"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by 05XR8, Jun 3, 2019.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

I love the Ferrari, but the dipper has never been kind to me with MR cars. Starting on pole in the Alfa Megane. Nothing is guaranteed in Sport Mode. Need to grab an F-Type and Vantage for the next races.

Edit: Hmmm... check back with me later on that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:07 AM
    TurboTacho, Qyn, Redsea666 and 5 others like this.
  2. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

Don't forget it's Le Mans this weekend too.

I am not quick this week at all. I really dislike Gr.2 well... I dislike the GT-R which is the only one I have, snap oversteer all the time... So Alsace just wont be competitive.

Bathurst... Well... I might just have to race and see what happens. I can't knit a hot lap together. I'll mess up The Cutting, or if I get that right I'll get the wrong entry line into The Esses, or if I get both of them right then I'll undoubtedly do something silly at The Chase.

Fuji is no fun.

So all in all, not a great week for me I don't think.

Qyn, Groundfish, sturk0167 and 4 others like this.
  3. beegentoo

beegentoo

I was at my surgeon to remove my suture and he decided to extend my sick certificate until Friday. Now I‘m stuck with a ban of most physical activities („You must not move your head too much!“) and a set of daily races I dislike. Bummer! Also no ideas for any liveries to create. I guess I‘ll take the 962 and get some practice for Saturday.

I desperately tried various cars on Bathurst but 2:17.4 is the best I can get; overall 2:18, 2:19 are my average times. I‘m quick until Skyline but lose lots of time through the dipper until forest elbow, every car I tried just won‘t move or fishtail.

Qyn, Redsea666, Sven Jurgens and 2 others like this.
  4. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

I wish Race A had Fuji's chicane. I can never (and I do mean never) get the breaking/turn in points sorted for that section of track, without the chicane.

Qyn, Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

Well, it starts. Race ruined because the other driver can't race side by side. I raced a Mustang side by side, from the cutting to Sulman Park. A Mustang behind hits it and somehow, I get 1.5 seconds. So, at the PZ on Mountain Straight, it passes me. I catch it at Skyline(from 3 seconds back mind you- TCS off on that car for sure, as the player struggles with oversteer). It messes up The Elbow. I got the run side by side. We get to The Chase. It's on my left rear quarter. We both brake. I give it room. BAM! I get hit and go off. It gets 5 seconds. 2nd to 6th for me, as the Mustang that got knocked off, passes at the line for 5th.

Just bought a Scirocco, Vantage and F-Type.

Qyn, Groundfish, Tea_Leaves and 4 others like this.
  6. Loverson

Loverson

Haven't driven in Alsace in Sport mode for so long.
    Still remember my 1st FIA race with the Gr.3 Alfa at end of 2017/beginning of 2018 and honestly enjoyed it ha.

I wished to race in C but cannot until i finish my summer work.
    Although i am not super fan of the modern Super GT and wished they could make the older versions only selectable for once. (I mean unless you're driving in SSX route, the older models are just bad lol)

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  7. Lancer_R

Lancer_R Premium

Please dont mention other peoples insane braking points. I had my inside line covered and yet they flashed constantly to get past, i moved then they walled themselfs and everyone else, 4wd lancer just cruised away without any problems. Thing is, these are high ranked dr a and ss drivers, they drive like they are a robot. Inside line covered, they should know they are not getting past . . . . . Top rank they way they block you in etc is why i refuse to leave dr b lol you do it back to them and they spin you off and drive away with no penalty :s example of this unusual behavioir is at the end of a race i got fourth, then final results said i was third place. The driver in first place appeared on the list at the rear of the pack, happened twice since the last update then where it displays dr it shows up as blank (...) and sr e LOL what is causing that? People acting like this ruin online gaming for everyone or is it a server error but either way its making dr increase.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM
    Sven Jurgens likes this.
  8. 05XR8

05XR8

Holy snaps! The Vantage did 266km/h right after the kink in the chase! Still, 1 second slower than my time in the Megane. Real real nice car though. It's been a while.

INteresting grid

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:03 AM
  9. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

Same. I saw your name then tried to type it here. I see it was different.

NosOsH and Pigems like this.
  10. Mr P

Mr P

Back in the '86 and I don't think I will be done with this one until I get a 1'59 [​IMG] Down to 2'00.102 so far but I hope to beat it tonight :tup:

GL to all running this addictive event :cheers:

11. BjoBosUndies

BjoBosUndies

Alsace | Gr. 2 NSX | 1:42.788 | DS4 & Auto

Melbourne Park, watto79 and Pigems like this.
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

When people don't slow down to let someone correct their car, they make things worse. Megane knocks me around. Then, still truies t pass. HIts me again and gets a penalty. I do an avoidance crash as this RCZ brakes mad early (that CRash player, again). The same Megane is behind me. from The Elbow, trying to out muscle a Mustang in my tow. I grab a bit of grass on exit and this damn Megane hits me and I get a 4 second penalty.
    One more race and it's 86/BR-Z time.

13. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

Please excuse me, but it sounds like your technique can likely be expanded?

1 - Remember that your car is often turning in those areas.

2 - If you lift the throttle with the steering turned, the rear of your car will move out.

3 - Firstly try lifting the throttle and feel the rear move outwards away from the apex that you are steering towards, swinging your car towards that apex.

4 - Applying throttle will stop that tail swinging out. In that first area you may not need much throttle, just modulate the steering and the brakes until leaving corner 13, that sharp corner on the left where to cut close to it now turning to the right. Throttle on there.

Summary: after backing off the throttle and moving the tail out, then apply the throttle to steady the car, accelerating now and then to go through the corner.

It's all part of learning the big bag of techniques. This technique should result in less use of your brakes as well. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    beegentoo and Pigems like this.
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

[​IMG]

PLease, PD. If you're reading this, allow us to delete our Qualifying times. Even if I have to wait for the next day to delete it, it'll help.

15. splitwindow

splitwindow

Wowwee, that gr4 Vantage is just grand!
    Sure footed as a mountain goat, playful as a kitten anytime you ask, and down Conrod it just switches to full on beast mode.
    Now I've got to hit the editor and dress it up for a run. :dopey:

TurboTacho, DelboyD, GT5Power and 6 others like this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, definitely fast without a tow. Just takes to the end of the straight to get there. ;)
    [​IMG]

TurboTacho, Pigems and splitwindow like this.
  17. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

The Vantage is fun indeed. I got the clean race bonus in that tonight and it's head and shoulders above the other 5 I tested, 1.2 sec faster lap than the Ferrari which was my previous fastest. The Vantage can zoom by cars on the way to the chase like they are driving in FM3. Just remember to brake before the 150 marker in that one :) It takes a while to stop that monster.

Redsea666, Groundfish, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  18. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

I found out what is going on with my brakes ... the brake light flashing on while racing. When I put my foot on the clutch, the brakes go on; not as lightly as the brake pedal, but if I lean a bit on the clutch pedal, the brakes are really on. That did not help IMO, but probably not much of a penalty. I'll calibrate again, and I will not calibrate the clutch, I am not going to touch the clutch pedal. Fanatec CSL hub with Porsche wheel and Clubsport V3 pedals.

Pigems likes this.
  19. splitwindow

splitwindow

Not sure what just happened, but on the last lap I caught the grass through The Dipper for a 1 sec penalty which I served down Conrod and I still got a clean race bonus lol.

TurboTacho, 05XR8, Redsea666 and 4 others like this.
  20. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

Seriously. If I'm driving uphill and I scrub some speed off, the car behind me is going to get a good run on me. Whenever that happened I would edge my car to the side of the track to try and make room to concede a clean pass. Each time I would just get rammed, DR down and an acceleration boost. I don't know how people can't read that situation properly.

21. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

The Veyron is fast as well, yet sluggish through the corners. Very stable. I got a faster lap in it than with the Vantage with clear road for a lap to actually drive without having to slow down. V8 Vantage is faster uphill I think, steers a bit better.

Ooh, Viper feels nice. Clean streak at 4 now, need another race in it to set a better time. Stuck in traffic and rammed off, the usual. The Viper was terrible in GR.3 after the update, GR.4 one still feels good.

Nope, got bumped off again and stuck behind a dirty driver. I kept my clean streak, at 5 now. Time to head out as 'clean' hour is over. 8 red ratings, 4 neutral out of 16 in that last race. The Viper has a lot more in it, mostly on the mountain which is not that helpful in a 3 lap race from the back. It keeps the cars behind out of reach anyway.

Top 3 ruled by the letter V (out of 8 cars tried)
    2:15.680 Veyron
    2:15.899 V8 Vantage
    2:16.048 Viper

The results would likely be completely different after qualifying and racing from the front.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 2:48 PM
    TurboTacho, 05XR8, Pigems and 4 others like this.
  22. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

I did one lap around it in the Xanavi and I'm all over the place, slid off and hit the wall more times than I care to count. First impression is kind of daunting especially when I consider about racing with others. It's looking like I'll need to sink time into learning the track and racing at the back. Last time I raced here was in the '89 Fairlady :lol: and it wasn't in reverse so this is a whole new ball game to me.

23. Groundfish

Groundfish

Sven
    curious to see how you do in the Lexus.
    It’s quick. It’s actually a bit eager to rotate under brakes though. Forgot to check if I am on stock bb though. I may have tweaked it before. Haven’t used it in a long time.
    Fast on the straights in balance between accel and top speed.
    If I race it’s between vette Lexus or AMG

Sven Jurgens, Pigems and Redsea666 like this.
  24. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Might give the GT-R a go tonight depending on how close I can get to my time with the Genesis.

25. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

To the people trying to pass through Skyline... you're not Jordan Cox. Knock it off.

05XR8, Sven Jurgens, YoBuck and 5 others like this.
  26. Redsea666

Redsea666

Had a great race in the Megane and a terrible race in the Vantage. It's time to finally nail The Esses with RWD- lift-off oversteer is killing me. I thought it was MR but it's all RWD. And as we all know, FF is so much less fun to drive.

That Vantage is a lot of car to stop- punted someone so hard at The Chase I wanted to write them a letter of apology in the post-race lobby. A simple "I'm sorry" had to suffice.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 3:50 PM
    Pigems likes this.
  27. golfer07840

golfer07840

No doubt it will be the US Open for me. However, if they finish at 10 PM, could jump on for an hour or so.

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  28. sturk0167

sturk0167

Ever notice how many people you find in the Discover section that are DR E? There are lots of people with hundreds of liveries and scapes photos that just don't do the Sport Mode racing, at all. I guess it's good that the game can entertain so many people who aren't interested in daily races. :tup:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 4:39 PM
  29. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

And I'm back, and sllloooowwwww.... lol not a fan of fuji tbh but am having a tough time breaking under 2.04 gonna hafta watch some replays i th8nk. Will hit some laps on the b race aftdr. Any tips? Lol

morfastmadboy, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  30. sturk0167

sturk0167

Brake before the cone for turn 1, and ignore the outside curb on the last turn. :tup:

Tea_Leaves, Pigems and Dairyworker like this.