"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 7, 2019.

1. sturk0167

sturk0167

No penalties. Do what you gotta do. :mischievous:

watto79 and Pigems like this.
  2. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

That's usually my approach to racing @Invisigoth tbf...

:lol:

The_Tullster, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  3. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Aye.

I usually don't follow ghosts, but I'll need to do that for B's Trial.

4. breeminator

breeminator

If you come up with solutions for things that everyone agrees are problems, people will definitely listen. Make nuclear fusion work, develop a cure for cancer, develop a way to halt the ageing process etc, you'll have no problem getting people to adopt your solutions. The issue with trying to solve problems in something like GTS is that so many "problems" are only problems in the eyes of a small subset of people. I often see posts where people list all their top problems they want to see addressed and I don't regard a single one of them as a problem. That's why I ended up selling my Xbox, because it became clear to me that the developers of a competing game had no intention of addressing the things I regarded as problems, and GTS is a much better fit for what I personally want from a game.

5. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Damn it's hard to get a crb at race B in the evening. Also fun those people that blame the truck not stopping in time when throwing themselves in front of it. "I wasn't blocking, just like to change lanes in the braking zone" uh huh. "I'm not driving dirty, 3 barge passes per race is clean right." They usually crash before the end of the race, often by rolling the car in front of them over there own front bumper.

Another one survived without a BS penalty, but still neutral SR from all the bumping. Try try try again.

Not the next one, down the SR ladder it goes.

Disconnected during match making now. Neutral SR!!!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019 at 2:12 AM
    The_Tullster, larrybr07n, DK and 4 others like this.
  6. Pigems

Pigems

Race A was fun, and I got to race with my buddy @Leftcurl as well. Always a pleasure Sir. :cheers:

851A28E8-525F-4BD6-A9AA-9F4113133B5C.jpeg

Edit: As fun as it is, race A is bad for the SR, back down to B already. :(
    6B673BC3-DB7E-4D30-BB5F-9034C6FC7420.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019 at 2:13 AM
  7. Granadier

Granadier

Did one Race B online.

Think I need a change of pants now.

8. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

So.... my strategy when I start on pole should be to do donuts on the start line stopping anyone from actually starting the race?

Like I said... baby seal clubbing :p.

9. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Damn you guys are like crack addicts, I love racing too but

Do you aliens even sleep :bowdown:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019 at 3:58 AM
    larrybr07n, Pigems, 6BK and 1 other person like this.
  10. EinsTheOne

EinsTheOne

11. EinsTheOne

EinsTheOne

PDs lack of transparency makes a lot of difference to us the players...

I also play a game called Rainbow Six Siege and recently the Devs of that game have tried to me be more communicative about how they go about making certain balancing decisions... That has soften the frustration factor in the player base by a massive amount...

I've personally stopped playing GT sport for little while due to my frustration that originates from the fact that I simply don't comprehend why certain decisions are made...

It might just be a personal example, but I do believe lack of transparency makes a lot of difference...

The_Tullster, Pigems and S A Debre like this.
  12. Chevy Heavy

Chevy Heavy

Unless of course you work at Tegridy Farms. ;) Thanks for the info Mr. Mackey. I was wondering about that in the lobby the other night.

sturk0167, The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  13. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I might have expressed myself unclear. I mean that it's something we can do absolutely nothing about, so you either have to let it go or find another game.

I used to betatest a mod for COD called Heat of Battle and then I was also beta testing Battlefield: Vietnam before it was released to the public and yes, insight to decisions makes you understand much better. But if the company decides to keep a lid on there is nothing to do about it and to let it go is much better for you. Release and breathe :)

14. AngryKowski

AngryKowski

Thats where I come from too. I couldnt stand the endless moaning in forums about what we dont get for the xx-time. I sold my xbox and bought a used ps4 for the same money and solved my problem. Now I'm happy. There is so much worse out there.

15. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Does this qualify me to be known as an alien? :crazy: (B race)

Screenshot_20191014-233306_Samsung Internet.jpg

16. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Yer a FREAK! :p

17. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Oooo yes, I'll take that! :D

18. 6BK

6BK

I think the only question is whether you are a tall grey one or one of the short blobby types. The alien part however is certain.

19. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I am this kind of alien:

E- I initially read tall green alien, whoops.

dlshearon, Pigems, Invisigoth and 3 others like this.
  20. 6BK

6BK

21. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

it's a love hate relationship with Race A this week.. really enjoy this track and weirdly i like the FF Gr4 cars, so i must be some sort of masochist as i sat on the grid in P2 and just waited to be smashed up the arse on T1. So, the inevitable happened... smashed into oblivion and then i immediately got a 5 second penalty for hitting the barrier :lol: then comes the delight in weaving your way through battling Audi TT's as the sparks fly off the barriers - but obviously they don't get penalties... why would they?!?
    My SR has taken a beating in a few races but my DR has risen a little... bring it on... it's just a game :cheers:

22. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Man Race B is savage. Matchmaking gods still don't like me but that is ok. Both races quite savage to watch but I have had it pretty clean. 1 guy did a massive send at the end of my second race that wiped out 3 people, but I managed to stay on track despite the hit. Ended up 8th after starting 15th in a field of mostly S drivers. Still not good for.much DR though.

23. 05XR8

05XR8

Don't know why some regions aren't using the Scirocco. That's fine. Call me Lone Wolf McQuaid.

24. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Hehe about to go A S again

3 people divebombed and gave me 3 2 sec pens and gazillion SR down.

Now DR B SR C.

DR B is less than 1/4th now.

One race to kill them all

The_Tullster likes this.
  25. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

added to the humour is some doofus who has a joint account with his girlfriend in the car swerving to miss you :lol:

dlshearon, sturk0167 and The_Tullster like this.
  26. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Then you should be driving a GMC Ram Charger....

05XR8 and The_Tullster like this.
  27. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

It goes a lot to explain why his last lobby was all about rescuing aliens from Aria 51.........

28. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

So it's been a wild and woolly night at Dragon Trail, but time to call it. Had two mostly clean races, lost a few DR in one, next one I gained a few in a really loaded lobby as everyone else binned it trying to race super close. Went for a third, got a great start and passed a couple of crashers when I got one of those penalties. Someone else was crashing, takes me out, and it was obviously my fault according to PD.

And for fun after that I was on lap 1 (must be some sort of voodoo for me there) when my wife decided to stand between me and the TV screen to check something in the washing, which wasn't in the way of the TV, exactly as I am heading into the death chicane with a car dead ahead and 2 on my bumper. Things did not go well. I ended up working my way back to 9th, but could have had so much more. Oh well. DR possibly stabilized while I get my elbows out a bit more for the sprint style of race B again. Keep having to remember I don't have the time like you do in race C a lot of the time.

29. 6BK

6BK

Scirocco is usually my GR4 weapon of choice. Even at Brands when we were not limited to FWD I used it. I didn't race and only had time to set a few Q laps per car last night - Megane was poop and I could not tolerate that 6th gear maxing out for 10 minutes in a 6 minute race so I only did 1 test lap, Pug is just too pugly to drive, Scirocco was a 1.12.3 after 5 laps and TT was a 1.11.1 again after 5 laps. Having only done a few laps I know there's easily a low 1.10 for me in the TT. Perhaps the Scirocco is better for the race with it's handling being more capable to duck, dive, brake and accelerate but certainly for Q time the TT wins for me.

05XR8, BenRod and Mattatsu like this.
  30. Pigems

Pigems

Nicely done man! :cheers: Looks like I’ve got some more work to do tonight. :)