"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RZQSPEED, May 13, 2019.

1. O604

O604

Got sidetracked in livery editor this morning. An hour, poof. :lol:

Finally got around to doing some laps for A & B. Need a few more laps before I can Race B. But took a shot at Race A.

R32. QT 1:04.783. Got me 6th spot. Finished 6th. Clean Race. Felt pretty fast for a Monday morning. I think the top 2 in race were in the top 10 in the region. :scared:

Qyn, BradleyLove, toddstar77 and 4 others like this.
  2. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

But I ordered a meal and when it was delivered in that car, it had become a soup ...

Last edited: May 21, 2019 at 12:08 AM
    Qyn, JoeyLeonine, Groundfish and 2 others like this.
  3. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

So I made the mistake of racing on a Monday. I figured I'd try Race A since I qualified. QT was 1:04.2 which landed me P5.

The whole grid was using the R32, I kid you not. So a One-Make. It was a real punt fiesta at T1 and 2, I lasted until Turn 11 where I got side-swiped off the track because someone didn't like that another car could could pass them, so I span out and ended up at P11. The gap was 8 seconds by the time I was back on my feet so I decided to quit.

I'm glad other people have had some positive experiences here already, I want to hope my race was an isolated case. Hopefully tomorrow will yield a better result.

Qyn, Dairyworker, Invisigoth and 5 others like this.
  4. MikeV27

MikeV27

That first chicane is a bitch. You have to use as much of the grey curbs as you can but if you put one or two wheels on the grass, you get a penalty. If you don’t take enough curb then your wheels go over the red sausage curb which can send your car flying. You have to make sure the red sausage curbs stay between your wheels.

Using the Huracan. I am shifting down to third by the time I hit the first curb on the left. Then I go down to second to help it turn in for the next one on the right. The key is being flat out for the last part, if you lift at all after the middle part you lose time.

Qyn, toddstar77, DelboyD and 4 others like this.
  5. sturk0167

sturk0167

Time of day is a factor. I've found that aggression increases as it gets later in the day. Morning racing is pretty good where I'm at. What region do you race in?

Qyn, Dairyworker, Pfei and 4 others like this.
  6. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Yep, it was good early afternoon, however dirty hour started early today. I'm having trouble with the Audi R8, 3 fails so far. First was my own stupidity, trying to spot a grey monitor, behind a grey car on a grey background. Just look at the 150 board dummy.
    [​IMG]
    No penalty! Not faster either and I stayed out of the way to let him through. The rest of the race was clean, but that was enough.

Then the races got dirty. Got pushed out by a dirty GT-R, pushing my wheels on the grass right before the brake marker. I got SR Down for that as well after not making the corner of course. I somehow managed to hang on with 2 wheels on the track losing 3 positions. He crashed later, then tried the dive bomb, free shortcut routine at the second chicane. I followed him off and luckily the penalty went to him. That made him angry, so he tried to get me to hit him off is lesmo 2, that backfired as he spun out. However having to brake extra for him caused the car behind me to bump me off doh. The GT-R cowardly quit the race after that.

Next race he's back, the only SR.A in the SR.S room??? There was a different dirty sob this time bumping me, cutting me off for a free shortcut etc. He started behind me in an AMG. He left with a red B, but not after causing some damage to my SR, down to 94. The SR.A from the previous race left with a red A.

Attempt 4, starting 17th of 20. Never mind, sitting this one out in the pit to prevent more SR loss. Already got SR down from all the bumping in T1, then rammed in the second chicane by a car that got punted, slid sideways into the barriers and launched a bit up in the air lol. Dinner time.

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 11:39 PM
  7. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

Hah hah ... I had a race in A the other day ... not much competition. I won by a big margin. My DR went DOWN by 11. It really did ... it was quite difficult to gain DR in race A for me last week. I'm an average A grade driver.

My aim with the dual accounts was so that I could race without fear of loosing 2500 DR in my first three races. Although my 2nd account is better than my first account now, and in my 2nd account this week I loose 2500 DR in my first 4 races this week!! My 2nd account is now 54% leading laps too, but that won't last. And it has been re-set - my first account has no re-sets.

I gave up racing because the Aussie and NZ internet connection switched to a Japanese server and New Zealanders and Aussies now can only get 3 yellow bars. Which is why when lapping cars in race A last week, I crashed twice because the cars I was lapping did not ghost... and I lost those races ... due to the internet's poor connection when Aussie/Kiwis race Japanese players.

I gave up in disgust because I was being crashed into due to not knowing where the cars actually were in tight traffic on the first lap. The 2nd account was to protect me from that stuff.

IMO its disgusting that on a first lap a player gets punted, looses 0.5 to 6 second penalty plus extra for the slow down effect, looses 4 seconds due to being off the track, looses large amounts of SR and is threatened with a reset, because PD allow mayhem on the first lap due to their rewarding of aggressive drivers and also due to the internet mis-placing cars on the track.

IMO the first lap should be ghosted all the way around the first lap. PD don't want this because they want cars to get punted off the track. If PD did not want crashing cars off the track in the game, they'd introduce damage. They might also lengthen the grid, so that cars had larger gaps between them to minimise pile ups. They'd ghost late brakers too. They remove drafting for aero advantage from the behind car for the first lap too. And they'd ghost those who move the wheel to hit a car besides or in front of them when it worsens their racing line. But PD wants the "action". PD knows punting off a car in front or besides you is just like killing someone in a first person shooter game. It's fun for many of the GTS players out there. But it does not simulate racing real cars or real racing.

About the controller - at race A, trail braking was very handy for the first turn for sure. But most other places trail braking or touches just cost time IMO, it was not optimal IMO.

As far as top drivers go - I don't treat them the same as anyone average because I do respect them enormously, they deserve that IMO. That guy was #1 in the world for qualifying, his DR is around 69,000, his average qualifying score is 98.64, and for this race his qualifying was half a second faster than me in a one second lap (and I was top 50 in the world). I thought he was hanging back and then going to race hard ; but I reckon he got hit at the first corner , I did not see his crash as I watched my racetrack for the first two corners carefully. I had a couple of slower corners and then someone had closed, so yeh I let him through, lap 4 leading onto the 2nd last lap, but out of self interest - I wanted to follow close up how the top guy drove his car ... it sure was a shame when I let the wrong person through ...

Last edited: May 21, 2019 at 12:20 AM
  8. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

EMEA region around early evening time so that probably didn't help. I could kind of tell before the race started that it wasn't going to be pretty. I find that to sometimes be the case with close quarters racing on narrow tracks. Everyone of us had similar QTs within 1 second of each other. It felt like I was everyone's b:censored:h in that race.

I also didn't have a great time with the N300 combo at Suzuka East, it had a similar kind of atmosphere. I'll definitely consider racing at another time.

sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  9. Famine

Famine Administrator

Bath? Bruh? Belch?

Mistah_MCA, Landy1264, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  10. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

None of the above, sadly. It was in fact the colourful word b*tch. :)

*hides*

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  11. Haitauer

Haitauer

Once again i noticed the racing in drA srB was a lot cleaner vs drA srS. I guess srS can affort some loss of sr or the guys at srS are so good at exploiting the system.

12. Famine

Famine Administrator

Butch? Batch? Botch?

Qyn, Landy1264 and Pigems like this.
  13. AUTISTICBOYX

AUTISTICBOYX

Yeah which is it? I'm dying to know!

14. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Quick practice/qualifying session at Monza. Decided to stick with the GTR again, this week.

1:48.282 for now. 1218th in EMEA. I've never been that high up, this early in the week. I can see where I can drop that to a 47.7xx. But, I'm too tired to actually do it.

Time to sleep. Girlfriend is going to wake me up in just under five hours to give her a lift to the train station.

Qyn, Pigems and Melbourne Park like this.
  15. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Still on a mission with the Audi.

Last race, SR Down for getting bumped off while the car that bumped me also got 1 sec penalty. Interesting.

The race before I got dirty, had to deliver some payback. It started with an Argentinian in a Mustang starting behind me. Predictable.
    [​IMG]

He didn't bother me here but he pulled the same thing on me a couple laps later. I stayed left, slowed way down and waited to turn in to let him complete his dive bomb. Then returned the favor.
    [​IMG]
    He did not avoid me, thus free shortcut and penalty for him. It's one of the dirtiest moves on Monza but letting dive bombs go unpunished, after a while I've had enough.

Too bad the clean race bonus was already taken away in that race due to this

Ok, so now I have to assume cars can instantly stop so fast that the back end lifts up in the middle of the chicane :lol:

I quit the next race, already got SR Down in T1 from bumpers (started 14th of 20) Then bumped off in Ascari and got a 2 sec penalty as the diver ran off into the sand. SR and DR be dammed, when is dirty hour going to be over. Break time. It might be better in SR.A anyway.

Last edited: May 21, 2019 at 1:30 AM
    Qyn, Invisigoth, Tea_Leaves and 6 others like this.
  16. Groundfish

Groundfish

Ok jmo, If I am afraid of losing a ton of dr and sr I don’t race. I’ve done so far around 275 races in this game.
    I get it that people want that second doesn’t matter account for practice etc. For myself though if I don’t feel I can be competitive I don’t race, I do something else. If I really get into a given car or combo...I study and practice, then qualify and race.
    This past week was a huge change from normal for me. I liked a car A LOT, and liked the track A LOT. I sacrificed stuff and stayed up late just enjoying the car and trying to find ways to get faster. Hey how often is Brands Indy even on a daily? Plus the more I drove the car the more I learned and liked it.
    That connection thing really sounds awful. That sucks.
    I mean I have to say though that I personally want to race a first lap not just ghost. I can definitely see where you are coming from though. It’s taken me over 200 races to embrace the first lap. In your situation I am sure I would say what you say though, no doubt.
    My take on it though is that first lap is part of racing. At the highest level it’s total chaos. That’s a huge part of racing to just take out of a game, I mean they could just do a rolling start with huge spacing and get the same effect...Grid start is grid start.
    I mean also, you are able to watch the racetrack on first lap?
    For me, at race time it’s all on autopilot in a sense. I have spent a long time researching race etiquette read books, practiced in game, raced the ai, raced people irl, My first 100-150 races on this game I just tried not to touch people, but now on the America’s server on which I play, especially in an n race, people will bump by stick their nose in make the dumbest attempts at overtake you have ever seen. You have to find how to survive it.
    I have done my best to learn about racing, practice my craft offline, carefully run some online, get faster online, and now I race. I’m confident in my understanding and awareness so I feel good about it. Tbh I don’t know who the top drivers even are. I am not usually racing against them on this server haha. I only leaderboard watched because after a qual session one night this week I realized I was in the top ten, so it became a thing for me.
    I always do my best to race hard but fair. I rarely see names I know on this server, in fact, when @sturk0167 turned up in a race I started thinking about making space for him and he was trying to create space for me and we created a situation in which the midpack got to us. It was primarily my fault. Why?
    It was because I treated him DIFFERENTLY from a normal racer. I wasn’t racing at all like I should have I was thinking about leaving room and not this or that. That HESITATION was my fault and my mistake.
    This game has many combos. I’ve been smoked by people below and above my rank and smoked people above mine.
    On this server you really never know who you might be up against with the multiple account thing. To me they are all the same. I’ve been screwed over so many damn times by people sticking their nose in or whatever it’s stupid. I am not an overtaker. I generally only pounce on mistakes.
    My experience of this game has not been qual pole walk away collect wins. I am generally midpack, which is why I have to maintain sr. I’m not fast enough to collect pole positions or fastest laps. I’ve had a couple minor sr blips in my career but two major ones and those were when I lost patience and punted some people. BELIEVE ME, those jerks deserved it.
    If I have a right to space and it’s a good space to be,I use it, If I don’t I don’t. Imo that’s racing. I always do my best to race fair but tough, and believe me, when it makes sense I give up the position. I know pretty well when it does and doesn’t make sense to choose a defensive line. No racer is perfect but it is what it is. Racing.
    You won’t catch me racing this week n300 Tsukuba? Noway. n300 is beyond me. Every single time I’ve gone n above 200 I have always sucked because I’ve devoted most of my practice to gr3 and gr4. Those cars love trail braking. The way I was working the speedster with its rear engine was pretty much dead opposite. That’s just for what I did.
    Re the slipstream, it’s working on this server.

Sorry for the long post, but I did learn a lot last week and did invest much more time than I should have. I enjoy some good lobby fun and what not, but sport mode on this server in n100 is a war. I’ve had people bump pass so many times when people had no right, I can only suspect sometimes they were aliens hiding behind fourth or fifth accounts, so street cars are what they are. You have to race well, or be annhilated. Lap one do what you can, or these guys will get by with a rub or two. Here on this server that’s reality.

Qyn, Stencedaddy, Redsea666 and 6 others like this.
  17. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Finally!!!
    [​IMG]
    It took all evening, probably the hardest thing I've ever done in GT Sport. Clean race bonus on Monza in this under powered, prone to sliding when avoiding, piece of junk. What a dirty evening. This race was not contact free either. I got bumped off, lost 4 places and the MacLaren that drove me off got 1 whole second for a penalty... He overshot another corner later so I passed him again anyway. Constantly dodging dive bombs, then let the next car go ahead as well as now you're 'slow' after avoiding the diver. Hold your breath each time past the penalty zone, who is a ghost, where is an out, are the cars behind paying attention, there is no room here to merge slow and fast traffic. Be careful in lap 5 and 7 (if you pit end 5) for cars coming out of the pit not respecting the solid line there.

I had a much better result in the Audi earlier
    [​IMG]
    But clean race spoiled by a bump from behind, or a barge pass, or T1 pinball, or an freaking car spawning on top of you.

Only 4 cars cleared after 1000 km on Monza today. That's not a pace I can keep up, the holiday weekend is over tomorrow. Plus it should be 5 a day. Monza needs to clear up a lot to be able to get all 35 clean race bonuses this week.

Qyn, Danguil63, Tea_Leaves and 6 others like this.
  18. toddstar77

toddstar77

Full week of Monza for me I think, was always a fan of the Daily B's but have found myself enjoying the Daily C's more of late as I found them less of a smash fest and a little fuel strategy seems to go a long way at the moment (guess most peeps are thinking and just driving)

19. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

Just played 1 hour before going to work and tried to go for a good Q race B. But just had 1.38.1 (allot of time I can scrap off the chicane and first hairpin). Im sure I can reach the mid 1.37 and will try to go faster. What BB are you guys using for the Huracan? Im running +3 atm.

Last edited: May 21, 2019 at 6:37 AM
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

Where the heck did my other post go? Well, Alfa Megane did what it do. Only another one could beat it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Qyn, Danguil63, Redsea666 and 5 others like this.
  21. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

Hey I'd like to know your racing name!!! And I really enjoy your posts!

While racing is racing, it should resemble real racing IMO.

Take the Brands track you loved last week ... I got beaten up there in my 2nd and 3rd races ... lost 2,500 dr in just two races. Quite simply too - instead of going around the first corner, you cut the first corner and hit me on the inside. And the same for the second corner too. Just cut the apex and hit the guy in front. And the same for the 3rd corner there - just cut the apex on the left and hit the guy in front. Sound familiar?

That is not racing. Because in the real world, you'd wreck both your cars. You'd loose you racing license (and I have had one). And you'd get belted up after the race by the driver you'd hit, if he was able to walk away from his wrecked car.

So its not racing IMO. IMO its playing. And PD want it that way. There's a dozen ways they could fix the problem, but since its been part of the game since it started, I reckon they want it that way.

And you know - if I ran the game, I'd put up fences that ran along the apex for the first lap, that then disappeared. So that if you tried to cut the apex on the first lap, you'd hit that darn temporary fence. So you would not be able to cut the apexes (apices) for the first lap. Reqard for the faster clean driver is what I want.

I do over take. ... without hurting the other guys race besides me taking his/her's place. Or I try to.

In this game, PD rewards those that bash and push and cut corners, and such behaviour would never happen in real life.

Last edited: May 21, 2019 at 8:55 AM
    Qyn, Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  22. 05XR8

05XR8

Gotta beat those Huracans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Qyn, Danguil63, Invisigoth and 5 others like this.
  23. Brzlav

Brzlav

This is one of the small things that annoy me in GTS that could likely be fixed easily: Crossing the white line on pit exit should be a penalty just as in real life racing.

But, even on auto-drive, your car goes to the racing line immediately, indicating that the developers never thought about using this line in any way.

Qyn, Stencedaddy, Redsea666 and 6 others like this.
  24. Haitauer

Haitauer

GT-R uses les fuel than gr3 Mustang? Would like to stay with the 'Tang but it seems gtr is op in race conditions..

25. 05XR8

05XR8

Just pitted for 2 laps of fuel and jumped those positions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Qyn, Danguil63, Stencedaddy and 3 others like this.
  26. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

As far as I know the GTR is indeed more fuel efficient. When I use the Mustang and would like to fuelsave I shift up at 70~75% of the revlimiter. Also in this rpm range the car has the most power.

Qyn, Danguil63, Pigems and 1 other person like this.
  27. Qyn

Qyn

The Aston is definitely gonna be my bread and butter this week. Win or lose, it just felt too good last week. Not sure who posted it last week on :gtpflag:, but someone's advice was "it's not as quick as the Big Mac, but it's quick enough if driven correctly" or something along those lines, led me to try it. I don't usually do Race C, especially Monza :scared:, but this week I'm all in. Starting later today :p. Hope to see some of you out there!

toddstar77, sturk0167, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  28. 05XR8

05XR8

As above, the Astons are quick and frugal. Fuel 2 is enough to be quick on the straights. RH tyre wear was just below new. I raced a WRX until pit stop. Looks like it got beat up to fall so far back.

Melbourne Park, Pigems and Qyn like this.
  29. Haitauer

Haitauer

Same
    Same here - saves ~1lap of fuel, but still the GTRs are faster at pits..:guilty::lol: have to try mastering rh tires - saves ~5sec in tire change..

Danguil63, Pigems, Qyn and 1 other person like this.
  30. Loverson

Loverson

Wow i was mistaken on Race C for cars.
    There are quite a selection to use and seeing a C7 up there changes up

Pigems and Qyn like this.