"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 7, 2019.

1. sturk0167

sturk0167

Just tried my first race B of the week (voodoovaj started on the pole and won). It was remarkable to see how many people crash during that race. :lol:

2. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

I've seen players with full bars act like they're a 1 bar in races. Full bars do mean very little, at least with my experiences.

I've even raced behind @Sven Jurgens when he's shown 4 to 5 bars, and he was jittering fairly often. It was weird to see, as I wasn't expecting it.

3. sturk0167

sturk0167

Just did my second race B and noticed that a lot of people there are angry. :lol:
    I got knocked back down to SR B. I'm gonna try some Tokyo. :tup:

4. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Yes my isp sometimes goes wonky. This morning GTS reported me as one bar yet according to others my car was behaving normally and I didn't notice any extra lag either. Yet sometimes my isp develops a 'hickup', congested cable internet I guess. All the cars will suddenly move a bit left or right repeatedly every second. It's very weird until it clears again. I have also seen car movements turn into stop motion style movement for a few seconds.

I have no clue. I do use wifi but that never seems to be a problem, 5 bars all the time, getting 95 mbps down / 15 mbps up on my laptop through wifi, 14 ms ping to toronto (220 km round trip). However GTS reports anything from 35ms to atm 89ms ping to wherever the server is. I can't do much about what happens from the modem onwards :/

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  5. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

Then drift turned like a boss lol. Nice one

Pigems, 250Cal and RacingGrandpa like this.
  6. sturk0167

sturk0167

Tokyo's not bad. I made it all the way up to 3rd, against a bunch of idiots. :lol:

Pigems, Mistah_MCA and RacingGrandpa like this.
  7. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Last night, in attempts to make myself feel better after a disastrous Manu race, I hopped on to my R4M account and started some C races. No qualifying; start from the back and see where I can end up.

Most of the time, I was starting in 18th (out of 18 cars), and there was one time where I started 18th out of 19 cars. In all races, the first few turns are always interesting. By that, I mean a bunch of people end up killing each other, and suddenly I'm in top 10. I always went for the inside line on turn 1. Turn 2, I'd do the same thing if I could. After that, it's a matter of trying to pass whoever is ahead of me, and trying to force a mistake on those who are defending like crazy. Sadly, I couldn't pull a Davil Perel on anyone (yet) in this C race. I did get a super clean undercut on the 2nd to last turn on someone, which was super satisfying.

Then, of course, I had a couple run ins with some questionable drivers. One of them kept pushing others off track, so that was fun. He did it to me, but ended up with a 3 second penalty. I even passed him before he served it, so I don't get what he was trying to do.
    Another one turned into a salt mine as I was about to pass him between turns 1 and 2. He pushes me into the right wall. I don't slow down too much, but that did get him a penalty. Congratulations, you played yourself.
    Then before turn 2, I was trying to pass someone, when he taps me on the left and goes off track. Great, I have a 3 second penalty. I did think about punting him for his foolish decision, but I decided to not do that... Still passed him, as he decided to pick a fight with someone else.

So yeah. Interesting races. 1st place had a great pace, so I couldn't catch up to him at all in any of these races. 2nd for life. :D

8. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Why do I keep doing this to myself, racing during dirty hour. I can't remember the last time I saw a clean 7:30 pm race, I always lose SR in that timeslot. -6 SR this time to 93. I was up to 32K DR in the afternoon, now after 3 dirty hour races down to 28K. Punted off to last 3 races in a row.

One race had a red bar connection parked in the bus stop, not ghosted! He was reported as last during the race, yet at the end suddenly appeared in the grid as one of the only ones without a penalty and blue S.

7pm to 8pm EST, PD should just turn the server off :crazy:

Yep, 7:50 pm race again, all from one certain nation... 89 SR now. Dive bomb in the chicane from so far back he practically split the car in front of me in two. I ended up with a 3 sec penalty in the aftermath, then he punted me off in the right hander a bit further on. A shame as I was having an awesome close race with the Mexican in front of me who got split in two.

Let's see what SR.B is like, can't be worse than SR.S at this hour. That's where I am now. I had to deal out some street justice after getting rammed off and spun out by two different drivers and getting SR Down for it. I got them both but paid in SR. Worth it after this last hour. Wth.

One of them, the rammer, was in my next race. He was SR.A. I passed him cleanly first then he started ramming again, brake checking, punting. So I checked his profile on KP
    [​IMG]
    PD stop matching these people in SR.S lobbies. One or two of these will ruin the race for most of the lobby.

Of course I still got SR Downs for some of his punts, down to 59. I didn't feel the need to hit him back, as the penalty system at least did something this time and got him out of the way at the penalty zone. Anyway it's pointless to hit these people back, yet you can't pass them either with all the ramming and brake checking...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 1:52 AM
  9. sturk0167

sturk0167

Let me tell you about my adventures at race A.

Here's the penalty zone screwing two guys who really didn't do anything wrong.

Here's what I meant by idiots at race A. After the third hit, for no reason, I brake early to get behind this :censored:, so I can launch him into another galaxy. He crashes and so I move on to get the last laugh by taking the checkered flag. :tup:

This next dude... Oh boy. I'll just say this. For all those of you that don't like to seek vengeance, take comfort in knowing that there's someone like like me out there, who will make sure that the bad actors reap the whirlwind. :mischievous:

I was never near this dude for the whole race, and when it appeared to be inevitable that I was gonna take the win, he got stupid. I ended up 6th because after he hit me, he hit the wall, giving me 5 penalty seconds. His name is written down.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I don't look for trouble on the track.
    I just won't stand for being unjustly victimized.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 3:02 AM
  10. Odiesback

Odiesback

Trying to squeeze all I can from theMOTUL GT-R in Race B... after many hot laps I am down to 1:30.109. That includes flat out in to Chicane of Death... goal is to have in below the 30s. Let’s see!

I tried to Xanavi but I have been slower in it. In all fairness I have only driven few laps in it. Sticking to the GTR since I have already created a cool livery for it :D

Edit: just realized they're both GT-Rs :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 2:25 AM
  11. Granadier

Granadier

They just didn’t like that you were the odd one out trying to race in their TT Cup.

12. sturk0167

sturk0167

I saw that guy from my 3rd video, again. He started 6th, and I started 12th. I sent him a pre-race message that simply said "Buckle up ;-)".

I made it up to 7th by the first turn, and he completely blew the corner. I flew by and never saw him again. :lol:

I'm satisfied. :D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 3:47 AM
  13. NoStopN

NoStopN

I bet his KP profile looks like a roller coaster or just a flat line near the bottom of the chart.

And the House of Gryffindor is awarded 5 points for the drift into the next corner.

The hit & run is one reason why I won't run Tokyo in dailies any more. Last week's racing at St. Croix had the same effect. I grazed someone who was fishtailing & he finally hit the wall. Guess who scored 2 sweet seconds of extra time in the penalty zone.

From what I saw in the video, the guy 250cal passed was using every inch of the track...& then some. He was more drift king than Le Mans champion.

I have spent some time tonight trying to build my credits & get a Gr. 2 car for the alt account. So far, no dice. And, it looks like I won't reach that goal before the dailies change again. In the meantime, I've been enjoying a little Project Cars 2. I'll wait & see what mess next weeks racing affords us.

14. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Wow, just wow. Down to 49 SR now, 4K DR down. SR.S is definitely still better than SR.B at DT: Seaside. I might have to do some Tsukaba races tomorrow to get out of SR.B as it's a game of roller derby tag in GR.2. This describes it pretty well
    [​IMG]
    What stands out most is the insane places people try to go two wide.

15. KMGMC

KMGMC

The 08 GTR is significantly faster in Race B, just bought it and in the first 10 laps I’ve already knock a full second off my qualifying times (was using the 16’ Lexus before) went from a 1:30.18 to a 1:29.19.

Edit: and with another 3 laps down to a 1:28.71

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 4:55 AM
    Ashthebash and RacingGrandpa like this.
  16. S A Debre

S A Debre

The amount of people I've seen just casually enter into huge fights with others right before Death Chicane is incredible. Though usually when that happens both of them end up dying immediately which is pretty neat ngl.

RacingGrandpa and Redneckchef like this.
  17. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Auto Union?

Yeh, that's when it becomes a game of diminishing returns. You start making mistakes which leads to more mistakes. Step away from the console and watch YouTube videos of puppies and kittens :tup:.

RacingGrandpa likes this.
  18. bone_tone

bone_tone

Yes, it's amazing how many go off - I've been starting in P14-16, and finishing in about P6, without overtaking a single car!

People are not getting too many red SRs either, penalties have definitely been relaxed.

S A Debre likes this.
  19. S A Debre

S A Debre

Wait, you too? I saw the guy about 3 or 4 days ago, he drove like an absolute turd. I'm really lucky I didn't get rammed off.

20. S A Debre

S A Debre