"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Seaside reverse is not working well for me, can't seem to get a good rhythym going. Best I can manage so far is a 1:39.295 after a few laps in the Supra, but really not a fan of that car. Definitely more in it, just need to put some time in. Tried my other top GT3 cars and can only get down to a 1:39.4 or so but they feel better to me. Luckily everyone seems to make mistakes here so as long as you keep it on the track (and off of the wall) you'll have a good result.

One thing that's really irritating is when drivers hit the COD and don't pull off track or at least try to get out of the way. SR dropped to mid 80s from slamming right into 2 guys on seprate laps that just kept their cars mid-track after hitting the wall. I feel like there shouldn't be a penalty for that, but there's a lot of things that system doesn't get right...

Should have swapped race B and C around had a tyre wear race on dragon trail reverse as it is I think whatever enjoyment can be found in Sardegna is sucked put of it by the choice of category for the week. Race B with no fuel or tyre issues is a supra one make.
People were saying that the last time this combo came up. I proved that theory wrong. Of course, DR range may cause varying results.

Daily Race B and C both had the potential to be really fun but they're both too short. Even 6-ish minutes is far too quick for B. I had a pretty good race there just now but it ended way too soon.

Daily Race B and C both had the potential to be really fun but they're both too short. Even 6-ish minutes is far too quick for B. I had a pretty good race there just now but it ended way too soon.
I don't understand why the races aren't longer all around. There is a 20min window for race A and B - make the race last 12-13min. A 12 lap race in this week's A would fit in instead of the 7 we have. Similarly, Race C should be 22-23min long.
If you want to work on your Q time, skip a slot.

I bet it sounds like that particular mating session too.
The tuba is the instrument on the left Tuba-and-Sousaphone.jpg
Sousaphone is on the right

Last edited:
Definitely done with Daily Races this week. The effect of B being so short is that everyone is impatient and resorts to forceful dives.

I like the physics of this game, even though I do really enjoy the more hardcore end of the spectrum like ACC as well. The issue is that GT Sport's physics are too forgiving for how competitive it is. Ever since the SR system was effectively nullified, brute-forcing up the inside has become the norm.

Is there a bit of space up the inside of the car in front that you aren't even alongside? Nope? No problem. Just brake late and use the other car to help slow you down and keep you from understeering.

And then there's the bump-drafting which has no place on circuits that aren't ovals...

The racing in this game feels great when people treat it like actual racing. But everyone games the system for those sweet DR points, and when we can walk all over the SR system without consequence, it doesn't resemble real racing at all. You can't pull those kind of moves in ACC or iRacing. I can't imagine trying to dive up the inside and using the other car to control my line in ACC, and somehow not ending up off the circuit.

I'm much more inclined to build a gaming PC and play ACC and iRacing than get a PS5 for whatever state of chaos GT7 will be in. At least races feel slightly calmer when they're around twenty minutes, but they've managed to **** that up this week as well.

To be honest, notwithstanding its obvious plus points, GTS has so many gameplay issues that the fun has long since expired.
These issues have in turn resulted in the player base descending into a mire of cynicism, rudeness, deceit, vigilantism, and downright nasty behaviour.
I’ve said it before, until such time as the many issues are resolved I have no desire to be involved with it.

Been pleasantly surprised with Race B this week, with the majority of races being well behaved with the bare minimum of idiocy.

I get that the Supra is king, but I find the F1 more fun around here, even if you have to brake 3 weeks before a corner.

Optimum is 38.8, but stuck on 39.3 at the moment, just cant get all the sectors spot on in a row.

And watching the top time go through the COD is frightening, barely a lift at all

To be honest, notwithstanding its obvious plus points, GTS has so many gameplay issues that the fun has long since expired.
These issues have in turn resulted in the player base descending into a mire of cynicism, rudeness, deceit, vigilantism, and downright nasty behaviour.
I’ve said it before, until such time as the many issues are resolved I have no desire to be involved with it.
A few muppets and rude boys aside I have actually had some decent racing the last couple of weeks. Had a few good battles at St. Croix as long as we could clear the first half a lap. Had a couple really good battles at Race C this week as well. Gotta take them when they come. Even had a guy who is normally a bit over aggressive in FIA races race me fairly clean, even letting me back by when he got the dreaded 2.5 second penalty for the final turn in race C. I had a big run on him anyway, but he just eased off a bit to let me go, possibly for a slightly dangerous block earlier in the lap. Gotta take the good times and do what you can. And take the breaks if it feels too nasty.

I'm much more inclined to build a gaming PC and play ACC and iRacing than get a PS5 for whatever state of chaos GT7 will be in. At least races feel slightly calmer when they're around twenty minutes, but they've managed to **** that up this week as well.
If it makes you feel any better, you might not have to buy a PS5 in order to see the clusterscrew that is GT7. Even if you choose not to give Sony your money by buying the game, we will be moaning about it here. 😄

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, you might not have to buy a PS5 in order to see the clusterscrew that is GT7. Even if you choose not to give Sony your money by buying the game, we will be moaning about it here. 😄
I really want the game to be good! I'm just not confident the AI won't feel twenty years old, or that the physics will be substantially improved, or that the online rating system won't be broken every other content update. I hope I'm surprised!

Race A: N500 @ BMB Speedway | 7 laps | SM
BMB grid start with N500 cars and a weak slipstream. 😨
You would have to be a masochist to enter that race with a Q time.
The people starting at the front will be the ones who take the worst beatings. 🤕
Also, the top qualifiers will be hitting the turn 1 wall, again. 🙄

I do, however, have some unfinished business with that track.
In March of 2020, we had a Gr.3 race there. I got about 20 podiums, but zero wins.
I did 63 races that week, and started on pole 15 times. Average finishing position; 7.80. 😂
It was a nasty race. There should be fewer penalties this time. They were really bad back then.

Last edited:
RBR here I come, that will be fun as the Group 2 cars don't feel the tyre wear as much as others.

I realise it is more true to life but the longer pit stops has really dropped the strategy options, two stopping just doesn't work.
What I think they need is longer races. Get as close to that 25 minute mark as possible. The problem I saw with the ultra short put stop times was especially pronounced in gr. 4. Pit stops were basically free, so every daily c gr4 race inevitably became a FF fest.

and regardless of the cars being used, the short pit stops made the daily C’s and FIA races more or less sprint races. Fresh tires and fuel were just a short pit stop away, so the only strategy was wether to undercut or not. No need to save tires or fuel.

from what I’m seeing now, as long as PD gets the multipliers right, it opens up the strategy just a little more where if you’re not good with fuel or tires, it’ll hurt you in the long run. Especially with tire multipliers.

High tire multipliers really level the playing field for the working man. Let all the alpha males go and either crash themselves (and usually others) out, or come the last 3 laps, they can’t keep it on the track.

Also the high tire multipliers has real pros and cons when selecting the compound you start with.

I know I was looking at the grid yesterday during FIA when determining what compound I was gonna start with. I was looking at what kind of cars were around me….in relation to my starting position…in relation to their qualifying time. You could almost forecast who could hot lap like no ones business for 5 laps on each compound, but they’d be a sitting duck towards the later laps on each compound stint

I am murderous on tyres so I am not a fan of "saving" them, especially at crazy high multipliers.

The FIA race was soul crushing, by lap 5 on the mediums my times were dropping like a stone.

Last edited:
I am murderous on tyres so I am not a fan of "saving" them, especially at crazy high multipliers.

The FIA race was soul crushing, by lap 5 on the mediums my times were dropping like a stone.

I was the same exact way. I've been playing for 3 years now, and I avoided daily race C's for almost 2 years because I was afraid of tire wear and I found the whole strategy thing just intimidating. I remember the first daily C I did. It was a good week of combos but all the forum was talking about was strategy for race C.... which was a high tire and fuel multiplier at Brands Hatch in Gr.4. No-one wanted to talk about race B and it looked like everyone was having a blast at Brands. I then figured if there was as good as time as any, I needed to take the plunge on this one. Not to mention Gr.4 at Brands is probably my best combo on this game. I remember I even did a few custom races in arcade mode with high multipliers just see what going through the pits were like and how to select tires and refuel. Come race time, I had a blast. After that, I still only did Race C on rare occasions, but my cherry was popped nonetheless.

However, I still avoided FIA like the plague. That was until about 9 months ago or so (maybe a year..not sure) when all of Super GT's youtube vids were FIA races. It looked like a lot of fun. So I started watching the FIA thread, and to be honest..... I started feeling left out watching everyone post up their liveries for the season, and reading their stories and looking at their screen shots of their results after a round. So, I looked at the schedule and as luck would have it, another combo that I'm really good at (Dragon Trail Seaside in GR.2) was the nations race the next day, so I immediately stopped doing daily's for the day and ran custom races in arcade mode to prepare. I even made my first livery for a car just to be part of the in-crowd!! Come race day it was a lot of fun, and it didn't hurt that I won too!!

Now I almost exclusively do Daily C and FIA. With FIA, it has opened the game up for me more..... left me more to do. If I get bored or don't like the weekly combos, I have that weeks FIA races coming up. And there's always next week's rounds to practice for. Plus, its really broadened my horizons on all the different cars in this game and their strengths and weaknesses. I'll look at the schedule, and really put in a lot of time to figure out which Manufacturer I want to go with for the season..... taking in account the different tracks and the multipliers given for each race. I really geek out on that stuff. Before I got into FIA, I only used 4 cars no matter what. The Beetle, the 911 RSR, the slophy, and the TT. And over time it just became the Beetle and the TT because I actually learned how to deal with the dreadful FF understeer. Now I look at ALL the cars, and if there's a daily combo I don't care for, I jump on the Alt and use it as practice and a testbed for either upcoming seasons, or my various manufacturers spread throughout my 3 accounts.

And FWIW, learning how to save tires actually made me faster. It forced me to make good inputs and focus on line selection a lot more

Last edited:
On a related note, I’m really liking this weeks combos tho. However I need to play the long game on this one and sit the next 2 days out. Totally redoing my garage and if I play my cards right, my sim rig will be in the garage in 2 weeks…maybe sooner. I can’t believe how much crap I’ve accumulated over time. Im finding tools I never knew I bought. Still unopened, in the package.

It’s current state right now

65C02816-87C6-4679-9C7D-5332CDB120DA.jpeg

And that's only the front half!! Now that I'm really looking at it, its gonna take me 3-4 days and a few dump runs

Last edited:

Wow, I used to consider myself so-so with tires but I actually got 11 solid laps out of the mediums last night's FIA race. I seem to get better with tire wear but have made no improvement on fuel savings.

Back