there. More races, got to get at least one where I'm allowed to stay on the track :lol: Rough night.

Last edited:
The player base is too small nowadays
Exactly. Drop from 99 and there is literally every remaining SR and DR rank in the lobbies. There was even a player with SR E for several races (and they always finished red :lol:). Talking about racing standards going down the toilet. :lol: It's also notable in EMEA. I did one race yesterday evening (SR 99 at prime time). And there were only 18 of us in the lobby. Yep, the end of GTS is coming. This might be the last set of dailies before they shut down the servers. Hope not. Would love a month of Gr. 3 at Bathurst. I don't know why but the dailies in GT7 are somehow not enjoyable. I just don't feel like playing that game at all. I don't understand how can there be features missing that have been in GTS for years now. You can't even see the best lap times at the end of the race. WTF?!?! Or have they added it already? I don't know, haven't touched dailies in that game for at least a month.

Exactly. Drop from 99 and there is literally every remaining SR and DR rank in the lobbies. There was even a player with SR E for several races (and they always finished red :lol:). Talking about racing standards going down the toilet. :lol: It's also notable in EMEA. I did one race yesterday evening (SR 99 at prime time). And there were only 18 of us in the lobby. Yep, the end of GTS is coming. This might be the last set of dailies before they shut down the servers. Hope not. Would love a month of Gr. 3 at Bathurst. I don't know why but the dailies in GT7 are somehow not enjoyable. I just don't feel like playing that game at all. I don't understand how can there be features missing that have been in GTS for years now. You can't even see the best lap times at the end of the race. WTF?!?! Or have they added it already? I don't know, haven't touched dailies in that game for at least a month.
Indeed, I like going for the FL while racing from the back yet in GT7 you can't even see who you lost it to nor compare how well you did compared too the podium finishers.
I had a race with only 9 players this morning :/ First race was better populated, @Mc_Yavel was there to win the race, well done! I was gaining but didn't have my coffee yet and went an inch wide before the straight lap 1. Slipped on the grass, lost 2 positions, touched the wall and got a 1.5 sec penalty. This game likes to kick you when you're down :lol:. After serving that in the GP section I was over 12 sec behind, finished 2nd.

Second race was the 9 player race, easy win. Third race had more players again and I was a bit over 9 seconds behind at the start of lap 2, reduced it to 2 seconds at the finish, FL. Last race was with Matos, I caught up to him and figured I would finish second as he blocks on the straight. However he wobbled 2 on the mini karoussel so I got in first onto the straight. Even worse, I don't block, so he raced past in the Ford on the straight. However that thing needs to brake early and he didn't think to block the inside on the downhill. I got by Matos :)

I thanked him for a great clean race, he never said anything. I bet he'll be blocking that section of the track next time.
Great morning, and also great night. It cleared up by 11pm so I raced on until 1am. Sometimes it gets worse later on, sometimes it starts worse and gets better. Evenings are always a bit of a gamble.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a good day in Hell. Plenty of racing, clean driver and no big mistake from me. Definitively one of my best racing day ever. I know I already brag about my 4 win strike earlier but I just want to recap the day including the evening races where the field was really competitive.

So here it is:
  • 11 races
  • 4 wins
  • 7 podiums
  • 11 top 5

Couples of fastest lap too. My best second lap is 8.18. But on a good race it's more around 8.20 - 22
All races I finish equal or higher than my starting position.

Last night pole position of 8.03 from a brazilian. His first lap is 8.16, something I will never get close to on my second lap.

@Sven Jurgens Really nice overtake on Matos, balls of steel!

You should qualify, you would find your match at the front and instead of racing the whole slower field, you would race 2 - 3 fast guys in front and also keeping an eye at the car behind you. Then if you feel like racing from the back, you still can park the car at the start and let the field pass.

@Mc_Yavel I had awesome races with that Brazillian (Luiz) last week before he qualified. But he got a bit too fast for me, 8:09 second lap consistently finishing the race in 16:26. Later at night he dropped back at the start to try to catch back up to me. The field must have been pretty rough since he didn't make it both times.

Good idea about qualifying, you are right I can drop back when there are no fast people to race. And if I get punted in T1, well starting behind is my specialty, watch out lol! Plus I bet plenty people are getting tired of me passing them every race :lol: The player pool is quite small. In GT7 I was alternating between ps4 and ps5 to get a different group of people to race against. Currently in GT Sport I can tell what time it is by who is in the race :/

Last edited:
It's a mess today, not surprising with all the Sunday drivers out on the track.

Here I managed to squeeze through, yet many races before that, rammed and punted off multiple times. Passing the field 2 or 3 times per race is rather exhausting! I'm going out to cycle :) Hopefully tonight will be a bit more civilized racing!

@Mc_Yavel No idea what's going on this evening, full moon? I've never seen it this dirty in the top split. I already dropped to the lower SR S bracket twice this evening from brake checks, and racing is much cleaner there... The 99 SR split is mental this evening at the back. Pinball until the middle straight.

If I don't show up for a race, I'm either in the lower split or setting a qualifying time. Last race I got nailed so hard I was trailing in last end of lap 1 still. Reset 3 times, intentionally spun out. That Brazillian acting like he did nothing wrong was a big part of starting the pinball mess. Pushing and bumping cars into each other. Avoid.

@Mc_Yavel No idea what's going on this evening, full moon? I've never seen it this dirty in the top split. I already dropped to the lower SR S bracket twice this evening from brake checks, and racing is much cleaner there... The 99 SR split is mental this evening at the back. Pinball until the middle straight.

If I don't show up for a race, I'm either in the lower split or setting a qualifying time. Last race I got nailed so hard I was trailing in last end of lap 1 still. Reset 3 times, intentionally spun out. That Brazillian acting like he did nothing wrong was a big part of starting the pinball mess. Pushing and bumping cars into each other. Avoid.
The Brazilian you're talking about bump me in the last corner of the race to win the position. Racing was so miserable that I didn't care anymore calling him out. You already did anyway. It was a painfull evening of racing. The race you got behind me, I was in a bad mindset and I was just trying too hard to keep you at bay but it just made me slower. Still was the best race of the night.

In this one I did not help myself. Dumb dumb

But the dirtiest driver I've seen is the Columbian from last week.

@Mc_Yavel yeah I know that one, avoid at all cost. There are 2 more that are just as bad, they were in those races on Sunday evening. I'm faster than them and ignoring them, letting them take themselves out, seemed to have done the trick. They were back today (as C/C and B/B) and apparently learned their lesson that I come back regardless. Today they left me alone and chose to race instead.

But that only works if you have plenty speed on them, to deny them the satisfaction of getting/staying in front of you. Which is why I decided not to qualify. Linsen and Matos are nearly always on, or rather alternating being on. Both very unpleasant drivers. First one is straight up dirty, the other mirror blocks all the time. Not fun to race. Then there's Johny at the front sometimes who is fast but clumsy, has taken me out a couple times as well.

So it seems the clean drivers are mostly at the back :/ It's where you learn patience and how to plan for an overtake. No lack of great races today after a little shaky start. Very fast rooms this morning.

@Sven Jurgens There is a world of difference between evening and morning/day racing. I could easily avoid racing in the evening for the last 4 years but now that the player base is shrinking, day races are sometimes boring. This morning was really good though. Could follow MK-Range and put pressure while also being under pressure from behind. I have decent pace but when it comes to proper overtake on the Ring it's another story. So it is more of who's gonna make a mistake first. Big Kudos to you for your overtaking skill. Other fast driver from the back are not as good or patient as you are. :bowdown: :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back