"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
It certainly wasn't your main. I would have said hello if it was. If it was an alt then that would have been a perfect way to mess with me.
No alts in use this week...

Did two more C tonight. The first one I was behind a driver called MaNIC_UK and I was so fascinated by his driving style (doing the @GOTMAXPOWER slide on apex, tiny slide to rotate then power out) that I forgot my strategy and missed the pit on lap 2.
Got frustrated so missed a few corners, got caught by someone else and spun. In the end I finished one spot above my starting point.

Second race I was surprised to see two 787B's in the upper half of the grid
I past them by the bridge on L1, one had 3.5 sec penalty, the other had 5
Pitted on L2 and the undercut brought me to p5. Then a guy in a Pug passed me (on fresh softs) and the guy behind him couldn't pass immediately. So he promptly pushed me in to the gravel at the Ducks Beak (Jerry 1 I think). Those two finished on podium, I finished 5th. That's ok from p11 but it could maybe have been higher with a clean racer.
Anyways, as of now I have this week went from 17 to 23k in two or three races a day.

Last edited:
The amount of photo finishes I have had in this race so far must me a record. Two this morning (I'm the red car 🙂) and one yesterday with @Groundfish. I really managed to pick up that pace today, many podiums and a couple wins.
F.jpg

Jumped in the Mazda LM55 as suggested by @GTWolverine, and it is a good starter car. I think it handles great and has a quick acceleration. Now the only thing is that I need to learn St. Croix. It's daunting to me to say the least, I even made a cheat sheet to keep track of everything. I did memorize the Nordschleife, so it's just going to take some time. Once I hit close my K-score from Kudos, I'll join some races. I need to stay somewhat competitive and keep some pace instead of bouncing off the walls. I'll take the DR hit no matter how I end up doing go get that SR back to S.

Now the only thing is that I need to learn St. Croix. It's daunting to me to say the least, I even made a cheat sheet to keep track of everything. I did memorize the Nordschleife, so it's just going to take some time.
Huh, I guess sometimes I forget about different styles of learning. After a couple of laps I have the layout ingrained. Visual+kinaesthetic learner here.
Hopefully you'll get it down by the end of the week. Although even if you don't it may be a year before we see St. C again.

I've really been enjoying race A this week. Best combo by far that we have had in months, for the road car crowd. I haven't done a ton of races but a decent session yesterday morning and an afternoon session on Tuesday, but i haven't seen many familiar names, still had some great racing though. My pace is a bit off where it should be, but i don't know if I've ever really put time in on this track in this direction, so I'm trying not to be upset about it lol should be able to put a low 42.xx down before the weekend is over, maybe...

Spent some time out in race C on a friday night. Messy messy affair. Got punted in turn 1 3 out of 4 races. Last race of the night I ended up run wide due to a very aggressive driver, but only when I did it myself, they left me the room to be a bit more narrow. But still get a penalty for a ping pong accordion effect through the field.

Managed to fight back in all my races to respectable enough finishes, but really fed up with the attitude of some drivers. One who punted me straight in to the leaders at turn 1 lap 1 in a race to give me a penalty (thanks to the low DR armor) wouldn't even deal with anything. Said if I got punted by them it was because I was slow, and obviously my fault since they still got a CRB. This mentality is ruining a lot of races these days as people are assuming that the penalty system is a proper judge.

If that is the case there are going to be a lot of ruined race cars in my wake over the next couple of weeks.

Nice to see other GTP racers out there, especially @manion Running a wild collection of all the Gr1 cars. Big props for that

Spent some time out in race C on a friday night. Messy messy affair. Got punted in turn 1 3 out of 4 races. Last race of the night I ended up run wide due to a very aggressive driver, but only when I did it myself, they left me the room to be a bit more narrow. But still get a penalty for a ping pong accordion effect through the field.

Managed to fight back in all my races to respectable enough finishes, but really fed up with the attitude of some drivers. One who punted me straight in to the leaders at turn 1 lap 1 in a race to give me a penalty (thanks to the low DR armor) wouldn't even deal with anything. Said if I got punted by them it was because I was slow, and obviously my fault since they still got a CRB. This mentality is ruining a lot of races these days as people are assuming that the penalty system is a proper judge.

If that is the case there are going to be a lot of ruined race cars in my wake over the next couple of weeks.

Nice to see other GTP racers out there, especially @manion Running a wild collection of all the Gr1 cars. Big props for that
Running the big Bug at the moment, just finished p3 with a fastest lap.

I find more enjoyment trying a bit of everything rather than sweating on every race. Could probably nudge 50k dr but any time I start to take the game overly serious I end up needing a long break from it. More fun to run off the back in a wide variety of machines for me.

Last edited:
Ran the C9 from last on the main. Pretty sharp handling and strong accelration. Finished a couple spots up in a small Grid.

Went in at Monza . Used the SLS. Sea of C7s and some GT-Rs. A couple F1s in there as well and one RC F. Wasn't a bad race. Just a C7 rushed through a couple of us after it spun out.

This is sort of Race C related . . . I thought I would try out the Mazda LM55 VGT and I have to say it is not bad but I think the 908 is easier (and better for me) to control. So went offline into Arcade Single Race mode and tried a race with other AI GR.1 cars - I pulled off the best undercut I have ever done and just had to share it.

I (the white LM55 in P3) started the replay at the turn off the last straightaway. P1 & P2 were fighting through the village and I was thinking I could try some form of undercut to get by them and it was right there in front of me on the last turn. I know they are AI racers but it was still a first for me.

Enjoy your racing!

Edit: Sorry for some reason I called this a Hyundai vice Mazda - brain fart.

Last edited:
Race B at Monza is mostly clean if you are out in front and don't make big mistakes.

The one time I stuffed the Della Roggia chicane on Lap 1 I ended up getting punted off at the second Lesmo by P3 who forgot where to brake... that will teach me

Anyway, racked up win #400 which is of moderate interest... Can't remember when I scored #300 but it felt like a while ago.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210702230151.jpg
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210702230151.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 12
Someone brought out the worst in me again.

I did three sessions of Daily Race C and the first one was where a dirty player just made me brought out my aggressive/dirty side. It all started when the dude in the TS050 did a very aggressive overtake and at first I didn't mind it but as soon as we went to the long straight, he blocked me when I was going to overtake him so from there I just got annoyed and punted him out of annoyance although sadly I ended up collecting the Tomahawk driver as well but it did not stop there as the TS050 player sent the Tomahawk driver onto the grass along with him and from there he quit out of rage.

As soon as things settled down, I slowed down in order to let the Tomahawk pass me out of what I did earlier. I apologized post race.

Now for my second session along with @Redneckchef and @manion, I sadly DC'd just as when we're on the final lap.

And for the final session for today (along with the same players I mentioned) I went something different gone for the 919 Hybrid just to see how it goes and just as I suspected while the car is good in handling, I'm not skilled enough in handling the KERS in order to keep my lead. I kept the lead until the final lap where a dude in the Tomahawk just completely blew me away with its pace compared to mine and I had to settle with second.

Overall I gained a motto for dealing with dirty drivers with the motto being "one time is funny, two times is annoying." after what happened in my first session. Glad I got to race with some GTP users again. I really hate it when a dirty driver tries to test my patience as to how long before my aggressive/dirty side appears.

Last edited:
From yesterday's stints. I had a great battle for the lead for all 4 laps with this driver that ended in a photo finish. They made a move on me for the lead near the end, which they apologized for. Went up the inside with to much momentum and forced pushed me out. I wasn't upset by it, it was a good fun race.

I want to talk s little about turn 1 at the A racetrack.
I’ve noticed that a lot of players try to go waaaay to the left approaching the turns entry, from the curbing to the runoff to this point right here.
4E945529-390F-4783-9FA5-6FD0C34348F9.jpeg

So, that’s fine and all of you choose to try to qualify on that approach.
In race under attack from a car behind taking this line is a very bad idea.
Even in qualifying imo it’s not the best approach to the turn.
You can be 1-2 car widths to the right here, and if brake a little and get right on throttle hard you can have 86MPH just after apex. Thing is lap time wise it’s better because you cover less DISTANCE.

Anyways also look at the track map, and look at this section of track, It’s almost a straight to a little uphill brake to the actual turn.
The first part is a bend, then the corners radius tightens.

The reason I bring this up is because I’m certain there’s players who think even if their opponent is on their bumper, that their opponent should stay behind because they think the picture above, where the car is is the turn in point.

Im sorry but it’s totally unrealistic to think as the car ahead you are entitled to try to take the turn from there.

You aren’t. That may be your preferred method but that turn isn’t one fixed radius arc as you are trying to make it.
The actual turn is tighter and further up the road.

I see a lot of guys try this line and they get a lot of understeer.
Gee whiz look at the camber I wonder why you understeer lol.

The reason I bring this up is getting passed here seems to be what triggered multiple rage punt attempts from the player shown here who unceremoniously rammed himself full speed into the sand and wall here…
A4CAAC7F-238F-4203-B090-0A5D37F8085E.jpeg

In closing it’s important to recognize that the way you choose to run your qualifying lap is IRRELEVANT once the race begins.
Once the green flag drops it goes to corner rights…
Anyways I also have to say if you are going to go out, do it full speed, alone, without touching anyone…
80338E76-2578-4435-B0EF-AF1E334C0F4E.gif

edit also when you see an A plus with message “check my Twitch”
The translation is “I will ram you if you pass”
That is all.

Last edited:
Did bunch of C races had some really good racing with A and A+ lobby.
last race was lobby with some really fast players. Kie25 some mario guy etc. Was starting on p10 and was thinking that this should be good race. No it wasnt. Dirty idiots lined behind me and boy it was rough ride.
they only could pass me by ramming, nice. 🤬

Sorry to hear you got punted so much. But isn't turn 1 a full throttle corner so it takes something special to punt there? Just shows the level of idiocy we are up against.
No, they aren't that bad, I just havent been counting that left kink as a corner, although I probably should since it seems hairy at full speed. And the punts have been super optimistic late brakers in hybrids on cold tires. Trying to win the race in the first 20 seconds. Problem has been that often enough I was the highest or second highest DR in the pack so I get a penalty with all the contact. If there was close racing later and contact occurs then it's different.

Was having some good mid race battling with a couple hybrid drivers who knew how and when to use the cars to great effect. 1 gave me a bit of a bump shove wide at 1 corner, but I'd screwed up my braking the previous corner and somehow launched past them with a beyond kamikaze move I made as they were braking on the outside I had missed my braking point, and the only escape was to go inside. I made it through without touching them or the walls, but it shouldn't have happened so I was ok with the aggressive move after that. And then no contact in any of our later battles.

Good drivers are out there.

Last edited:
Went for Race C two more times. The hybrids seem to keep up well at lower DRs. First race was in the 908 - started P3, lost several positions to the hybrids at the race start and wasn't able to get them back. Clipped the wall a couple of times to end P8 after some goofball forgot to put on mediums. 908 isn't extraordinary on tyres but makes it work.

Tried the 919 next. Started P4, but managed to briefly hold the race lead on fresh softs at the beginning. The hybrids are just something else on race starts. I did have some trouble with tyre wear, though, since the 919 has substantially more front wheelspin on acceleration than the TS050. Can't just whack the throttle out of corners like the TS050. Also finished P8 after losing pace near the end of my soft stint.

As an aside, I want to talk about the Audi VGT. What makes it so good around here in particular? It's nothing special down the back straight, it has absurd amounts of wheelspin on acceleration unless you take baby steps, and the downforce doesn't feel as strong as the modern LMP1s. What's giving it the edge here? Is it possible that it's...been good the whole time?

Race B again. I will not qualy at this one. Just wait for the C7 brigade to take each other out. Just like the Sciroccofest.

SLS feels real good. Doesn't feel slow at all. Just the brake lights can barely be seen from cars behind.

Race C this week has been awesome. So nice to have a track that rarely gets chosen as a daily race....

Next week though......just as interesting. I think PD might have finally got that msg that we'd like tracks that rarely get picked

As an aside, I want to talk about the Audi VGT. What makes it so good around here in particular? It's nothing special down the back straight, it has absurd amounts of wheelspin on acceleration unless you take baby steps, and the downforce doesn't feel as strong as the modern LMP1s. What's giving it the edge here? Is it possible that it's...been good the whole time?

The only thing i can think it might be is the way it handles, its much more like a MR car imo. It turns into corners amazingly, if you do it the right way that is.....and you can lessen the wheel spin by changing up sooner coming out of corners.

In saying all that I've hardly seen anyone use it in a race

The only thing i can think it might be is the way it handles, its much more like a MR car imo. It turns into corners amazingly, if you do it the right way that is.....and you can lessen the wheel spin by changing up sooner coming out of corners.

In saying all that I've hardly seen anyone use it in a race
I've been behind a few Audi VGT drivers in the races the past few days, and that thing seems to drive like a drunken cow. Last one was able to hold the middle of the track defensive line and was simply a cork in a bottle until there was enough space for the rest of us to get around. I don't nt think it is very good on tires.

After another session of practice, I got a better feel for the track and car. I’m down to a 2:59.3XX! A time under 3 minuets is fantastic seeing I’m new to both Gr.1 and St. Croix. My K-score is a 2:53.1XX and I don’t see shaving that much time off in another day. So, I’ll be a happy little backmarker and try not to get in the way. I’ll still give others a fight, but I’ll back off when I know I’m beat. But, judging on the races I’ve seen on YouTube, keeping the car off the wall and on track should be good enough for a decent finish.

Is 3M/4S the strategy for Race C? Is fuel a concern in the Mazda LM55? I’d be fine losing time for a splash of fuel if I need to.

I also found it difficult to make livery for the LM55. I had the hardest time getting stuff lined up and not looking deformed for the design I use for everything. It looks decent enough and that works for me.

Daily Races next week

Race A - Suzuka East/N300 provided/7 laps/Sports Mediums

Race B - DT Seaside II/Gr.3/4 laps/Racing Mediums

Race C - Sardegna B II/Gr.4/8 laps/Racing Hards/Fuel consumption at 2x and tire wear at 6x

Last edited:
Back