"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

@EinsTheOne
    Gr4 at bathurst has been a good test since its my favourite track. I have been focusing on trailbraking which i had gotten away from it seems but i just never noticed. Like i still trailbraked but not enough. I have been driving great so far this week. Back to abs default since last week. Hopefully i can keep it up lol.

The_Tullster, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  2. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Every now and then, I use them when I'm trying to learn a new track. There is definitely no shame in using cones, just as there is no shame in using the flashing Brake indicator*.

*If you know the context about the flashing brake indicator, you're an OG.

3. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

I'm all for that, however with my luck I would end up at Fuji in the Beat.

[​IMG]

4. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

How about it simply locking to one out-lap and two flying laps to set time. Quali closes after that one with quali car fixed for race.

Quali times and car for the day. Second day new chances. Etc etc.

The_Tullster likes this.
  5. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

You guys are looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

6. sturk0167

sturk0167

I did a lobby a few months ago where I used a r.n.g. to pick the car, track and type of tire. Some of the combos it came up with were definitely sketchy, but I think people had fun.

I think the worst one it chose was Gr.3 Huracan at reverse Horse Thief Mile with comfort tires. :lol:

7. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

The problem is, I would like more people to spend time racing instead of qualifying so matchmaking doesn't keep making A+/S to D/S rooms.

I realize having to re-qualify to use a different car would only make it worse :lol:

Anyway, you can't stop people from practicing for 100 hours, then qualify for 2 laps and do one race or none at all. Perhaps removing the qualifying ranking board will stop people chasing the leader boards :idea:

8. golfer07840

golfer07840

I mean, who doesn't want to do a one make Race on the 24HR 'Ring track with a BMW i3?

Ha, I remember that! I was there for that. 4th of July if I recall correctly. That was fun.

At point we wound up with N700 cars on Suzuka East :lol::lol:

9. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I’m just saying it’s a pet peeve. It ends up that I don’t daily my main account unless I am top 50 or so.
    Say there’s a combo I like like Interlagos gr3. I get home from work get situated crap now I gotta put in an hour or more of qual to start above say 12?
    I mean I’m pretty good there. It definitely takes me time though to really nail down a lap. For a combo I am not good at now I am looking at maybe not racing for a few days.
    Hence alt account.
    I dunno. I don’t see what the big deal would be with having unlimited practice. Practice then qual. I just don’t see what’s wrong with that.
    Daily races would by far be best as @sturk0167 mentioned.
    I’m pretty much down to at this point shelving my main account just using it for liveries and friendliest since it has all the paints and wheels and stuff.
    Its my problem for sure, I am just not prepared to invest the amount of time necessary to maintain and improve my rating given the aggressive nature of it.
    I’m pretty sure I am gonna just shelve it.
    Seriously this games players in top 1 percent are GOOOOOOOD.
    I know a person shouldn’t care about that rating but I’ve invested too much into it to put it at risk and plus I have fits of psychosis in races anymore on it when people get a little dirty.
    Alt is best thing I’ve done for dailies, main, maybe venturing into nice organized lobby racing is best. #therapyventoverhaveaniceday

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:22 PM
  10. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Hmm this is new to me. Track didn't load?
    [​IMG]
    It only responds to triangle, can't chat or press any buttons down at the bottom. I can check out people's profiles and report Meganes. The race has obviously started already. Waiting for my stats to change on KP to see what happened. It's still on this screen.

Race must have finished, 1114 DR just disappeared, no SR though. That screen is still up... Post race talk now going lol. I guess I'll restart the game, lobby is not closing either, can't leave.
    [​IMG]
    I wonder what happened to my car in the race.

11. 250Cal

250Cal

12. golfer07840

golfer07840

This happened to me 3 times, but never with the race, only for warmups and once the race started, the track came back and all was good.

The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  13. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Definitely. Next race someone took out all the distance markers, not a single one left. I'm back in SR.A now sigh.

14. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I’m sorry but I just can’t take advice from someone who uses the flashing brake indicator. ;)

15. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

@Sven Jurgens I've had it happen in lobby practice/quali. I'd enter the race, back out, and then I can see the environment again, so I go back in. I've heard cases about this happening in Daily AND FIA races from this patch, so I hope it gets fixed soon.

@Pigems , it makes you question Mister MCA's credibility!!!

16. fisheye

fisheye

Race B?

The_Tullster, Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  17. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Yep. Those things need to be bolted down. Btw aren't they over head as well at hell's corner at the night version? They aren't there now. Maybe I'm imagining things again.

18. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

That's one of the things I don't like about Mount Panorama. I use the boards at The Chase, Murray's, and Hell's Corner.

I think for Hell's Corner, I use one of the overhanging Understeer signs as a braking point.. I think for Gr. 3 cars. The rest, I have to memorize them if the boards get knocked down.

The_Tullster, Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  19. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Megane + Brazilian + Penalty system, I can't think of any worse combination
    [​IMG]
    68 SR left.

20. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Had that happen to me a month or so ago. No.idea what happened, did hear some noise but just had to shut down the game. That is one of my unfinished races.

21. 05XR8

05XR8

All three races should have been Ford vs Ferrari.

22. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

That's pretty much what I practice. I drive a different car every day I race, for Gr1,2,3,4. When I change I spend time qualifying with that car to beat my previous time. If I can't at least get my optimum to match or beat it, I try a different car till I find one that I can, then race that.

The problem with lines is that your nose starts bleeding after a while. Cones give you bloodshot eyes... @Pigems can tell you all about it ;).

Yer a bad driver! :p (say, didn't you quit?)

23. golfer07840

golfer07840

I feel your pain man, I really do.

24. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I did. :(

The_Tullster, Tea_Leaves and Pigems like this.
  25. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

Maybe Ferrari v Ferrari?

26. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm all for an all Ferrari race, but you know what would happen? It'd be One Make 330 P4 races. Similar to the "F40 race" at Le Mans.

27. Pigems

Pigems Premium

You’ve just given me a great idea for a bonus race. Thanks! :D

28. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I’ll play with the Scirocco some more tonight, if I miss the first Race C after my kids are in bed.

I snuck a race in this afternoon. I ran the Beetle for 1:22.039 to qual, and was p8/16 for the race DR Bb/C lobby. I got bumped off the track twice on the first lap, and then managed to do it myself another 2 times in the next couple of laps. I ended up in p11, and even with short shifting, was going to have to stop for fuel. I stopped around lap 7, and went for it for the second half of the race. I ran 22s until I caught up with traffic, and through passing and others pitting ended up finishing in 5th.

I was in such a rhythm by the end...I really like these longer races.

I did a couple hot laps in the 911 after. I think I might eventually be faster in that.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019 at 11:20 PM
  29. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I like the line. Many lines might be a problem. :)
    Using cones can cause dry eyes but they make eye drops for that.

@Pigems GORDINI Rally again. That was super fun!

30. Granadier

Granadier

Perfect timing. I just got the F40 in a daily spin yesterday.